[Numenera] Table Talk From the 9th World

jameson (ST)

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mmmm...is the laser thing a numenera? Perhaps Arisi could be aware of where the actual device is located or have the ability to turn it off remotely via Distant Activation?

Actually that sounds really cool. Let's go with that, now that you've "touched" the effect you can figure out how to reach out to the machine and control it with your power.

I'll let you narrate that as you see fit in your next post.

Was gonna post but I don't really know what to post, so I'm going to reiterate - I need you to give me something to work with, do something, push buttons, open boxes, or tell me you are inspecting something. I can't read minds at a game table let alone over the net, so please help me out by giving me something to work with.

Also, Mala, I need you to step up and start posting more frequently. If you have time to join Rev's new game you have time to post here regularly. Alternately tell me if you no long want to play in this game. With only 3 players I really need all of you to participate.

"That would mean knowing exactly what 'on' and 'off' positions are," she teased Alice as she fiddled with the buttons and switches. "Everyone, stay on your toes. I'm hoping this'll deactivate anything else wanting to take a bite out of us in here, but I may also just be switching lights on and off upstairs or something."

Roll
Malachite *rolls* 1d20: 12: 12

Arisi is trained in electrical devices, which I believe drops the TN by a step (to 9?). Also, do players win on a tie? I think this is a successful roll.

Yes, the system is "meet or beat" so the 12 alone would have been enough, and yes the training would apply meaning you needed a 9 or higher. I'll update a little later this evening

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

just and FYI, I haven't posted cause I am waiting to see how you all proceed.

also, I will be traveling for work this week from Tuesday through Thursday and then on vacation for the long weekend. So I probably will be radio silent until after memorial day

• 2 weeks later...

OK, so I know I suck right now, because its been like forever since I updated. For that I apologize.

That said this summer is likely to be bad. Work is switching our business hours and I've got a bunch of deliverables stacked up like cord wood right now so for a while I may be even more scarce than I have been.

So, I'm updating tonight, but things might be few and far between for the next few months.

Archived