[Pathfinder] Dungeon Crawlin' - aka "Where's the exit?"

Nyrath

While starting recruitment for a second game while I have yet actually get the IC thread up for the first might not be the height of wisdom here goes.

The premise for this simple; your characters wake up somewhere other than where they went to sleep. More specifically a chamber within a dungeon complex of unknown size and location. While mercifully enough you have all your gear enough supplies to last a while at least you may or may not actually know anyone else in the group on the outset and no one of your knows how you've ended up where you are. So your goals are simple; survive and preferable make it out. And possible enrich yourselves on the way.

And while this is in theory a straight forward dungeon crawl, that need not mean simple hack 'n slash. A rogue or something to help with traps would be helpful I imagine though. Characters need not be from any specific setting, but if you wish they may. These need not be consistent between characters though.

Oh, and I'm using a randomized dungeon similar aids to cut down on my own workload, just so people know.

Character creation as follows.

25 point point-buy. (I'll link to the relevant chart in the morning.)

Level 1, 500 gp budget and you start half-way to level 2 (I'm still undecided whether to use the fast progression or the medium one).

Anything in the SRD goes unless I say otherwise. Any class, any race without a level adjustment and so on.

While I'll have to investigate whether or not the SRD holds the rules for such I'm looking at letting any race with less than 15 RP (race points) spend points up to that.

Looking for between 3 and 6 players, might handle more though.

Definite maybe. I'm not going to completely commit, a lot depends on the timing, as I just got into a couple of one shots in the Paizo Pathfinder forums. If those are finished before this starts, then yes, count me in.

I was thinking Ninja, but I might reel that back in to pure rogue. Of course, I've always wanted to play a Cleric but haven't ever actually made one for a game. I guess I'll see how/if things develop and then make a final decision.

Well, getting out is going to be a challenge and there is a reason you've ended up where you have (whether or not you find out what it is is another matter). The game itself may or may not end with you getting out, at this point there are no actual plans for anything beyond that. But we all know how RPs tend to grow and meander somewhat.

Archived