[Exalted] Into the Sargasso

Heaven's Reach ST

Kestrel stepped back into the room, nonchalantly zipping up the vacuum suit she no longer needed. Her head was swimming with new possibilities. This was in so many ways a game-changer, even if the immediate game was still the same.

Don't worry, she assured the sleeping symbiote. We'll finish what the other could not.

It was so refreshing to have an objective beyond simply surviving.

"Something wrong?" she asked Zed innocently. On spying the open weapons lockers she nodded. "Oh good, you've gotten started. Given the time crunch, it's probably a silly idea to do inventory here. Lets pack it all up and take it over to Voidswimmer. We can paw through the goods there. Keep at it, and I'll get some containers from the cargo bay."

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Something Wrong?" Riiiight.

Zed knew from experience when someone was acting overly innocent, it was frequently because they had something to hide. Usually because it was him doing the innocent bit, usually to burly people who wanted to arrest him, brutalize him, or both. Still, they were in potentially hostile territory in a mostly-unsecured area. Pressing the matter wouldn't accomplish much of anything.Considering that they were standing on a lifetime's fortune, chances were she'd simply grabbed a particularly neat gizmo or trinket or suitably valuable treasure and intended to not tell anyone about it. Hardly worth making a fuss.

,, ,,

'Sides, she can probably kick your ass, Zed. Thank you for that vote of confidence, Other Zed.

"Well, that sounds grand, but unless you've got some special magic for hauling away truly prodigious, uh, hauls, then we're not going to be able to get more than a piddling trifle of what we can carry.

"Or put into one of these crates here," he added absently, kicking the crate and suppressing a wince as his boot met the reinforced material comprising it.

Turning and gesturing at the weapon stand, he continued. "I call this stuff. It's jade, so it's, like, sub-optimal for you, right? Maybe that monk would like some, but I presume you looked at the officer's stuff already? What can we carry back to the 'Swimmer?"

As he spoke, the dumpy dragon-blood started to drop the suit of jade armor into the indicated crate and put other, smaller items into it as well.

"Let's get some stuff and maybe the manifest for this place if there's a hardcopy nearby, then head back. Our luck's held so far, but I don't feel like tempting fate too much more."

Attunement!
Attuning the Jade Starcaster for 5 motes of essence

Nova nodded. "Well once she realizes who I am, I hope she won't react poorly. Do whatever you need to do Dyna, to get her restored safely." He made the last of the connections at her direction, then set out to finish the debris removal. "priority is her safety, and getting the ships back to Headquarters safely along with their crews and cargo. I know I can trust you Dyna, you've never let me down."

He spared a moment to brush her shoulder slightly, even with the mailed fist of his battle armor, it had a gentle quality to it. It was a sign of his comfort, and complete trust that she could do what he asked without fail.

Space was dark and cold, Dyna thought to herself as she hooked up the last of the power relays, she wasn't aware of what was going on in the system at this point, that was the job of Sophia and Aletha, last indication she had from them was that the Lintha ship and the Empire ship appeared to be about to face off. Janos was over there, and she had to wonder a bit what he might be up too, though it was convenient for him to be covering for them this way.

Moving to one of the holes in the larger ship's hull, though she could see signs of repair, and the internal shielding, she touched her comm and sent for Dan to join them, it was time to walk up her aunt/cousin, one thought lost to the Consensus, it would be good to have her back. It would also be best, all things considered, that both herself and Dan be there, as a fellow Vara she her presence would keep things from getting out of hand.

Once both of them were at the stasis chamber, she activated the relay and woke the captain up, upon exiting the chamber, the other Vara looked at the those standing before her. "I am Captain of this ship, who are you, and why have you woken me?"

Zed and Kestel

As the two of them spoke, a suddenly power surge reached though the ship and then .. "This is the Voidswimmer, we are fully integrated and prepared to move as one, we are taking this entire ship back to Kether, from there we'll see where we go. There may be some power issues, brace yourselves."

Janos and Thaya

"Well, there is the Empire ship, a Battleship I see, big and dangerous, but this is no ordinary battle cruiser .. fire up the Demon Cannon's boys and girls, let's see if they really want a fight or not, they'd need more incentive." She glanced over at Janos. "Do you wish to be returned to your ship, or remain aboard as we comm them? Any messages you want to deliver, my Lord?"

