Drowned Lights [Mature]

Heaven's Reach ST

As the captain yielded to his advances and suggestions, he listened to her speak to him about being able to see anything he liked but for the asking. A not unfavorable position to be in, depending on how much he decided to engage his baser desires. After all, he was more than capable of keeping his wits about him, his coadjutor's willingness to help with such things a definite boon. Part of him simply desired the experience. After all, Kimbery was renowned for the adoration she showed those she favored and it was clear she favored him right now. Similarly, this one held the favor of the Yozi King himself, Malfeas, so no doubt any such experience would be an exercise in dominance.

Janos half considered what exactly would happen if they were forced to come to blows while intimate. The favors of Malfeas were mighty indeed, but at the same time, it would be mere seconds before the not-defenseless Janos Tem was replaced with the Radiant Avatar of Succor. While the hellstrider was in its reduced shape, Janos was mostly reliant on his own skills if combat broke out. However, it was but a simple matter to restore the vessel to its true form. Not to mention the fact that while they were attuned (which they decidedly were) Janos still had access to the charms that the hellstrider could bring to bear. Not to the same extent as the creation itself did, but potent nonetheless.

"Biological technology, Fascinating."

Janos stepped forward, guiding her with him until her back was against the wall. He pressed his body against hers, sandwiching her between himself and the wall, his luminous crystalline eyes staring into hers. He put his hand around hers, both around the whip's coils, squeezing not with intent to harm or anything so sinister, more an invitation of force. He squeezed with the strength of a higher end human. Not quite peak capacity of the species but still, more than enough to have been able to make a living in most any field of strength-based athletics.

"I've always been interested in seeing the advances made in this field. Particularly how you interface with it. I would me most grateful if you were to take me to see it"

The verbal conversation and the physical one had decidedly different subject matter. On one hand, he was expressing an interest in her wondrous vessel. The fruits of her patrons' creative energies and the pride of any captain. At the same time, he was making it quite clear that she had his attention on a purely physical and base level. At this point, should she accept his invitation to the dance, she was accepting that there would be no asking. He was on the verge of tearing her garments off and taking her here in the hallway and it was clear, to her at least, whom he was focusing his attention, that the only reason he had not done so was to maintain propriety and the interest (whether it was his or his patron's) interest in what made her and her ship tick. After all, having a ship's lady and mistress reduced to a quivering mass of afterglow simply was not something suited for the public. There were places for that.

"Shall we?"

A loaded question if ever there was one.

Thaya shivered in regards to Janos attentions, he had taken her to the point that she was all but willing to strip at his request, and considering his earlier statements some degree of intimacy on that level was likely in their future, and she shivered slightly with thoughts to his earlier question about the whip, there were uses for it.. she pushed that thought out of her mind, if they played in that way..

"The interface is a neurological one with a demon as part of the construction, much like your.. amulet there." She responded to his question, but there was a huskiness to her voice that indicated that she was almost half seduced by him already. "The engine room is under the waters, fulled by chalnoth to grant our ship even greater power.. would you like to see it.. or perhaps a visit to the my quarters instead?"

He had her.

Janos allowed himself a smile, though what the captain saw and what she thought she saw were without question two completely different things. Janos had bent the will of more mortals than he cared to count. The Children of the Yozis were different in many aspects, but more often than not they had flaws. Exploitable cracks in the armor of their selves which, given enough time and willingness to take appropriate action, could lead to spectacular changes in even the most dedicated of Hell's Exalted. After all, it was through the application of logic and determination through the crack of his own self that had allowed him to seek his own path in service to the Yozis and at the same time in service to none. How could one serve the Yozis and yet defy them at the same time? With the understanding of law, circumvention, and and understanding of the legalese codex that was the universe's law, anything is possible.

"Your quarters, you say?" Janos held his hand on the whip, running his other hand up her side, brushing the side of her breast through her bodice, running a hand lightly up the side of her neck, a perfectly sculpted thumb pressing lightly on her lips. His other four fingers combing through her hair.

"And what would I learn about the inner workings of the ship there?"

