Pathfinder Interest

Dave ST

Just as it says.

A mellow, on going game of Pathfinder. Don't expect lightning posting, because I have Mutant High and stuff to tend to as well, but if people are interested in a casual game, let's get one going. 'D&D' is my passion and most favourite RPG, I just want to see one here since we've never quite pulled one off.

2nd Level PCs using the seven core races and the 11 core classes. You have 390gp to spend on equipment (you may purchase magic with that 390, if there's something you can afford), and each PC will receive a some minor magic, determined by me once I see the characters. 30 point buy (you're destined for greatness). Careful with the min/maxing, I despise 'dump stats'.

We will be playing in Golarion, the Pathfinder world, and starting in a small village called Falcon's Hollow. A small community run by the local Lumber Consortium. It's located in Darkmoon Vale, in the providence of Andoran if you'd like to look it up.

I will not be participating with a character, I will strictly be handling the affairs of the game.

I'm setting the game for about 4-6 characters.

You should know how this works by now... questions, comments, character ideas, all go below.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I have settled on a basic concept idea.

Sun Kai, Human Monk... orphaned at an early age, raised in a monastery and trained by the elder monks in a code of temperance, warrior honor, and self-improvement... once he was ready, they kicked him out the door. Sun's quest is to travel Golarion until he achieves enlightenment before he can return.

Unarmed fighter for the win!

The game will begin under the assumption that the PCs already know one another and have already completed one adventure together (which is how you made it to level 2). This will give you guys the opportunity to decide some modicum of a past together and establish a character history.

Falcon's Hollow is a small village occupied by only 1,500 people or so. Nearly all of them, save for the shop owners, children and a few exceptions, work for the Lumber Consortium. It's logging community that harvests darkwood from the nearby darkmoon forest. It's a fugitives paradise, since people with problems in the world generally come here to lay low and work with the Consortium, escaping their past and keeping off the law's radar.

Alignments are sometimes tricky and people wonder 'what is an evil deed?' or 'what constitutes as an act of kindness?'. Sometimes a Paladin wonders how many times can he slip up before he needs to atone or will a single evil act make his alignment Evil. A single depraved act, possibly, but losing your shit due to a spell and punching a fellow party member doesn't constitute evil, but it does eat away at your morality.

Simply put, the scale will be numeric.

0-30 Chaotic

31-69 Neutral

70-100 Lawful

0-30 Evil

31-69 Neutral

70-100 Good

You'll start about halfway into your field (to give you room to rise or fall). So if you're Lawful Good you're alignment will be Lawful Good (85/85). This allows the DM to finally notice that you're not as good as you claim, or that you're slowly becoming the very epitome of goodness/evil or law/chaos.

Committing good deeds just raise your alignment (like handing out gold coins because you murdered someone) doesn't work. Karma doesn't work that way you can't wash your soul clean by trying to bribe the karmic balance. Asking me 'will this affect my alignment' also doesn't work. Do the deed and see for yourself. Gray areas exist, this scale is simply a means to let people know what sort of focus they need to put on maintaining their alignment without a single act completely destroying their PC's future.

Here's my three character concepts... which would people like to see most?

Sun Kai, Human Monk... orphaned at an early age, raised in a monastery and trained by the elder monks in a code of temperance, warrior honor, and self-improvement... once he was ready, they kicked him out the door. Sun's quest is to travel Golarion until he achieves enlightenment before he can return.

Evan Starbound, Halfling Sorceror... born from a family of ordinary Halfing chefs, but possessed with the natural power to do magic, meant for greatness. Everyone can tell, and Evan will most certainly tell you. Naturally, his exasperated family booted him to the nearest magical academy. The academy booted him to an alumni. The alumni booted him down a hill, and Evan wound up in Falcon's Hollow. To be fair, he is a good person, and can back up his talk... usually.

Kyras Blackfeather, Half-Elf Barbarian... born of an elven father and a human mother, a liason that incidentally caused political havoc in the elven tribe, Kyras was treated as a relative inferior by the other young elves, and eventually left home to make his own way in the world. Having mediated in nature on the power of the primal side of beings, he walks the world, living for the day, for eventually it does end.

