Exalted Proposal

Dave ST

I'm considering running one of two styles of Exalted game. First, a standard vanilla Exalted game. Second a Modern Exalted game using the rules for the modern shard in the Shards of the Exalted Dream.

The goal and the premise will be a simple one: to regain control of creation.

Vanilla Exalted - Core rules, you can play any of the 'good' guys so that means Dragon-Blooded, Lunars, Sidereals and Solars. No favoritism will be given to any particular Exalt so if you can't hang with your group, that's on you, not everyone else. Monsters, demons, sorcery, the Wyld Hunt, mortals and god-blooded trying to kill you at every step... fun stuff. Exalted stuff. Everyone is a selfish bastard and no one is sorry for it.

Modern Exalted - Same as above, except we'll be adding modern tech to the mix. Shotguns, pistols, gunblades, helicopters, cars, motorcycles, artifact rocket launchers and humans who can use essence drivers to channel charms of their own. Like a low tech First Age.

Which would people prefer?

This will not be a fast paced game and it might go belly up, but I would like to try it nonetheless.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Given the options made available I would have to know more about how the game will be run (open world, ST driven, etc) but I am largely interested in Exalted in general.

Probably end up playing a Solar or a Sidereal.

Similarly, what does "not a fast paced game" mean? What kind of update time are we looking at? I know you're not around all that often, but at the same time, unless we're looking at a week or three between ST posts, I don't see this as a problem :)

~H

Personally I would love to see an OW Exalted forum, but alas I'm sure that will never be. This will be an ST driven game with a posting sporadic posting schedule of about once a week or so. The exception will be combat, honestly when a fight breaks out I'd like people avail to get it over and done with as expediently as possible.

I'd like to try an Exalted game...maybe a Lunar...yes...

Awesome, but you didn't answer the question... :P

Partly for this game, but also partly as an exercise in breaking my molds in characters, I already have Large Gord done, currently set up as a starting character for vanilla Exalted. There may be a few changes I may make later to the sheet and background, depending mainly on which setting we end up doing, and also if I stick with his current personality setting of 'ultimately good-hearted and simple big guy' or as I have been considering, do more of a 'thug with ambition.'

Alright, looks like we'll go with Vanilla Exalted. Standard character creation rules.

On a fun note, for once you'll not hear me bitch about 5's in stats, since Exalted is meant to be all about masters of mastery mastering everything there is to master. Providing your background can back it up, I couldn't give a flying fart in the breeze how many 5's you have. Please just don't hand me a character who's never touched a weapon in his life and try to tell me his Exaltation gave him a Melee of 5. It doesn't work that way. The Exaltation gives you power, but it can only enhance what you already have: your own natural skills.

Successful (i.e. you're still alive) Soldiers, gladiators, mercenaries... these tend to have high melee scores (because lower melees scores mean you're either dead, or a farmer). Farmers, stable boys, hunters... these tend to have lower melee scores because the general populace are not permitted to own weaponry (depending on how deep into the Threshold you go, that law wanes). They are permitted to own hunting weaponry however, like spears, bows, knives, etc so you can still be trained, but certainly no master. Try to make your dots fit your skill set.

All Dragon-Blood (whether you are from the Realm, Outcaste, or Lookshy) pay for the Breeding as if they were Outcase (pg. 94 of the Dragon-Blooded book), meaning you must pay 14 points of Background/Freebie points in order to have a Breeding of 5. I know this sucks, but I get rather weary of people always dropping their first 5 points into breeding beacause it means bigger essence pools with no real consideration of what Breeding 5 actually means for the character or his house.

Sidereals, unless someone is an expert on explaining to me how the Astrology and Resplendent Destinies thing works... we probably won't be using it. It was too much reading for something they probably could have summed up as "roll this and this happens for this long". I know that sucks, but honestly, Siddies are OPed anyway. :P

Lunars rock, no changes.

Solars are awesome, bow before your rightful rulers.