He paused a moment, enjoying the contact for a precious couple of seconds before acting. Grabbing her hair and wrenching on it, his Mind Hand coming up between her legs to lift her off her feet. Using an iron grip on her hair to hold her head in place, Janos leaned in, brushing her ear with his lips and whispering. "Are you trying to seduce me, Captain?"

A slight gasp came from the Captain in response to his actions, though it wasn't quite certain if it was a pleased one or not, at least not until she spoke up in reply to his actions. "The question, would be, my handsome guest, is who is trying to seduce who, but if you had any questions about my desires." She leaned forward and kissed him, it was an aggressive and passionate kiss, though she would back off if he pushed her back, otherwise she would enjoy the kiss.

"Take what you desire, or not.. if your innuendo up until now was nothing but foolish play.." Her hand came to the whip at her side and reached out to grasp his hand in hers, wrapping both of them around the whip. "Make of this what you will, if that is your desire.. if you have the courage.. and the will to take the lead."

And he had her.

Enjoying Thaya's passionate kiss, he responded in all the correct ways. Something that he had learned from regular interactions with neomah, the incarnations of lust and desire, was that there was a distinct science even to lust and intimacy. It was one of the earliest things the neomah had taught him: how to read reactions, judge responses, pick up on the slightest biological cues that any physical body displayed, regardless of whether it belonged to a mortal or Exalted. Thaya's body, to one who was attuned to such things, was screaming for him and she wasn't even trying to hide it. So much the better.

When the kiss ended, she had wrapped his hand and hers in the whip.

"Courage has nothing to do with it, Captain."

The Mind Hand between her legs shifted slightly. No less capable of holding her up, more spreading a sensation other than simple lifting force. A nearly electrical tingling sensation like none that the world had seen since the shattering of the three spheres was sent through her most intimate area, sending shivers up and down her body.

"I have every intention of taking what I desire, do not worry yourself with that. What I would instead worry about is how quickly you can get to your chambers and still maintain propriety."

The invisible force slipped into her briefly, ironically the 'armor' that she was wearing concealing any outside evidence that something was going on, though her body cried out to the point that she would have to exert a fair amount of control not to simply lose herself in the sensations. Meanwhile, he moved his head around hers, taking in her scent, brushing her skin lightly with his lips as he spoke.

"I know you want me, Thaya. And I am prepared to oblige. I am prepared to take you in every way you can imagine"

He brought his face in line with hers and kissed her lightly on the lips, not so much a tease more a promise of wishes fulfilled that were at present, not.

"But I will make you work for it"

• 2 weeks later...

Wrapping her arms around Janos neck, she leaned forward to kiss him, then stopped as several crew members ran up to her, looking rather worried and disturbed..

"Captain..urk"

With incredible speed and grace her whip had lashed out and around the crewman's neck, cutting off his breathing.. "What did I say about interrupting me?!?"

One of the other crewmembers, a woman standing a bit further back spoke up. "Not too, except in certain circumstances, a Imperial ship has entered the system."

"An imperial ship.. here? This is a bit far from their empire." She turned toward Janos. "This could turn into a fight, and I would love to continue our discussion, but, the empire doesn't come out this far without good reason.."

Heavens take the Empire and their complete lack of communication. Had Captain Hawkins not been the only one assigned to this task? It seemed more than a little counterproductive to send multiple teams after the same mission and not inform both parties. Typical mortal planning. There was a reason that the Stellar Intelligences had been created. The mortals needed someone to think for them. The imperfection of the human mind was something that quite often left Janos wondering how it was the species had survived as long as it had. He then of course remembered the guiding hand of the Exalted and it all made a certain amount of sense.

Fortunately though, the Empire's arrival had come at a point in Janos's plan that he would be able to move forward.

"Discussion, captain? Who said anything about having a discussion?"

The force that was toying with her nether regions entered her fully, the mixed sensations of cold and heat combined with the tingling sensation of electricity and a degree of physical force and pressure that could easily be mistaken for something far more personal and biological. Easily a match for any man and, excepting the Lunars, most Exalted.

"You have other things to concern yourself with. Allow me to worry about the Empire, at least for the now"

As the Mind Hand did its work, pushing inside her, then relenting for a second before pushing again, slightly deeper each time, he turned his attention to the crewmen.