Jephron Ross - a human cleric of Sarenrae born of a local family. He thinks the lumber consortium needs to be broken up, or at least that Thuldreen Kreed, the Consortium's representative, is a parasite. So far, Jephron's patron within the church has convinced him that slow change and alleviating what suffering there is will bring about good and stable change. He's not convinced, but he's willing to deal with that, especially since he's aware that there is much he does not know. It doesn't hurt that he's (one of) the priests picked to deal with problems. His hobbies include generally trying to heal the sickest people in the village, and ranting (so far only around sympathetic ears) about the injustices of the lumber cartel.

Artemis Fletcher - a human fighter from somewhere far off, Artemis arrived as a guard with a caravan, and never left. Instead, he took up lumberjacking. That was about two years ago. He likes being near forests, although he sometimes get frustrated by how muggy summers can get. Although he's quite good with axes, his preferred weapon his the Glaive-Guisarme. He is generally calme and collected, despite the odd person disparaging him for his odd looks (he has far darker skin than most people in Falcon's Hollow).

Aston Goldworthy - a halfling rogue, Aston is a travelling merchant/smuggler, who has brought in things for the people of Falcon's Hollow in the past. He could probably make more money by charging more for what he has smuggled in, but he's pragmatic enough to realize that he can "buy" assistance from the locals if he doesn't aim to make the biggest profit possible. He's always on the lookout for a good chance of getting away with it, he looks for ways to make the resources of the lumber consortium give back to the people that are dependent on it. He suspects that Deldrin Baleson is aware of his activities, and has chosen not to act. He's also known for selling his own handcrafted pipes, and seems to have a source for getting tobacco.

I'm really fine with playing any of these characters, or a wizard, if it we need an offensive caster.

I want to play either an rouge, sorcer, oracle (I did not like the cleric a whole lot, then again could play it if it's better. I actually did a decent cleric even if it was generic), or magnus. I only have the magnus profile done since I was trying to do another pathfinder game, but did not get into the intital group. It's a bit generic or lame, and but I can work at that though. Plus tell me what you think of it and what needs to be improved.

Name: Paelias

Race: Elf

Sex: Male

6‘0 ft. 110 lbs.

Looks: Short white hair like that of the moon. Dark blue eyes like that of a stormy ocean. Lean, and atheltic looking figure. X shaped scar on the right side of his face. Lightly tan skin.

Theme: Arcane Hero: Paelias seeks to be a hero. He also seeks to avenge his teachers death. He is also an mercenary on the side who seeks both money and magical items.

Personality: Smart, and Wise. Paelias often is more diplomatic and calm. He is a friendly person, but can be silent at times.

Quirks: Paelias has a fascination with magic and often studies it no matter what type. Often is distracted by, and misses other things if it’s equally interesting. He often wants to do things, and hates to be bored. He taps his feet or plays solitaire if he cannot do anything.

History:

Paelias was born from a well do family of elves that had strong ties in magic. Most were mages of various types. Yet paelias was always interested in sword play and the tales of knights and warriors. He wanted to be the heroic type of person. He knew mages were such as well, but he wanted something that was a mix of both his passion as well as something that would honor his family tradition.

Paelias father curious if he would actually go about the type of style, and so when Paelias was able to wield a blade he sent for a Magnus to teach him. Paelias instructor was a harsh, and strict teacher. He knew the dangers of the life Paelias could live and with his father instructions wanted to show Paelias that being hero was not all fun and games. Yet through his teachers and learning Paelias faith in his own skills and convictions grew. He also started to work with the town guard and started to want to help the people around his home town if he could when not studying.

One day when Paelias comes back from his rounds at being a guard he sees an battle going on. He sees several of his family servants as well as his older brother was killed. He watches as his teacher and another Magus do battle. Paelias goes to his teacher aid, but was easily beaten by the Magus. His teacher takes down the foe.

