Mutants & Masterminds: Heroes United - [Heroes United] OOC thread

Justin OOC

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[Heritage] 10:28 am: hi guys! [Heritage] 10:28 am: need to make a perception roll [Heritage] 10:28 am: /rolls 1d20+5 [Heritage] 10:28 am: Warning ! Only IRC subset can be used (Type /? or /help for list of IRC commands) [Jeremy] 10:29 am: Hey Heri [Heritage] 10:29 am: sigh. I can never remember how to do this Jeremy snuggles Mala [Jeremy] 10:29 am: [/d 1d20+] [Heritage] 10:29 am: what do i type for die rolls? [Jeremy] 10:29 am: without brackets, if that's what you're doing Heritage *rolls* 1d20: 14+5: 19 [Malachite] 10:29 am: Heri - [/d (number of dice)d(sides of dice)] [Malachite] 10:29 am: You got it. [Heritage] 10:30 am: there we go; can have a witness? [Heritage] 10:30 am: *I have [Malachite] 10:30 am: witness [Heritage] 10:31 am: thanks Mala
I'm guessing a Perception roll is what's need for Slither to start gathering intel, or would it be something else?

I dunno if we're going turn by turn yet, but Darksol, keep in mind that you can't use a Deflect power and an attack power in the same turn without Extra Effort. They're both standard actions.

If we're not in combat rounds yet though, disregard this comment. :)

Yar, nope. Standard action. You can even do it without the power, but the power lets you perform the manuever at range, and at a bonus equal to your Power rank. And potentially with the extra bennies you speak of.

Hm, so we both have redirection Deflect powers.

Interesting. We could do a kind of tag team thing, where we switch off acting and Deflecting. Tee hee.

Carver, you're writing for Jael, correct? If not, sorry to whoever I've mistaken to be Carver :P

Anyway, in your last post you mentioned sweat pants. Scout's no longer wearing sweat pants. His costume got a once-over by Paladin's creation powers so it looks more like a captain america style bodysuit now.

Perhaps something along these lines:

american-panther.jpg

With more of his face and/or hair showing through the mask like so:

petr-cech-2011-11-10-12-10-9.jpg

I'd imagine the helmet itself is also armored like a standard military issued helmet.

I also have a question. In your response to Gatekeeper's post, you posted this...

The builidng would hold for now, thanks to the two of them, and indeed, they could hear it's occupants cries for help, some were obviously hurt within.

MO is holding up the building and all the Paladin did was make some ice around the areas that were still on fire. He hasn't filled in the hole yet. Is the building actually out of the woods for now? I just wanted to check, though he'll probably fill in the hole either way just to be on the safe side.

Ok, question. If the Paladin were to try and make a muzzle around one of the beasts, so it couldn't open its' mouth to spew its' acid fire... what would that be mechanically? Power negation? Affliction? Pretty sure it would be a power stunt since all I have is create, damage, and transmutation effects currently.

On the other hand, if he waited until the thing attacked and put up a wall or cone to catch/stop the acid fire... would that be some sort of defense action, similar to what Scout is doing? I know I would have to ready my action and would thus loose my spot in the init order, but that'd be ok.

Of course, he could always just chuck grenades under the beasts, if he finds out that they're less armored under there.

At this point, I'm not sure how close Slither is to Jael and her beastie. If she can get there within one move action, she will attempt her Weaken again; otherwise, she'll get as close as she can with a double move to set-up an attack next round.

Max that post was fantastic! I had a great time reading it!

For Scout's part, I'm going to have him bounce his shield around a few times and really let the creature have it. I'm hoping from perhaps a surprise attack from my 3 Ricochet ranks and from Heritage's Weaken, this will have some effect on the thing this time around.

Defensive attack (3) and Power attack (5) at the same time!

Defensive Attack 3 (Raise dodge and parry to 12); Power Attack 5 (Raises attack rank to 13). (1d20+4=10)

Ugh, what a crappy roll! Ah well, MAYBE if the creature is Flat Footed and weakened? Mayyybe? It's got homing, so the shield will try to strike the target again at the top of the next turn if this misses... Until then, Scout's going to run for cover haha!

okay guys, you can deal with the remaining basalt soldiers cinematically, as well as the holes. They need to be filled in, or at least capped. There are a total of six holes, Two open to the air, and 4 more that are still within uncollapsed but structurally damaged buildings. Those are smaller, but still need capping, and the buildings will need some reinforcement.

There's also seeing what happened to the other monster, thrown 4 miles away south into the bay

Beyond that, picking up Fulcrum and returning to base. Andery is feeding everyone with a commlink reports that emergency services are enroute, so those with secret identities need to be careful.

I gather that there's no further need for combat, so when gatekeeper hops over the the splashdown point of the other monster, I'll assume it's drowned. Since I was merely flying to the bay, I'll make a stop to fix one of these holes before I deal with the confirm on monster #2.

I'll be away on holiday for a week and change, so my next few posts may be sporadic.

Archived