[Heaven's Reach] What Is Will Be No More...

Janos Tem

When: Closer to the end of the 2 Week Period of Downtime

Where: Janos's Throne World

Construction had been reduced to a skeleton crew, the minimum necessary amount of staff and workers necessary to maintain efficient progress. The demons themselves had been pulled from their tasks, leaving the mortal attendants to ensure that the process ran smoothly. Janos himself was clad from head to foot in a utilitarian white garb similar to that of a monk. Pristine, crisp, without a single wrinkle or mar on the purity of its color.

Surrounded by a geometric design of unfathomable complexity, designed by one whose understanding of the occult and supernatural world eclipsed even the most gifted mortal scholars, Janos sat cross-legged before an elliptical bowl, a low, scentless substance burning inside it.

"Octavian, Living Tower of Malfeas, I call upon you in your greatness to ask for a blessing from our mutual Lady. In days I will be setting out to cleanse this realm of a number of individuals whose presence and activities of defiance and disorder are Anathema to Holy Hierarchy. The Lintha, blessed and favored by Kimbery as they are, are in violation. They do not seek to create a new order, they do not understand the trappings and underpinnings of the current. They only understand disruption, chaos, and wasteful action. For this, and for their obstruction of my work to spread Order and reason throughout the worlds, they are to be destroyed.

"I tell you this, Quarter Prince, for your desire to spread an empire unrivalled in all of history is most similar to my own, and because in the end we owe our glory to the Principle of Hierarchy. With your achievements and your position it is only right that I ask you for Her blessing as it would not be proper were I to petition the Ravine of Whispers or dare to ask for Her grace directly"

--------------------

Prayer Mechanics

Prayer Dice Pool:

Charisma(2) + Performance 0 = 2

+1 (SWLIHN Excellency)

+4 (Willpower to Channel Conviction) = 5, 3 successes

1 Res 4 sacrifice, 1 Res 5, and 1 Resources 6 (Wealth 4) (Res 4 to Octavian, supplemented with 1 Essence 1, blood sacrifice, Res 5 to Munaxes -- Octavian's Oversoul -- , Res 6 to SWLIHN)

+1 Autosuccess from Temple Manse

+1 Autosuccess from Willpower Spend

5 Successes Total,

Notes about Temple Manse:

Players receive one free bonus success on any roll for prayers issued to the deity from within the manse’s consecrated walls. Furthermore, if a priest of the appropriate god makes a Resources 5 sacrifi ce—or sacrifi ces something otherwise priceless and powerful—the god receives a great boon: concentrated ambrosia in the shape of the sacrifi ce. This is often enough to provoke a response even from the Celestial Incarnae, who might provide a moment of wisdom or token blessing.

Also worth noting:

Influence (Pyrian Demons) 1

Backing (She Who Lives In Her Name) 5

Archived