Aberrant: Infinite Earth - Cosmos Nova - Not all who wander are lost...merely parnoid.

Funnelweb

The Russian turns around when he hears English being spoke in a female voice that is not Sasha's. As Kamiko Aino comes moving up the street shouting, he actually chuckles faintly. "Seems like you made a friend." He jokes in a low tone to his beautiful companion. "And there are worse things than getting lost with a beautiful woman. I can't think of any at the moment, but maybe a month in a gulag..." Winking at Sasha, Ivan continues to look toward Kamiko as she approaches. "I don't mind if you tag along, Miss, as long as this weary body hits hot water sooner than later."

"What do you think, Sash?" Ivan queries with a twinkle in his eye, shortening her name as he becomes more familiar with her. Or perhaps its because the name Sasha is also common in his country, either way, it seems to be a demonstration of affection. "Bathhouse around here somewhere, or are we going to find a bar instead, eh?" Kamiko isn't ignored, as the man's icy blue eyes shift over her bodysuited form, "Or perhaps our new friend knows where it is?"

The Russian's body-language displays he has let is guard down. Something about these two women seem to allow him to do so. (OOC: If you are perceptive/aware enough to notice, or just for damned good RP!)

Long for his part chuckled "Don't be too obvious Kamiko, one of them is a friend, the other someone who will likely need our help.." his voice was so low the bare hint of wind made more noise. Instead, the red and blue lights heralded the arrival of the authorities, and he remanded the unconsious maifa members to their custody. He quickly followed them to the station, and entered his own statement into the record.

Duty discharged, he arrived home, with five other copies of himself, and made his way to where another was seated near five cribs. The seven became 1, sharing all their experiences, and Long himself smiled. "Well things are certainly going to get interesting."

Kamiko giggled. "Not a problem, I just try to help whenever I can, sir." She brushes back some of her white locks from her face. Also what she said was in perfect russian, as if she had lived in Moscow since she was a child. She then turned to Muse and spoke in Spanish. "Then again, not exactly sure what to do in the mean time, so I might stick around and enjoy things." She kept smiling switching back to English. "So... I don't think we're that far off, although I've never lived in Tokyo at any point in my life. I'm from Yokohama, actually. Nice place to visit and not too far from Tokyo. I guess you can call it a "suburb" of the main city."

She adjusted her coat. Everything about her made her seem she was a lot older than she looked. Her expression on her youthful face suggested a long, hard past behind her red eyes. The smile was a cover. One could see that, and that didn't need any looking into. Once she was off duty, she couldn't distract herself anymore.

"Your Russian is superb for a non-native speaker." Ivan shares, speaking to Kamiko Aino with a small amount of respect in his voice. It takes a /lot/ to get the man's respect, so her command of the language is quite impressive to him. He's speaking in English at this point, conversationally, though his Slavic accent is quite heavy. "Both yourself and Sasha possess quite a gift for difficult language." He rubs Sasha's back casually as he compliments the two of them.

Wiggling his toes in his boots, the man looks distracted for a minute: he makes a mental note to try to find some money somewhere to be able to dress a bit better, and get better fitting shoes.

"So Kamiko, are you married? Boyfriend? Children?" Ivan inquires as the trio continues to walk along down the street.

"Married to the job, really... all I've had for a year and a half... it's been... a rough stretch to say the least. That and I've spent a few months in your wonderful country." She sighed. "I mean it it was actually nice there, although... things didn't end well."

"Once I came back to Japan I had to put my brain back together. Losing Noami not too long ago didn't help. She was... a bit of a mentor for the little time I knew her. Occasionally I babysit her children when Ryu has to go somewhere, otherwise it's up to Naoko or whoever Department Zero has on the nanny staff."

She smiled. "Then again, Ryu can be in multiple places at once it seems. With little effort."

I really hope that wasn't classified... she started to worry. "Umm... so... I'm hoping that the little confrontation didn't cause any... issues... in terms of your view of our country. It's rare that the Vory are causing grief on our streets... in fact I think Naomi was tracking a few before she went on aternity leave..."

She massages her chin. "In a few days I'll be going through her office and getting her files. Her... building might be going up for sale soon and I want to make sure nothing of security matters gets left behind. That... and I am sure Ryu would like some of her last cases, and perhaps her personal effects."

She shakes her head. "Enough about that... should have put that behind me... us really... "

Quirking an eyebrow, it had to come out. "What was their deal back there?"