Dan/Nova looked at her, and smiled a moment, before answering, his voice dropping somewhat. "I am Daniel Hawkins, Colonial Marshal and Captain of the starship Voidswimmer." His caste mark burned with the holy light of the rising dawn, the first true light She had seen since waking, warm, and vaguely familiar.

"I possess the Exaltation of Grand Fleet Admiral Nova Corona, The Radiance of the Solar Blaze. I know you, my old friend, and none can be happier than I that you live."

He gestured to Dyna. "My comrade and most trusted friend is Exquisite Dynamic Synergy, Someone quite like you." The voice he used sounded very much like Nova's voice, and He hoped that this was the right choice, going this route. He knew reviving her was for the best.

The Vara considered for a long moment, looking at Dan for a minute, then her body language softended "How many rebirths is it now, old friend, haven't you gotten tired of that old song and game yet? Her tone was somewhat jovial as she walked out and looked around, then began to call up a damage report in her display then paused a moment.

"Engines are online, but what is providing power?"

"Our ship is presently magnetized to your upper hull and power relays providing energy to yours... Kinasidr" Dyna responsed caused a start in the other Vara present and looked at her a bit more closely.

"You are claiming that degree of kinship, I did not realize.. but the consensus confirms." She shook her head.. "To much time has passed, if that is the case, the shape of the galaxy must be quite.. different. There is much to learn, we must move to the bridge if everyone is to be prepared for transport.. with your permission, Captain, I shall now broadcast to both ships."

Once granted permission, a broadcast over all speakers would be heard on both ships, including the armory where Zed and Kestrel were at.

"This the Captain of the Nobel Endeavor speaking, all exalts report to the bridge of the ship you are on immediately, crew report to stations, we are prepared to move."

Janos

Meanwhile, Thaya seemed fairly confident as they moved toward the empire ship, her weapons hot. "Here's the plan, if they want a fight, we give it to them, we'll hit their right side and ram them to begin boarding action.. though we'll comm them to see if they really want a fight or not.." She glances over at Janos again. "You have anything you wish to add, my Lord?"

"A direct assault is inadvisable with what we have available. At best, even with a boarding party we stand approximately a 50% chance of victory, presuming that the ship is fully crewed. Not acceptable odds given that the ship itself is purely mundane without Artifact integration. Hold position where we and wait for my instruction."

As he spoke, he accessed the still mechanical aspects of his own hellstrider and the Lintha ship's commmunications relays, splicing his own encryption into it. The Empire would be hard pressed to crack that signal without Solar assistance, and he was all but certain that no Solars were onboard that ship. His first communication was not, however, to the Empire at all. It was to the Voidswimmer. Well, a certain member of the Voidswimmer's crew, his Neomah cohort, freshly spawned into this reality and hard coded to serve Janos to the fullest.

"Demon, patch me through to Captain Hawkins"

The demon naturally obeyed and forwarded on the communication. When using Star Marshall equipment designed to connect from one individual to another, communication was just short of being children's work.

"Captain Hawkins, this is Janos Tem. I imagine at this point you have noticed the Empire's cruiser is simply idling. I wonder, how badly do you want to bloody their royal noses? Get back to me via communicator." Cutting the transmission, he opened his own communicator to being able to receive signal. Janos's location, if investigated, would show him as being on the bridge of the Lintha ship.

"Now..." he addressed the officers onboard the Lintha vessel. "Raise the Imperials"

Kestrel looked up at the announcement, and clucked her tongue against the roof of her mouth.

"Good news and bad news. The good news is that the manifest'll be on the main computer, which we can bring up from the bridge. Bad news is that the looting is over. Grab what you can carry, and lets get up there."

She follows her own advice, grabbing a couple of the weapons from the pedestal the Celestial gear had been on, and heading out the door.

"Kestrel here," she informs Dan over the communications, "Me and Zed are on our way there."

Once granted permission, a broadcast over all speakers would be heard on both ships, including the armory where Zed and Kestrel were at.

"This the Captain of the Nobel Endeavor speaking, all exalts report to the bridge of the ship you are on immediately, crew report to stations, we are prepared to move."

,, ,, ,,

Zed considered it a victory that his bowels stayed firmly clenched as the blaring announcement came from out of nowhere, startling the ugly dragon-blood out of the reverie brought on by the fortune of Jade weaponry suddenly at his disposal. Stopping for a moment to ensure that he hadn't soiled himself in panic, looked around, trying to resume a sense of nonchalance.

"You ah... you think they mean like... don't return to the 'Swimmer?"

