[Heaven's Reach] Pints and Tales

Sun Kai

Well, most of the duties so far were off his back. The Voidswimmer was due to leave port, but not yet. Training in the dojo finished.

So why not get a pint? Sun Kai tipped back a watered down glass of wine in a bar closer to the docks, and let the feel of it roll over his tongue.

Interesting crew. Janos... not so bad so far, though the jury would be out on him still. Karen - a worthy partner in sparring, certainly passionate... perhaps too much so. The captain a reasonably balanced sort.

All in all, things were well enough before the hazards of war beckoned. Bloodshed never was pretty or good, no matter to thrust away a tyrant or murderous bandits eliminated.

Necessary, but quite sad.

This lounge was reserved solely for Marshals, one of the very few with this distinction. In a way it was where Dan came to find solitude. A quick survey found a familiar face, and he knew that it would not be so tonight. Politics, horsetrading, The marshals had all these, and it was off the books. It was done here, away from the eyes of Command, though it wasn't someplace unknown to those in charge, they too had gone through the same doors, and remembered their own deals made over drinks, many made here.

Still, as he saw his newDragonblooded crew member, Dan nodded, carrying his own drink. "I'm not that surprised to find you here of all places, Sun Kai." The captain nodded. "Mind if I drink with you?"

"Of course, Captain." Kai remarked as he glanced at Dan Hawkins, a minor grin quirking on his face. He shifted over a seat to make a space for Dan. "I suppose it makes sense you'd be here too. Making any agreements here before we leave port?"

Mostly finding out what's not in the logs on the Lintha, trying to find us a good place to start. Officially our mission is a patrol near Lintha hotspots, and I've been talking with those who've tangled with them before and kept their ships and crews intact."

He sighed. "There aren't as many in either category as I'd like."

Archived