Aberrant: Mutant High - [Fic] Thurd Weal [Mature, Complete]

z-The Morrigan

“Why take ice cream?”

Eileen glanced up at Morri’s question, blinking at the shrewd look in the girl’s red eyes. “What?” Eileen asked, stirring her half-melted ice cream in the little wax paper bowl.

“Ilean only take Morri ice cream when big talk.” The semi-feral mutant still had that shrewd gaze in her vermillion eyes, even when she took a large and undignified bite of her heaped ice cream, chocolate sauce and M&M bits. “In-poor-ant talk.”

Eileen glanced around the small ice cream parlor with a little smile, proud that Morri had made that connection. The place was almost empty right now, which was why Eileen had chosen it. If Morri became upset, there were fewer people to hurt. Eileen was confident in her ability to control the unpredictable mutant but just in case, it never hurt to look ahead and minimize collateral damage and injuries. Plus the owner was pro-mutant and aware of the situation, and Morri had a massive amount of ice cream to focus on, so Eileen had done everything possible to keep the situation in hand, if it became a situation at all.

Swallowing nervously, Eileen turned her attention back to Morri. “Yes, I had something to speak with you about, hon. It’s about Sonja and Alex.” Morri’s face lit up at the mention of her friends and Eileen blinked at the deep emotion that rose in the girl. The love that surged up in Morri had been there, but it had spiked at the mention of her friends. Eileen knew that feeling and knew it well - she’d seen plenty of students develop crushes. That’s... unfortunate that she has a crush on anyone, much less Alex. Morri’s not ready for a relationship. And he’s a nice boy, but she is definitely not his type. This talk couldn’t have come sooner. Feeling the need to establish as baseline, Eileen asked, “You’re happy they’re dating, right?”

Morri all-but glowed as she bubbled, “Yes! Sonex cute! Kia agree! Morri happy for Sonex!”

“Yes, it’s good for both of them.” Alex had recovered well from his first dating experience, Eileen thought, and she was glad that Sonja was finding someone, too. Sonja’s size issues were not like most girls’ size issues, but they were no less real. “I’m glad you’re happy for them. And I know that you want the best for them, right? You want to help them?” Morri shook her head hard enough to dislodge a few of the crushed toppings. As the feral picked them off the table and popped them into her mouth, Eileen opened the topic of conversation. “Then I wanted to talk about the best thing you can do to help them: not being a third wheel.”

“Morri not do!” The feral blinked a moment and asked in a calmer voice, “What thurd weal?”

“That’s when someone is always around a couple all time, and doesn’t give them time to be a couple.” Eileen watched intently, waiting for the moment that love stopped being the dominant emotion and was replaced by confusion. “New couples need time to get to know each other, as a couple, without other people around.”

The tip of the cone thumped to the table as Morri’s arm dropped to the surface, dislodging a more candy crumbles and cracking the base of the cone. Her confusion was fading; fear was rising in its stead. “Morri...” Her lips actually trembled and Eileen thought she saw the first hints of tears. “No see Sonex?” Her voice cracked on the last name.

Alarmed at the distress but relieved that Morri’s emotions were swinging this way instead of to violence, Eileen snatched up napkins and wiggled them under the compromised waffle cone. “You can still see them, Morri, and they’re going to want to see you and hang out together. But I know you spend a lot of time with them, and I want you to understand that you need to spend less time with them, not no time.”

The feral still looked shattered. “Sonja... Alex... no want Morri around?”

“Oh, no! No, no, honey... that’s not what this is about!” Eileen sighed as she wondered how Morri could have taken this so wrong. Reminding herself to be patient due to Morri’s background, she clarified, “Neither Alex nor Sonja has said anything about this. I’m telling you because I know you’re trying to learn appropriate social behavior. And in this case, the way you can be a good friend is to give them time alone. This isn’t something they’ve asked for. This is something you can do for them.”

As Eileen sat back and felt Morri’s fear ebb, she reflected that it was best that Morri get some close ties to other people, particularly if she had a crush on Alex. It was odd that Morri didn’t seem to be jealous of Sonja, but Eileen was sure that would come eventually. Does Morri even realize what she’s feeling for the young man? Helping Morri understand that couples had to be couples would save everyone some heartbreak, Morri most of all. Eileen gave her another moment to think. “Do you understand what I’m saying?”

“What good less time?” Morri’s expression was sorrowful, and Eileen flinched at the bleak sadness in Morri.