,, ,, ,,

Kestrel looked up at the announcement, and clucked her tongue against the roof of her mouth.

"Good news and bad news. The good news is that the manifest'll be on the main computer, which we can bring up from the bridge. Bad news is that the looting is over. Grab what you can carry, and lets get up there."

She follows her own advice, grabbing a couple of the weapons from the pedestal the Celestial gear had been on, and heading out the door.

"Kestrel here," she informs Dan over the communications, "Me and Zed are on our way there."

Ever get the feeling your participation in a conversation is completely superfluous, Other Zed? Sorry, did you say something? I hate you so much.

It occasionally occurred to him that talking to himself as though he had a disassociated personality probably wasn't the healthiest expression of exasperation, but when he spent his days surrounded by nigh-invulnerable celestial exalts, it seemed prudent to keep his thoughts to himself.

"Zed here," he said into the communicator as he fell into line behind Kestrel. "Uh. What Kestrel said."

She glanced back at him and grinned.

"Sounded pretty specific about which ship's bridge to go to. Besides, if this ship gets powered up, it outguns Voidswimmer by quite a bit. This is not a bad place to be if there's trouble."

Dan nodded at the announcement and smiled when Kestrel called in. "Sounds like those two found what they were looking for." He called up a secure com to Janos. "Janos this is Captain Hawkins, I do not wish to engage them at all if possible. Mission is beyond successful, we are preparing to leave. What is your status?"

Janos tapped his communicator, which in turn was broadcasting directly into his ear.

"Currently deciding whether or not it would be beneficial to capture an Imperial Battlecruiser. At present I am capable of doing it though the chance of failure is unacceptable."

"Then don't. "When they realize what they've lost they'll be mad enough. Keep their attention until we leave if possible, and then jump away. We're heading home, and somehow I don't think you'll want to follow straight away."

He scanned a star chart, finding a star near where he was planning to go. "There are asteroid fields in the Indicass System, you may wish to await us there, unless you can acquire some proper IFF transponder codes."

Indicass was a Freehold world, Everything was available there, for a price. Missions there resembled bounty hunter style missions than arrests, it was a place no one would ever expect a Marshal to show up, without alot of backup. And he knew from experience, the Lintha wouldn't get fired upon right away there.

Janos

As Dan responded to his query, Thaya stood in the middle of the bridge and on the communications display another bridge appeared, and a woman in jade armor with a captain's insignia was displayed on the other side. Before she could speak, Thaya spoke up, and her words were direct and too the point. "Greetings, I am Captain Thaya Seras, I see you have come prepared for battle, but if you attempt to pursue that possiblity, we shall ram you, and we'll see if you can deal with a boarding party."

Noble Endeavor

Once everyone arrived at the bridge, the ship's captain gave them her greetings. "Welcome aboard, the Noble Endeavor is presently undermanned, and therefor not at full capacity, but both ships are now joined, we shall merge our anima banner with your ships and jump shortly, until that point, my request is that you each take a station and assist in getting underway.. if someone will take helm and navigation, someone else to take weapons and defenses, and another of you to take scanners, we'll at least be able to run the necessary systems if things get out of hand."

She glanced at the gear that both of them had collected from the armory and then smiled slightly. "Also, feel free to collect any equipment that you might find useful from the armory, in honor of my ancient friend Nova Corona and as part of my thanks for the rescue of my ship and myself."

Nova nodded, Moving quickly to take a seat at the Weapons and point defense systems terminal, bringing what he could online, without influencing the ships' preparation to jump. It was far from defenseless, and outgunned The Voidswimmer by several magnitudes. "Weapons and Tactical online and ready, though we have limited power, I'd estimate less than a quarter of our systems can be used at the moment."

Kestrel nodded in acknowledgement of her 'salvage operations' with a bright, unrepentent grin and hopped lightly into the sensor ops chair. She'd already used the ship's archaic systems, so bringing the displays up wasn't too challenging. Interpreting that data would be trickier...but she was pretty confident she was up to the task.

"Assuming this big thing here is the battlecruiser...and that's the pirate ship...ah, I see...yes. I have distance and bearing to hostile vessels. Both have powered weapons and defenses, though they're currently targeting each other. That may change though. They aren't going to miss this thing's anima banner once it fires to full."

She nodded at Hawkins. "Feeding sensor locks to tactical."

