[OpNet] To Vixen's Friends:

Mitch Lang

Hi. My name's Mitchell Lang. I'm the husband of Roxanne Richardson, whom you all probably know as the Vixen. I'm afraid I have some bad news for everyone.

As she was getting off of work yesterday, Roxanne and her sister Nicole were shot at by a sniper. Roxanne received the worst of it, the bullet going through her lung and her ribs - however, the fact that the bullet went through Roxanne, coupled with the fact that even dormed, a nova is slightly resilient to lethal trauma, means that the bullet only broke the skin and bruised a rib in Nicole. Roxanne stopped the assailant and he was arrested - both Nicole and Roxanne are in the hospital now. Roxanne's ribs have had to be re-set and her lung reinflated, but she looks like she'll pull through.

I was also attacked in our home, but I managed to subdue the attacker. Roxanne's parents were attacked as they were leaving a movie, and they were killed by a car bomb. Roxanne has been doped on nova-strength tranquilizers while they operated on her, so I haven't yet told her. Nicole isn't taking it well.

Their attackers appear to be affiliated with the local sect of the Church of Michael Archangel. They are claiming a campaign of "righteous vengeance" for the death of one of their own at supposedly nova hands. I see by perusing the board that Chloe, AKA Sylvan, had an ordeal as well. I know if Roxy were up and around she'd be willing to help Sylvan - but in the meantime I am assisting the police in their investigations.

Any well-wishes and notes of sympathy for Nicole or Roxanne can be sent to me - I will forward any I receive to them.

A special note to Waki - it's unlikely that she'll be able to do follow-up sessions with you for the foreseeable future. She'll be in touch for when, or if, she can set them up in the future.

Funeral services for the departed are scheduled for two weeks from now - they wish to wait until Roxanne and Nicole are able to attend. Anyone who wishes to be invited may contact me in this thread, and I will pass the information along to Roxanne. Having read through the board's threads, I have to state up front: you need to show up in black formal wear, and if you can't make it through the funeral and the wake without a) violence or B) sex, don't bother.

That's it for now. Best wishes.

Mr Lang,

Please accept my sincere condolences for your family's loss. I am as sorry for the loss of Vixen's parents as I am glad that she, you, and her sister survived.

I would very much like to attend the funeral; sometimes it is too easy for novas to forget that our parents, who love and cherish us for the most part, are human. The fact that Vixen is as well-balanced and moral as she is reputed to be is in no small part due to the impact of a doubtlessly loving and supportive home life.

Please, convey my regards and good wishes to Vixen and Nicole. I will not be coming to the funeral: not because I don't want to, but because at present, it would be a thoughtless and unwelcome action. Though I wouldn't come with sex and violence on my mind, I cannot speak for others who may see this solemn occasion as an opportunity. I would not risk the cheapening of your family's memorial service thus.

Best Wishes and again, my sincere condolences.

- Procyon

Vixen: I have made no secret about disagreeing with many of your choices as have been described on these boards over the past year and more. None of that comes to bear today, however. The loss of family is a heavy one, regardless of philosophical bent, and you have my condolences.

That being said, these actions by CoMA are an indicator of a change in the tactics by, and quite likely a change of fortune for, said organization. This particular cell at least is showing a willingness to kill baselines, so long as said baselines are associated with someone of the One Race. In doing so, I believe that CoMA - or at least, this cell - has made a rather drastic mistake. Much of the goodwill said organization garners has been by their claim of killing 'demons', not people... and that goodwill is about to disappear with this expansion of targets.

Quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Zero:

To everyone else,

I believe it is time this is dealt with in as permanent a fashion as possible.

Zero
I agree completely with you on this. CoMa has went to far and I for one will no longer sit back. This is an open call for those that agree with me to join forces and strike back at these baselines that dare to challenge us.

Dr. Lang, if I can be of assistance, please let me know. I would be honored to consult with Roxanne's and Nicole's physicians.

Personally, we should grieve for those who have died before their time. I don't think killing other people's mothers and fathers is the answer. Let the police do their jobs, while we offer whatever assistance we can to the Richardson/Lang families and the authorities.

We do Vixen truer service if we work with the authorities rather than working at cross-purposes to them.

"Let the police do their jobs..."

You really are a hopeless optimist, aren't you? The police. Really. Outside of your father and a handful of other novas that permit themselves to be used - badly - by baseline authorities, the police are unlikely to offer any real hope. No, the task of dealing with these Michaelites will fall to the One Race, Neil. One way or another, they will be dealt with by us.

That is not to say, of course, that the best course of action is an immediate one, or even a particularly violent one. But whatever it may be, it will be we who determine and enact it.

Tekk One and Dr. Zero, I would urge you - in the strongest possible sense of the term "urge" - to contact Nova Vigilance. Let your efforts be part of a whole; uncoordinated retaliations at this point are not going to help.

I see that we have the same thought's about us Nova's dealing with the Michaelites Timeslip. I can't see baseline police doing much to help out, and Mr. Preston, please spare us your "violence is not the answer" routine. It makes me sick that you place that much faith in baselines to let them handle a problem we Nova's must answer.

Timeslip, I'm very interested in your idea of contacting NV. To whom should I contact?

To Dr. Lang,

I to any sorry for your loss, but rest assured that the problem with be dealt with quickly.

Vixen, you may well hate me you may well not.I do not care. I do however think it is the least I can do to do this. As of now you have full us of my resources, you may use them to seek out Justice for this action. The imprisonment of this lone gun man is not justice for me, but it may be for you, so seek out the Justice you think you need.

If you wish to get details on what resouces I have at my finger tips, please call.

Roxanne, I'm so sorry to hear this news. I'm praying that this isn't related to me, but I'm terrified it is. If so, my actions will have brought about two more deaths.

