Sign in to follow this  
Sean Cassidy

Cats! Hell yeah!

Caught this over on io9 - a mock-up animatic for a short story of Neil Gaiman's, called 'The Price'. Even as a mock-up instead of the finished product, I think I'd have paid to see this film. Gaiman's narration is perfect, and the expression in the simply drawn cat is amazing.

The Price - The Original Animatic from Christopher Salmon on Vimeo.

This is the animatic I created in 2006 which convinced author Neil Gaiman to grant me the rights to create a 3D CG animated film of his remarkable short story, "The Price." The intent of this animatic was to showcase my ability as a filmmaker and storyteller, and focused on creating an emotional template rather than to convey a visually cohesive style (which is occurring now in production with the coordinated help of artists, designers and digital sculptors).

lol...it was Diablo-esque, yes. I didn't really mind it, since the style of storytelling really kind of needed it to be monstrous looking.

But yeah, I could definitely see toning down that look a bit. It's not A devil, after all...it's THE Devil. A less derivative look would be good.