City of Heroes Character Creator

Mr Fox

It's the character creator. I believe it has all parts unlocked too... Here's more.

http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,7288.0.html

If I can get this to work... Happy days have returned! :D

Addendum: Fox's link is to the last version of COH. You'll need them if you don't have a disk yourself.

Oh... and these guys have a Save COH thing going on too: http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,4882.0.html

Basically, you have to have the game for it to launch the character creator, the link I provided is to the latest update of the game. Download those files and you will have all the latest costume sets, even the ones they hadn't officially unlocked yet. On that page is also a link that you need to download to an icon.exe file which needs to be put in the COH directory that you get when you've unpacked those files. Run the icon.exe file and it will launch the character creator, and let you walk through the whole character creation process just like if the game were still alive. If you want to save the "character" just do a screen cap of it and edit with your favorite paint program. Of course there is no server to connect to so you can't actually play the game, but you can have all the character creation fun of playing around with a hero look and costuming them with all the COH/COV costume options.

I figured folks around here might like to have that for making avatars and just playing around with character looks fun.

:)

Well, I just tried it out, but it seems, you can only log into the one zone, there are no bad guys and you can't change zones or interact with anything. Which sucks really. I definitely wish it was even single player with the full game available, I'd get bored quick, but at least I'd be able to revisit the various zones of the city and thrash some bad guys when I felt like it. Although I am encouraged that so much of the game is available at all, it gives hope that it wouldn't be too difficult for them to recreate the game via an EMU server.

Whatever zone you enter on starting the new character. It sounded like from what I read that it was possible to manipulate NPCs in order to take screen shots with them and stuff. That makes me think it might be possible to manipulate your own character to put them in different zones, just don't have any idea how that would be done. I'll have to do more reading.

,, ,,

Edit: Ok, so upon reading that thread in your link, I see this:

Maps can be loaded! You can either use the F1 key or the /loadmap slash command. The map name should be specified in the same format as it is found in demorecords. The game doesn't care if the name ends in .txt or .bin, so you can use geobin/ paths too (just cut out the geobin and start the path with maps/). I'm sure helpful folks will be along shortly to post lists of all of the zones and interesting mission maps.

,, ,,
  • The previously dev-only no-clipping mode has been made available so that you can reach indoor sections of these maps (since the doors don't work). Type /nocoll 1 in the chat window to turn it on; /nocoll 0 to turn it off.

Here is a very useful link if you want to jump into the game and be able to move zones and do other stuff:

http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Titan_Icon

Yeah, same for me. I'm looking forward to putting the babies to bed tonight and wandering around the city zones just for grins. I do wish it was playable though and that you could do missions and fight bad guys as a full on single-player game.

Archived