Sasha was not ignoring the two intentionally, she was questioning total strangers in the stilted Japanese she learned from the translator about a missing tablet. Kamiko corrects her language every once in a while but Sasha's a bit of a quick learner in that regards. Her attention is grabbed back to Ivan when he tickles her back. She wasn't expecting it, but it was pleasurable. A cat like stretch later and she was back into the conversation with Ivan and Kamiko.

"Our deal was that when you stick out like a sore thumb, you tend you draw company," she said noting the people following them with a smirk. "Bad guys needed to be taught a lesson, though," she chuckled, "maybe they will take dance lessons now?" She looked to Kamiko and curtsied as customary, "Forgive my rudeness from the noodle shop, senora."

"Not an issue, Miss. After all being accosted like that is a bit of a stressful experience." She said, innocently holding a silver cross around her neck. "Then again I do know about over-reacting with stress." She went slightly pale. "I'm... well... not exactly known for being calm at times."

"To be honest, it's not a big deal."

Rain slowly starts falling from the dark skies above, initially small droplets - almost a misting - and then moments later large, fat drops of rain begin pelting down out of the sky causing shopkeepers to duck under awnings and pull in stools and chairs from the sidewalk/street edge. The moon slowly wanes behind large, fluffy, greying clouds - its silvery light refracting off the raindrops falling to provide an odd sort of performance art of the natural variety.

Ivan tilts his head for a moment, thinking to himself before re-engaging both women in conversation. As the rain falls, he shifts himself and Sasha under a nearby awning with gentle pressure on her back to guide her there. Once free of the silver-rain, he runs a hand over his bald head, clearing it of water. Both of the ladies would notice how the water followed the scarring on his face, rivulets of rainwater rushing through them and down to drip from his jawline. He uses the back of his hand to brush his forehead as dry as it can get, then speaks once more.

"As Sasha said, I am gaijin, I stick out like a sore thumb. The gangsters wanted my money, I think? They must be part of some sort of Russian-Japanese gang?" He queries, lying through his teeth to Kamiko, though doing so flawlessly this time. "As we are seeking a bathhouse, I must be honest ladies - and it shames me to say so, but I have no job and no money - so while my company may be priceless - I assure you - I can't afford to pay attention - as they say." His eyes have taken on a blue-grey hue, alongside the rain's entrance and now they shift away with visible shame as he admits to his companions that he cannot even afford sake for either of them as they wait beneath the awning.

"I got it, friend... least I can do." Kamiko said. Money wasn't a object for her as she rummaged through her bag pulling out a couple of clear plastic ponchos. "I keep these on hand for emergencies. They're good for a couple uses." Her coat shifts into the form of a poncho itself. She leaned on the wall. "To be honest, my curiosity's been piqued. Having a known DSA agent and a unknown Russian nova on Japanese soil, that and I've had a long experience with the Russians, both good and bad, well... again... makes me curious."

The rain gets harder as she pulls the hood up on her now poncho. "Yeah... paper clothing. Never have to worry about wardrobe."

"So... a bath house... seems after all this excitement we all could use it. Everything's on me." She said with a smile. "If there is one thing I want Novas visiting my country to know, is I'm generous. Hideyoshi-sensei taught me that."

Ivan continues to have his arm around Sasha's waist after the ponchos are placed on and the trio heads toward the bathhouse. "Who is this unknown nova?" The scarred man asks Kamiko Aino with a raised brow, adding, "And should I be worried about him coming for me?" His question is genuine, though perhaps he /might/ be pulling her leg. Hard to tell with the stone-faced expression he's giving her.

As the trio rounds the corner to the bath-house entrance, the Russian visibly relaxes, as if the implication of 4 walls around him might lessen the dangers of being out in the open. "So...I shall meet you in the tubs?" He asks of both women with a slight nod, the sentiment more a statement than a question.

"Not sure who you refer to... if it is Hideyoshi-sensei... she is going to be sot of hard to reach unless you visit the family shrine... she's... passed on. As for Ryu... he's got bigger fish to fry honestly, namely Hideyoshi-sensei's children."

She looked down. "That's... well... beside the point. All of us are just curious as to what is going on considering your company and the incident a few minutes ago."

She looked up. In her way she seemed pretty... but seemingly lost. "I'm sorry if I'm throwing you two off. If this was just some chance meeting that had went wrong... then it is what it is... we should only be concerned with dealing with the criminal element."

