Scion: The Cycle of Six Rivers

Dave ST

Okay, I'm going to get the plot fictions started here soon. The teams will be...

Team Four Star:

Atticus

Nadya

Ariel

Mako

Average Dodge DV: 8

Team Rocket:

Taya

Corbin

Jake

Grim

Average Dodge DV: 5

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While Dave clearly divided these based on combat profienency, I can't help but feel like my PC is being put on Team Asshole. Rightfully so! But still... Team Asshole. :D

Jake is NOT an asshole, but otherwise, yes, Team Asshole. Are we going to do more damage to the Titanspawn or each other, then?

LOL, while yes, it does seem like the teams are skewed, Taya has the right of it. I tried, since this will be our first 'trial run' with Scion and possibly the combat that goes with it I tried to make sure that the teams were separated in a way that I don't accidentally squash a PC with an unfortunately low DV. While Mako only has a 6 DV, she has he second highest soak next to Atticus (who has the highest DV, Soak, and damage output of any of the other 7 PCs), so even if she does get hit, he chances of survival are pretty high.

Of course, I know all this will blow up in our faces in practice, but hey, nice to have a plan, right?

Oh, we can have a Fun-vee too...

Lets face it: Corbin, Taya, Grim and Jake should collectively get along exactly like a house on fire. What's team 4-star going to do? Sit around braiding Atticus's hair? :whistle:

The game is open, so feel free to submit me a character. Follow the rules and we'll go from there. As far as what's taken, speak with the others.

There's not much going on until after the first plot threads are done.

Serious question to all players: how long do you want to linger at the hero level?

I know some of you are new to Scion, so I want to give you time to get your feet wet. Point being, you guys feel like lingering or do you wanna tastefully find yourselves amped up and handling awesome stuff like trips to terra incognitae.

I've never had a chance to play Scion much before...I wouldn't mind a little time to get used to things before we dove into the deep end.

But I'm pretty flexible about it all too. If there's a clear consensus the other way, I'll go along with that sans complaint. :)

Well, with Scion everything is tied to legend. You can have Legend of 8 but but still be as weak as Hero level character. In the TT game I'm running we're all Legend 7 at the moment and SWAT teams can still give us a run for our money.

We've spent 275XP so far and only 40 of that was actually spent on raising our Legend scores (the rest was awarded via deeds). So, 235XP and we don't have epics over 4, only a couple boons at the 5+ mark, and not a lot of skills in the 4+ range either.

The costs to have really powerful characters seems to act as a decent deterrent, but uber min/maxers tend to get themselves killed any way... :)

I'm happy to move at the pace that suits the group as a whole. I've not played Scion much, so it'd be good to take my time and have Grim grow up at a reasonable pace. He's got a lot of larning to do, after all :D

The game itself wouldnt speed up any, I'd still move everything along at a pace equal to the PCs capabilities, we'd just have a bit more options available sooner (basically demigodhood), despite still being relatively weak.

present idea... Scion of Osiris, born daughter of Isis, then ritually adopted by Osiris.. basic concept is rich girl (from her mortal father) with a step brother who tried to kill her twice to insure that he would inherit over her, during the second attempt is when her visitation occurred.. of course, that's a very basic outline, I've got more thoughts, but it's what I'm looking at right now, just don't want to step on any ones toes in the process.

See, three of the PCs have some issues to handle from their background (Grim, Taya, and Jake). While I hope this game lasts a long time we, as a group, really can't touch base on those issues until the mortal caps of Herodom are shrugged off. I would love to get the ball rolling on these meta-plots, but I don't wanna wait until it seems like I've been ignoring them forever because the PCs were too weak.

Krul here, after several tries, gave up on the daughter of Osiris idea, played with a few other ideas, and settled on this one.

Here's the martial artist daughter of Ryujin instead, which is an concept that I rather liked, but never got the chance to really try as a player until now..

