A Song of Ice and Fire Roleplaying

quotemyname

I could be convinced to run it. Lord knows I know enough about the setting, though I'd need to brush up on the rules. Can you tell me what type of game he ran? I still haven't been able to wrap my head around what would work and what doesn't? Are you supposed to run a game that takes place in a city? Or traveling across the country side? Or are the characters supposed to be part of a mercenary group or gang of hedge knights or something? Should you have an over arching plot built in? Or should you let the players have their way with the world?

There's a lot to be discussed... :/

He's run two AGoT games with me, one TT and the abreviated one here on the boards. Each time, he ran it rather like a cross between the novels and a D&D adventure group: we had a large number of players in both games that all started out in different places and then had their stories start to intertwine. In the TT game, we effectively played an alternate story to written books (starting about four years before and going well past where the books have been written to and with lots of new material added in by him). The game on the boards was set.....a few years after the Usurper took the throne, so like twelve years or so before the books begin. The characters came from all sorts of backgrounds and wove in and out of each other stories. It was definitely not the traditional "spend all you time together killing stuff for loots" game, but a mercenary group wouldn't be out of place in the setting.

Mostly, I think it just depends on the level of complexity you think you can handle as an ST and what the players you gather are interested in in the setting. For myself, I love politics and grand sweeping stories. Hack 'n slash, not so much.

Archived