Dragon-Bloods, don't count these guys out. They may be the weakest of the Exalts, but I can make a starting Dragon-Blood who can wipe out 3 fledgling Solars with ease. They may be the 'weakest' of the Exalts but they are by no means to ever be under estimated. If you are a Dynast... you better have a damn good reason why you're consorting with Anathema though (and no, saying you didn't know or you were just hanging with them until you got to the next pay phone to call home won't cut it... I already tried it once). Dynasts turned to the Solar way of thinking is not unheard of though... it happens.

You have work to do.

Ok, I have my character I want to throw out...

...a good-hearted but big and thick Dawn Caste...

Large Gord
Birth Name: Large Gord
Titles: Big Guy, Simpleton
Place of Origin: The village of Saynak, in the North.
Height: 6'6
Weight: 247 lb.
Hair: Black
Eyes: Green

Motivation: "To have great fun and great fights!"

Background: It was said that Large Gord was dropped on his head as a baby, and yet that did not stop the boy raised by his grandmother Nanna from growing, and growing and growing. He was, even by the standards of the coastline village Saynak, uneducated, and slow, which in time made comments of Large Gord an insult as much as pity. Still, Nanna was a loving guardian, teaching Gord herbal remedies, old tales of the spirits, and whatever else he could grasp. In return, he tirelessly cared for her and farmed and hunted for their survival.

But she was old... and eventually she passed onto her next incarnation. At that point, Gord had managed to pick up enough to discern the the villagers were being very unkind, and so he left, at last. Naturally, his brute labor was sufficient to get him coin as he moved along the North. He even got some time working on a ship in the Inland Sea trade, where a kindly quartermaster managed to teach him to read and write (horribly).

And then, one day in port, Gord heard people screaming, and a white-haired, crazy black-armored man cutting his way through the poor people. Gord, foolhardly or bravely, positioned himself of the deathknight's next victim - a young now orphaned girl - and told him to stop. The Rose of Ten Thousand Ages smirked and swung to cut down the stupid mortal.... and then Large Gord felt tingly, and sun-shiny... and powerful.

The Rose barely gaped at Large Gord catching his daiklave barehanded before Gord's other fist smashed into his pretty face. After a brief pulverizing of the Rose, Gord was surprised to find the people just as scared of him as the bad Rose. Hadn't Gord helped them?

And then the monks were getting up in his face, so Gord shoved them aside and headed out in disappointment. Over time, he saw... vision. Another Gord, telling him to get some nice weapons and armor that used to be his, in a big house-palace that was his. Maybe these big golden fist-gloves and armor would make people like him better.

Large Gord is a brave, though uncomplicated and slow soul. In many ways, he searches for entertainment, the thrills of combat, and (deep inside) comradeship as he makes his way through the world. Though he may not seem to have the ambition normally befitting a Solar, Gord is destined to perform deeds worthy of any Celestial Exalted (Monster-slaying, overthrowing local Realm rulers in the most direct fashions, hint, hint).

Appearance: Large Gord, as befits his name, is a mountain of a man, pale with a cropping of jet black hair and wearing rude clothing and furs.

Caste: Dawn
Anima Banner: A big massive pile of glowing rocks.

Attributes:
Strength 4, Dexterity 2, Stamina 5
Charisma 2, Manipulation 2, Appearance 2
Perception 4, Intelligence 1, Wits 2

Virtues: Compassion 2; Conviction 2; Temperance 2; Valor 3
Virtue Flaw: Foolhardy Contempt

Abilities:
Favored: Athletics, Awareness, Integrity, Resistance, Survival

Dawn- Archery, Martial Arts 4 (Fighting Unarmed +2), Melee 4, Thrown, War
Zenith- Integrity 2, Performance, Presence 2 (Intimidation +2), Resistance 3, Survival 2
Twilight- Craft, Investigation, Lore 1, Medicine 1, Occult 1
Night- Athletics 2, Awareness 3, Dodge 3, Larceny, Stealth
Eclipse- Bureaucracy, Linguistics 1 (Native: Skytongue, Riverspeak), Ride, Sail 1, Socialize

Backgrounds: Resources 1, Artifact 1 (Orichalcum Smashfists), Artifact 2 (Orichalcum Reinforced Breastplate), Manse 3
Merits: Brutal Attack 4, Improved Resistance 2, Strong Back 3
Flaws: Diminished Attributes - Social 3

Charms: First Martial Arts Excellency, First Melee Excellency, Hungry Tiger Technique, Fire and Stones Strike, One Weapon Two Blows, Peony Blossom Attack, Dipping Swallow Defense, Bulwark Stance, Essence Gathering Temper, Ox-Body Technique x2
Solar Hero Style: Fists of Iron Technique, Sledgehammer Fist Punch, Dragon Coil Technique, Thunderclap Rush Attack

Join Battle: 5d10
Attack:
Orichalcum Smashfists:
- Strike: Speed 5, Accuracy 11, Damage 9B/2, DV 5, Rate 3, Tags: M,O
- Clinch: Speed 6, Accuracy 10, Damage 8B/2, DV -, Rate 2, Tags: C,M,O,P

Soak: 15B/13L/11A (Stamina: 5B/2L/0A) (Armor: 10B/11L/11A, Hardness: 9B/9L)
Health Levels: -0, -1, -1, -1, -1, -2, -2, -2, -2, -2, -2, -4, INC
Dodge DV: 3 (4 without mobility penalty), Willpower: 6
Essence: 2
Personal: 12, Peripheral: 20/29 [9 committed]

BP LOG

5 Caste/Favored Charms - 15

1 WP dot - 1

2 Caste/Favored Skills - 2

That's actually pretty awesome. I didn't find anything to nit-pick... holy shit.

Be careful with the 'simple' angle. While there is nothing wrong with him being a tad slow... he most likely wouldn't have been Exalted if he was retarded. Shards tend to seek out those who have glorious destinies ahead of them, and most 'slow' people don't tend to last more than a few seasons before they're plain just left for the wolves. And yes, I know it's mean and not PC to say retarded, but I did, and I'm not ashamed.

Oh, fun fact: Martial arts Charms are broke as fuck because they break conventional rules for Combos... All Martial Arts Charms are considered... brace yourself... Martial Arts Charms. Basically, what this means is that you can combo any Martial Arts Charms together. Like something from the Fire Style, Solar Hero and Violet Bier of Sorrows style? Combo em' all together, it's legal.

That's actually pretty awesome. I didn't find anything to nit-pick... holy shit.

Be careful with the 'simple' angle. While there is nothing wrong with him being a tad slow... he most likely wouldn't have been Exalted if he was retarded. Shards tend to seek out those who have glorious destinies ahead of them, and most 'slow' people don't tend to last more than a few seasons before they're plain just left for the wolves. And yes, I know it's mean and not PC to say retarded, but I did, and I'm not ashamed.

Oh, fun fact: Martial arts Charms are broke as fuck because they break conventional rules for Combos... All Martial Arts Charms are considered... brace yourself... Martial Arts Charms. Basically, what this means is that you can combo any Martial Arts Charms together. Like something from the Fire Style, Solar Hero and Violet Bier of Sorrows style? Combo em' all together, it's legal.

Great to hear you have no nitpicks. Yeah, the way I see it for Gord, he's not really mentally handicapped, but he's not really been formally educated and has some trouble with words. As in, he might say 'incantation' in place of 'incarnation.' So his language would be less complex, and some scholarly topics may be very hard to follow, but he's not that stupid.

Think of him like Goury from the Slayers anime/manga, especially since Gord has a similarly high Perception rating - which also is an advantage in his favor.

