Mutants & Masterminds:[DCUO] OOC Thread

Aphrodite Pandemos

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been following this thread, it even got me back into DCUO. If we're doing a game on a superhero MMO, I'd like to port my main from CoH... but a) healers aren't that big a deal in M&M and b ) can't figure out a way to make her backstory work.

So, I might be interested, but I have no idea of a concept... yet...

I'm thinking of an elemental summoner... I tried that once before and it didn't really gel, but I think that was the background that I went with. Scientific background, but given magical powers by the exobytes. He still doesn't believe in magic, but he can use it to summon elemental minions, give himself elemental powers, or move via the elements (thinking fire/earth/air/water and maybe wood).

I don't know, maybe.

All the powers would be in an array, he could only do one spell at a time... and he could still be in college, which would cut down on his skills and advantages.

I don't know, I might get down to crunching numbers tomorrow; unless I come up with something else.

My PC is to the ST for approval/edits. Just so people know my concept, he's an obsessed detective with a temper problem. His obsession is crimes involving children - he's built a reputation being relentless when it comes to solving cases with minors as victims. Granted, that reputation is in Russia and none of you have heard of it, but I'm sure Batman knows. Because Batman knows everything.

Ok, I think I have it done. Master's student in physics that enjoys cosplay/reenactment (i.e. DCU version of SCA) on the weekends and during breaks. He's always been a big fan of the chivalrous knights of old, but still has those star filled eyes towards the future and a greater understanding of the cosmos. He was on break and coming to a grand tournament that was being held in (I assume Metropolis?) and that's when he was infected with the exobytes and abducted by Brainiac.

His powers are magical/mystical in nature. Primarially he has the ability to summon elemental minions from his surroundings. Alternately, he has the ability to summon the elements to himself, giving him traits/abilities based on which element he is focusing on. Also he can fly... what good mage can't fly?

That's about it. Sending the crunchies to be approved, going to work on a more detailed background.

People trying to kill you getting you down?! That's absolutely not a problem if you're equipped with KlattaTech SynthSilk Jammies (patent pending)!! Organic polymer resins and lots and LOTS of buckyballs keep the mean old nasty bullets away, and make sure you live to see another day!

Or, if you think the best defense is a fantastic offense, then look no further than the KlattaTech Peacewand (final product designation may vary)!! Just press the firing toggle to carve a path of ions through the air, and follow it up with a powerful electric discharge in a one-two knockout punch! (avoid discharging in proximity to electronic devices)

KlattaTech: Extraordinary Solutions!

Jordan here. The character I am going with was in the US military and was injured in the war in the Middle East (maybe Kandaq or another of the DC fake middle east countries?). He was Honorably discharged and had been recovering/coping with his injuries until the Exobyte hit him.

Should we be discussing what the Exobytes gave us in terms of powers and whatnot or should we save that as a surprise for the first thread?

People trying to kill you getting you down?! That's absolutely not a problem if you're equipped with KlattaTech SynthSilk Jammies (patent pending)!! Organic polymer resins and lots and LOTS of buckyballs keep the mean old nasty bullets away, and make sure you live to see another day!

Or, if you think the best defense is a fantastic offense, then look no further than the KlattaTech Peacewand (final product designation may vary)!! Just press the firing toggle to carve a path of ions through the air, and follow it up with a powerful electric discharge in a one-two knockout punch! (avoid discharging in proximity to electronic devices)

KlattaTech: Extraordinary Solutions!

Just give me some washers and a clear line of sight.

Nochlev stares at his fellow prisoners/teammates, not sure what to say or do in response to any of this. :P

Jordan here. The character I am going with was in the US military and was injured in the war in the Middle East (maybe Kandaq or another of the DC fake middle east countries?). He was Honorably discharged and had been recovering/coping with his injuries until the Exobyte hit him.

Should we be discussing what the Exobytes gave us in terms of powers and whatnot or should we save that as a surprise for the first thread?

It'd be fun if it were a surprise. I do think we're going to have some overlap and that is completely okay - like I wouldn't be surprised if most or all of us has some flight.

Okay here is a question for you Moira. When we got hit with the Exobyte, how much knowledge got transmitted about what we can do? Are we aware of the current powers/tech/other stuff the exobyte gave us or do we have to figure that out through trial and error? What about information about the original wielder of our powers, do we have any idea of who they were before the Exobyte digitized them and their goodies? Do you want the answers to these questions to be uniform across the board or should each player be answering these questions for themselves

I only ask because my idea for TeleForce was that he is using the same name that the original power wielder used. In other words there was a TeleForce in the future and my character is using the same name and costume because that is what the Exobyte dumped on him.

"You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the fortune you seek. But first...first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril. Mm-hmm. You shall see things wonderful to tell. You shall see a...a cow...on the roof of a cotton house. Ha. And, oh, so many startlements. I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the obstacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward. Though the road may wind--yea, your hearts grow weary--still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation."

:whistle:

Archived