[Star Wars D6] Agents of the Crown

Rubio OOC

I'm down for this.

I would more than likely be playing a dark side force user of one stripe or another, but that's mainly because I have a strong tendency towards antiheroes.

And now, the standard disclaimer that is inevitably necessary when playing a dark side character in a not-necessarily-all-dark-side game:

"I understand that this is not a villains campaign. I understand that the other PC's are my PC's allies. Even though the other force user picked up the ancient ritual knife of Kamdorea, they are not out to stab me with it in my sleep and steal my power for their own. As such, I should not preemptively do the same to them."

I could go on and on, but essentially it comes down to "I am a dark sider, not a douchebag"

Since it seems (A) Inevitable and (B) Like it will get more traction anyway, I've decided that I'm going to go for Star Wars d6.

House rules and character creation guidelines to follow once I reacquaint myself with the idiosyncracies of the system.

Max - the generic version of d6 Space is free on RPGNow/DriveThruRPG it is what I will be using actually.

Speaking of which, Rubio, just so you're aware I've got the generic d6 Space (i.e. SWd6 without the SW), so I may need a little hand in translating certain aspects but since I am not playing Force sensitive I think that will be fairly painless.

Also, I've decided to go with a Black Ops style rogue type over the pilot. Guns and B&E skills, with a dash of intimidation.

Is there a place those rules can be obtained for free?

Max - the generic version of d6 Space is free on RPGNow/DriveThruRPG it is what I will be using actually.

That's the simplest way to handle it. Just be advised that there are just enough differences between D6 space and SWD6 to be really aggravating. Fortunately, I have access to both.

Big difference right off the bat is that attributes in Star Wars are on a 2D - 4D scale (for humans at least) as opposed to 1D - 5D presented in D6Space.

I'll take a look at where to find something closer, but a good place to start are the Rancor Pit forums http://www.rancorpit.com/forums

Also, I've decided to go with a Black Ops style rogue type over the pilot. Guns and B&E skills, with a dash of intimidation.

Sounds good!

Hm! Well, I could be a pilot then. Or a scrappy tech sort. Or anything else, really.

It might be fun to include something light-sidey to be an antipode to that darksider.

*twitch*

*twitchtwitch*

This is one of my pet*twitch* peeves. There is no "light side" of the force. I love bioware's games, but they flubbed that one.

There is The Force, which is the energy field flowing between all life and universe, and there is the Dark Side that grows on the Force like a malignant cancer.

</soapbox>

So! A force-sensitive pilot?

Well, maybe. I was actually thinking of each idea as a separate concept, but I s'pose I could do a reg'lar untrained force sensitive.

I'll have to look at the rules and see what I can cobble together, mechanically. Don't want to be a sucky pilot if I have to balance the sensitivity.

As for dark/light/whatever...yeah, nevermind. Not going there. :)

Because I can't ever be satisfied with just the rules as written, I'll be instituting the following house rules.

CHARACTERS

Characters are the standard generation of 18D in attributes and 7D in skills. In addition, characters will start with 20 additional cp (for a total of 25) that can be spent on advancement or banked.

SKILLS

The 2nd Edition Revised and Expanded skill list is entirely too verbose and bloated. Here's the list we'll be using

DEX

-----

Blasters*

Dodge

Heavy Weapons

Melee Weapons

Missile Weapons

Thrown weapons

(Lightsaber or other exotic weapon)

*Includes antique slugthrowers you luddite

KNO

------

Alien Races

Bureaucracy

Cultures

Languages

Planetary Systems

Streetwise

Survival

Technology

MEC

-----

Astrogation

Beast Riding

Vehicle Operation*

Starship Gunnery

Starship Pilot

Starship Shields

*includes repulsorlift vehicles, walkers, and stone-age internal combustion ground vehicles

PER

----

Bargain

Command

Con

Gambling

Hide/Sneak

Search

STR

-----

Brawling

Climbing/Jumping

Lifting

Stamina

Swimming

TEC

-----

Armor Repair

Computer Prog/Repair

Demolitions

Droid Prog/Repair

Medicine

Vehicular Repair

Security

Starship Repair

Weapon Repair

COMBAT

We'll be implementing passive defenses from d6 Space.