"Now. I'm going to assume that the group of you here did not interrupt your Captain's discussion, much less my own, to simply say that you had spotted a ship that broadcast the Empire's signals. What type of ship is it? What armaments does it have? Is it manned? Are there Exalted onboard? Is it a ship of particular note or a simple ore miner?"

Janos narrowed his eyes at one of them, whichever one seemed most attentive to what their captain was doing.

"I suggest making with answers or making yourselves scarce until you have some"

Thaya gasped at his increased attentions then tightened her arms around his neck once more, keep herself from falling, she couldn't quite think straight with what he was doing, without even touching her, and it took her all of her gathered will to stand up straight again, turning to face the crew once more, though she was trembling as she did, and she drew herself up, her eyes flashed green. "Be gone until they do something of interest, and even then, only seek me out if you absolutely need my direction.. the First Mate should be able to take care of anything short of us being attacked... any who remain here in the next three seconds will face my full wrath.." The crew fled at her command, and then she turned to Janos and practically fell to her knees, as the observers were now gone and she felt no need to guard her dignity.

"By all the Yozis, what are you doing to me?" Her words were husky with need and desire.. "I can't..." She stumbled to her feet once more.. "My quarters.. this way.." Depending on what his actions were over the next few minutes, she would get them to her personal quarters, and they would enter a single room that was split into a bedroom and office room by a semi-tranparent curtain between them, several weapons and paintings were on the walls, a few items that glowed to his sight, like a metal collar that seemed to be made from all 5 magical materials, a jade dire lance.. the floor was covering in a green carpet.. and Thaya began to strip off her clothing as soon as the door closed behind them.

As the Infernal captain disrobed, Janos simply stood by the door, closing it behind him and locking it. His Mind Hand's ministrations relaxed while she disrobed, pieces of clothing being tossed and dropped in various locations. He would not deny that she was a sight. Not an uncommon trait among the Chosen, save the servants of the Tomb-Stars, who tended to split the difference fairly evenly.

"Very well, Captain Thaya, you have me in your room, as you have wanted since I first set foot on this vessel. And here you are, your body screaming for me. I ask you now. What now? Will you pleasure yourself in your plush bed while the object of your fantasies watches approvingly? I doubt it. "You will find yourself the subject of my attentions, you will experience sensations and witness things that have not been since our Yozi patrons were locked away. At least you will if you earn such things"

Janos very smoothly, precisely, delicately, reached up to his collar and pushed it out to the side over one shoulder, then over the other. The top of his outfit falling around his torso, his immaculate flesh exposed from the waist up. His own waist belt held the rest of the robe in place.

"For now you have earned this. I believe you will earn the rest shortly enough, but the question now is how."

His Mind Hand reached out and plucked the collar from the shelf, spiriting it to him with a trail of translucent essence.

"You could use this, and I would have no choice but to bend to your will, but..."

Janos gave her a look, a silent, half incredulous 'Really? Really?'.

"You won't. That would be beneath one off your station. You want to see yourself as I see you, which is a creature of passion that doesn't need such pitiful toys to accomplish her goals."

The Mind's Hand tossed the collar across the room, sending it rolling across the floor into the corner.

"Show me that you are willing to do what I desire, and I will make your every dream come true"

She glanced at the collar and smiled slightly. "I had no intention of using that on you, once you proved to be a fellow warlock." She moved in his direction and put her arms around his shoulders again, to kiss him once more. "I thought to see a fight or a battle initially, but your arrival was a surprise, and you have taken matters in an entirely different direction, a much more... interesting direction."

She stepped back from his hands and ran her hands down her body, and smiled. "I'm yours for the taking, for the next few hours, Janos, take what you desire..."

Hours Later...

Janos closed his eyes as the Captain's shower did its work, water at a temperature that a lesser individual would find scalding washing over his body and burning the dirt away. It had been some time since he had been able to take advantage of a decent shower. Certainly there were facilities that covered all the practical aspects of the task onboard the Voidswimmer but the Star Marshals were not known for their decadence. Infernal ship captains were nearly legendary for it, and Captain Thaya's washroom proved it quite adroitly. Well, to be perfectly fair, what was Captain Thaya's washroom.

