HoT discussion thread

Noir

So, what is everyone looking at making?

I was looking at a High school to College aged metahuman, formerly the star of the school/college football team, but due to his metahuman powers, now unable to play. He turns into a metal form that increases his durability and greatly increases his physical strength. his hero name would be Gridiron.

The second Idea I had is a Former Gang member Kevin "Knives" Cage, who was mortally wounded during an ongoing feud. He was a great knife fighter, and as he laid dying, his meta human gene activated, regenerating him from the fatal damage, and to his surprise, giving him the ability to create and extrude blades from any part of his body. He now seeks to end the gang violence Gotham. his Hero name would be "Razorclaw"

My idea is that Naomi Minami is a college girl (or Junior/Senior in High School) whose parents were murdered for a unknown reason, leaving her their substantial fortune. Publicly she moved on with her life and interacts with the cream of Gotham's society.

In reality, her Parents were Yakuza who were sent to Gotham not too long before she was born to oversee operations. They got killed for a reason that Naomi is of yet to uncover. See, Naomi uses her cover being the rich dilettante to cover her nighttime hobby to investigate the death of her parents, and in the process also help the people of Gotham.

She doesn't know yet about her parent's criminal ties,but when and if she does she will see that her money now provides the opportunity for her to set things right.

Naomi is a deductive prodigy, and is a capable gunslinger to boot.

Her codename: The Enigma

When she started operating, people she helped who were apt to Grafitti started leaving this Japanese character for Enigma on the walls: 謎 or Nazo.

I was struck by the idea of using a version of Darlene from the aborted Bad Penny Adventure game, a young paralegal who wakes from a three-year coma to find she has Inspired-style mental abilities, including invisibility, a fear aura and a few other tricks up her sleeve. I need to come up with a cool name, though.

Am I correct in assuming we'd need to take Pilot to fly one of those Blade Runner type cars everyone in BB uses? Dar would probably have both Pilot and Drive (she grew up in rural Georgia, after all.)

I'd like to keep here Adventure-based, if that's cool with everyone; I really prefer the power system. I'd be quite willing to drop all Dramatic Editing stuff, and I would assume amy power that doesn't affect or is resisted by Inspired would apply the same way to nova-build characters, Quantum standing in for Inspiration.

Actually, most people who have personal transportation still used wheeled cars and motorcycles. Nicer cars and some large construction vehicles use limited AG to hover a few feet off the ground. The ultra wealthy might have an actual full AG 'flying car' (for which I will use the CP2020 term "aerodyne" from here on out). Police even still use mostly wheeled cars with the occasional aerodyne and LTA craft and of course the fire department uses full huge aerodyne 'trucks' (which is a must in a city that is so vertical.

So you would need Pilot for an actual aerodyne, but not for just a 'hover' car.

,, ,,

As far as using just Adventure! for character generation, I am certainly okay with that. it brings things down to a little more street level but still allows some amazing heroics. I mean, look at the (by this time) old Justice League. How many of them would just be Adventure!-style "Inspired" people? Batman, Green Arrow, Huntress, The Question, Wildcat, Vigilante... The list goes on.

Actually, most people who have personal transportation still used wheeled cars and motorcycles. Nicer cars and some large construction vehicles use limited AG to hover a few feet off the ground. The ultra wealthy might have an actual full AG 'flying car' (for which I will use the CP2020 term "aerodyne" from here on out). Police even still use mostly wheeled cars with the occasional aerodyne and LTA craft and of course the fire department uses full huge aerodyne 'trucks' (which is a must in a city that is so vertical.

So you would need Pilot for an actual aerodyne, but not for just a 'hover' car.

It's funny, we're in a Cyberpunk setting, yet we use a term like Aerodyne (very steampunk sounding) and LTA blimps are a thing...

Still, it's shway. I shouldn't distract myself from getting The Enigma done.

Is it assumed we're sort of just starting out at this hero, and are therefore kind of growing into the role? Darlene turned out pretty sweet, but she's no Batman, which is cool and all. I didn't have the points for Cloak of Dread, but Brain Skimming, Cloud the Mind and Teledigitation are still a sweet package.

It's funny, we're in a Cyberpunk setting, yet we use a term like Aerodyne (very steampunk sounding) and LTA blimps are a thing...

Still, it's shway. I shouldn't distract myself from getting The Enigma done.

Areodyne has been a cyberpunk term since like the 80's, and virtually every cyberpunk setting has LTA blimps with huge moving bilboards on and sides and some for police as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Before we start just a few reminders for you all.

Brush up on and do not forget about:

• Dramatic Editing 

• Spending Inspiration

• Your Inspiration Facets

• Bonuses for good description

These are all things that can help you a great deal.

Before we start just a few reminders for you all (amended with pg #'s)

Brush up on and do not forget about:

• Dramatic Editing - (pg. 193-197)

• pending Inspiration - (pg. 153)

• Your Inspiration Facets - (pg. 152-153)

• Bonuses for good description - (Pg. 198 sidebar "Stunts and Props")

These are all things that can help you a great deal.

Archived