When Paelias asked what happen, his teacher said that while his brother and him were discussion some trivial academic matter the Magus attacked them. The magus was a member of the same school Paelias teacher was once in. They had a disagreement which cause much destruction to the class they were in. The Magus was the only one who got into trouble due to witnesses starting that the Magnus started the conflict and got kicked out of the school. The two fought even after that, but none of their battles were decisive till today.

Paelias teacher examine his body seeing he suffer nothing serious say a few brushes and some loss of pride. So he left the tale tale marking on his face stating that he should remember the day and him. The teacher left stating that he could never rise to becoming a great Magnus, and just quit while he was ahead. If he ever wanted to prove him wrong then come and find him again and prove it with his blade. This left Paelias confused and shocked. Several years later Paelias left home to improve his skill and to someday prove his teacher wrong.

Below is a character stat block, complete with the characters stats still there so you can get a feel for the lay out...

Tellara Rasivath

Female Human Wizard 7

Neutral Good medium humanoid

Init +2; Senses Perception +3

DEFENSE

AC: 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (+2 Dex)

HP: 43 (7d6+14)

Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +5

OFFENSE

Speed: 30 ft.

Melee: Masterwork Wizard’s Staff +4 (1d6/x3)

Melee: Masterwork Dagger +4 (1d4/19–20)

Ranged: Masterwork Light Crossbow +6 (1d8/19-20)

Special Attacks: hand of the apprentice 7/day

Spells Prepared (CL 4th) 4/5/4/3/2

4th - Shout, Stoneskin

3rd - Fireball, Haste, Slow

2nd - Alter Self, Cat’s Grace, Flaming Sphere, Invisibility

1st - Color Spray, Mage Armor, Magic Missile, Protection From Evil, Sleep

0th - Daze, Flare, Detect Magic, Read Magic

Spell Save DCs – 14+spell level

STATISTICS

Str 11 Dex 14 Con 14 Int 18 Wis 11 Cha 12

Base Atk: +3; CMB +3; CMD 13

Feats: Arcane Armor Training, Craft Wand, Empower Spell, Eschew Materials, Extend Spell, Scribe Scroll, Spell Mastery

Skills: Appraise +12, Craft (alchemy) +14, Intimidate +2, Knowledge (arcana) +14, Knowledge (history) +14, Knowledge (nobility) +14, Linguistics +10, Perception +3, Ride +5, Spellcraft +14

Special Qualities: arcane bond (staff), cantrips

Traits: Focused Mind (Magic) - +1 trait bonus to concentration checks.

Rich Parents (Social)- 900gp in starting funds.

Languages: Abyssal, Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Infernal, Thassilonian

Combat Gear: Masterwork staff, masterwork dagger, masterwork light crossbow, Scrolls (Mage Armor x2, Shield x2, Color Spray x2, Cats Grace, Invisibility, Shocking Grasp x3, Magic Missile (3rd) x3)

Other Gear: Backpack, bedroll, blanket (winter), scroll case (3), flint & steel, belt pouch, traveler’s outfit, 68pp, 7sp, 5cp

Experience: 35,000 / 51,000

Spellbook: 0th - Acid Splash, Arcane Mark, Bleed, Dancing Lights, Daze, Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Disrupt Undead, Flare, Ghost Sound, Light, Mage Hand, Mending, Message, Open/Close, Prestidigitation, Ray of Frost, Read Magic, Resistance, Touch of Fatigue; 1st - Charm Person, Color Spray, Identify, Mage Armor, Magic Missile, Protection from Chaos/Evil/Good/Law, Shield, Shocking Grasp, Sleep; 2nd - Alter Self, Cat’s Grace, Flaming Sphere, Invisibility, 3rd - Fireball, Haste, Rage, Slow 4th - Shout, Stoneskin

Feel free to use this and just delete and replace the info appropriate to your character.

It sounds like we've got thoughts on a Paladin, Cleric, Wizard, etc.

Here's an idea, merely a suggestion. We have a Paladin (liam), Wizard/Sorcerer (Ace) for the magic... Rogue (Kael) for the skill monkey factor, and Mala and I play two front line combat types (any of Fighter/Barbarian/Monk...)

