Big Eyes, Small Mouth (BESM): In the Shadows of the City - 4b Summoner and Shrinemaiden

Justin OOC

Tezara emerged, looked right at the scared human, and scowled. "That heartless Bitch." She drew her swords, and without further fanfare cut the terrified man down with a splatter of gore from blood drinker.

"Whatever comes out of the woods, if it's not one of us, cut it down, no matter what."

There was more rustling, and more screaming, all too human.

"It's called a Souleater. Foul nasty demons that devour the souls of their prey, and can regurgitate them as homunculi to do their bidding at will. They have all their memories and knowledge, but no free will."

Her eyes flashed angrily. "This going to be annoying."

Ayami's eyes were as large as dinner plates now and she stumbled and scrambled away from Tezra. Her eyes darted between the gore-spattered woman and Shinji, her sword between her and the incomprehensible things happening around her.

"How-...wha-...who?" My, she was eloquent tonight.

Shinji went pale too, stepping reflexively once back from Tezara before his mind reasserted itself. She was on his side, and he doubted she was wrong... oh god, he got the implications of what their host had done. "We'll deal with Sayoko later. Right now, the demon has to be dealt with or we're toast."

He swallowed and reached out a hand in offering to Ayami.

Tezara growled. "pull yourself together dammit, there's no telling how many more this thing's got." More humans came out, all feigning to be frightened and helpless and Tezara cut them down without blinking. More and more came from the forest.

She looked at them, several dozen now. "Crafty bitch. It's a matter of how much power we have." She held blooddrinker up, and looked to Shinji and Amara. "Don't look away, this won't be pretty, but this is the horror of the war we fight.."

She stabbed her sword into the ground as she chanted. "The Earth thirsts for the forbidden drink, slake her, my blood- Drenched Carpet!"

Like a well tended garden, hundreds of bladed vines rose from the ground, ensnaring and slaying all the human enemies at once in a near explosion of gore. With them now strung up, She growled. "Hearltess demon."

"It won't be able..." It was then they noticed the blade sticking through the front of her armor. It withdrew with a fountain of blood as she dropped to her knees.

"You spell users always seem to forget that moment of weakness."

From the shadows emerged a Man with glowing yellow eyes. Twin swords were in his hands, and he looked at Shinji and Ayami "You've brought me such wonderful morsels. Lay there as my toxins do their work, absorbed through all that blood you just took in." The figure moved past her, as she coughed up more blood.

"Come now children, let's see what you can do without you Servant. At least entertain me before I add your souls to the hundreds I slew the other night."

Discomfort and fear were Shinji's lot as Tezara did her grizzly work. But when the demon stabbed her, he shuddered... and then it turned to anger in his veins as he saw his friend and guardian downed in pain. "Oh... you bet. The last laugh of your life."

His necklace glowed blue, her's red, as he used his Contract to possess her magic for this fight. He raised Derflingr, and it glowed blue, and he sliced with a downward wave of blazing magic. "Starlight Cutter!"

OOC
HP: 235

EP: 91/185

DR: 3/3

Taking Tezara's magic using the necklace artifact.

Derflingr: Weapon 8 (Penetrating 1, Piercing 1, Multidimensional); Melee Attack 2 (Imbue); Melee Defense 3 (Imbue)

Using "Starlight Cutter" for 14 ep.

Combined effect: Weapon 14, Range 2, Accurate 3, Penetrating 7, Homing 3, Piercing 1, Multidimensional

Attack: Jeremy *rolls* 2d6: 5+1+12: 18

96 damage if it hits... if it misses by 3 or less, it will home in for a second attack next round.

Melee Defense 1: Jeremy *rolls* 2d6: 6+5+9: 20

Melee Defense 2: Jeremy *rolls* 2d6: 2+6+9: 17

Ayami's eyes managed to widen even farther as Tezra fell. Her reaction was instinctual, guided by her horror at witnessing all the death and destruction around her and not a little bit discombobulated since she reached out to the person that had been doing all the death and destruction. Her hair flashed around her, fading from black tresses into a pure white main as her power wrapped around the Shinji's demon protector.

"No!" she screamed, determined to save at least one life today.

Crunch Bits
HP: 150

EP: 150

Power Flux - Currently configured to Healing 10, restoring 100 HP to Tezra.

It was an amazing thing to see him use the Starlight cutter as he did, almost effortlessly hitting his foe, and then dancing out of harm's reach, barely, as the Demon attacked with it's own blades. "I don't know how you did that, but you won't do it again."

Meanwhile, Tezara was being healed by Ayami. "I didn't expect this, Ayami, thank you." The Servant began to rise, and pulled Ayami down and to her as she lashed out with her hand containing Aegis, cutting down the human minion that was about to grab her.

She was still weak, fighting the poison coursing through her.

(Shinji is up)

Shinji shook his head dismissively, though with the sweat glistening on his forehead, he did not entirely believe his own bravado yet. "Forged in fires of blood and passion I am the sharpened blade of War." He chanted, in preparation for the next clash. "Tempered in in battle's crucible, I am the steel that is strengthened."

"STARLIGHT CUTTER!" With the magic preturnaturally heightening his skills, the demon realized this youth was even more deadlier now.

OOC

EP: 71/185

DR: 3/3

Using "Starlight Cutter" for 14 ep, plus Sharpening the Blade for +3 Melee Attack and Strengthening the Steel for +3 Melee Defense, a total of 6 more ep spent for this round.