“The best way to know is read their body language. You are comfortable with that, right?” Eileen gave her a smile which Morri didn’t return. “What you’ll be looking for is whether they’re happy to see you, or uncomfortable. Signs of discomfort might mean that they don’t want you around but don’t want to hurt your feelings by saying so. If they’re in a public place, that’s a good sign they’re just hanging out. And let them invite you places with them, don’t assume you can go.”

“Inn-bite?” Morri asked sadly. Her ice cream was ignored, melting slowly.

Eileen sighed and rose to her feet, moving to the counter. The girl behind the counter gave her a to-go cup, and Eileen went back to Morri and transferred the cone to the bowl. “In-vite, sweetie. You know what that is, when someone asks you to do something with them, instead of just going with them without being asked. Does that make sense?”

“Morri get in-vites.” The feral’s expression hovered somewhere between sullen and forlorn.

“I know you do! I hear others saying what a good friend you are all the time.” Eileen slid into the booth next to Morri and put her arm around her shoulders. “All I was doing was telling you everything, so you know what to look for and can keep being a good friend.” Worried, she studied her for a moment, brushing the girl’s hair back from her eyes. “Do you understand?”

Slowly, Morri nodded, but her sad expression didn’t change.

“This is a good thing. For them and for you.” Eileen kept up the smile, even when Morri gave her a doubtful look. That was troubling; she’d never had Morri even consider questioning her, but there was no doubt that Morri didn’t believe her. “They get to become a couple together, and you get to make new friends.”

“No want new friends.” Resentment flooded Eileen’s senses as Morri expression became petulant. “Want Sonja and Alex!

“I know you feel that way now. It’ll be all right. Morri, look at me.” The Morrigan glared at her as Eileen tipped her face up with a gentle touch on her chin. “I know this seems so strange to you, and scary. But I can promise you two things. First, you’re not going to lose your friends. Second, things are changing, but in the end, it will be good changes I know it doesn’t seem that way, but this will make Sonja and Alex happy, and that’s what you want, right?”

Sorrow crept in again as Morri slumped a little and nodded. She didn’t understand yet, not really. But Eileen knew that she would, in time.

Back at campus, Morri made a show of going to her room. Eileen walked with her, and gave her a hug when she got there. But once her mentor had left her alone, Morri went right out her window. She couldn’t stay in her room another moment.
The forest called her, the solitude offering a place where she could hide and think. Morri hadn’t understood that being a couple was so demanding. For one moment, she tried to get angry at Sonja and Alex for getting In Love and leaving her without getting In Love. But she couldn’t - this was Sonja and Alex, and this would make them happy. So she did her best to swallow her own pain and slipped away to find a way to deal with it, in her own head.
Morri ranged out far into the wilderness, seeking to get away from campus. The buildings and grounds, despite being home and somewhat spacious, tonight felt small and confining. Unlike the other times she’d considered running away, she had every intention of coming back. But the thought of seeing Sonja or Alex or Sonex was too much for her at the moment. The thought that they didn’t want to share something with her cut her to the core. Some part of her wanted to find them and have them tell her that her mentor was wrong. Yet Eileen had never steered her wrong before and Morri didn’t think she was doing so now.
The forest was still and silent. Normally this would be a balm to her wild soul, but the sorrow inside was too much to be fixed by a mere walk. The young feral had rarely felt so conflicted; when she had in the past, the proper course had been clear, even if she’d not taken it. But now, she didn’t want to see Sonja or Alex; she wanted to see them with all her heart. So she kept walking, caught between her desires and what her guardian told her was right.
The trees stopped providing their thick canopy when she came to the road. It had always been a barrier before, but now it seemed to be an inky path to freedom. Morri knew where the nearest town was, and she had a few dollars in her pocket. It would be enough to get a sandwich; she hadn’t finished her ice cream and was feeling a bit hungry. It was also something to do that took her from school.
Morri turned and walked up the road, choosing to take the path away from the school. Moping as only a teenager could, the mutant set a slow pace, her red eyes on the road. When she heard a car, she pulled the hood of her jacket up and turned her head, hiding her eyes. She continued to do that, until she realized that the fourth car had stopped. Cautiously, she peered at the car, quickly recognizing it.
“So,” Oneca said from the passenger side window as Morri caught up to the vehicle, “where are you going?”
“Town. Food.” That was taciturn, even for Morri, and her misery was painted on her face.
“Aww. You look like someone killed your puppy. What’s wrong, Morri?” The empathy came from the driver, a slim girl with no hair. Many girls would be wearing a wig, but Sabrina preferred to play up her alienness. Fake tattoos swirled around her skull and face, the black and red lines criss-crossing her features in morbid, beautiful patterns. She wore a simple black corset and black skirt so that her clothes wouldn’t upstage her makeup.
“Sonex,” Morri said truthfully.
“Yeah, they’re disgusting me, too.” Oneca rolled her eyes. “They’re so sappy around one another. It’s like they’re trying to meld into one mass. But then Sonja’s head will be high above Alex’s, putting his right here.” Oneca held her hands at chest level. “It’ll look like she has three boobs, and one with a big smile, since Alex won’t mind, I’m sure.”
“C’mon, get in,” Sabrina said, the locks on the doors popping open. “We’ll give you a ride.”
After a moment, Morri got into the back, slumping down in her seat. Moodily, she stared out the window, her eyes unfocused as the trees started to blur past. “Soooo,” Oneca said, “what did Ken and Barbie do to fall out of your good graces?”
Morri sighed. “Morri thurd weal.”
“Ah yes, they have gotten together, so now you’re on the outside, watching them be gross.” Oneca peered over her shoulder at her. “That’s nothing to be upset about, trust me.” The hypocrisy of her statement passed by her; she’d been just as gross with Warren. Seeing that her words had no effect on Morri, she said, “Sabrina and I are going to Dante’s, and now we’re taking you with us.”
“We are? I mean, we’re taking her?” Sabrina asked, blinking at Oneca.
“Yes. I will not anyone be a sad sack over my sister and her talking nightlight-vibrator.” The beautiful Goth nodded emphatically. “So consider yourself kidnapped.”
Morri tensed a little. “Oneca drug Morri?”
Oneca snickered, missing the point of the question. “Only if you ask nicely.”