How does that sound?

I'm going with a standard 7/11 game to prevent everyone from playing non-standard races and classes. When people are given the option they always go for 'special snowflake' characters with the souls of dead gods lingering inside them along with Drow, Liizardfolk, Goblins, and Orcs and I'm stuck having to justify why the regular folk aren't forcing them out of their cities.

The regular folk don't care that a warforged is sentient, nor to they care that it can talk or reason. It's a 'golem' to them, and golems don't belong walking the streets where they might hurt someone, much like a Druid's bear, or a Wizard's Imp/Quiast. In Eberron warforged are common and accepted, but in Golarion a warforged is just another magical construct that's not to be trusted.

You're better off going with a core race.

I was going with another race anyway, so moot point. I was just saying that I had him already rolled up and statted out and would like a chance to play him. But this is a completely different game, so I'm doing something else.

Are you allowing alternate racial traits and/or racial subtypes? I was thinking specifically Elder Dwarf, or just replacing hardy and greed with magic resistant and something else (craftsman or lorekeeper). May go for weaponsmith turned adventurer or some such if you're allowing alternate racial traits.

Hope this ok. Wasnt sure on HP, gone with max a 1st and 6 for the 2nd (one over half the max result).

Stephre Asthra

Female Half-Elf Paladin 2

Lawful Good medium humanoid

Init +1; Senses Perception +0

DEFENSE

AC: 19, touch 11, flat-footed 19 (+1 Dex, +7 Banded Mail, +1 Light Shield)

HP: 20 (2d10+4)

Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +7

OFFENSE

Speed: 20

Melee: Longsword +5 (1d8+3/19–20)

Melee: Light Metal Shield (Spiked) +5 (1d4+3)

Ranged: Heavy Crossbow +3 (1d10/19-20)

Special Abilities: Smite Evil 1/day, Lay on Hands (1d6) 5/day, Divine Grace, Detect Evil, Aura of Good

STATISTICS

Str 16 Dex 12 Con 13 Int 14 Wis 10 Cha18

Base Atk: +2; CMB +5; CMD 16

Feats: Two-Weapon Fighting, Skill Focus (Diplomacy)

Skills: Diplomacy +12, Heal +4, Knowledge (nobility) +4, Knowledge (religion) +4, Knowledge (nobility) +14, Sense Motive +5

Languages: Common, Elven,

Combat Equipment: Longsword, Spiked Light Shield, Heavy Crossbow

Other Gear: Backpack, bedroll, flint & steel, grappling hook, silk rope, torch, waterskin, trail rations x5, alchemists fire x2, crossbow bolts x20, explorer’s outfit, 3gp, 3sp, 9cp

Experience: 1,300/3,300

Cast out of her village for her mixed race, Stephre spent her early life living in an orphanage in a small city. When she was old enough to be allowed to wander the streets alone, she was pressured by the older orphans to go to the cities church of Iomedae and steal from the collections.

Stephre was drawn in by the service however, and instead started attending services whenever she got the chance. After a few months, she decided to join the church properly and began training to be a paladin.

She prefers fighting with a longsword (her godesses favoured weapon) and shield, but also carries a heavy crossbow. Her preferred tactic is to get a shot in at range with her crossbow before finishing the fight at close range.

I was going with another race anyway, so moot point. I was just saying that I had him already rolled up and statted out and would like a chance to play him. But this is a completely different game, so I'm doing something else.

Had you honestly just asked "Hey, can I play my warforged character?" I'd have probably said yes. Going the passive aggressive 'I really want do X, but I can't so I'll do this instead..." Just makes me brush past offering you the option.

Are you allowing alternate racial traits and/or racial subtypes? I was thinking specifically Elder Dwarf, or just replacing hardy and greed with magic resistant and something else (craftsman or lorekeeper). May go for weaponsmith turned adventurer or some such if you're allowing alternate racial traits.

You may use the alternate racial traits, but no PC may have spell resistance. Sorry, it's one of those powers that that just ticks me off. I even strip it from Drow PCs when they're allowed. Dwarves have a rich history in the Falcon's Hollow region...