Combined effect with Derflinger: Weapon 14, Range 2, Accurate 3, Penetrating 7, Homing 3, Piercing 1, Multidimensional

Attack: Jeremy *rolls* 2d6: 4+6+15: 25

96 damage if it hits... if it misses by 3 or less, it will home in for a second attack next round.

Melee Defense 1: Jeremy *rolls* 2d6: 5+5+12: 22

Melee Defense 2: Jeremy *rolls* 2d6: 4+3+12: 19

The demon dodged, but not in the way one expected, he simply vanished into the shadows, the magical blade scything through several trees. Coming back around, and Then missing again When the Demon appeared then dodged back into the shadows. "Now now, I told you that wouldn't work." The monster's ability to dodge had skyrocketed, but at least there were no further attacks. There were however another dozen humans, crazed and terrified coming out of the woods now. "Here, party favors." The voice seemed to come from everywhere.

(Ayami is up.)

"Stopstopstopstopstopstop!" Ayami cried out, cowering against Tezra and slipping into total hysteria as more people came running out of the woods to be cut down by the strange woman. She was cowering on the ground, completely overwhelmed by the all-too-human opponents facing them.

Shinji could tell Ayami couldn't handle this, and he barely could either, but he knew they had no choice. It was this or everyone died... and Sayoko was to blame here. They needed to confront her when this was over. In the meantime, the demon and its puppets needed to go.

"The Earth thirsts for the forbidden drink, slake her, my blood- Drenched Carpet!"

OOC

EP: 49/185

DR: 1/3

Maintaining stats and then using Blood-Drenched Carpet.

Combined effect with Deflingr: Weapon 13 (Area 4, Selectable, Penetrating 4, Piercing 1, Multidimensional)

Attack: (After 2 DR rerolls) Jeremy *rolls* 2d6: 5+4+9: 18

71 damage if it hits, not including Ayami and Tezara in the AoE.

Melee Defense 1: Jeremy *rolls* 2d6: 6+6+12: 24

Melee Defense 2: Jeremy *rolls* 2d6: 1+1+12: 14

The Blood went everywhere again, splattering Tezara, and some even got on Ayami's clothing as she was mostly shielded from the poisonous ichor by Tezara. Still Ayami Saw Shinji use the spell.

At the other end of the battlefield the Demon had been hit, though not as severely as the human homunculi. "So tell me boy, If I kill your servant, do you still have access to her powers? Let's find out."

The demon seemed to Vanish and Tezara swore.

Ayami scrubbed at the blood and scrambled for her sword, some instinctual part of her brain prodding her to do something beside wail like a pre-teen. She had no idea exactly what she was going to do with the shining blade - she didn't even know where the demon was right then - but if she could focus on it, then she wouldn't have a see the mangled and bloody bodies surrounding her or deal with the people still screaming and racing towards them.

At least, not right this second.

Crunchy Bits
I don't know if I need to make a roll or anything, but Ayami is holding her sword again and looking around for the demon. She's keeping close to Tezra since it threatened her again.

The Demon paid utterly no mind to Ayami, She'd proven useless so far, someone to be devoured sure, but not the threat the Master and Servant were. "This farce ends now." He lunged in at Tezara who'd dropped Blood Drinker, and was surprised when her hands moved in opposite directions. The first, holding Aegis, Fended off his attacks mostly, with the edge cutting into one of her shoulders slightly, as her other arm reached out grabbing Ayamils and forcibly swinging her arm towards the demon, and the holy sword it contained. It wasn't perfect and what she'd probably intended as a killing strike was instead a deep wound that made the Demon Howl in rage even as Tezara pulled Ayami back and released her.

"You Bitch."

"The Light will always conquer the Shadow." She hated using Ayami like that, but she needed more time for forge another sword. The Demon backed away. "A holy sword.. I'll kill you for that you servile bitch."

(Shinji's up)

The demon had barely completed his angry bellow, before Shinji barreled into him, knocking the two away from the woman. The demon lithely rolled back onto his feet, and blocked Shinji's next slash. But then... a grinding sound.

The demon's eyes widened, as it realized Shinji's Derflingr was cutting through both of his swords, driven by the ferocity of the normally quiet and tempered boy. With a terrible crack, the blades separated from the hilts, and a blood stream followed the arc of Shinji's arm.

He staggered back, trying to reclaim his balance from the follow-through, but the demon was on the ground, still, eyes open in dead-on disbelief. Shinji turned and lurched over with concern returning to his face, to Ayami and Tezara. "Are you two alright?"

OOC

EP: 43/185

DR: 0/3

Maintaining stats.

Deflingr: Weapon 8 (Penetrating 1, Piercing 1, Multidimensional)

Attack: Jeremy *rolls* 2d6: 1+1+9: 11 (Crit fail, final reroll) Jeremy *rolls* 2d6: 6+6+9: 21

CRIT HIT (rerolled from a CRIT FAIL, log this for the record books folks)

92 damage if it hits.

Ayami flinched away from both of them, still sobbing and curled up on herself. After a bit of gentle (or not so gentle) prodding, she managed to shamble up to her feet and head back to the cabin. She didn't speak to either one of them and kept her arms wrapped around herself, bubbling sobs and tears as she made her way back.

Archived