“I have some of Valentina’s clothing in the car.” Sabrina killed the engine as she spoke, glancing at Oneca.
“Good point. Morri, you cannot go into Dante’s wearing that.” Oneca moved around to the trunk as Sabrina popped it open.
“Who Val... Val-in-tee-nah?”
“My roommate,” Sabrina said cheerfully. “She a shapeshifter but she leaks fluids from her skin when she changes, so I carry extra clothing in the car for her. You’re about her size, thankfully.”
Morri gazed at her tennis shoes, jeans, long-sleeved shirt and hoodie. “What wrong Morri wear?”
“What’s wrong is it looks like a grandmother dressed you.” Oneca gathered some clothing and ordered, “Strip.”
Morri hesitated a moment; not out of modesty but from a gut feeling that she shouldn’t listen to Oneca. Sonja had told her that much. But an image of Alex and Sonja together blazed across her mind and some ornery urge prompted her to disrobe. Someone wolf-whistled as Morri stripped down to her bra and underwear. Sabrina flipped the whistler off, while Oneca helped the feral mutant shimmy into the leather pants and slip on the red silk camisole, which was short enough that a narrow sliver of Morri’s belly showed. A pair of strappy sandals completed the look. “Take off your bra, it’s showing.” Morri did so, her skin goose-pimpling in the cold. “A little plain,” Oneca assessed, grinning, “but still hot.”
“Definitely hot.” Sabrina agreed as she dropped Morri’s clothing into the trunk.
The three women headed for the door. As they drew close, Oneca drew up the hood of her cloak, making an attempt to hide from those who might remember her from her last visit. The bouncer took a look as they approached, then second and a third. “Ladies,” he purred, taking the fake ids handed to him. He gave them a casual look and passed them back. “Welcome to Dante’s.”
Beyond the door, Morri froze for a second, prepared to flee. The sounds of music assaulted her senses, while the mass of a Saturday-night crowd seemed a threat to her safety. But there were people dancing, and Oneca and Sabrina were not afraid. It was the dance floor that drew Morri in, that and Oneca coming back and grabbing her hand. “Don’t rabbit on me!” Oneca shouted over the music. Sabrina laughed and took Morri’s other hand and together the two pale beauties pull their darker companion onto the dance floor.
In the midst of the gyrating bodies, the pounding music and flashing lights spurred a flight instinct; then Oneca slipped close to her. Morri’s eyes widened in surprise as the girl planted her hands on Morri’s hips and drew her close. “Relax,” Oneca advised as her body started to move, drawing Morri into the dance with her.
“And have fun.” Sabrina was behind Morri and her hands snaked around Morri’s shoulders, drawing her upper body back. The dexterous feral complied, feeling the stiff edges of Sabrina’s corset push into her back while Oneca slipped a knee between her legs and started a sensual sway. Morri was startled by this dance, but it wasn’t that different than the way she and Kazuo had danced on the night of the party. But that memory was heavily tangled with thoughts of Sonja, and Morri pushed them away.
The feral lost herself in the dance - being touched and welcomed by the two girls, even girls she didn’t know well, was a balm to her hurt ego. In her heart, she would have preferred to dance like this with Alex and Sonja. But she couldn’t enjoy that, because they were a couple. So she threw herself into enjoying the time with Sabrina and Oneca. Sabrina’s hands were more adventurous than Oneca’s, trailing over the silken red top that covered Morri’s chest. Oneca seemed content to watch for now, keeping her pelvis moving lightly against Morri’s and moving her hands over her ass and thighs. After a while, Sabrina slipped behind Oneca, and treated her to the same ministrations that she’d given Morri.
When Sabrina’s fingers became brave enough to close over Morri’s breasts, the feral jerked in surprise at the sensations that coursed through her body. She turned to Sabrina, her red eyes wide, but the bald mutant just pressed herself to Morri. “Relax...” she whispered in Morri’s ear, her fingers teasingly slipping under the hem of the short chemise to caress skin.
Morri felt electric from the touches and the dancing and the music. A shy smile crossed her face as she touched Sabrina in return, her fingers playing over the top edge of the corset, brushing silky skin and cloth both. “Like that!” Sabrina agreed, and the three girls lost themselves in a sensual dance, their light touches playful and exciting.
“May I steal one of you for a dance?” The three girls paused to assess the woman who had interrupted them. She was tall, not nearly as tall as Sonja, but where the campus’s Barbie look-a-like was all curves and voluminous beauty, this woman was slim and delicate. She wore a simple flowing dress of a pale color that seemed to glow in the club. Her pale blue hair floated around her like it was in water and her eyes shone like the moon reflected on the ocean. Those eyes were on Morri.