Sasha wasn't prepared for the rain. Even though she got a poncho she was not amused by the sudden wetness from the sky. Still, she kept calm and cool, even holding tight to Ivan when he wrapped his arm around her. She just wanted to get out of the cold water into the hot water.
She couldn't help but feel a twinge of guilt. Though she was here with Ivan and Kamiko, her mind was elsewhere. Something Ivan could tell. While she wasn't avoiding the conversation, even putting in a few polite acknowledgements of her surroundings, she was quiet. It seemed kinda off for her.
When they finally got to the bathhouse, she was relieved and detached from Ivan. "I am not sure how things go here," she said talking at Kamiko as she walked in the door. She grabbed Ivan's hand and pulled him in playfully. She smiled at Kamiko, "Perhaps a primer on bathhouse etiquette is in order," she said as she lightly tugged at her wet garments. "I am sure there are places to get more comfortable in here," she playfully bumped into Ivan's side with her hip.

Kamiko smiled. "No worries, this place caters to tourists, so westerner errors are forgiven readily. Everyone has a first time, right?" She said giggling nervously. In fact, she had never been to a bath house before... her parents never took her as a kid, and she never looked into them... she was clueless and this was a tradition!

She sweated slightly.

"Umm..." Blushing she scratched her head. "Well... uh..."

As they entered the warm bathhouse, Sasha and Ivan took Kamiko's unsaid advice to take their shoes off. The singular elder man bowed. "Thank you for coming," he said in broken English, "we usually do not get visitors this late." The man gave them each a towel, a scrubber and a robe.
Sasha crossed her arms and sighed. Poor Ivan was going to be alone. She looked up at Ivan with a smile and a wink. He knew that she had something up her nonexistant sleeves. "Excuse me, sir," she said to the elder man with a kind sweetness in her voice, "Would you allow me and my friends a private area?"
The man smiled, "Woman, you are in a public area, did you not know?" He looked back into the bathing areas. Both of them were empty. "Now I usually don't do this, but when you asked so nicely." He went to the front door and locked it, flipping a sign that said 'Gone back in' and had a little clock on it. "We usually don't get business this late. So, don't mess up room you go in and clean it up afterwards if you have to." The old man disappeared into an employee's room leaving the three alone.

Ivan is consistently impressed with his two companions, each who seems highly adept at social interactions in a way he certainly is not. "They aren't going to beat us with birch branches?" He inquires with a tone that suggests he's a bit disappointed. "Not like back home I suppose." A quick shake of his head and the Russian slips out of his dirty clothing, no shame, and no worries about nudity in front of two women he's never met.

Dropping into the tub with a long audible sigh, Ivan dips his head beneath the water before breaking the surface and leaning on the edge of the tub, arms dangling over with a look of pure bliss on his features. "Sooooo long." He murmurs, eyes half-drooped as if he was drowsy from the warmth.

"Good food, interesting dance moves, and a long hot soak make for quite the evening, wouldn't you agree?" Ivan asks both Sasha and Kamiko, a light smirk coming to his lips as he jokes about the prior events.

Kamiko didn't have a hard time disrobing. To her, handling the situation was like when she bathed with her comrades in the bodyguard detail she was in prior to her mentor's death or even when she was trapped in Russia for 6 months. There was a hiss as Her black bodysuit seemed to take on a size three times larger than her petite frame and it opened, hitting the floor. She smiled and eased in. Not really used to bathing with people she didn't know... and Co-Ed! That was... against protocol! Then again this was in a private bath.

"This... isn't bad. Although I'm used to bathing with others of my gender." She said, still slightly stiff... she did take a slight beating from one guy that actually managed to connect with a punch outside the noodle establishment. "To be honest... I like the company though... My therapist has been telling me I internalize too much my... feelings."

She starts to loosen up, sliding more into the water. There was some light coming in from outside playing through the rain, and from glinting off the water and Kamiko's almost naturally reflective hair there was a sense of magic in the room suddenly with the steam. As if there was a aura that wasn't there. It was a play of light, but the suddenly calm Kamiko seemed to fit the atmosphere.

"It's been a stressful couple of months. But tonight... tonight makes it seem worth it."

