z012

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

"You should play an avatar character," she said. "It would be interesting to watch someone RP that," she said.

*goes to watch something happy before bed in the hopes that she'll stop blubbering and not have nightmares about her nearest and dearest getting 'Raptured Away' tonight* :cry::cry::cry:

(I kid, Mala. Mostly anyway, LOL. I knew what I was signing up for! :rolleyes::P )

I know you're super busy irl, Dave, but could you give me a shout in chat at some point or a post for Adam when you get a chance? I'm trying to get the game back going, so I'm running through each of the characters/groups to see where love is needed. :D

I was kinda waiting on you.

Adam's last post was him heading towards the location of the NPC you had call the station. I didn't know what to expect or how you wanted the scene to play out so I was simply waiting on you to fill me in or shoot me a post I could respond to. We talked about that awhile back.

No biggie either way, I'll see about getting you something in Azure really soon. As you said, RL has been kicking my butt lately.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a post written, but I have to wait until I get it somewhere where I can c/p it. I'll post tonight; meanwhile, I'd like to ask that people don't move us away from the scene of Adam coming in too much. It'd suck to have to rewrite major portions of the post but I've left myself some wiggle room in case someone does want to chime in. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to post to say that I hope Helena's internal process at the beginning of my last post wasn't in any way hurtful to Kylie's lovely player, or anyone else. She's a doctor, so health issues are of immense importance to her, but I've spent most of my life in the plus-size section of clothing stores, so I know how sensitive a subject it can be. I apologize sincerely and wholeheartedly if it was in any way offensive.

Updated Krystal's Profile page with a brief description of her house, with a link to listing for the house her home is based on, and a Google Map of its location (and the location of the police station too).

Looking at it, Krystal's home is actually South of the Police Station, Jas, if you want to make the slight edit.

Absolutely not, Helena! It's totally in-character, although I did think of a fun snarky comment to make if Helena ever vocalizes her concerns. :D I'm not in any way offended.

Krystal - gotcha. For some reason I thought I'd read that she was living north of the river somewhere. Not sure where I mixed that up from. I'll make the correction, and see if it affects Kylie's response in any way.

With the first thread finished, I'd love to hear feedback from people - what you liked, anything that detracted from the fun of the thread, what you'd like to see from me in future threads, any ideas on how to make gameplay any smoother, etc. :)

Oh, and additional rules note: You may increase a skill/attribute/power (when they come into play) at the end of each thread by one dot. I'm putting this cap on xp "dumping" to avoid the novice-to-master in one day syndrome.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm just waiting for everyone to get back from what they were doing. I hate to play the sidelines, but Adam was a strong voice in the whole 'we need to stay away from the prescription medication' talk and his words went on deaf ears since it seemed unanimous that drugs are the only thing the group really needs to focus on.

Adam is in the lobby, working on things that actually deal with the survival of the group, not excursions and wild adventures to search for people or load up on drugs. Once he's done with the kits he'll go to the roof and set up a flare and a watch post and hope someone with a helicopter survived (which is not unlikely if anyone in the military has started gathering up survivors). I was giving others some time to post since it would take him some time to make enough kits for everyone. Searching the hospital is only detracting from time that could be spent on setting up a beacon that would summon nearby help (if any exists).

And the group needn't fear not having antibiotics. Antibiotics are quite common in the first aid kits found within ambulances, which are a lot less secure than the hospital pharmacy.

In the meantime, Adam is in the lobby with the googly-eyed NPC and a PC who can't speak English but is incredibly adept and glaring at white people with fear, scorn, and contempt.

If you'd bothered to read other people's posts, you'd know that the group in the hospital isn't looking for drugs, they're only looking for people to help. I get it, you're sore that they didn't listen to your PC. You'd think that as a cop Adam would be behind the rescue of injured or helpless people but if he's not, that's cool. Mala said she has something planned for both groups so even if you feel sidelined, you aren't.

I'm waiting for Helena or Mala at this point. From what I've read, I think the group in the hospital was waiting on Helena to pick a direction (IIRC most of the people there were looking to her to lead). The group in the lobby is putting together backpacks with Adam and waiting on something to change that status quo.

If you have an issue, don't present it like in this passive aggressive way. All it does is piss people off and in some cases, make them unwilling to post in the game at all to avoid the BS. That doesn't help posting at all.

If you'd bothered to read other people's posts, you'd know that the group in the hospital isn't looking for drugs, they're only looking for people to help. I get it, you're sore that they didn't listen to your PC. You'd think that as a cop Adam would be behind the rescue of injured or helpless people but if he's not, that's cool. Mala said she has something planned for both groups so even if you feel sidelined, you aren't.