Wonder if we get new insignias or something

Showing more confidence than he really felt, Zed ambled over to the communications and started to tap a few keys in the hopes of figuring out how to start monitoring transmissions. With his trademark oafish grin, he scanned the other inhabitants of the bridge.

"Say the word, Cap'n"

Noble Endeavor

With the various command stations being maned, the Vara captain moved to the command seat and dozens of mechanical tentacles extended from her body to directly integrate with the ship, and let her access some of the controls directly though her thoughts.. of course, speed of thought couldn't cover all of the fuctions of a ship this size, which was why a crew was needed.. and in this case, it was an extreme skeleton crew.. "Engage the field... integration begining, all stations prepare for transport." She glanced at Dan a moment. "You want to bring your missing crew member aboard, or shall we pick him up later?"

,, ,,

Janos

The captain on the other side of the screen showed the clear signs of fire aspect as she returned the look that Thaya was giving her, but at the very moment she was about to respond, when at that moment the Anima field of the two integrated ships activated, leaving the opposing captain a concern that she might be outnumbered. "I am Captain of the Stellar Flame, and I am empowered to see to the empire's interests here.. but if you leave the system at once, we shall let bygones be bygones."

Janos's expression was not emotional. There as no offense, no indignation, no anything, really. If anything, his evenly tempered expression was one of absolute certainty and a quiet confidence.

"Captain of the Stellar Flame. Terrestrial Exalt of Fire. I respect your bravado, you are well suited to your aspect. You are however, misunderstanding the situation that you find yourself in. You are empowered to see to the Empire's interests here, true. However, you dramatically overestimate your importance as well as the Empire's investment in your own well being. Your ship is impressive, but mundane. Suited more to a mortal captain of skill and talent than to a Chosen of any kind, even a Terrestrial one. I wonder what you have done to offend your masters so.

I make a counter offer. Two options, and further options will not be heard. The first option is that you will depart the system immediately. You are outnumbered numerically, mystically, and you are facing those whose essences are orders of magnitude more potent than your own. We will be leaving when we are good and ready and no amount of posturing with your antiquated metal coffin will change that.. Go back to your masters and see what other scraps they are willing to throw at you.

The second option is that you send your captain and an appropriate entourage by shuttle craft to our ship to accept the terms of your vessel's surrender and in the interest of full disclosure, discussion of how better to put the talents of a Chosen of Fire and his loyal crewmen to a task worthy of their efforts. Decide."

Channelling Temperance into a social attack, using Cecelyne excellency or SWLIHN excellency as necessary.

Nova shook his head. "He will meet us later, I sent him rendevous coordinates, as I don't want to jump home with this ship, and his seemingly newly acquired Lintha Raider. The Marshals would likely react poorly, as we tend to hunt the Lintha. The Empire will probably pursue too, now that they've noticed us."

He looked at her. "We are Ready to jump Captain, we await your word."

• 2 weeks later...

"The Empire?" The newly awakened captain asked, giving an indication of how much she had missed over the last millennium, then she shook her head slightly, setting the question aside. "A question for another time, clearly I shall need to spend some time getting up to date, and I should spend some time with my people after being away for so long. In any case, engage the jump drive on my mark..." She lifted her right hand.. "Mark." At that point, the linked starships blurred, then vanished in a flash of multicolored light.

Meanwhile, as the captain of the imperial ship listened to Janos ultimatum then she smiled and it wasn't a happy smile, more of a dangerous one. "I don't care who you are, even if you one of the Incarna themselves, If you decide to carry though with your threat, and manage to ram and board my ship, I will activate this ships self destruct system.. and we shall see where matters fall out from there, you certainly won't be going anywhere until you manage to find a way out of this system without a starship should I manage to take you with me. So, either withdraw, or attack, I will hear no other words from you.. close comm's." With that, the comm connection cut off, leaving the next action up to Janos and Thaya.

The captain spent willpower to shake off Janos social attack, and cut off communications to keep him from being able to do anything further along those lines, if she is bluffing or meant what she said, you'll have to take a chance and find out.,, or not, Thaya's ship does have anima circuits, so you can jump away here also.

As for the rest of you, your now in warp space again, there is a low chance of encountering something similar to last time, but it's not all that likely at this point.

