[Dragonball Victory] Game Proposal: Dragonball Victory

Justin OOC

The Premise- All the Northern Cosmos gathers once a year, on Earth for the Grand Intergalactic Martial Arts Tournament. This is the largest in the quadrant, but not the only one by far. Most worlds of sufficent advancement hold tournaments, and you the players will probably go to more than one. The players Represent Fighters Invited to participate. It is two hundred years after the events of Dragonball GT, and the Dragonballs are utterly unknown in this era.

Old Namek, and Planet Vegeta have both been wished back into existence, as well as the Seiyan race. This time around, the Seiyans are still an arrogant warrior race, but they are beholden to no one, and with time, have become far more noble, in that they no longer conquer and sell planets.

This game will entail the rediscovery and potential use of the Dragonballs, and a chance to play characters of a power level that goes beyond any I've allowed before in BESM 3e (the system used)

Your characters may be any race, any gender, and built with 1000 points. (not a typo)(This is roughly equal to Vegeta at his first visit to Earth)

some familiarity with Dragonball/Z/GT will help, but isn't necessary.

This is a game meant to be comedic, and hotblooded. Your character should be capable of working together with others. There will be hijinx, tons of action, and whatever else you the players bring with you.

My full houserules will be in effect. I am NOT going with Spirit commands.

(Special rules)

First, I reserve the right to say no to something I don't like.

Body Mind and Soul scores to 7 are purchased at 10 cp a point. 8-10 are 20 cp a point. beyond that, 30 cp a point.

Each Character will have a Special ability for free, generated by me. This may be a Racial ability (Namekians, Humans, Seiyans) or one unique to the character. You will have one or the other, not both.

I expect combat values of 15-20, no more than 22.

Dynamic powers is not allowed.

Powerflux and Skill flux are not allowed.

I am allowing the Brutal combat technique to be bought up to 10. I am changing how it works as well, making the weapon rank equal to the rank of Brutal.

Also Every attack will have an Energy point cost equal to its total damage divided by 10. you get no points back for this, this is just part of the game.

Any questions/ if you need help at all, PM me, and I'm likely in chat.

I look to start when I have at least 4 players, and not before next thursday at the earliest.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes. You had me on "Hotblooded".

Tetsuko the Android is getting in on this tournament action. And since it's 200 years after GT, would that mean that the technology has gotten further advanced (and as such Capsule Corp is even more awesome)?

Also I think we will have to apologise to Chosen... I don't think the forum can survive the critical mass of awesome and hotblooded we will unleash!

So... at the very least we gotta figure out motivation for our characters... I mean yeah, fighting is it's own reason, honestly. But I think Tetsuko fights to not only improve her own combat programming and upgrade her tactical data, but also to "keep in practice" in case the Red Ribbon return. Oh, will our characters have lives outside of kicking ass and being awesome, or are we murderho... I mean adventurers as a vocation? Either or is perfectly acceptible.

Oh and Humans and other races need not worry, Capsule Corporation takes pride in building Androids with the utmost in ethical and moral programming and hard-wired fail-safes. Please consider Capsule Corporation for your Android and Android Related Accessories.

Well at least I got 999 points of Tetsuko spent, but there is one question...

I got one point hanging, and it is a open feature slot... I'm having a hard time picking what that feature is... Ideas?

Oh and yeah, does the change with how Brutal works force the player to build any melee weapons and attacks no higher than the ranks of Brutal?

Addendum: While Justin answered my question in the chat, might be a good idea to clarify here for those that miss it. It just effects the unarmed attack, if I read correctly. Right, Justin?

• 2 weeks later...

Two questions, as there is no OOC thread.

1: I could have swore I read in chat, Justin, that our Unarmed default attack draws no energy, is that the case?

2: Can I use Teleport defensively? Characters in Dragonball Z and later had the ability to either move quickly enough to practically teleport or to literally teleport to anew location to avoid an attack. Tetsuko has the ability to teleport, can I use this power in that way?

I'm going to be putting this character in stasis. She started off a strong concept, but now i just have no direction for her. She seems largely just to react to things because things happen. While that's supposed to happen, I feel like I'm automatically filling out things, not roleplaying. So, Kelage can go into NPCdom and/or you can say she never made it out of the warp.When or even if I come back to her, hopefully it will be more in mindset.

• 1 year later...

I'm going to put some numbers out there, since this is a high power game and I'm still a little fuzzed on what's good enough. Justin and anyone else feel free to comment! The goal of the character is to have two 'stages' of threat...without the power armor engaged, and with. The power armor comes with a certain amount of obvious targetness and it's also a bit physically unwieldy, so it's not the ideal tool for every job.

Just MOST of them. :)

I also have a little floaty robot pal, who is extremely not a combatant, and who exists mainly for RP purposes, and as a pretty decent scout(er).

Without Power Armor:

ACV 16 melee, 18 with guns

DCV 16 vs melee, 18 vs ranged

160DR forcefield, no armor.

2 actions, 2 'free' defenses

100 health, 280 personal energy (6 ranks of variable regeneration)

Omniblaster does 82 damage, autofiring, 40 force field pierce, 20 armor pierce, range is 100 meters.