STATISTICS

Str 16 Dex 12 Con 13 Int 14 Wis 10 Cha18

Base Atk: +2; CMB +5; CMD 16

Feats: Two-Weapon Fighting, Skill Focus (Diplomacy)

Two-Weapon Fighting requires a minimum Dexterity of 15. You don't qualify with a 12.

Also, with a wisdom of 10 you'll not have access to any spells. Just an FYI.

Also, I forgot, the sheet I posted was an NPC sheet so I didn't bother tracking weight on it. Please make a note of the weight your PC is carrying.

Looking the Part

Basically this means that your PC will look the part of their stats. If you are a woman who can bench press 400lbs, then you are not 'petite'. You have the look of a body builder and have the rippling muscles to prove that you earned that right to carry that 400lbs. This doesn't mean you're ugly, or unattractive, it just means that if you have a strength of 18 your body looks the part. You are not 120 pounds with perky tits and a slender frame. You're built like an amazon, you have washboard abs, and your muscles are your most dominant feature.

Same holds true for male characters. Please don't write up a description for a PC who has the peak of human potential for their strength and tell me they are only 150 pounds and look 'average'.

I do call out PCs on stats sometimes. Sometimes rippling muscles can get your barbarian an audience with a local countess... but chances are most rich nobles aren't into chicks that can do their laundry with their abs.

The 'Average Joe' has atts in the 8-12 range. Once you exceed that you begin to stand out from the norm. So with a Strength of 14 you begin to have that rippling muscle effect, but you have the honed body of a farmer's son. 16 or 18 and you look like you've been pumping iron for quite some time.

Just read through character sheet and decided to increase dex to 15, dropping strength to 14. Will therefore be able to keep two weapon fighting (also means stronger than average but not female bodybuilder type of physique you see on telly.

Also noticed I had touch AC too high and weight carried was 96 (got one digit right at least).

Not just casting spells (which you won't be able to do since you only have a wisdom of 10), you need a holy symbol for use with some of your paladin abilities. Channelling requires the use of a divine focus. To my knowledge there is no difference between a wooden or a silver one. They both function the same, a wooden is easier to destroy though.

Oh, you guys will have max hit points. Don't bother rolling. After the game starts you'll roll like normal but the lowest you can gain per level is 1/2. So if you're a Fighter the least you can roll every level is 5 + CON modifier.

Evan Starbound

Male Halfling Sorceror 2

Neutral Good small humanoid

Init +2; Senses Perception +6

DEFENSE

AC: 14, touch 14, flat-footed 11 (+3 Dex, +1 Size)

HP: 12 (2d6+0)

Fort +1, Ref +4, Will +7

OFFENSE

Speed: 20 ft.

Melee: Dragon Claws +1 (1d3-1, max 7 rounds/day)

Ranged: Light Crossbow +6 (1d6, 19-20/x2)

Special Attacks: None

Spells Known (CL 2nd)

1st - Comprehend Languages, Magic Missile (5 spells per day)

0th - Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Flare, Ray of Frost, Read Magic (Unlimited spells per day)

STATISTICS

Str 8 (-1) Dex 16 (+3) Con 10 (+0) Int 14 (+2) Wis 16 (+3) Cha 18 (+4)

Base Atk: +2; CMB +0; CMD 13

Feats: Eschew Materials, Spell Penetration

Skills: Appraise +6, Bluff +8, Diplomacy +5, Knowledge (arcana) +6, Perception +6, Profession: Cook +7, Sense Motive +4, Spellcraft +6, Stealth +8, Use Magic Device +8,

Special Qualities: Draconic Bloodline (Brass Dragon), Cantrips

Traits: Charming, Focused Mind

Racial Traits: Fearless (+2 racial bonus on saving throws vs. fear), Halfling Luck (+1 racial bonus on all saving throws), Surefooted (+2 racial bonus on Acrobatics and Climb checks), Keen Senses (+2 racial bonus on Perception checks), Weapon Familiarity (Proficient with slings and treats any weapon with the word 'halfling' in it as a martial weapon)