Janos observed the other ships leaving the system, and similarly considered his options regarding the battle cruiser. To fight or not to fight. The probability of successful boarding and capture of the ship was roughly 50 - 60 percent, though if the Fire aspect was serious, and they commonly were when it came to unreasonable threats, then in order to prevent the destruction of both ships it would require rapid movement and rushed action. The sort of thing that resulted in stupid mistakes and careless errors. These were not how he operated. There would be quick, clean, precise action, or there would be no action at all.

Janos closed his eyes in quiet concentration and spent a mote to activate the early stages of his Anima display, the hourglass of Cecelyne and a faint glow. Opening his eyes, he cut off any who would have interrupted him.

:"We will meet again, Captain. Navigator, set a course for the following coordinates. Once there, I will give you a second set of coordinates. We are leaving. No sense in letting this riff raff follow us."

The first set of coordinates were a backwater system known to be formerly controlled by a band of outlaws. Janos personally knew through his own knowledge of the worlds surrounding him that they were now long defunct, but perhaps the Empire did not. The second set was to the system Captain Hawkins had given him, Janos was unaware of what the Captain wanted to accomplish with his vessel, but he had a few ideas. If the Captain intended to take his vessel from him, he had another thing coming. Similarly, he wondered how much this would elevate him in the eyes of his "peers". He had grown weary of their sneers and jeers long ago.

How long would they continue, he wondered, now that he had his own vessel.

• 2 weeks later...

Interlude

Cold and Darkness, to mortal eyes, this was the natural state of the void between the stars, and for the one who was watching, it was how things should be, as he responded to the contact from the starship in the system.

"My Lord, the enemy and the Marshal's have retreated from the star system, it appears that the marshal's have found and taken a star ship from the time of the solar dynasties, we can continue to scan the system, but the greatest prize has been lost it seems."

He frowned. "No, move on, we shall move to intercept in Kry'sta'tor, that should be their next destination.. the Empire must prevail, further resources will be put in your disposal Captain."

Meanwhile

Within a short time the joined starships returned to Kether Rock, and the Marshal's were suprised but gratified for the arrival of the artifact vessel, as well as it's captain, the Vara Ambassador to the Star Marshal's was particularly excited. Of greater concern was the ship and crew that Janos brought back with him, a second infernal of such questionable origins, even one loyal to Janos made most folks rather nervious, and a ship with demon tech was somewhat of a concern as well.

Marshal Dren however, had something else for the exalts when they returned. "Welcome back, I see you were somewhat successful in your endeavors, but we need to get you folks back out on the space lanes within a month, however, we also need to get you some serious training.. I've pulled some strings with regards to a very special location within the Celestial Mountain, a place where time is folded back so that one day becomes five, we will refit your ship, do some upgrades and then send you back out in a month, Kry'sta'tor will need to be your next target as best we can see matters will come to a head there, we believe based on forecasting, that you will need to be on the planet at some time in this matter. Please, gentlemen, ladies, follow me."

As soon as everyone was willing, he brought them to a shimmering gateway in the space station and from there onto the Celestial Mountain, which went up and and up and and up, a huge massive location within subspace, high above upon the peak lived the Incarna, and those closest to them in power among the Material Intelligences, beings of every shape, form and color moved along the mountain and the Sidereal exalts were the most active in this place... about a 5th of the way up the mountain, was a rather lovely manse -

The Celestial Garden of Meditation - This rank 5 manse is bigger on the inside then on the outside, and appears quite beautiful, it is devoted to meditation and training and is a Celestial Manse

kcsf.jpg

End of this Arc - XP has been updated - Raise Essence to 4 now

One Month of Training time compressed to 5 is enough to raise essence to 4.. and give you some time (About 2 months) for training up other abilities and charms.. an update what your purchasing with your would be appreciated.. you have until Friday (the 19th).. on the 20th (Saturday) I will make my next post, which will involve you arriving in the next system, and a new thread... you may write a training montage in this thread if you like, I'd going to start making deadlines, for me mostly, so that folks know what to expect, but also to let folks know how much time they have to post.

If I get everything from folks before the 19th.. I'll my make next post the day after I get xp updates.

Elsewhere

The training that the Marshals had made available was valuable, but not so valuable as to give Janos reason to stay there the full term. Certainly he would take advantage of their libraries and training facilities, but when push came to shove, his focus was not on any particular set of skills, but more opening up to the Sorcerous Enlightenment of the Endless Desert. He instead simply drifted. At the edge of the universe, with periodic flares of his essence, he contemplated the vastness of space past its own edge. The Shrieking Hordes, bane to all who would traverse the stars past the range of the Canals, remained safely out of range, leaving him in this patch of pure, unshaped chaos to ponder what had transpired and to consider what would transpire soon.