“Yes, you can,” Oneca pushed the teen mutant toward the older woman.
Morri glanced nervously back at her schoolmates, but they weren’t concerned. Oneca wasn’t a close friend, but Morri knew that she wouldn’t let Morri get really hurt. She might say mean things about her, but Oneca wasn’t heartless. The blue woman offered her a hand; when Morri took it, the woman drew her into her arms. “What’s your name?” she asked, her voice shouting over the music.
“Morri! You name?”
The oddity of Morri’s speech patterns were lost in the music, and so her new partner failed to catch them. “Anais.” That was the end of the conversation as they gave themselves over to the dance and the music. Like Oneca and Sabrina, Anais was more than happy to touch her and Morri was happy to be the center of attention. This must be what it felt like when Sonja and Alex had Seen one another, like in the movies when Love started. But where the other two students had been more playful with their gestures, Anais’s hands and body was more serious and intent. Morri’s excitement deepened at the strokes over her flushed flesh, leaving her trembling with some deep need. The feral mirrored the blue woman’s touches on her, driven by urges she didn’t understand. She needed something and sensed that Anais could fulfill it.
It took her by surprise when Anais kissed her. The touch of her lips was an electric shock that vibrated through her body. Based on the discussions she’d overheard from her classmates, Morri was expecting this first kiss to be brief, but Anais was no novice. Her lips seared Morri’s skin, igniting a fire that left the mutant reeling. Had the kiss been brief, she might have been able to recover quickly, but Anais was merciless and her tongue parted Morri’s lips to tangled delightfully with her tongue. The only source of stability for Morri was the woman making her dizzy, and so the mutant clung to the blue woman. Her distress was clear, though; Morri’s body no longer swayed quite so gracefully against Anais’s.
The kiss ended, but only so that Anais could kiss her neck. Her hands lingered on Morri’s ass, squeezing and pulling her closer. One hand stayed on her ass and guided her to straddle Anais’s leg; the other passed over Morri’s breasts, exploring through the silken top. Anais pressed her thigh against Morri’s groin and, with long experience, ground against Morri. Shivering at the feelings surging in her untried body, Morri imitated what Sabrina was doing to her. Her dark fingers closed over Anais’s small breasts, drawing a delighted purr from the older woman. In return, Anais edged her hand up under Morri’s chemise, leaving trails of pleasure over skin. When her thumb and finger closed around a peaked nipple, Morri cried out at the sensation.
Anais looked pleased as she expertly stimulated the smaller feral in her grasp; Morri was lost in the welter of sensations coursing through her. The pleasure rose and rose, leaving her gasping; Anais kissed her neck lightly as she pinched and teased her nipples and rubbed against Morri. The ecstasy rose higher and higher, until Anais bit the teen’s neck. It wasn’t a hard bite, but the feel of teeth scoring her skin released a spike of pure pleasure. The bliss started in between her legs but rapidly spread to every inch of her skin and Morri swore she left her body for a second. Blinking, she stared up at Anais, startled. “What... that?”
Anais paused, some of the delight leaving her expression. Gently, she drew her off the dance floor and over to a quieter corner. “Morri... you’ve never had an orgasm before?” Morri shook her head, not even sure what that was. Anais cupped her chin to turn the feral’s face into the light, frowning at what she saw. “How old are you?”
“No know.” Morri wasn’t sure what was amiss, but Anais was clearly upset about something. “What wrong?”
“What’s wrong is that New York state has an age of consent of seventeen.” Anais gently brushed a few loose hairs back from Morri’s face. “Are you younger than that?”
“Probably.” Oneca’s voice was not hostile, but it wasn’t exactly friendly, either. “No one knows - Morri has amnesia. But if you ask her guardian, I’m sure she’ll tell you she’s underage and to back off.” Oneca smirked. “She’s the uptight type.”
“I see.” Anais sighed, her expression woeful. “That is... a shame.” Her fingers brushed over Morri’s cheek. “Do come and see me again, when you are not jailbait?”
Morri turned her face into the hand. “What jailbait?”
“I’ll explain.” Sabrina took her arm and pulled her away. Morri looked back at the blue woman who had given her such pleasure, giving her a little wave. Anais smiled sadly and waved in return, then turned and disappeared into the crowd.
“What jailbait?” Morri persisted, wondering what she’d done wrong.
“Jailbait is when someone is too young to legally have sex, instead of getting to choose when they’re old enough for themselves.” Oneca’s answer prompted more questions from Morri, but the feral didn’t ask them. She would ask Sonja or Alex, later.
If they would let her be around them when she was thinking about it, anyway.

