[Dragonball Victory] Game Proposal: Dragonball Victory

Justin OOC

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GRRRR kinda late to be asking this but i just noticed in the character generation post you said  "My full houserules will be in effect."  followed by your Special rules section and i was wondering now if im missing some of the house rules?

I'll field this... This is from a message by Justin sent to me.

*House Rules*

6,6 always hits and does double damage for PC's
6,6 is auto hit for anything attacking
6,6 auto defense for anything defending
1,1 always misses for attacks
1,1 always fails for power activation
1,1 always hit when rolled for defense
Defender always wins

reduced to negative HP
characters with regeneration regenerate all negative HP in one turn, regardless of how deep they go, so long as they do not die.

The use of a healing power on somone in negative heal will always bring them up to at least 0 hp, regardless of how deep into the negatives they are.

There is no limit on Tough, or Energy bonus.
I am changing their costs to 1 cp per rank.
Each rank gives you 10 hp or 10 ep.

Regeneration can be used for EP or HP, but must be decided at Character creation, You may have both kinds. 

Also as a sidebar this has become Tetsuko's theme... Really kicks in around the 1 minute mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pY-hAyoQOdg

This one seems to fit too, and feels "happier" which is what I'm thinking of aiming towards in this version of Tetsuko.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYQ0xZR6K2k

I will also start writing the Quarterfinals fight tonight while I'm offline.

Actually a gadgeteer isn't allowed because of an unfair advantage, but if the tech breaks, that otherwise untrained fighter is a liability. You'd be the squishy center of a tootsie roll.

The idea is solid for not being in a tourney, but Tournaments are part of the setting.

Then again, the final call should be Justin's... I sorta like your idea.

Well, the rules of the tournament are clear; no protective gear. I suspect it's because it's a martial arts tournament, not a demolition derby.

Which I can respect, in hindsight. In a setting with high tech, any goober with a big wallet could compete.

Sooooo...back to the drawing board.

BESM question : when creating an item does the item level equal its attributes levels?

also i am unfamiliar with tournament rules (and anima in general and DB completely lol)

second also: anyone have any really cool pics of armored tigers with a scfi/cyber look? and if so can i steal them? lol

when making an item, total up all the attributes it has, and halve the number of points.   That is its cost.    if it is taken away, you lose access to all of what it grants.

There are many different types of tournaments, this one in particular prohibits the use of anything that is not part of you, this includes all armor and weapons, as well as devices that grant special powers.  It is a test of one's prowess in battle.

it is to the knockout, ring out, or submission of your enemy.

YES, I GOT THE COST BUT I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO CALCULATE THE ITEMS LEVEL (MY STAFF) TO DETERMINE ITS ARMOUR RATING.

when making an item, total up all the attributes it has, and halve the number of points.   That is its cost.    if it is taken away, you lose access to all of what it grants.

There are many different types of tournaments, this one in particular prohibits the use of anything that is not part of you, this includes all armor and weapons, as well as devices that grant special powers.  It is a test of one's prowess in battle.

it is to the knockout, ring out, or submission of your enemy.

OK COOL, HMM IMA GET MY ASS KICKED....NO STAFF, NO TIGERS LOL...BUT THEN I AM A MARTIAL ARTS WIZARD MUHAHAHA... SO MAYBE NOT

• 4 weeks later...

I don't recall anyone mentioning dragonballs. I'll have to read back to doublecheck...

Edit - Okay, he did say 'A dragonball after all these years.' And he was noted as being in the midst of the PCs, so it's safe to say we all heard him.

Regardless, Long's stated to me that none of us have any idea what a 'dragon ball' would be. :)

• 1 month later...

Um, Tetsuko, I think you made a mistake determining how many times you were hit in your last post. Autofire only scores an extra hit for each full three points the Attack Roll exceeds your Defense roll. According to that, the first attack would have scored a total of Three hits (defense of 22 vs. Attack 28) and the second only Two Hits (Defense 26 vs. Attack 31), for a total of 5 hits, which according to your statement you would take 50 damage per hit, would be a total of 250 damage instead of 550 you stated in Chat.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived