Big Eyes, Small Mouth (BESM): Monster Academy - The Dragon and the Dryad

Kyradathea

Time Frame: Day before Classes: Chapter 8:New Beginings

Kyradathea moved around the new dorm rooms that she had moved into, ground level, with a opening on one side of the room that lead outside to the gardens, she had selected this room with careful consideration to her new roommate. It was somewhat more open then her old room, she was not entirely happy with that, but it was worth it for the ease of her dryad friend.. and it was good to have one of her friends so close to where she was keeping her horde.

Her many treasures, the horde that she had gathered over her youth was carefully piled up in her own bedroom, and it was quite a horde at this point, some of it gathered over the break and some of it from her christmas break, though not as much as it could be if she hadn’t spent so much time negotiating with the dryads.

Diplomacy was not something she was good at, but after her discussion with her father, and the fight with her sister, she knew that she had to be a bit more flexible. The Hina clan had reacted to her... proposal with considerable surprise, but the Elders had been thoughtful after a while.. and she had stayed with them quite a while to learn more of Yuuki’s people, even learning a good deal of basic knowledge of plants with the dryads... not to mention, trying to be a bit more controlled.

Classes would be starting tomorrow, but for now, she and Yuuki would have time to settle into their new rooms, and she expected to see the dryad at any point.

There was the faint murmer of voices outside the dormroom and then the click of a key in the lock as footfalls retreated down the hall.

The door opened to reveal Yuuki and her pile of luggage, the former in a simple red dress adorned in white trimmings and sporting a red ribbon atop her head like a blossom. She was Masked, unlike what the young dragoness would have seen in the Hina's place of power. She paused to offer a wave a down the hall, smiling faintly at a private joke, before going to prop the door open with a bag, green eyes searching for her new roomate.

Kyradathea turned from her moving about the rooms and her face brightened, despite any disagreements that they had back in her valley, she viewed the girl as very much hers to guard and protect, much like all of her friends. Also, she had a gift for the other girl, a package of a few dozen seeds that she thought Yuuki might be pleased to have.

"Greetings, Yuuki-san, a gift from a friend, from the mountains of the Dragon's domain, a few seeds of the rare fireflower and snowflower, as well as a few other seeds, a token of regard from your dragon friend." She put the package, which was in a brown bag in Yuki's hand, inside of which could be found the seeds of a number of plants from her mountains besides those rare two.

"My lair is though there, you have an invitation to enter as you please." She pointed to her room that had her horde in it, then gestured to the other door. "Your quarters are though there, and the door out to the garden is there."

Yuuki accepted the gift with a quick bow of her head. "Thank you, Kyra-Sempai," she answered, "I don't have some these."

She held up one of the snow flower seeds, holding a quick mental conversation with it, lips quirking, "I'm going to have to germinate these in the fridge. At least to start... These will prove interesting. Forgive me while I bring my things in from the hallway."

The young Dryad smiled, the usual polite expression express a shade more heartfelt than normal for a Hina. She went to start dragging her baggage inside the room, taking in the room and clearly liking what she was seeing.

"Allow me to assist." It was a startling vision, a dragon princess helping someone else with baggage, at least it would have been within the dragon domains, but Kyra had become a bit more adaptable then most of her kin, and she knew that she was vastly stronger then the dryad, easily able to lift and move things that she would have more trouble with.

"Feel free to make what alterations you want to make yourself comfortable, I've everything the way I want and need it within my own room, I arrived early and took this room cause I thought you would want to be close to the garden, right? " She paused, she was a bit uncertain, there was a another question she wanted to ask of the dryad, regarding the reaction of her elders, but it could wait.

"Yes. Thank you, Kyra-Sempai. All that is very helpful," the young Dryad answered, unzipping one of the heavier bags and revealing a quartet of pots packed with dirt and padded in water absorbant cloth. She lifted out the first and started unwrapping it on the counter with all the care of a mother for a sleeping child.

"A little bit of home security for when things get crazy again. These seeds are strong seeds. Loyal ones," she murmered, straightening to look the dragoness in the eye again, "But it looks like you have a question. Ask it."

"Your elders seemed a bit, taken aback when I came to your valley and made my proposal, all of you were quite resistant to some parts of it, matters which I, with some reluctance, yielded too, but was it truly that surprising to them, knowing the nature of a dragon?" She wasn't entirely sure about how Yuuki felt about the matter as a whole, she had been very resistant to at least one part of it, but that had been the part involving moving the tree which Kyra had allowed herself to be convinced was safer where it was.

Archived