As for Martial Arts Charms, I don't think I'm going beyond Solar Hero Style charms for Gord. Mainly because one, it suits him the most, and two, there are very few Celestial or Terrestrial styles which appropriately fit the 'brute power over finesse' requirements to gain the full benefits of the Brutal Attack merit. So I just settle for combining Solar Hero MA Charms with the Solar Melee charms - yay for Smashfists being martial arts weapons!

So, are we using the errata at all or are we going straight by the book?

~H

I'm pretty sure we are using the Errata. I did for Gord.

Good to know.

So at this point my thought is a sort of "Underworld Diplomat" type. Think what Moonshadow Abyssals would be if they weren't so omgwtf focused on burning down the world around them and/or slaved to Oblivion.

Looking at the character being from Sijan, or some other place with a similar respect for the afterlife and the associated underworld.

As an aside, where are we going to be starting this game out locationally?

,, ,, ,,

~H

--- Current Idea - Twilight Caste Sorcerer / Necromancer OR Eclipse Caste leaning heavily towards Spirit / Ghost interaction and charms.

While Solars are limited to Second Circle Necromancy, if you are considering playing an Shadowlands Diplomat, my only advice is that Necromancy is not 'respectful' nor 'diplomatic' to the denizens of the Underworld. To put it politely, he'd be a hypocrite. You can't claim to be a respectful diplomat for the Underworld, then go and use Necromancy (well, you can, but you'd still be a dick). I know Moonshadows make use of it, but the Diplomat Deathknights are feared by the Underworld. They aren't there to actually help anyone except their Deathlord and Neverborn masters.

Remember, you don't have to be a Twilight to be a Sorcerer, my Night Caste who ended up insanely powerful, used a lot of Sorcery because it was a big help, I never made it to Solar Circle Sorcery though. Considering Solar Circle Sorcery is actually necessary to win some of the greatest prizes in the Scavenger Lands... a Sorcerer would be useful.

As far as where to begin... I dunno. Maybe the Scavenger Lands so you guys can piss of the Dynasts of Greyfalls, screw up trade in Nexus and play Grand Theft Warstrider in the streets of Lookshy.

I was thinking something combat oriented, but more ninja-assassin style than Grog-Smash (which is covered admirably already :)). That said, I like sorcery too, so if no one else is interested I'd be happy to take up that mantle. Truth be told, there aren't a lot of concepts I haven't tried already, so I'm pretty flexible at this stage of development.

I'm going to suggest Scavenger Lands for two reasons.

1) Repeat of what Dave said.

2) I don't own the Scavenger Lands book in hardcopy and while I have the DriveThruRPG version, I don't tend to retain e-books in memory as well as I do others. (i.e. more mystery)

Scavenging is good. Puts us far enough away from the Realm that the game doesn't necessarily center around it, at least at first. Opens things up. Then we can decide what we want to do when there is a 'we.'

Do we want to start out with background connections, or shall we meet in the game?

I just glanced over Solar Circle Sorcery and it occurs to me that Essence 5 (and the accompanying Solar-ness), while attainable, would require all sorts of specializing and hyperfocusing to get.

Thinking rather than doing the underworld thing, which seems fairly niche imho, particularly if we're running around Creation kicking over hornets nests all the time, sorcery and crafting are my friend.

As such, looking at a few options at this point. Just keeping people up to date as my ideas fluctuate

[Re-posting so that I have it under the official game account, plus I added a name for the Smashfists and Reinforced Breastplate]

Birth Name: Large Gord

Titles: Big Guy, Simpleton
Place of Origin: The village of Saynak, in the North.
Height: 6'6
Weight: 247 lb.
Hair: Black
Eyes: Green

Motivation: "To have great fun and help people!"