Every 2D or 6 pips above 4D (round up) in certain skills adds 1 to the difficulty to hit you in combat. You round up, so bonuses start to build up at 4D+1

Skill      Good against
-----------------------
Dodge      Ranged, Melee or Brawl attacks
Melee      Weapon or Brawl attacks
Brawl      Brawl attacks
THE FORCE

Still on the fence about this one. But I'm looking at maybe using the d6 space Metaphysics. Someone over on the Rancor Pit forums did a pretty decent job at converting Saga edition force powers into the metaphysics rules

No need to overcomplicate things. Force Rules as written for 2nd edition R+E. If you want to play a force user but don't have access to that book, I will help you out.

What are the common/dominant races in this are of space?

I'm still working out the demographics. Assume that you can find representatives of most spacefaring species in the sector. The most prominent are Human, Arkanian, Duros, Zabrak, and Neimoidian

I have to ask...are you doing the whole, "If you're Force Sensitive, you must be super-good all the time or fall to the Dark Side" thing?

Short answer: don't be an asshole

Slightly longer answer: the Force doesn't care about reasons, harming life is anathema to it

Caveat to above: it's less squeamish about exerting control over an inanimate thing (like say a rock) which you then use to pummel someone than being directly used to choke or crispy-fry someone.

Longer answer: forthcoming as It would be too difficult to enter on my phone.

I guess I'll be playing a vanilla human then. 18 Dice worth of Attributes and 7 dice worth of skills, right? Anything special about starting $$ and equipment?

Uhh, let's say that you can start with a total of about 2000 credits worth of equipment. If you have special requests, run them by me.

Samuel Connell

Name: Samuel Connell
Weight: 158 lb.
Height: 5'7
Skin Color: White
Planet of Origin: Black Forest
Eye Color: Orange-Red
Hair Color: Light Blue
Handedness: Right

Occupation: Tracker/Bounty Hunter in service to the Crown Agents

Allegiance: Crown of Leontides

Background: Black Forest is an expansive planet as its name suggests, most known for the sheer amount of trees. All ground life is limited to one continent the size of South America, which varies from near-polar coniferous tundra to southeastern equatorial rain forests to temperate deciduous forests and river valleys.

Suffice it to say, the world is well-watered, physically and climate-wise, there are no deserts, and summers are not distinctly hot except in the jungles. As befitting a naturally rich and lush planet, the two primary industries that have always been central to the Black Forest planetary and system economies are agriculture and hunting.

Out on the rim of the Alusan Expanse, Black Forest was colonized by an expedition from other systems in the Expanse a thousand years ago - but contact was mysterious lost for a great deal of time. The colonists proved self-sufficient and capable enough of establishing a largely early 20th century equivalent tech level.

In the past couple centuries, the Black Foresters had been rediscovered and incorporated into the Crown of Leontides, but their world is still limited in the advance of profusion of modern advances, behind the galactic standard by a notable degree.

Samuel Connell grew up on this world, born in the rural temperate forest towns, where tracking and hunting skills were positively upheld as essential capacities for any man or woman in the region. Though Samuel proved more than able to achieve that societal expectation, he held enough wanderlust and curiosity to look beyond Black Forest.

Setting out eventually to one of the few major star-ports in the city of Dersling, a common location for incoming merchants, bureaucrats, travelers and other 'far-off folk', Samuel ran into [To Be Written More Later, Background Ties With Max's PC starts here]

Sheet

Species: Human

Attributes

Dexterity 4D

Knowledge 3D

Mechanical 2D

Perception 4D

Strength 3D

Technical 2D

Move 10

Skills

Blasters (Dexterity) 5D

Dodge (Dexterity) 5D

Melee Weapons (Dexterity) 5D

Streetwise (Knowledge) 4D

Survival (Knowledge) 4D

Beast Riding (Mechanical) 3D

Vehicle Operation (Mechanical) 3D

Hide/Sneak (Perception) 5D

Search (Perception) 5D

Brawling (Strength) 4D

Other Stats

Passive Defense Value: 10 (Brawling) / 11 (Dodge & Melee)

Strength Damage 2D

Character Points: 4

Force Points: 1

Equipment

Binoculars, Blaster Pistol, Blaster Rifle, Machete, Military-Grade Comlink, Holo-vid Player

Advancement Log

Starting Amount: 25

Brawling 4D - 9

Beast Riding 3D - 6

Vehicle Operation 3D - 6

Balance: 4

Looks good! Just a quick note, though, that the passive defense should be 1 for dodge and melee weapons and 0 for brawling. That's the amount that gets added to the difficulty of an opponent's attack when you don't take any defensive action.

