Taking a break

Joani

• 1 month later...

So it's not quiet end of October, I overshot by 2 weeks - sorry about that.

What's going on? I've been thinking a lot about returning to the site and picking up where I left and found myself lacking much motivation to do so. Additionally my ability to login during work hours has been greatly diminished, if not almost entirely impossible.

Since the site was sort of an escape for me from everyday workstuff and changes made at our network I can't really maintain the desired attention to the games like I wished I could.

But I can't quit either, because I love you all so much.

Unfortunately I have to quit SR. I can't run a game with minimum airtime, that simply won't cut it for me and most of all for you guys.

I want to continue playing in Magisterium and should Dawn still plan to End DR one way or another, I'd be game for that, too.

It's hard to tell how the state of the other games are which I wanted to participate in, since some have just started and then something else got announced and while that was still in recruitment, yet something else was announced again.

If AHD is still up there I'd be around to post assuming it goes as slow as it did when I left. I will need some time to see which games I can support and which run too fast for me to provide any reasonable substance.

Aside from all this, there are good news, too. My wife has finally got her dream job after 10 painful years with the same employer I'm still working for - she hated it. I like my job - I guess it's a win-win situation for us. Everyone is healthy and prospering (talking about my kids) and I'm trying to avoid burnout in the next few weeks until this year is finally over. 2012 has been... rough.

I'm not gone, but I won't be around much either. Sorry about that. I hope you'll all understand.

Archived