She had proven quite resilient in her own way. Her pride took some work, but like all fortresses, there was a crack and once found, that crack was easily exploited. Perhaps it was the focus on devotion and fickle affection that Kimbery was known for, but Thaya's weakness was that she was hollow. It is part of Kimbery's nature that she is absolutely devoted to something and disdains those who threaten to harm that which she cares for. Thaya's very Exaltation had been twisted in such a way that not only did she she have such a capacity for connection, she craved it. She required it. Once Janos discovered this fact, it was a simple matter to capitalize on it and become that thing. Janos turned the water off and with a flick of his mind flash-evaporated the water from his body, stepping out into the room dry. Naked still, save for his amulet, but dry.

Janos looked over at the sleeping captain wrapped in a silken sheet probably worth the five times the combined annual salaries of the Voidswimmer's crew. Were it not for the slow movement of the covers up and down as she breathed, he could almost confuse her for the dead. That would be inconvenient, Such effort and energy being wasted would just not do. He noted a bit of red scoring around her wrist, one arm out over the rest of the sheet as if to hold it in place. He remembered that. Her whip had been fashioned into an impromptu set of restraints, wrapped around her wrists and her waist in such a way as to secure them to her lower back while giving Janos the means with which to direct her. He had not been gentle in securing her wrists and had, quite intentionally, lashed her wrists together very tightly. The redness would fade, but the memory would not.

He had not only been cruel to her, such would have been counterproductive to his purposes. He had also taken the time to care for her in a way that he imagined none had before. After a time of being wrenched around and directed, her pride being submerged and her inner servant being brought to the forefront, she was rewarded. The three shattered spheres of the Principle of Hierarchy, as well as the basic principles of creation and destruction that made up the bulk of his telekinetic capability meant that as far as sensation was concerned, the only limit was ones own imagination. Once he had learned what sensations pleased this Captain, he knew he owned her. Positive reinforcement for devotion and following instructions with sensations that could only be provided by one very skilled in the arts of the Principle of Hierarchy. He did have to provide negative reinforcement from time to time as well, as any who would train a living being would eventually have to, but between the other efforts being taken and the imagination that came with Mad Genius such as his, such lessons became more and more infrequent as the time went on.

He remembered one time just before her will broke that she had all but had enough. She had realized that she had been but a servant to Janos Tem. She, Thaya, who would become the most dreaded and feared Star Pirate the galaxy had ever seen, was being toyed with and wrapped around the little finger of Janos Tem, a stranger on her ship. Reaching for the Dire Lance, she realized that she would not be free of his spell unless he was not able to work his magic on her. Admittedly, Janos could have deflected the shot, and were he not absolutely dedicated to his task, he would have. Particularly if she were attuned to the weapon. Whether or not Jade is the least of the magical materials, an artifact is an artifact. Fortunately, by the time she reached this point, she was focused on other things than the attunement.

She had driven the spear into his stomach as he approached her. It had been quite painful, but by that time between her exhaustion and the deflection of his Mind Hand, it was not enough to finish him with one strike. His response was to smile and continue walking towards her. It had been an act of will to do so without flinching, but it was a necessary action. Pushing the spear the rest of the way through, he pulled it out his back. Simultaneously, as she watched, the wound closed. At that point, she finally broke. She had met her match, regardless of the disparity in their Essences. He had caressed her face gently afterwards, kissing her forehead. He told her that even with her betrayal, he knew that it was not a whole hearted one and that she would never raise a hand against him again. He then told her that as much as it pained him to do so, he would be forced to discipline her.

She then received the thrashing of her life, being beaten with every force natural and unnatural imaginable until she was unconscious. The captain, for her part, being absolutely drained of will and energy, took it. Part of Janos could see that she actually adored the attention and some part of her believed that she had deserved it. She would eventually fall unconscious from the continued onslaught and she had not arisen yet. Janos had since healed as the Principle of Hierarchy would tolerate no marring of the flesh of her Chosen. As he sat on the bed beside her, she began to stir, her Exalted metabolism having largely healed her of the damage done. The physical damage, at least. The psychological changes would be long lasting and permanent without a profound amount of opportunity and exertion of effort. She was now his, if not in soul, then in mind and body. The Yozis themselves still claimed her Exaltation and when she inevitably died, her Essence would be drawn back on its line into Malfeas. In the meantime though, he owned her.