Languages: Common, Halfling, Elven, Gnome

Combat Gear: Light crossbow with 30 bolts

Other Gear: Backpack, bedroll, blanket (winter), flint & steel, belt pouch, traveler’s outfit, iron pot, twindertwig, 2 days trail rations, waterskin, spell component pouch, 29pp, 48gp, 6sp, 0cp

Magic Gear: Wand of Magic Missle (CL 3rd, 37 charges), Scrolls (Mage Armor, Chill Touch, Sleep, Identify)

Weight Carried (0-26/27-53/54-80): 16 lb

Experience: 2,000/5,000

Notes
Starting Abilities:

Str 10 [0], Dex 14 [5], Con 10 [0], Int 14 [5], Wis 16 [10], Cha 16 [10]

Starting Skill Ranks: 1 in all of them

Background

Evan Starbound... born from a family of ordinary Halfling chefs, but possessed with the natural power to do magic, meant for greatness. Everyone can tell, and Evan will most certainly tell you. Naturally, his exasperated family booted him to the nearest magical academy. The academy booted him to an alumni. The alumni booted him down a hill, and Evan wound up in Falcon's Hollow after banding up with 'fellow wandering travelers.' To be fair, he is a good person, and can back up his talk... usually. And Evan's ability to make scrumptious meals out of rations and foraged food is jaw-dropping, which helps relations with the rest of the party.

Evan is of normal halfling height and physique, black-haired and dark-eyed with a charming air that seems to more than make up for his boasting with infectious capacity.

Cynewulf

Male Dwarven Cleric of Desna 2

Chaotic Good Medium humanoid

Init +2; Senses +4

DEFENSE

AC: 17, touch 12, flat-footed 15 (+2 Dex, + 5 armor)

HP: 20 (2d8+2)

Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +7

OFFENSE

Melee: Hvy Mace(1d8+1 x2 crit) or Hvy Pick(1d6+1 x4 crit) or Starknife(1d4+1 x3 crit)

Ranged: Starknife(1d4+1 x3 crit, 20ft range increment)

Special Attacks: None

Spells Known (CL 2nd)

1st - Bless, Command, Bane - Domain -True Strike (3+1 spells per day)

0th - Detect Magic, Spark, Resistance, Guidance (4 spells per day)

STATISTICS

Str 12 (+1) Dex 15 (+2) Con 15 (+2) Int 13 (+1) Wis 18 (+4) Cha 12 (+1)

Base Atk: +1; CMB +0; CMD 13

Feats: Combat Casting

Skills: Heal (6), Knowledge: Religion(3), Knowledge: The Planes(3), Spellcraft (3)

Special Qualities: Channeling, Aura, Domains(Liberation, Luck)

Traits: Warsmith, Stoic Optimism

Racial Traits: Defensive Training(Giants), Hardy, Stability, Greed, Stonecunning, Darkvision, Hatred(Orc & Goblinoid), Weapon Familiarity(Heavy picks, battleaxes, and warhammers, plus weapons with 'dwarven' in name are martial weapons)

Languages: Common, Dwarven, Celestial

Combat Gear: Heavy Pick, Heavy Mace, Starknife, Scale mail

Other Gear: Backpack(Masterwork), bedroll, blanket (winter), flint & steel, belt pouch, explorer's outfit, holy symbol(silver), 3 waterskins, Holy text, adventurer's sash, spell components pouch, 4 days trail rations, 3 cure light potions 2pp, 0gp, 0sp, 0cp

Weight Carried(0-43, 44-86, 87-130): 80lbs

Cynewulf was a part of a large dwarven hold when he recieved the calling to serve Desna. His family, while against the move understood that this was his choice. Leaving the hold was hard for Cynewulf. He gave up his home for a life on the road. In the villages, towns, and cities he traveled through, he met very interesting people, and the stories they would tell fascinated him. He then began to listen to the stories behind the stories. Cynewulf became a confessor-priest, and began to offer advice on the troubles his new-found friends would bring to him. Recently, according to dwarven reckoning, Cynewulf settled in the sleepy little village of Falcon's Hollow. Once there, he started being a fixture in the tavern, where he'd set up at a table in the back as a spot to listen to those in need of an ear. Even more recently than his setting up shop in the village, he was tempted enough to work with some other adventurers to solve one of the problems he had learned about from one of his flock.