,, ,,
63fba84827565b72d2ee738.jpg

Name: Akemi Ryoko Kimera

Calling: Martial Artist

Nature: Compeditor

Known Relatives: Amatsukami

Divine Parent: Ryujin

Ethnic Background: Japanese
Nationality: USA (Hawaii)
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 146 lbs
Eyes: Grey-Blue
Hair: Black
Handedness: Ambidextrous
Distinguishing Marks: None
Appearance (See Picture for details)
Personality
Akemi is a girl who can't resist a challenge, she constantly wants to prove herself against herself even if there is no one else to compare to. She has a distinct love of athletic endeavors because it's easy to see how she's improved there. She is tough, enduring, and has a fairly good degree of courage that stops short of being outright suicidal. She is a good friend to have, as she's very loyal and willing to back a friend up even in a crisis, but she tends to prefer a direct solution to problems, even when that will cause more problems.
History
Akemi's mother, Karin was the daughter of Japanese immigrants to the US, which proved unfortunate during the period of world war two, sense they found themselves in camps for the duration of the war. This particular injustice, sense at the time her family had done nothing to prove disloyal to the US at the time had the young woman convinced that injustice was the way of the world and that one had to be strong and self-reliant to make it in life.
Karin went on to become a marine biologist, in particular studying the habits of sea turtles, but generally studying all kinds of marine life, and in the course of her studies came upon a rather interesting Japanese man, who went by the name Ryu whose field of study overlapped hers. Somewhat smitten, it didn't take long before she found herself seduced her in the course of her studies, and soon enough found herself pregnant. When she confronted him about it, he confessed that he had other duties that made him unable to be a regular part of the child's life, but that he would see to it that neither she nor the child lacked anything that they needed.
Feeling somewhat betrayed, but suspected that Ryu belonged to an old and powerful family with considerable traditional customs that made it impossible for him to marry her, something he confirmed, she went on to raise the child herself, Ryu visiting a few times a year to see how his daughter was growing up, and providing all of the financial aid that they could want. Moving to Hawaii in order to better study the many marine creatures that she so enjoyed studying, and because Ryu encouraged her to move closer to Japan, she raised Akemi on the Hawaii isles.
Akemi grew up fast, and by the time she was three, she was into everything, but she loved to watch dolphins, whales and orca whenever she could, demanding that her room be decorated with pictures of sea creatures, but of those in particular. When she was about 6, she began to show interest in martial arts as well, and after some persuading, her mother was convinced to enroll her in a local Dojo, initially learning Karate and proving quite capable.
By the time she was 13, she was an able martial artist and she was in the 7th grade, she had little tolerance for bullies, and like her father had a somewhat short temper, though her mother was trying to work with her on that. Protecting her fellow classmates from some of the bullies from the upper grades, she was quite strong, agile and tough for someone her age.
Her short way with bullies got her somewhat entangled with defending some of the other children in her school from drug dealers, who were backed by titanspawn, Oni in fact, but it was here fortunatly her father dropped in for a visit and decided it was time to reveal everything. Soon enough, Akemi found herself enrolled in Six Rivers as a boarding school, her mother persuaded it was for the best, and just as the girl was getting use to the shock of knowing her dad was a god.. the Dragon God of the Sea at that.. she's spent the last 3 years coming to terms with that, and still striving to excel, the teachers at Six Rivers refining her natural talent.
Akemi is struggling in some ways however, in school she was naturally superior to her fellows, it was a shock to discover that a good part of that was due to her father's divine blood, not her own drive to succeed, and now she's surrounded by her peers, though she's still pressed with the drive to excel, she's finding it a good deal harder now. She's started to learn to drive a bike at 6 rivers, and very much prefers that to the closed doors of a car.
Her father has given her a belt that allows her to access the purviews of animal, frost and water, and assigned one of the Tetsu under his command as a guide to his daughter.

• 3 weeks later...

Nadya, I need you to edit your last post, please.

While I know you didn't intentionally set out to goof or insult the NPC in anyway, I'd appreciate it if you'd not immediately post right after, control the NPC (for the second time) and make best friends with her all over again. I understand, and appreciate, you going the extra mile to make the conversations more in depth and lengthier but it shouldn't be done as a means of undoing mistake or ignoring reactions NPC have taken towards the group (or specific members of the group).

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, I'm calling 'my bad' on the whole Scion thing. I haven't meant to let this lag but as most of you know I've been hella busy IRL.

Are you guys still interested in keeping this going?

Depends on the side thread. If it an ice cream social, then have at it, but keep in mind Fatebindings can still be in effect. If it's some side quest that takes you deep into the pits of Helheim... then you need to get with me so I can have appropriate opposition for you. That way Hero level characters aren't walking roughshod over elder giants, minotuars, trolls or even frost and fire giants.

Archived