Thumper does 119 damage, 10 meter AoE, capable of indirect fire past 50 meters, only has 6 shots and is -1 to hit with because it's a big grenade launcher.

Neurolash does 82 'stun' damage and 22 energy damage, is -3 to defend against and has melee reach because it's a 'whip' kind of, and can tangle a target up.

She has got rocket boots that let her jump 10x normal distance, and a gadget that lets her interface with any kind of computer, even AI ones, at up to 10 meters range. Her energy regeneration is based on available fuel. It can run on almost anything that's either radioactive or combustible. The higher the energy of the combustion or radiation, the more energy regeneration and the longer it lasts before needing refuelling. Oh, and her goggles have millimeter-wavelength radar that lets her image without visible light if need be.

WITH Power Armor:

ACV 18 melee, 20 with guns

DCV 18 vs melee, 20 vs ranged

100DR forcefield, 100 armor.

3 actions, 4 'free' defenses

600 health, 480 personal energy (5 ranks of regeneration)

Overload Beam does 164 damage and 34 energy damage, ignores 80 force field, is +1 to hit with and has Flare 3, with a range of 1km.
Hypercannon does 184 damage, autofiring, over a 30meter area with a 100 meter range, capable of indirect fire past 10 meters and the munitions can lie inactive and be remote detonated (trap); has 6 shots. Oh, and it's Selective.
Plasma Fist does 204 damage, and explodes on impact which makes it -1 to defend against and can damage multiple adjacent targets (spreading 1).

The power armor has a pocket dimension that it can portal into and out of when summoned. It's a fully enclosed environment, capable of space travel, with a flight speed of 1000km/hour. It can lift and carry up to 2 tons, and has identity verification so no one but Deez can activate or summon it. Its energy regeneration is a function of an internal fusion reactor, and has no fuel requirements. It has a radar system similar to Deezy's goggles, but with higher power (longer range) and generally enhanced sensors and target tracking that boost awareness by 5 points. It's also about 9 feet tall and weighs over 600lbs, so there's definitely situations where it's not going to be useful. :)

The Overload Beam is an energy weapon that fires a giant beam of energy that reacts catastrophically with other energy sources...essentially is a huge laser that is also an EMP effect.

The Hypercannon is essentially a gun that shoots programmable cluster munitions that saturate a huge area with hundreds of bombs. Hence the autofire and the area effect. The bomblets are laser-guided, and can 'avoid' friendly targets in the area of the burst. It is most likely the weapon that got Deezy fired from her nice Capsule Corp job, and is most definitely her favorite gun of them all.

The Plasma Fist is easy. It vents high-temperature plasma from the knuckles when it hits someone. Basically, the suit's punches explode. Deezy's second favorite weapon.

The floaty robot is really vulnerable, with just 55 hit points and 10 armor, but it has a very sophisticated stealth suite that renders it invisible to visible light, infrared and radar. It has no legs, but uses antigravity and vectored thrust to fly around at up to 100kph. It can integrate itself into her power armor when she summons it. No game effect except that it becomes protected in that situation. It has good sensors, and a little tool arm, and enough brains and skills to be useful as a second hand in the lab. It's also been programmed with survival skills its inventor lacks but often needs, like domestic arts, administrative functions and...sadly...legal skills. It's totally incompetent in combat; its arms are too light and flimsy to be useful even in desperate unarmed conflict. It's also quite small in size...basically a ball with arms and hoverjets. Oh, and it has Judge Opponent combat technique, so it can inform Deez of the 'power level' of opponents.

I finally have an idea for Tetsuko.

She is, at least to appearance, is human. Thing is she is from the future. Although she doesn't quite remember why she was sent to the past. When she was traveling back in time, her time ship suffered "sudden unexpected disassembly" and she had to jump into an escape pod to get to whatever time she was heading to safely. Thing is escape pods while designed to get their passenger to safety, aren't well shielded from temporal flux, and that caused Tetsuko's amnesia. Only way that amnesia can be cured is a wish from the Dragon Balls, and she doesn't even know that. That and there is no clues as to why she went back. And everything on the escape pod doesn't look military in design or set up suggesting any crisis.

So now here she is, stuck in this time, no ship, no way home, marooned... and nothing to do. But... she can fight! In fact she can match a Saiyan! That and she has a full sponsorship from Capsule Corp as their scientific adviser! (Although most of that is to ensure none of her knowledge of future technology falls into the wrong hands).

So.... is that DBV enough? ^_^

Also as I'm changing concept, I am going to be using new pictures/etc...

I'd like to get characters done by the end of the week  that way I can start sometime friday night, into saturday.   Even if you re playing your original character, please resend the sheet and background to me so I don't have to go hunt it down in the huge backlog of pm's that I have.

as an added bonus, since I will be starting after the tournament, I will offer 5 points to everyone, for a story of your fight at the tournament.  You make it to the quarterfinals but lose there, you create the foe you fight. there's no die rolling, just a good story showing off your combat abilities, and that someone else has just a little bit better, or is a little more cunning in how they use theirs.   You all look good in your bouts, and it's commented on.  For first time fighters, never have so many made the quarterfinals.

Archived