Are there any 'primitive' or aboriginal cultures/species that live in the area of space?

I am considering making a sort of 'educated' member of that culture who has become technically savvy, but retains some of the traditions and outlook of that people. A sort of shamanistic approach to Force-sensitivity.

Are there any 'primitive' or aboriginal cultures/species that live in the area of space?

I am considering making a sort of 'educated' member of that culture who has become technically savvy, but retains some of the traditions and outlook of that people. A sort of shamanistic approach to Force-sensitivity.

Heh... Samuel's home planet will be a fringe planet, some mix of 20th century tech and more standard Star Wars technology... think of it as Tattooine... but without the dual suns and endless desert. ;)

The only thing that immediately jumps to mind are the near human Alamun who are the indigenous inhabitants of the Alaminos system. Think like the Fremen from dune, but Inuit ocean-roamers instead of desert bedouins.

Barring that, you can try to write something up and I'll see where I can fit it in.

Inuit ocean roamers, eh? HMMM. I may be able to work with that.

By Inuit, do you mean northern climate-esque? Arctic conditions?

Yep! Think of a culture based on fishing and collecting the byproduct of massive whale-like creatures that can serve as sustenance and fuel and other needs. They think if the whales as holy animals and don't hunt them for meat. So naturally they take a dim view of the Hutt cartels that do :)

Oh, also, define 'near human.' :)

Essentially human and genetically compatible with humanity, but with cosmetic differences and maybe evolutionary biological changes, such as thicker skin or hair or increased fat deposits to retain heat, or maybe skin membranes between their fingers (like, say theyve lived on a 95% water world that's more arctic than not for thousands and thousands of years)

An overview of the world with the most power in the sector.

LEONTIDES

Fourth planet of its parent star, Lenotides is the most prosperous system in the Alusan Expanse, Leontides is a cultrual, mercantile and military power of significant standing. The factories of Zoha'Leph, Zoha'Mel, Zoha'Mek and Zoha'Yin are able to produce large amounts of weaponry and spacecraft-level building materials. This industrial strength allows it to keep a very well-equipped standing army and navy and enforce order throughout the cluster.

The world is covered largely in temperate wetlands, with a technologically-controlled ecology that is stable to the point of boredom. Most of the equatorial and temperate surface of world is given over to agricultural use, with only occasional urban areas. The carefully-cultivated land provides a large fraction of the increasingly-large agricultural needs of the world, but as its prominence in galactic affairs continues to grow, more and more off-world food and supplies must be imported.

Toward the northern and southern polar areas, the population centers become thicker. The density ranges from suburban ground-level habitations to massive arcologies that house millions of sapients. Six major starports and a dozen skyhooks link the surface of the planet to space.

The current ruling body is the Baras Dynasty, which favors neutrality. They are the head of the Zoha'Mel manufactory and are ruled by Aaren Leguile, King of Baras, a middle-aged zabrak who has managed to keep things relatively stable during his thirty-year reign. Baras armed forces are ubiquitous throughout the system and maintain control against pirates, raiders, and the occasional extrasolar threat.

Although its space navy is dwarfed in size by that of the Republic or Empire, its ships are top-of-the-line, with advanced systems and materials produced from the four manufacturing centers. Eighteen capital vessels named after planetary landmasses patrol the system and its satellites while seven more patrol the various systems under the Leontidian aegis.

The most direct opposition to the crown comes from the Yakal Union, the corporate controllers of the Zoha'Mek manufatory, who favor alliance with the Sith empire. They host a Sith embassy and are not the least bit shy about voicing their discontent over the Baras trade restrictions that prevent them from exporting their weapons across the sector and, most notably, to the Sith Empire.

The other manufactory owners, the Barony of Serium and House Efthekari, are attempting to maintain a neutrality of their own between Baras and Yakal.

• 2 months later...

Archived