Intimacies:

- Food and Drink (Love) 2

- Bullies (Despises) 2

- Great Fights (Enjoys) 2

Background: It was said that Large Gord was dropped on his head as a baby, and yet that did not stop the boy raised by his grandmother Nanna from growing, and growing and growing. He was, even by the standards of the coastline village Saynak, uneducated, and slow, which in time made comments of Large Gord an insult as much as pity. Still, Nanna was a loving guardian, teaching Gord herbal remedies, old tales of the spirits, and whatever else he could grasp. In return, he tirelessly cared for her and farmed and hunted for their survival.

But she was old... and eventually she passed onto her next incarnation. At that point, Gord had managed to pick up enough to discern the the villagers were being very unkind, and so he left, at last. Naturally, his brute labor was sufficient to get him coin as he moved along the North. He even got some time working on a ship in the Inland Sea trade, where a kindly quartermaster managed to teach him to read and write (horribly).

And then, one day in port, Gord heard people screaming, and a white-haired, crazy black-armored man cutting his way through the poor people. Gord, foolhardly or bravely, positioned himself of the deathknight's next victim - a young now orphaned girl - and told him to stop. The Rose of Ten Thousand Ages smirked and swung to cut down the stupid mortal.... and then Large Gord felt tingly, and sun-shiny... and powerful.

The Rose barely gaped at Large Gord catching his daiklave barehanded before Gord's other fist smashed into his pretty face. After a brief pulverizing of the Rose, Gord was surprised to find the people just as scared of him as the bad Rose. Hadn't Gord helped them?

And then the monks were getting up in his face, so Gord shoved them aside and headed out in disappointment. Over time, he saw... vision. Another Gord, telling him to get some nice weapons and armor that used to be his, in a big house-palace that was his. Maybe these big golden fist-gloves and armor would make people like him better.

Large Gord is a brave, though uncomplicated and slow soul. In many ways, he searches for entertainment, the thrills of combat, and (deep inside) comradeship as he makes his way through the world. Though he may not seem to have the ambition normally befitting a Solar, Gord is destined to perform deeds worthy of any Celestial Exalted (Monster-slaying, overthrowing local Realm rulers in the most direct fashions, hint, hint).

Appearance: Large Gord, as befits his name, is a mountain of a man, pale with a cropping of jet black hair and wearing rude clothing and furs.

Caste: Dawn
Anima Banner: A big massive pile of glowing rocks.

Attributes:
Strength 4, Dexterity 2, Stamina 5
Charisma 2, Manipulation 2, Appearance 2
Perception 4, Intelligence 1, Wits 2

Virtues: Compassion 2; Conviction 2; Temperance 2; Valor 3
Virtue Flaw: Foolhardy Contempt

Abilities:
Favored: Athletics, Awareness, Integrity, Resistance, Survival

Dawn- Archery, Martial Arts 4 (Fighting Unarmed +2), Melee 4, Thrown, War
Zenith- Integrity 2, Performance, Presence 2 (Intimidation +2), Resistance 3, Survival 2
Twilight- Craft, Investigation, Lore 1, Medicine 1, Occult 1
Night- Athletics 2, Awareness 3, Dodge 3, Larceny, Stealth
Eclipse- Bureaucracy, Linguistics 1 (Native: Skytongue, Riverspeak), Ride, Sail 1, Socialize

Backgrounds: Resources 1, Artifact 1 ("Hammerhands of Dai-Li" - Orichalcum Smashfists), Artifact 2 ("Breastplate of Dai-Li" - Orichalcum Reinforced Breastplate), Manse 3
Merits: Brutal Attack 4, Improved Resistance 2, Strong Back 3
Flaws: Diminished Attributes - Social 3

Charms: First Martial Arts Excellency, First Melee Excellency, Hungry Tiger Technique, Fire and Stones Strike, One Weapon Two Blows, Peony Blossom Attack, Dipping Swallow Defense, Bulwark Stance, Essence Gathering Temper, Ox-Body Technique x2
Solar Hero Style: Fists of Iron Technique, Sledgehammer Fist Punch, Dragon Coil Technique, Thunderclap Rush Attack

