Mutants & Masterminds: The Alabaster Academy - The Alabaster Academy - OOC conversation

Sailor OOC

42-banner-1391911282.png

In the year 2014, a new generation of Hypers begins their studies at the only Academy in the world specifically designed for the education of Hypers. Hypers being the superhumans of the world. This new class though will be tasked to do far more than just their homework.

Okay I'm separating the OOC about characters and the game setting from the recruiting thread. So, here we are in the OOC.

First, I'll bring over any outstanding questions to the group that I will now post here. Right now there is one I can remember and that is on how we wanna do our preludes.

Do we want to do them publicly, with a prelude thread for every character, or have it done via PM then have them posted once complete?

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well the preludes are a option, it might help people get their character in their head before we focus on getting the group dynamic together.

Then again I got 9 characters I gotta juggle preludes for. Give me a couple says to think on preludes even happening, now that I see the number.

I think I have an idea with this. As there is 9 people and running 9 different threads I cannot do all at once, I am going to pare down the player characters. Those that are done are in, but I am going to limit to 5. I will post the cuts soon.

Here is who is in, who is out.

Out
Darksol
Hyoseph
Moira
Ace (not sure if you were in or out, so anyone on the fence went here)
Revenant (not sure if you were in or out, so anyone on the fence went here)
In
Casey (Heri)
Datastream (Carver)
Hikilani Mizuki (Max)
Justin (No character yet)
Abyss (No character Yet)
I will start preludes once all the characters are in.

Well Preludes for me are also enlightened self-interest.

1: I can figure out how to tie everyone together.

2: I figure a few things about everyone's characters.

3: It gives people time to ease into their characters.

4: It allows me to focus on getting everyone as a group next while getting everyone past the awkward introduction period.

Yes, I had to cut back in the process, but I'm now comfortable with the 5 I got. Looking forward to everyone's characters. So far Casey, Datastream, and HK are in. Looking to see what Abby sends and if Justin is in. I always keep a seat open for him. If Justin doesn't join, and if not I'm happy with 4, and I might open up a seat after I get going and got some momentum.

Okay, Still waiting on some decisions, that and I'm going to look at each submitted character to see where I can draw inspiration for each prelude, including knowing where each character is starting off before being "enrolled" as it were. That and I gotta finish the second half of faculty NPCs, and get sorted some extra things that make the setting a bit more colorful.

Okay, I heard Justin is out, and I'm still waiting on Abby. I'm thinking Wednesday I can start preludes no matter if Abyss is done or not. I'm okay with 3 players to start.

If anyone is wondering once gameplay starts I might close to invite only for playing in the game. I wanna make sure I got momentum going in.

Something I need to note in regards to the Prelude phase. If there is something you don't like or think you've forgotten in regards to your character, I will allow changes up to the actual start of the game, this includes during the prelude. Something that looked good at the start might not work in play, so tweaking things is allowable up to the first actual thread. Something to keep in mind though is that the changes must not change the overall concept of the character. This is more to correct errors or to fix any oversight in regards to what you think your character should have.

Here is who is in, who is out.

Out

Darksol

Hyoseph

Moira

Ace (not sure if you were in or out, so anyone on the fence went here)

Revenant (not sure if you were in or out, so anyone on the fence went here)

In

Casey (Heri)

Datastream (Carver)

Hikilani Mizuki (Max)

Justin (No character yet)

Abyss (No character Yet)

I will start preludes once all the characters are in.

Maybe I'm missing something or don't have the best of memory, but I don't think I ever knew about this game.

I guess it works out though, looks like I wasn't in the running anyway :P

EDIT: NOW I remember. Bad memory it is then. Ignore the crazy woman behind the curtain!

Okay, as far as I am concerned, everyone is approved, but why is only Casey posted?

I'm giving everyone till Sunday, if you get your characters posted by then, I'll give 2pp.

I am going to start Tomorrow, just realized what time it is, and I haven't started yet. This starting post I sort of got to start setting up where people are and it's taking a little more calculation than I originally thought. That, and it's a busy Friday strangely enough.

Writing the initial post now.

This is who I have approved, if your name is bold your profile is posted.

Heritage - Casey

Dawn - Datastream (Olivia)

Max - Kia

Abyss - Starflare - Alexis

Please, if you have not posted your profile here... do so now. If not by Monday, there won't be an extra 2pp in your pockets.

Also Moira is considering a character.

Yes, please do. Although you mentioned an age in chat, I have to see if you edited that in.

If you've not done that by the end of Orientation, I will start docking PP experience and possibly repossessing hero points. I expect a complete character when it's played.

I'm kidding... but if I don't see something soon I'll be very cross.

Archived