Strange, he considered, that the Enlightenment of Cecelyne was all but necessary when constructing a perfected hierarchy. There seemed to be a gap in the logic here. Similarly, what good would a perfect hierarchy be without a leader? After all, the Descending Hierarchy itself focused primarily on the presence and puissance of leaders and leadership was not in the portfolio of She Who Lives In Her Name. It was more geared towards Malfeas, or Theion as he was once known.

This was not the first time that Janos had considered the blurred lines of distinction between the Yozis. It was through focusing on the shared aspects of Cecelyne and the Whispering Flame that he was able to push his skills as an artificier to the next level. Similarly, it was through a combination of Malfeas' dominance and command and the Principle of Hierarchy's order and demand for rigid stasis that he was able to do what he was doing currently. The brilliant emerald wings that appeared around him periodically and defended him proactively from the ravages of Wyld Space resulted from a blending of principles and theories. It was something worth looking into further.

Simultaneously, as he looked out over the formless mass, he did not see it as it was, he envisioned what it could be. When one was granted the authority to shape entire sections of chaos into whatever vision he could think of, the constant ideal of creating the perfect society and most efficient and productive convergence of ideas and theories into finished products. In the short time he was allotted, in the spirit of efficiency and correctness, he had set his Temple Manse to work on the creation of an artifact. (What? Did someone think that a Chosen of She Who Invented Efficiency would simply be out in space lollygagging?). In ancient times there was a device used by certain members of the Solar Deliberative known as the Hand of the Great Maker. Through the mad genius and enlightenment gained through the combination of principles, Janos had conceived of one of his own. After all, however warped and twisted it may be, his own Essence was the same Essence that was required to fuel a Hand, it simply needed an adjustment. Once the processes were aligned, he set the Cathedral systems to work.

Meanwhile, as he drifted in space, Janos prepared to set about the second half of his plan. The construction of one of the most insanely powerful and potentially destructive items ever conceived by any mind, Exalted or otherwise. A concentrated piece of Wyld Space compressed into a small bead roughly the size of a typical Hearthstone. A Protoshinmaic Vortex, once inset into a Hand of the Great Maker, would truly unlock the reality sculpting capabilities of a Chosen. Not to mention if it came to it, such devices made phenomenal weapons, creating destruction on a scale lesser minds would not, could not, and should not fathom.

Janos hoped that it would not come to that.

Crafting Mechanics and Timeline

If allowed, he would attune himself to one of the lesser manses on the Celestial Mountain. Doesn't want a Hearthstone or anything, just wants the link for purposes of the Gate of Silver Mist to make getting around easier.

Janos sets the Hand of the Great Maker's construction in motion before entering the Celestial Manse, giving it a month to work. The Hand of the Great Maker is a 3 dot artifact, easily able to be constructed within the allotted month, frankly with time to spare. Which he uses thusly

After spending time in the Manse and learning his sorceries as well as the power of certain Heretical charms, Janos collects his completed artifact, insets it with the Deterministic Orb and sets out into the Wyld through the Otherworld Gate and sets to work on the Protoshinmaic Vortex (Lords of Creation, pg 116)

Wyld Shaping:

Dropping his attunement to the Radiant Avatar of Succor and leaving it behind, he has 20 motes committed; 10 to Mind Hand and 10 to the Gate of Silver Mist, 6m and 1 wp to Emerald Angel Unfurling (the Infernal Analog to Chaos-Repelling Pattern), leaving 47 of his 73 essence available for shaping.

Experimental Acceleration Technique means that he can shape 6x as fast as normal, and Constructive Convergence of Principles (Wyld Shaping) costs 20m and 1 wp to activate for 5 hrs. (leaving 27 available for other things.

Janos's shaping roll is 14, +4 per roll from SWLIHN Excellency = 18. Deterministic Orb sets it to 9 successes.

54 successes in 5 hours.

Over the course of 5 hours, Essence from Cult and the Manse refills him. At which point he continues his shaping.

To get the requisite 250 successes to craft a Protoshinmaic Vortex, it would take Janos 25 hours of Wyld Shaping (or a full day)

If allowed another 5 hours, Janos would bank the increased limit of 30 successes in the Hand before calling it a day, heading back to his throneworld, and Rendezvous-ing with the Voidswimmer

Archived