And anyone else killed because of this will be on my head too. Vixen was only hit because she was associating with me. No, wait - this blood and death isn't on my head. It's on the head of the nova that supposedly killed Josh. CoMA believes you killed him. I was kidnapped because of you. CoMA attacked Vixen's family because of you. The death of Roxanne's parents is your fault. Don't worry about me blaming you for my father's death - that one I'm keeping all for myself.

And to the rest of you - I hope you learn something from all this. This series of events is a tradegy, and every one who goes out hunting CoMA is only going to make it worse. Sure, call in NV, a terrorist organization, to kill more people and make them kill more of us in return. Keep esculating the violence, until everyone has been caught in the fires of your vengence.

And next time some nova decides to kill someone to help me, don't. Let me do my own killing - or maybe I'll be smart enough to find a way to fix things without killing. Of course, I haven't managed that yet, but if I get kidnapped a few more times, I should get better at it. Practice makes perfect, after all.

I think you misunderstand the situation, Sylvan. The terrorist organization here is the Church of Michael Archangel. It is they who decided, long ago, that novas were 'demons' to be purged. It is they who have decided to broaden their scope to baselines associated with novas. And it is they who are going to pay the price.

I am more than aware that Project Utopia and various baseline governments are all too happy to apply that same label of terrorism to Nova Vigilance; it does not make said application any less appropriate. Nova Vigilance is engaged in the defense of our race against those who do us harm. No matter how you want to try to break it down, Sylvan, CoMA means us all as much harm as they can deliver.

I never said they didn't mean us harm, TimeSlip. What I said was that violence brings more violence. If you want the world to burn as baselines and novas kill each other, then by all means, carry on. Call in Nova Vigilance. Get your ex-elite husband, yourself, and everyone you can, and kill baselines. Be my guest. I hardly care anymore.

But here's another note for all of you: what does Roxanne, the wronged person here, want? Before you run off killing others, you might ask if she even wants vengence like that, or if she wants to follow due process.

Just a thought. I know; one that sadly has no killing in it. But I'm not myself right now. Give me a few days, and I'm sure I can do better.

If this was something that was going to stop with Vixen, then you would have a point. The truth of the matter is, it won't.

The unfortunate and tragic truth is that Vixen and her family were probably targetted because (1) she was considered a relatively soft target, (2) her life is integrated enough into that of the baseline society so that her routines could be established, and (3) she lives in the northwestern United States, in close proximity to the cell with which you were associated.

CoMA has attacked a good deal more than Vixen in the past few months; the only particularly noteworthy part of this latest attack is that it marks CoMA's willingness to target baselines as well. If you think that Vixen is anything near the end of their target list, you are mistaken.

This isn't about vengeance. It's about addressing a threat to our race.

I am sorry, and i wish i could have stopped this, or even have been the one shot. I would rather be in pain than know that others are in pain. It is just my nature. I wish the best of wishes to those who were harmed in this action, may the Gods watch over them, and ease their pain.

To those who want to go on killing zealots,I say for shame. Do you not see that is what cause this blood shed? As a wise man once said, "An eye for and eye will leave the world blind."

I grieve for you Mitchell, in this trying time.

I concur with Timeslip in that NV is probably the best option in dealing with this situation. They are not terrorists, though one could certainly consider them vigilantes. But vigilante justice is what is called for here. Justice by novas, for novas.

CoMa is small, yes. But then again so were the Nazis and the Bolsheviks at first. And yet less then 30 years later in each case we had Stalin and Hitler, the two biggest butchers on the planet. Situations like this must be dealt with, before we are looking at concentration camps.

Oh, pardon me.....Bahrain. We already are looking at concentration camps.

"Let the Police handle it" is a nice-sounding thing to say. The question becomes just who the police are protecting....

Quote:
Originally posted by Flicker:
I think it's best if we move thoughts of killing to another thread. This thread is for sympathies.
You are obviously a woman of some intellect. Might I also point out that threats of violence in an open forum like this is never a good idea?

Procyon: Thank you. I'm sorry that due to your current circumstances you feel you'd make the funeral a target.

Those contemplating swift and violent vengeance: I should let you know that I'm fully co-operating with the authorities on this, and if you are seriously considering violent retaliation I have to inform them. Before someone tells me I'm being too soft on them, the one that broke into our house is in the hospital now - I do think there are times violence is justified. I just don't think this is one of them.

I'll let Roxanne speak for herself when she's able to.

Neil Preston: I will take you up on that offer, actually. There's something private I wanted to ask you as well.

Sylvan: You can't imagine how sorry I am for what you've been through. The fact that in the face of all this you are still able to turn the other cheek makes me want to be a better man, frankly.

Signy: Thanks for the offer. We've actually already got bodyguards and the cops just told me they arrested three more suspects. If the investigation winds up stalling I'll let people know if we need help.

Everyone Else: Your sympathies are appreciated. I'll relay them to Roxanne in her next lucid period.

• 2 weeks later...

After doing some research on this incident, I am not suprised of the number of Novas here that wish vengance against these terrorists.

I an only say, though, that what they want is for us to become them. Then it would validate their propaganda. It is obvious that the CoMA has their demons within. No wonder they see demons around themselves.

There is a word for those that Japanese use for people who see demons everywhere...

CRAZY.

Vixen, I am sorry for your loss, and I hope you and your sister recover.

I am not sure how this situation has changed through the intervening time, but I hope things are alright.

Mitch,

You and Roxanne have my sincerest sympathies.

I don't think I have earned the right to be called a friend of Vixen's, but I too have been touched by CoMA's violent ways.

If you and your family require anything, please feel free to contact me.

Archived