Mutants & Masterminds: The Magisterium - [2.2] Vacation

Dawn OOC

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She looked to Jaunt. "Feh... I don't wear spandex, boyo... my kinks are state secrets."

She scratched behind her ear, it was slightly sore still from being singed. "Jeremy, huh? Next time try to be less psychotropic. I still owe you and Jaunt one for what happened back there. And nice to meet, ya Mary... although I am sure we're gonna have more fun... Oh if you feel like it, you guys, you can call me Idris."

She nodded, turning towards David, a question lodged in her mind. "So... where to then, David? Something tells me that mutants like us shouldn't stay in one place for very long."

She looked at the ocean, her ears drooped. Crossing her arms she fell quiet again as her feelings in regards to the man in her hallucinations returned.

She looked to Jaunt. "Feh... I don't wear spandex, boyo... my kinks are state secrets."

Jaunt crunched his nose and looked at the cat strangely. "Riiiight, creepy."

Suddenly he flickered a few feet then jaunted several times in rapid succession in a straight line back and then forward to where he started. "Finally! Ugh, I was starting to get nauseous. Cat's got a point, Dave."

Rebekka sighed and rolled insouciant eyes, as she stepped away from Lamia, her appearance shifting organically once more. Her wry chuckle warbled oddly with her altering vocal chords. Despite what David and Jaunt may have thought, she wasn't offended or really cowed. It was hard to shame or threaten someone who had been subjected to the degradation she had, willingly, nay, even eagerly.

It was funny, she was supposedly free now, yet still, everyone wanted her to restrain her nature, not much different than when she was under the thumb of the DRM. Regardless of what David had seen in her file, and how sexually aggressive she was, under DEHA custody, she retained a measure of restraint, a restraint she no longer felt she should need to adhere to.

"David, dear, however am I know if they will welcome my advances if I don't make them?" Rebekka remarked in smooth, sophisticated tones. She appeared mostly like a sleeker Buffy, with a glamorous elegance Audrey Hepburn or Sophia Loren would envy, a vintage white dress draping her loosely.

,, ,,

"That does explain a bit about the codename, actually. For the life of me, I can't decide if that's creepy, kinky or both."

"I must say, honey, in all my experiences, I've never had a complaint, unless I wished to elicit one," Rebekka said with a slight curve to her lips that could either be innocent or suggestive, depending on how one wanted to take it. Then she winked at Jaunt. "I too was merely having a jest, though I will readily admit I would quite enjoy if it turned into more."

"But I do not know why you think she has less mileage than I do," she changeable woman suggested, gesturing towards Lamia. Her tone wasn't catty or spiteful, just playfully suggesting she knew something Jaunt didn't. Then she ran a hand down her silk, clad flank. "I'm a brand new model whenever I wish, just waiting to be driven off the lot for the first time."

She arched a slim brow at David, daring him to call her on her behaviour once more. "As for me, I would like to head back to Rio, if you please. There is still a house needing to be procured."

• 2 weeks later...

“No, no one is going back to Rio right now.” David shook his head for emphasis. “The place will be crawling with DEHA, especially since Jaunt was sighted there. I’m guessing that think they have a shot at him, since he got gassed.”

“But I can be anyone, David,” Rebekka replied with a pout.

“Which they know. All it takes is one sniffer to find you. Ulysses is not the only one out there.” David’s voice was firm. “We’ll go back to Rio in a couple of weeks.”

“We?” Rebekka queried, wondering if she’d finally get to see Sol in action.

“Well,” David admitted with a grin, “you and some choice companions.” Turning to Tyrone, he said, “Let’s go home.” The mixed-race man nodded and did his magic, opening a black hole to take them back home.

If you'd like to RP some more in this thread, feel free. ST aid will continue, but ST direction is done.

:D

Idris mewed, her ears flicking back. "Great... another mysterious portal to some unknown place."

She was joking a little, but it was disconcerting knowing her atoms were going to get transmitted to some new location without any sort of travel from point A to point B... she didn't understand the physics of quantum entanglement or space folding or stuff like that.

"Meh... I guess breaking the laws of physics is still breaking the law... I like that." Idris mused before walking up to the portal. "So... meet you guys on the other side... wait... this is ground level, right? No swimming or skydiving involved? I sorta... don't breathe water or fly, you know.... on my own..."

She had been on missions where she had to skydive to a location or SCUBA dive... to her it was a fair question.

"Okay then..."

Idris blinked, then held her nose and jumped through the portal like she was about to dive into something...

note
Not sure what is on the other side... so I'm just playing it as if she doesn't as well. That and it lightens the mood slightly. Also not sure if that means I and Max have completed the thread so... meh, can't wait for more. Thanks.

home.jpg

The warp opened into a tree canopy. It was dark enough that reading would have been difficult. There was almost no growth; the thin soil had only scrawny plants growing in it. It was hot and humid; the air was thick with moisture. It smelled like the wilderness, and the scent of water hung in the air. Animals were screaming in alarm at their sudden appearance. Ahead of them, a hesitation in the density of trees revealed an old temple. The stone rose in stairs and blocks, though some of it was crumbling.

Idris opened her eyes once she felt her booted feet hit dirt again. Seeing the scene before her blew her mind.

"So uh... I take it this some super-cool top-secret fortress of solitude for us mutants?" She said, taking it all in.

"Damn... I could have a lot of fun here, actually. Any fish to catch or animals to hunt?"

"Yes," Lamia said quietly to the feline addition to their group, "though there is not so much game that you can hunt simply for the sport of it." She'd known felinoid children before and their propensity for hunting simply for the thrill of it, leaving most of their kills wherever they got bored with them. Too many carrion birds circling near the temple would be an annoyance and might invite unwanted attention.

Her warning given, the cocoa-skinned woman slipped off from the rest of the group, ready for some time around less people. She caught David's eye before she disappeared into the trees on her way to her home and smiled, reminding him of his promise to go swimming with her when he had the chance. He would know where to find her, as she was rarely too far from her stone home unless she was hunting, and she always told someone she would be out before she hunted. She breathed a sigh of relief as the sounds of the jungle closed in around her, soothing nerves raw from so many new things, new people, and the brief brush with the organization that had held her captive for so long.

It is good to be home.

• 3 weeks later...

Idris nodded.

"Well... that would be, of course, by anyone's say-so. I wouldn't want to disturb anything here... at least not until I learn how things work with this outfit."

She grinned, when she was really taking in all the smells and tastes of her surroundings.

"Interesting place... I bet it's taken a while to get things laid out to juet where you need them. Raided any DEHA supply trucks or anything? Probably would be a bad idea to use their computers. Probably more tracing crap than stink on shit."

She looked at her boots... at least those looked intact. That and there was some shit she stepped on from one of the animals that wander about. "Damn..."

"So... where can a Kitten like me get clean around here?"

Archived