Someone had recognized Oneca shortly after that, and so the three girls had been escorted out of the building. Oneca was pouting over being kicked out, sulking in the back seat of the car. Morri was riding next to Sabrina. Oneca’s refusal to talk about anything other than how unfair their expulsion was clearly boring Sabrina, and she turned her attention to Morri. “So, did you have fun?”
Morri nodded. “Anais fun.”
Sabrina laughed, a throaty, husky sound that made Morri look at her. For the first time, she noticed that Sabrina had full lips. Morri wondered how it would feel to kiss them but she also found that she was far more curious about someone else’s lips--lips that right now were claimed by another. Why were Sonja’s lips the ones she wanted to try next? She’d enjoyed what she had done with the blue woman. But even more than Anais, Morri wanted to try everything she’d done tonight with Sonja. “So, you like the ladies, yes?”
Morri sensed that the question meant more than she thought it did; it was often the case that a question from her peers asked more than it seemed to ask. Still, she nodded; she liked many ladies, some of them more than others.
“That’s cool,” Sabrina said, her voice coy. “If you ever want to practice... you know... stuff, I’d be willing to help.”
Morri paused, her mind working to discern exactly what Sabrina was offering. “Dating?”
“She means fucking.” Oneca’s voice from the back seat surprised them both. “You remember, Morri?”
“Morri re-mem-bur.” Morri glanced at Sabrina, studying her features. “Morri no want fuk-hing Sah-bri-nha.”
“Burn!” Oneca giggled, temporarily pulled out of her moodiness.
“I’m not offended.” Sabrina did sound huffy. “It was only an offer.” Morri thought she was lying and was angered by Morri’s refusal. Abruptly, the bald mutant pulled the car over to the side of the road. “You need to get out here, Morri. We had permission to leave campus, you didn’t. So you need to go back in the way you came.”
Oneca hesitated. “You’ll be all right, right Morri?”
“Woods good place.” Morri smiled as she got out of the car, pleased to be away from the smokey smell that always hovered around Oneca and Sabrina’s lingering ire. The car drove away in a plume of exhaust and resentment, leaving Morri alone. She’d reclaimed her clothing outside the club, and it was comfortable, despite the darkness. Morri took her time, strolling casually through the woods. She needed the time to think.
The time at the club had cleared her head. Even more, the encounter with Anais had given her perspective. If Sonja and Alex could find pleasure like that with one another, Morri was more than happy for them. She cared about both of them enough to stay away, to not be a thurd weal.
Besides, she had tonight. Oneca and Sabrina had seen her there, but Sonja and Alex hadn’t. And Oneca and Sabrina hadn’t danced with the blue woman. That was Morri’s experience, something she had shared with Anais alone. In that, Sonja and Alex were the thurd weal. When she started to feel like they were shutting her out, it would be her secret to hold in her heart. When they shut her out of their couple, it would have to be enough to remember when they would have been the thurd weal.

Archived