"Are you ready to serve, Captain?"

The physical, social and mental trials that Thaya had gone though, enhanced as they were by Janos inventive uses of his charms and the heartstone he that was using had drained the Captain's will completely, for the moment, she was malleable to his desires. Of course, he had used natural methods and less then natural methods to enhance what was essentially an attempt to brainwash the woman. At the moment, what he did would linger for months, perhaps even years, but it would take reinforcement to make it them permanent, but much of what he desired was firm in place, the one thing that he wouldn't be able to alter were some of the changes the Yozi's had placed in her, but pretty much everything else was something he could bend now.

Certain charms and magics of the Ravagers caused permanent changes to the point that they believed those they cared for beyond reproach and their enemies as beyond redemption, Janos had recognized these and used his own magics to find the kink in her armor, that she had formed no opinion of him at all, so he was able to manipulate that to his benefit, draining her will to the point he could shape her further opinion of him.

"What would you seek of me, my Lord?" Thaya let the sheets that had her partly covered slide off and bare her body to his gaze, it was deliberate, in her mind he was now the dominant of the two of them, his desires were paramount. "If you ask it of me, I will give up my command, and swear myself to your service, I am sure that a being with your power and influence would be more worthy of my service then lesser mortals."

Janos allowed himself a small smile.

"I do not require you to give up your command. These mortals, demonblooded as they are, are my gift to you"

Janos stepped towards her and slowly walked a precise half circle around her, pausing directly in front of her, then to the side, and again behind her.

"They are yours to discipline and direct. Remember though, as is the way of things, although they are yours, you are mine and as such when I give an instruction it is to be followed without being questioned. Clarification is fine, but I will not stand for disobedience."

Janos pulled her back into him, pressing against her back and running his hands over her body.

"As far as this is concerned, you are a creature of passion, I know this. You are free to have your way with whomever takes your interest. If they are among your ship's crew or among my demonic host, take them at your leisure."

Janos drew his hand down between her legs and pressed, sending shivers through her body.

"This, however, is mine. You may pleasure yourself whenever and however you desire, but this is to be denied to all demons, gods, ghosts and men except myself and those I grant the privilege to. I, however, am not to be denied. Should I wish it, you will open yourself, whether it is for myself or one I choose. Serve me well, and you will know pleasures and gifts beyond your imagination, elevated to the station you would so richly deserve. Serve me poorly, and for your incompetence you will be given to the rank and file like a common whore. As before, I will stand for no disobedience."

As he spoke, he ran his Mind's Hand over her body. As he spoke of great and wondrous things, the sensations that had brought her such ecstasy and delight earlier were echoed across her body. And as he spoke of the price of failure, the feeling was cold and sharp. Not enough to break skin, but certainly unpleasant.

"Now..."

He took a step back and delivered a loud, stinging slap to her rear. The pain and pleasure combined washing over her.

"Get dressed and make your way to the bridge. Your crew needs to meet their master's master and I want to know about this Imperial ship and whatever else is out there. There is work to be done and not much time to do it in."

Thaya followed his instructions and accepted his worlds without the slightest complaint, as she got dressed, though she did so in a manner allowed her to show off a bit for him, enjoying herself a bit even as she submitted to his will. Once she was dressed, she walked out of the room, opening the door for him and going in front of him, it seemed similar to how she was when she was showing him around earlier, but there was a slight difference this time, the way she carried herself and watched him was more, yielding.

Arriving at the Bridge, she immediately went to the captain's chair and pressed a button, pulling out a speaker that reached the entire ship. "Now here this, we are now sworn to the service of Lord Janos Tem, as his vision for the galaxy serves the will of the great ones in deeper ways then my own, anyone who disagrees with this decision openly will be allowed to leave the crew at our next stop.. anyone who fights this command, does so at risk to body and soul, for I will accept no traitors to my will or our new Liege."

Once she is finished, she glares around at the members of the command crew. "Anyone wish to leave now? This is your only chance to do so unscathed by my wrath." With a look at her, there was a shaking of heads, and then she turned to the view screen.

"Good, now, put up the empire ship on display, I want to see what it's doing."

Archived