Join Battle: 5d10
Attack:
"Hammerhands of Dai-Li" - Orichalcum Smashfists:
- Strike: Speed 5, Accuracy 11, Damage 9B/2, DV 5, Rate 3, Tags: M,O
- Clinch: Speed 6, Accuracy 10, Damage 8B/2, DV -, Rate 2, Tags: C,M,O,P

Soak: 15B/13L/11A (Stamina: 5B/2L/0A) (Armor: 10B/11L/11A, Hardness: 9B/9L)
Health Levels: -0, -1, -1, -1, -1, -2, -2, -2, -2, -2, -2, -4, INC
Dodge DV: 3 (4 without mobility penalty), Willpower: 6
Essence: 2
Personal: 12, Peripheral: 20/29 [9 committed]

I could have sworn Backing meant you were part of the organization but cool beans, I'll run with it :)

At this point I'm looking at a mostly social character with a bit of sorcerous summoning power to make sure that if someone decides to get froggy and respond to "Join Debate" with "Join Battle" there's some dematerialized backup in the area.

~H

Remember guys, you don't need the perfect character, that's what EXP is for, to build you up later.

Also I'm considering using the Mandate of Heaven rules and, since you can't take over Creation without going to war from time to time the mass combat rules will be used from time to time. The Mandate of Heaven stuff really won't affect you as characters unless you run your own city or empire, but it'll keep you apprised of the political goings on in the Scavenger Lands.

Name: Kevere
Caste: Eclipse
Motivation: Bring Down The Immaculate Order

Attributes (8/6/4)
Str -oo , Dex -ooo , Sta -oo ,
Cha -oo , Man -ooooo , App -oooo ,
Per -ooo , Int -ooo , Wit -ooo ,

Abilities (28)

Caste Abilities
Bureaucracy, Linguistics, Ride, Sail, Socialize

Favored Abilties
Integrity, Presence, Performance, Investigation, Occult

Awareness 5,
Integrity 4, (+1 BP) = 5
Socialize 5,
Dodge 5
Martial Arts 1,
Presence 1, (+3 BP) = 4
Linguistics 1,
Investigation 3,
Lore 1

Occult 1

Performance 1

Backgrounds (7)
Manse 3 (+1, 2 BP) = 4 (Stone of Inhuman Beauty)
Resources 3
Cult 1

Charms (10)

Awareness
Surprise Anticipation Method

Dodge
Shadow Over Water
Seven Shadow Evasion (Flaw: Conviction)

Presence

First Presence Excellency

Irresistible Salesmans Spirit

Linguistics
Sagacious Reading of Intent

Socialize

First Socialize Excellency

Wise-Eyed Courtier Method
Taboo Inflicting Diatribe

Mastery of Small Manners

,, ,,

Virtues ( 5)
Compassion –ooo , Conviction –oo , Temperance -ooo , Valor -o ,
Virtue Flaw: Overindulgence (Temperance)

Essence (2)
Willpower 5 (+5 BP) = 10

Background as it stands so far (I don’t have a lot, I generally tend to start with generalities and let the backstory build from there):

A little over a year ago, Kevere was a citizen of the Realm. Living on the outer eastern portion of the Blessed Isle, he held fast and true to the ideals of the Immaculate Order. So much so that he had considered for a time joining the order proper, taking his vows and living the monastic life. Admittedly such a path was not completely (or even remotely) in line with where his own talents lie, being more oriented to the life of a Rake, a Scoundrel, or a Con Artist. He believed, then, that perhaps his skills would be best used in service to the Elemental Dragons, bringing those who had difficulty seeing the wisdom of the Dynasts into the light.

Up until the turn of the new year, Kevere had been a fervent supporter of the Order and all of its actions. He offered his not inconsiderable (for a mortal) resources to its agents when desired, particularly when the Wyld Hunt came through chasing the hated Anathema. Those men and women who through their releationships with demons, the undead, and far worse things had ground Creation under their feet until the Elemental Dragons and their Dynast champions finally had enough and took back Creation.