Looks good guys, but you forgot weight. Add this line right under 'Other Gear': Weight Carried (light/medium/heavy):

In this case light/medium/heavy would be what your characters strength allows. So, using Evan as an example, it would read: Weight Carried (0-26/27-53/54-80): (then his total weight would be here)

Beleran Rodderick

Male Human Fighter 2

Neutral Good (50, 85) medium humanoid

Init +2; Senses Perception +1

DEFENSE

AC: 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16 (+2 Dex)

HP: 25 (2d10+4+1)

Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +1/+2 vs. Fear

OFFENSE

Speed: 30

Melee: +1 Longsword +7 (alone)/+5 (primary hand) (1d8+5 S/19-20)

Melee: Shortsword +6/+4 (off hand) (1d6 P/19-20)

Melee: Warhammer +6/+4 (primary) (1d8 B/x3)

Melee: Dagger +6/+4 (off) (1d4 P/S/19-20)

Melee: Longsword +6/+4 (primary) (1d8 S/19-20)

Ranged: Short Bow +4 (1d6+4 P/x3/60')

STATISTICS

Str 18 +4 Dex 15 +2 Con 14 +2 Int 14 +2 Wis 13 +1 Cha 10 +0

Base Atk: +2; CMB +6; CMD 18

Feats: Skill Focus: Crafting (weapons)

Two Weapon Fighting (-2/-2 penalty for fighting w/ 2 weapons (when off hand is light))

Dual Slice (full str on off hand attack)

Two Weapon Defense (+1 shield AC when dual wielding)

Skills: Climb +2 (Str-2), Craft (weapons) +10 (Int+3), Craft (armor) +6 (Int), Handle Animal +4 (Cha) , Intimidate +0 (Cha), Knowledge (dungeoneering) +6 (Int), Knowledge (engineering) +6 (Int), Linguistics +3 (Int), Profession (smithy) +5 (Wis), Ride +4 (Dex-2), Survival +5 (Wis), Swim +2 (Str-2), Use Magic Device +1 (Cha)

Special Qualities: +1 Skill Point / Level, Bravery (Fighter)

Traits: Quick Learner: After 1 attack w/ non-proficient weapon, penalty drops to -2. Have to 'relearn' every time weapon picked up.

Armor Expert: -1 Armor Check Penalty, min 0

Languages: Common, Dwarven, Elven, Halfling

Combat Gear (53lbs): Masterworked Scale Mail Armor +5AC -2 ACP 30lbs, Longsword 4lbs, +1 Longsword 4lbs, Shortsword 2lbs, Warhammer 5lbs, Composite Short Bow 2lbs, 40x arrows 6lbs

Other Gear (46.5lbs): Sealing Wax - 1lb, Explorer's Outfit - 8lbs, Artisan's Tools - 5lbs, Everburning Torch - 1lb, 2x Candles - 0lbs, 4x Piton - 2lbs, 2x Chalk - 0lbs, 2x charcoal - 0lbs, 60' Rope of Climbing - 3lbs

Pathfinder's Kit - 22lbs

-backpack - Can hold 60lbs

-bedroll

-belt pouch - Can hold 10lbs

-clay mug

-dagger

-2 fishhooks

-flint and steel

-sewing needle

-signal whistle

-50 feet of string

-50 feet of thread

-waterskin

-week's worth of trail rations

-whetstone

Chronicler's Supplies - 4.5lbs

-map case

-2x vials of ink

-2x inkpens

-10x sheets of paper

-2x blank journals

-1lb of fine powder for drying ink

-20-foot measuring cord

Carry Weight: 99.5lbs (<=100/101-200 /201-300/600/1,500)

Money: 7gp, 10sp, 5cp

Working on description and background, I know he was a blacksmith. I'll read about the setting and post it as soon as I get it finalized.