They skipped the fun part, the pre bathing wash. If the manager was filming them as Sasha suspected, he probably had a duckfit when he saw that. Oh well, when in Rome, as they say. With graceful slide of her arm behind her back, the dress she was wearing was unzipped and fell to the floor revealing a bombshell of a fit hourglass hadbody. Another quick flick and her undergarments were gone. This revealed to those watching a trail of star tattoos under her toned stomach.
Stepping into the comfortably heated water, Sasha sighed contentedly. Her bathing partners didn't look bad themselves. Ivan was a brick of muscles and Kamiko had a lithe agile body of her own. Then again, she hadn't seen a nova who didn't fit some superhero kind of build unless it fit into what theit powers were. And then they were just horrible. Sitting down in the tub was even more relaxing than she thought. She leaned back into the water to get her hair and head wet and emerged slowly, soaking in the pureness of the clean water.
She chuckled when Ivan mentioned the dancing thugs, "Surely, they will get dance lessons where ever they are going," she said sarcasticly. She smiled assuringly at Kamiko when she began feel worry. Putting her hand behind the girl's neck, she massaged lightly, "It is alright, my dear. I am of your gender. You have nothing to worry about. And Ivan? He wuldn't hurt a flea." Her leg snaked over to him, her toes playing up and down his abs, "well, maybe if the flea had motives against him. I am sure he has swatted many flies in his days." She smirked and winked pulling her leg back.

Kamiko smiled, leaning back.

"You... sort of meant something b that last remark, but honestly, you're not of my interests nor the man here in the room. My interests... well... are unfulfilled so far."

She closed her eyes. "The man I loved... he's gone. Not even sure if he is alive. Having a nuke go off where he lived sort of places doubt on someone's survival."

She steepled her fingers. "I'm... sorry I don't think I should have went there."

Ivan listens to the non-flirting going on between the two women, then smirks as Sasha runs her toes over his abs for a brief moment. "I have no intentions of... taking either of you to bed, if that truly is the nature of this conversation." He mentions as if it is irrelevant conversation, running his hand through the water in front of him.

"I have witnessed love destroy more than one person. It is a vulnerability and weakness that can't be tolerated." He raises a brow over his left eye, gazing from Sasha to Kamiko as if daring them to respond in conflict. "A woman's beauty and wiles have brought more than one great man to his knees. I am not ignorant to that lesson in history."

The scarred man paddles to the other side of the hot tub and reclines there as Kamiko is massaged. "The men who hassled us will be back. They have near unlimited resources." He's foreshadowing a bit, his tone of voice darkening as he admits the extent of their reach. "It would be in your best interest to not spend too much time in my presence. Death follows me like a loyal dog, always at my heels and sniffing about."

Kamiko's expression darkened. "Not around me. I've made it my career sending death on vacation. At least in terms of things that I can stop, and trust me I'd love another crack at the Vory... the guys I had must have been the scrubs, my ribs aren't even sore."

She shrugged. "I can say this... if there is trouble with the Vory... those pigs will be in a pen soon enough."

"I just hope it's not from the special friend Captain Hideyoshi made." She said. "The Russian... she's a cold bitch."

Sasha felt her conscious kick her again for the second time tonight when Kamiko mentioned her lost love. The damned thing was bound and determined to ruin any sort of fun she had planned for. Though she did not count any losses. She had met three very interesting people, two of them her coworkers.
With a wordless glance, Sasha asked Kamiko if she could get behind her to continue the massage. Kamiko nodded and Sasha slipped behind her. While she was not a professional, Sasha had been through enough personal massages to know where to start and go.
When Ivan mentioned his trouble with pretty women, Sasha smirked and winked at him. She spoke in a light tone trying to get the conversation to some place happier, "Oh, you can only bring so many to their knees before you get bored and have to switch it up a bit."

"With a face like this, I've never brought anyone to their knees...at least not through my wiles." Ivan remarks with a wry grin, splashing water on his chest and neck as he speaks with the two women. "Personally I'm not sure what the future holds, but I'd eventually like to find someone and someplace stable to spend time with. Nothing too serious, but someone who understands me, gets my sense of humor..." The man waxes romantic for a short moment, then realizes he's verbalizing and shuts it down. "Or no one at all would be fine."

A slight shrug of his shoulders, and he runs water-laced hands over his bald head. "This was a fantastic idea, ladies."

Kamiko smiled. Having Sasha remove the last of her aches as her own body did the rest in the warm water was definitely better than any session with a chiropractor or a doctor could ever achieve.

"Don't worry about it, sir... enjoy the quiet moments. They're the best. I'm... not here for nothing more than a new experience and... this really fit the bill."

The rain fell heavier outside, it was audible now to the three.

"Ironic... we come in here to get out of the rain and we end up wet anyways. Humanity is a strange meta-race." She said scratching her head. "At least by my assessment."

She smiled at Sasha. "You're really good with that massage. Who taught you?

Every caress felt sensual, every rub felt like a tease. It was suggestive as it was stress relieving. Still, Sasha wasn't meaning to seduce Kamiko. She just knew no other way to do her massages. Kamiko's thanks was much appreciated. "I am not a professional," she said softly in a calming tone, "but I have had a a lot of free lessons from them. You could say this is second hand knowledge. Maybe later on I could teach you a few things, personally?"