If you have an issue, don't present it like in this passive aggressive way. All it does is piss people off and in some cases, make them unwilling to post in the game at all to avoid the BS. That doesn't help posting at all.

It's hard to keep up with the posts because often they don't make sense. Example: in the first thread Bili possessed the attitude of survival of the fittest and was all for looking out for herself. One thread later she's all about searching for survivors and helping babies. She completely 180ed her personality in less than a couple of hours of game time. After Adam had mentioned the situation with the locks and the security, it goes on to say that everyone was looking for badges so they could get into places, not 'they decided not to look for drugs'. Adam saw people leave and no one filled him on the change of plans, he is under the assumption that there is a drug group and a rescue group.

The reason he's not looking for survivors is because you don't need a large group to do that. While everyone is out looking about it's wasting time that could be spent getting up a beacon that rescuers could see... you know, rescuers that could care for the people you guys find in the hospital. Adam isn't a doctor, he can't help them but what he can do is make sure the people he does see walking around is properly cared for and has the means to survive on their own in case they separated (which seems to be a reoccurring theme). If you need him, you know where he is.

I didn't have any issues and I wasn't being passive aggressive. I stated everything pretty straight forward from my point of view.

I have issues now. You're right, it does piss people off, I'm pretty well and pissed now, thanks for that.

If no one is doing anything then I'll get an Adam post started with him working on something that might lure out potential aerial rescue teams. It'll be a third team, but at least Google-Eyes and her companion will something more to do than drawing on the table. That way at least something is happening in the thread.

Dave, please read posts more carefully. There was a discussion in the ER room about going to look for survivors and skipping the pharmacy for now. There are also two other PCs (Tejah and Kylie) besides Adam in the ER, one of whom has the receiving end of a baby monitor so that those in the ER room can hear what is going on with the other group. If Adam is ignoring that, fine, but the points you brought up were done from (as I read it) an OOC perspective and are some are simply incorrect from what has been written.

I have stated that I have plans for both groups. Adam is not being sidelined, I was simply trying to give all the players in each group a chance to post before I moved on. I figured for the group in the ER that there might be some conversation rp possibilities, but if that is leaving you feeling like your PC is being ignored, then I'll move on to more action-oriented moments in the storyline.

"That way at least something is happening in that thread." is exactly a passive-aggressive bullshit answer. You want to be pissed at Carver? Send her a damn PM. That goes for everyone from this point forward. If your criticism isn't constructive and polite - I don't want to see it here. I'm done with dealing with people's pissing matches in the OOC of my games. It's killed three of them at least as this sort of sniping in OOC makes me not want to deal with the game. If you're bored in the thread or feel you've been waiting on someone, most especially me, to do something for too long, then say so - politely.

I am pretty upset right now if that wasn't glaringly obvious. Kylie and Helena have until Wednesday to post and hopefully by then I will have regained enough emotional equilibrium to feel up to putting in my own posts and moving the game forward.

Wow... just, wow.

Okay, at no point in time were any of my posts passive aggressive. I did not intend them that way and if you chose to read them as such, that's on you. Go looking for a fight and you'll find one, as they say. Text does not convey tone or inflection, and had you heard me speaking my posts aloud you would had seen I was sincere and even a little tongue-in-cheek about it.

At this point I'm walking away from the OOC thread completely. I didn't post a single thing looking to argue with people so it's best not to be present since it's obvious that's what you're looking to do. Don't bother replying to this post because it will not be read. Do not PM me, I will delete it. Don't even send me a letter, since we have nothing to discuss.

If Adam is needed posting, place something in the shout box to call my attention to it. Of course, you have the option of not calling on me at all, if you don't want Adam in your game, simply don't bother letting me know I'm up and I'll fade away. No harm done and no hard feelings.

The update post will probably be delayed a few days due to pain meds. I keep trying to put j's in words. Hopefully I'll be able to work my way through today or tomorrow, but it might be as late as the weekend depending on how quickly my knee heals up.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Okay, can I get Perception + Awareness rolls from those in the Front Room, please. For those that are Deeper, I just need to know if you guys are gonna try to force the magnetic lock some way or backtrack to the offices or look around in this area for any conveniently abandoned badges. If the last choice, please also give me a Perception + Awareness roll. :D

Also, if you guys wanna break out in line dancing or whatever in the halls, feel free. Those were the three ideas that seemed bandied around, but don't feel locked into them.

Let's get Azure goin' again!

Archived