Ashes of the Phoenix

AceWildcard

(This is a fan fiction. Well a loose one, but still a semi fan fiction.)

Chapter one:
Felix is staring out at the forest trying to find his way around. An dark fog, darker then the night itself, obstructs his view. He could not even see himself. He felt the cold winter winds when he should be feeling the heat of summer in the air. He knew things were off, if they were not then he either was in a coma or he was not where he was originally. Felix decides to go with the second option. He goes to recall his day as he walks around hoping to get out of the forest.
Felix day had started off normally. He got up, and went to get dress. He put on first blue jeans. Then he put on a white t-shirt. After that he put on white shocks and black boots. After he got dress he went to the mirror to comb his short dark brown hair so that it parted his way both way. His blue eyes are like that of the sky. He is an teenager who had tan white skin. He had an athletic build to him, but was a nerd at heart who loved to play video games and read books.
After eating breakfast and brushing his teeth Felix went off to go to the library. He went to take back the books he borrow and to get new ones. He does this every few weeks. As he was exploring the library he spotted an large simple leather bound book. Normally he would not had noticed it except for it's title and the fact it was in the non fiction section. It's title was Final Fantasy. He figured it was some sort of history or art book. He goes to get the book as well as a few others he wanted to read.
Felix went to the forest to get to his favorite spot to read. It was his favorite spot due to the fact it was isolated and it was deep in the forest where few people went to. It was by an small spring that had an waterfall look to it. It was an warm summer day, and the forest was vibrant and alive with life. He took an natural path he discovered to get to it. It was faster to get there, but was more harder to trespass. Yet he liked that. He felt like he was an adventurer in some fantasy story or explorer from some ancient time.
When Felix got there he was surprised to see someone there. He made a lot of noise, yet the person seemed to not even care, yet Felix could see that she noticed him. The person was sitting on a stone staring out at the area around her not caring about the area around her. She was behind Felix. Felix goes to get closer to see more of the person. When he gets closer she turns around to stare at him studying him as much as he was studying her.
She was an elegant female. She had an athletic look to her. She appeared to be the same age as he was. She had pale white skin. She had green eyes like that had the same life as the forest around her. She had long dark hair that went to her waist. She wore blue jeans and a pink long sleves shirt with brown hiking boots. To Felix she had was an lovely looking women. Her body was not very curvy, but her body had an petite beauty that attracted him to her, plus the air of mysterious also helped.
"Hello." The female softly said as she finish studying him. Yet at the same time she gets up in a defensive posture expecting trouble. "Hi, my name is Felix Browning. What is your name?" Felix asked trying to be calm and cool. He did not want a fight or want to harm her. "Name Rosa." Rosa replied quick and elegantly. "Do you have an last name?" He asked. "Maybe, but not giving it." She replied in a playful tone and smile.
Felix smiled. He liked this girl so far. She had an cunning to her elegance. "So what brings you here?" Felix asked. "I came exploring this place. I am new to town. I take it you are a native here." Rosa replied. "Yes, I was born and raised here." Felix replied. "I noticed not a lot of people go here. Why is that?" Rosa asked. “Not a lot of people come out here. Most don’t like the forest, they want it turn into some sort of developmental project. Still enough people, mostly the more powerful people in town, make sure the place is not touch by land developers. I like the place due to it's silence." Felix respond. "I never heard an forest as being silent." Rosa said. "It's more of a natural silence, being with nature and not in the city. It's the feeling of being alone and out of the reach of civilization that lets my imagination span when I read my books. It adds feeling to them." Felix said. "And I take it that you come here to read often?" Rosa asked. "Yes." Felix said. "Can I read with you?" Rosa asked.
Felix was taken back by the question. Rosa was a stranger, and he did not know her motives. Yet Felix could not deny such an simple request from a lady. He agreed to it. As I went to put his book bag down, one book fell out of it. It was the final fantasy book he had gotten earlier. Rosa went to pick it up before Felix could get it. She became curious of the book. That surprised Felix. He figured it would not be something that she would like. She wanted to read it anyway out of curiosity. It had words written in a strange languish neither Felix or Rosa had seen before. The images were of a fantastic creatures and heroes or villains. After reading it both felt tired and fell to sleep.
Felix woke up in a strange fog. He was concern for himself, but still needed to get out of the fog. It’s darkness was foreign to him. He could not afford to stay here. Animals could kill him easily in the state he was in. There were also non animals that could do that as well. Plus he wanted to know what happen to the girl.
Felix question if that was the truth. Sure he could have waited. For all he knew Rosa was silent and was waiting for the fog to pass. He calls out her name. Felix did not get a response. He wonder if she left before the fog. He checks for his wallet, which was there with money as well. So she did not rob him.
Something in him wanted to explore despite the dangers. Lot of questions filled his head and no answers came. The two most important ones were: What causes the radical change in weather? Also why was the fog so thick? These were abnormal weather events where he was at.
Then just as quickly as it came, the fog vanish. What replaced it surprised Felix, and almost killed him. An arrow almost hits him, as it hits a tree near him. He sees an battle going on. A few were humans, but many were the creatures he saw in the book he read. He wonders if he was in a dream, or if he had lost his mind. Either way, he was far from the safety of home.

Archived