Kamiko smiled, taking everything professional. "Well... might help Ryu or Naoko after a hard mission. Would save Department Zero the costs of hiring a chiropractor or what-not."

She patted Sasha on the hand. "Don't be too tense, Sasha. It's alright. Perhaps your companion... can... share in your technique?" She said, her mouth now almost at the surface of the water from sliding into the water being so relaxed. Almost getting sleepy. "Oh golly... Uh... almost dosed off."

"Mental note, make sure I bring something to keep from drowning." She bashfully giggled.

If the man wasn't made of glacial ice, inside and out - he might be tormented by the sight of two naked women in a bath rubbing on one another. "No drowning in the tub, they might kick us out." He says with a wry smirk toward Kamiko, as if /that/ would be his only concern with her dying right then and there.

"So, not to rain on anyone's parade, but do either of you have a place I could stay until I get back on my feet? I'm going to need to pick up a couple odd jobs while I'm in town, so maybe I could trade something for rent?" Unlike Sasha, his offer is not seductively laden with innuendo. "I've got a lot of little talents here and there. Maybe I could fix your microwave, or computer or some such thing. I'm no genius, but I've picked up a couple things here and there in my travels." The Russian shrugs faintly, not showing any shame in asking the women for a place to stay. "If not, I'll try to figure out a crash-space. No worries."

Kamiko blushed.

"I don't live at the Hideyoshi estate like my colleague Naoko does. In fact the Estate is the de-facto headquarters of Department Zero practically... there's so few of us."

She sighed. "I have a small residence... just got it when I rejoined Department Zero... well... more inherited it, but it's a large office building that my former mentor owned... after she died she left it to me. Mostly to ensure her old case files went to the proper places and such. The cats of the neighborhood were a different concern but they've been morally and humanely dealt with."

She fidgeted with her bodysuit sitting next to the tub she was in. "There is an excess of empty space... well after I sold off all her teaching materials to other tutors in the area. But needless to say I can take a couple of people crashing there for a while, as long as air mattresses don't insult your backs. I have very little furniture and most of it is in my room and the kitchen. Just two rules. Stay out of the library I have and don't touch anything in my fridge. You can't miss it, it has a hello kitty magnet on it."

"I'll also vouch for you when any officials wish to speak to either of you. Japan is... thorough when it comes to visitors and in the man's case, someone looking to avoid a criminal organization that has a few ties here in our country."

"What do you say?"

"I'm not sure about Sasha, she looks like she might be able to sweet-talk her way into a high-rise due to those looks and voice alone." Ivan begins with a light, warm, resonant chuckle. "However, I could use any place around. I'd prefer to not sleep on the floor on a mattress, but if that is the only choice I have - I will not turn it down." He licks his lips slowly before continuing, "I've spent my share of nights on the floor, I wouldn't mind something a bit different in the coming days and months, if you know what I mean?" His conversation is directed at Kamiko, but since the two women are close - it appears as if he's speaking to them both.

Kamiko shrugged. "I guess I can arrange a cot... or convert some of the spare rooms that are now open and empty for a guest accommodation. It's amazing what one can find at IKEA these days on short notice."

She smiled, realizing that now two novas will be under her roof that her government has taken interest in. This will make her probably minding job much easier. "I guess I've never considered that not everyone likes my spartan life style."

She leans back and the sound of her back cracking is heard a little. "Alright... tomorrow I set up those arrangements, so only one night on the air bed." She said with a smile and a happy tone, as if she looked forward to the company.

"Just note from time to time Ryu may need my assistance at the manor, and I may be called away at a moment's notice. A... fair warning to you two."

"I don't require entertainment, Kamiko - but thank you for the place to stay." Ivan says with a light nod in her direction. "And your Spartan arrangements are likely more akin to what I had at home, so I think I'll find it endearing." The scarred man splashes some more water on his face, then pulls himself out of the pool to wrap a towel around his waist, moving smoothly across the decking to pour himself some icewater into a drinking glass. After taking a long sip of the cold water his entire body seems to relax, echoing the sigh that escapes his lips. "Perfection." He murmurs to himself, then pouring the entire remains of the glass over his head.

"How about clothing? Can you aid me in securing something I didn't take off homeless people?" Ivan asks Kamiko, gesturing to the dirty, holey clothing piled nearby. "I don't need a sexy powersuit, but I could something that doesn't scream "homeless"..."

Archived