Below is a character stat block, complete with the characters stats still there so you can get a feel for the lay out...

Aston Goldworthy

Male Halfling Rogue 2

Chaotic Good small humanoid

Init +4; Senses Perception +10 (+11 vs. traps)

DEFENSE

AC: 16, touch 16, flat-footed 11 (+4 Dex)

HP: 20 (7d6+14)

Fort +4, Ref +9, Will +4

OFFENSE

Melee: Short Sword +6 (1d4/19-20)

Melee: Dagger +6 (1d3/19–20)

Ranged: Dagger +6 (1d3/19-20)

STATISTICS

Str 11 Dex 18 Con 13 Int 12 Wis 16 Cha 14

Base Atk: +1; CMB +0; CMD 15

Feats: Dodge, Weapon Finesse (via Rogue Talent)

Skills: Acrobatics +11, Appraise +5, Climb +3, Craft (tobacco pipes) +3, Diplomacy +6, Disable Device +7, Knowledge (local) +6, Perception +10 (+11 vs. traps), Profession (Merchant) +5, Sense Motive +7, Sleight of Hand +9

Special Qualities:

Traits: Deft Dodger, Helpful

Racial Traits: Small, slow, Halfling luck (+1 racial bonus to all saves), Fearless (+2 racial bonus vs. fear, stacks with luck), Keen Senses (+2 racial bonus on perception skill checks (included)), Sure-Footed (+2 racial bonus on Acrobatics and Climb skill checks (included)), Weapon Familiarity: Proficient with slings and and weapon with the word "halfling" in it is treated as a martial weapon.

Languages: Common, Halfling, Dwarven

Combat Gear: 6 daggers (Concealed, 1 in each boot, 1 in each sleeve, 2 in the small of his back (1 accessible from each side), 1 short sword (obviously visible on the scabbard at his side), halfling studded leather armor, ring of protection +1.

Other Gear: Traveler’s outfit,

belt pouch with [flint & steel, 22pp, 8gp, 7sp, 5cp, 1 pint oil, 1 sack with (.5lbs tobacco leaf)]

Handy Haversack containing [backpack with (bedroll, bullseye lantern, masterwork thieves tools (rolled into the bed roll when near/in town), merchant scales, 1 sack with (1 lb ground pepper), 1 sack with (2lbs tobacco leaf)]

Weight Carried (28/57/86): 20.09 (light)

Experience: 2,000 / 5,000

DESCRIPTION:

Standing an even three feet tall, but weighing thirty-two pounds, Aston is broader across the chest than the average halfling. This is a trait that seems common to his whole village, as are the dark eyes, and the dark hair that easily bleaches in summer sun. He's of a generally friendly nature, but more suspicious of those he doesn't know than his pleasant manner indicates.

Biography

Aston grew up in small agriculture village about half-way between Falcon's Hollow and Oregent. Because of it's location, it served as a way station that was slightly off the beaten path, conventiently located for travelling merchants looking for a place to stop somewhere slightly off the beaten path.

When he was old enough to realize that he didn't have to stay in his village and become a tobacco farmer like his parents, he started trying to help out merchants visiting his village, in the hopes that they would let him go along with them. Eventually, it was enough that a caravan that was a little short-handed offered to bring him on.

Being on the road for merchants, he learned to try to always be wary, between bandits, wild animals, and worse that were still in the places between towns in Darkmoon Vale. He also learned how to get along, and become a merchant himself. He doesn't love it, but it gives him a comfortable enough living, and lets him travel as he pleases. He goes home every few months, and gives his parents and siblings some of his earnings as well.

Now twenty-four, he has been doing the merchant routes for about three years. In that time, he has managed to get into big enough caravans that he had only suffered through a handful of attacks, but he managed to learn quite a bit from the caravan guards about defending himself.

In his last trip down to Oregent, he met Evan, who was looking to join a group going up to Falcon's Hollow. Evan eventually convinced him to come with him to Falcon's Hollow, looking for treasure there. It wasn't something Aston had done before, so he decided to give it a try.

Archived