[Numenera] Table Talk From the 9th World

jameson (ST)

Hi guys. Apologies again for my general lack of presence.

It's been a couple of weeks since I updated and now I'm wondering if this game died while I was away. Is everybody still around? I don't mind a slow pace if there is still a general forward lurch. Otherwise maybe I should kill this game with what little dignity it has left.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hasn't died as far as I'm concerned! Been a bit out of it dealing with RL stuff over here, and I admit, this game slipped a run on priorities just because I know other folks in it are also having slow spells.

But I have a beady eye on it!

In fact, I'll take a look and see if a post comes out. I have a potentially bad habit with Raiche to wait on others to post so I can have her react to things, rather than making her first to act. I'll try to nip that moar bettar.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay again! Pregnancy is sapping my brain. :( I'll try to be around a bit more regularly, but I can't really promise anything right now. Jim - can Alice or Raiche wake Arisi or should I wait for another update from you?

Because Numenera picked up a bunch of Ennie nominations I'm going to celebrate by giving out an Advancement to everybody.  Remember that during progress to each tier you can only gain each Advancement once, so depending on what you took during character generation you will only have 3 choices left to you.

Jim - Have we had a chance for recovery since leaving the tower? I had a mark that I was already down 2 Intellect points from turning off the laser with Distant Activation, so I'm trying to figure out if I'm down a total 5 or 3 INT points right now. :)

I've updated my character sheet with the new advancement, and also added an advancement log to the Points post just for my own memory. 

once you drop to 0 in a pool you fall to impaired on the damage track and any roll over damage comes from the next pool, in this case from Might.  

Impaired characters need to pay 1 extra point to use effort and only gain +1 damage on rolls of 17+.

Remember though that you get recoveries of 1 action, 10 minutes, and 1 hour.  Only the 10 hour rest is off limits while under the effects of the nightmares.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ok. I have officially become that crappy GM who never shows.  I'm sorry. It has not been intentional.  As some of you may be aware my access to this site is blocked from work and as a result the primary time of day when I am online I am no longer able to post here or read posts.  My time outside of work ... well, there's less good reason there. 

The long and the short of it boils down to the fact that regardless of the reasons for my continual decrease in activity here I should not have left you all hanging as long as I did.  Shit or get off the pot as they say. 

Which is why I have to make the tough decision and shutter this game.  I apologize for this, truly. I'm sorry I couldn't see this to the end, but when "a few days" becomes 3 weeks, I can't lie to myself, or you all, any more.  

I hope this mess, my mess, hasn't put a sour taste in your mouth for what I truly feel is a wonderful game system and setting. 

Jameson, that's a real shame, but no hard feelings. These things happen, and it's no one's fault.

Thanks for getting back to us, and making the hard call instead of leaving us hanging.

Hope things get better for you soon.

Archived