Then all at once, all that changed. Kevere had been asked to visit one of the threshold cities and while he was out there, the resident forest god, in direct defiance of its mandate, had been harassing the local populace. Kevere would find later that the request for help had been sent not long ago but there were simply not enough resources to dedicate yet another Dynast or Monk to the town. Kevere had been asked to visit in order to oversee a trade of goods and to ensure that his party got a fair of not leaning in their favor deal.

Seeing the plight of the town, he did what no “right thinking” man would ever do. He went into the forest and sought out the spirit that dwelled there. Initially the spirit believed him to be a sacrifice and was particularly shocked to find that this miserable human had come to parlay. The two went back and forth for a significant amount of time, the spirit more humoring him than anything else. Eventually they settled on what Kevere believed was a favorable arrangement and of course the spider found it laughable. In exchange for leaving a particular portion of the forest untouched and allowed to grow wild, the spirit would cease harassing the mortals and would do no harm to any who resided in the area. The spirit’s response to this pitiful mortal’s bargain was “Yeah, sure, whatever”.

When they shook hands, the spirit fully intending to murder and devour the miserable human, the world went sideways. As soon as their hands touched, the forest was illuminated for miles around and the spirit was no longer looking at a pitiful little human and instead a Chosen of the Unconquered Sun. Noticing the caste mark on his forehead, the spirit instinctively knew that he had just done something he would regret later on. Still, the spirit also knew well enough to not test the bounds of the deal.

Kevere himself in an instant learned just how horribly and terribly wrong he had been. The Solars were not deceivers and destroyers, they were kings, gods among men. The Solar Age was not one of pain and suffering, it was one of enlightenment and wonder. The Immaculate Order had lied to him. They had lied to everyone he knew. The spiritual foundation of the entire Realm was a deception. How dare they? This would not be allowed.

Coming to the present, Kevere is aware that he cannot single handedly dismantle the entire Immaculate Order, yet. However, fate has conspired to bring him together with some of his First Age incarnation’s belongings. It would seem that he was a Sorcerer of some skill in times past. He never would have thought it. He still hasn’t been back to the Blessed Isle and he doubts he will be going back any time soon. One thing he knows, though. When he does go back, odds are good that there will be a reckoning.

Step Three: Abilities

Note Caste Abilities.

Select Favored Abilities (5; may not be same as Caste Abilities).

Choose Abilities (28 - at least 10 must be from Caste or Favored Abilities; at least one must be in each Favored Ability; none may be higher than 3 without spending bonus points).

Where's his dot in Occult and Performance?

With none past 3 without bonus points I'm counting you spent 16 bonus points on abilities just raising them to 4's and 5's.

I think all in all you're at about 34 Bonus Points, nice work.

I'm having a hard time buying this guy was an Immaculate Monk, I think it's the wrong choice for him based on the way you describe him.

Where's his dot in Occult and Performance?

My bad, spaced on it. No worries, easily fixed once we resolve...

With none past 3 without bonus points I'm counting you spent 16 bonus points on abilities just raising them to 4's and 5's.

I think all in all you're at about 34 Bonus Points, nice work.

This is why I asked if we were using the Errata or not...

Scroll of Errata, pg 7
• Players may raise any of their character’s Abilities to five without spending bonus points.

I'm having a hard time buying this guy was an Immaculate Monk, I think it's the wrong choice for him based on the way you describe him.

So do I, and accordingly, he's not a monk. However, that doesn't mean he didn't consider it.

From the background:

"So much so that he had considered for a time joining the order proper, taking his vows and living the monastic life. Admittedly such a path was not completely (or even remotely) in line with where his own talents lie, being more oriented to the life of a Rake, a Scoundrel, or a Con Artist."

============================================

So I guess the question now is, are we using the errata?

Archived