Mutants & Masterminds: Heroes United - [Heroes United] OOC thread

Justin OOC

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Considering Forgotten Things is on 2 pages and Justin only has in a single post, I'm going to hold off on any further posting until he has a chance to catch up and take care of replying to Magus, who has actually made a skill roll (been wondering when the eggheads would stop talking and actually start working :P).

For now, just assume that Gabriel is helping MO and Fulcrum gather everyone into the medical wing/floor/area.... whatever we have.

Science, Investigation, Perception...

You guys could have been doing all sorts of things. Granted you've been focusing on crowd control (and that's important), but there's been a ton of stuff that could have been done besides building a fence. You don't have like portable labs in your utility belts or anything? Nothing to help you guys do actual field work in the event that a mist of unknown origin comes and steals an entire building?

That woulda been the first thing I put on my utility belt. And a sno-cone maker.

Well the only thing I can do is to observe the mist and try to deduce from how it moves if it is a liquid (like a fog), a solid (dust storm), or other. Then again with my crap rolls on perception and investigation my effort is wasted.

[Rebecca OOC] 1:35 pm: Okay going into sherlock mode...
[Rebecca OOC] 1:35 pm: Perception, to check out the mist... see how it behaves...
Rebecca OOC *rolls* 1d20: 6+6: 12
[Rebecca OOC] 1:35 pm: probably won't get a thing, but I can observe it's overall behavior.
[Rebecca OOC] 1:36 pm: Now to do a science roll to compare what I'm seeing to what I know how liquids and solids move...
Rebecca OOC *rolls* 1d20: 13+12: 25
[Rebecca OOC] 1:37 pm: And now to use Investigation to piece together what evidence I can glean...
Rebecca OOC *rolls* 1d20: 4+15: 19

Note in a situation like this, I wager a DC 20 is needed to get anything useful. I think. Unless I can relay any info I get to Paladin and see if he can assist.

Remember, you guys are a team. As long as there are others who have rudimentary knowledge of the skills you need you can make use of the Team Work action (or even the advantage, if someone has it).

That way, even the non-scientists can contribute to the investigation and help crack larger DCs.

Look it up in the book. It's handy.

But we do have a portable snow-cone maker... it walks, talks and wears an advanced metallic suit.

As for other stuff we could've been doing... there's only so much we can do before we need ST intervention. By doing what we've done, we've been able to keep posting and interacting more with each other without sitting idly by and waiting for an ST post. I've purposefully stayed away from skill checks for that very reason.

That was sort of my point. It gives the ST something to come back to after an absence so he can pick up and go instead of posting "okay, now roll skill checks" and we all have cycle through skill check posts.

When Justin gets back he will thank you for making his job easier.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm recording my roll here, as there was a hero point spent.

[Rebecca OOC] 4:25 pm: Well gotta make a 14 to pull this
notice check... I should ask if I would receive any bonus
from having a high technology skill once I roll...

Rebecca OOC *rolls* 1d20: 4+6: 10

Rebecca OOC sigh I'll spend a Hero point I should be able
to spot this from a mile away.

Rebecca OOC *rolls* 1d20: 3+6: 9
[Rebecca OOC] 4:27 pm: ...
[Rebecca OOC] 4:27 pm: And still didn't make it!!!

As my Technology skill is so high, can that provide an edge for me to actually spot the tech? I just spent a hero point on this and still got skunked with a 19 (as any roll under 10 counts as 10+what was rolled+modifiers). I should spot this like the broadside of a barn.

Why would you waste a Hero point on that? Also don't you add 10 to the roll if you get lower than 10 when you spend a Hero Point on a roll?

EDIT: just checked. If you roll 1 to 10 on a Hero Point generated reroll, you add 10 to the roll.

Hero points should be used on important things and this isn't important to the story. it's interesting background material, but you knowing or not knowing about it isn't going to radically change the story or move it forward in any appreciable way.

Think about all those times in fight threads where you've been frustrated because you used your Hero Point earlier in the thread/story. Hero Points are supposed to be used at critical junctions in the story where success or failure will make a huge difference.

You guys think I should just roll a different character and just retire Doc? She's just looking more and more incompetent in being a super.

Fixing the issues with the blaster will take 8 PP, She's only got two complications, and got poor ability to spot things.

Whatever else you make will have places of incompetence. That's because you have a limited number of points with which to build any given PC. They'll all have something that they're good at, and something they're incompetent at because you can't make them good at everything. Northlight is a fine character. Just don't expect that she has to be able to spot things, or that she has to have the perfect blaster, or etc. Honestly, the greatest issues I have with her come from how you play her and how you react to her OOC, and that's not something a new build or new PC will fix.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When did He give me a comlink? I don't recall that at all.

EDIT: Now that Long has made Paladin create him a Comlink in his last post which cam after the one where I stated he didn't have one, he now has one. Further, I never stated that Magus was actively trying not to be a member, but rather playing him as someone who's first reaction upon meeting members of a super team is "oh, can I join!?"

Magus wasn't really asked to join any team and he doesn't really consider himself a super hero in the classic sense. So he's doing his thing and investigating magical weirdness. More than likely he will end up sticking around the group after this depending on well things go.

As an aside, I don't question how you play and portray your character regardless of how I feel about what you do, I would appreciate you according me the same respect. If you have a question about what I am doing with Magus please ask but do it without the attitude and assumptions. Thank you.

Oh for fucks sake. Can you please stop with the passive aggressive bullshit. It's me and my character you have a problem with though for the life of me I don't know what Magus has done to elicit all the scorn you are sending his way in the current thread. And yes, I questioned it because I'd like to know why Northlight feels so strongly about Magus that she'd badmouth him to the US government.

As for not trusting me OOC to work with the group. I'm still puzzling on that because as of yet, Magus has not met the entire group and in fact is working with the group right now. I realize the Heroes of Tech and Magic thread was a bit of a mess, and I don't really care how Dave has treated you about it. I am not Dave. However everything Magus has done has been within his character even though it may not have led to a terribly exciting story.

Frankly, I am tired of these tantrums. If you want to know why I am doing something with my character then take the grown up path and just ask me. But going around and spouting off passive-aggressive attacks both IC and OOC just destroys any respect and credibility you have with me.

I honestly don't care now.

This whole game has been one miserable experience and whenever I play my character the way I see her doing things, I catch shit for it. I didn't pull back what I said about Magus and THIS is what happens. THIS is why I edit posts around here. People are taking it personally OOC and I just can't function with this environment.

To be honest now I do want to be excused from the current thread as now I am of the thought process now that there will be too much meta for anything to function.

Archived