[Exalted] OOC Heaven's Reach

Krul

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

With the information Janos has been able to gather through various occult sights, does the Lintha ship have the ability to take on a Battlecruiser and not be destroyed?
I don't quite know the classification that the ship would fall under.

A battleship is larger then a battlecruiser.. but a bit less manouverable.. in combat however, it usually takes at least 2-3 battlecruisers to take on a battleship... that is without the intervention of exalted powers.. the exalted can throw this off completely, especially with the right powers.. celestials tend to influence the battle even more then terrestials

Artifact weapons like demon cannons and a demon engine can throw this calculation off a bit, and an artifact ship can throw this off completely.

Indications are that the captain of the Empire ship - Burning Skies - is captained by a terrestrial, and that it's a standard battlecruiser, no artifact integration..

You would give it about 30% in a straight up fight, which is better then most BC's alone against a BS.. but a boarding assault lead by Thaya could likely make this a 50% or higher.. certain higher if Janos himself, or any of the Voidswimmer crew can be invited ti intervene

Experience Update

I haven't added experience for months now.. so I'm giving folks a generous boost.. some have less because of either lack of posts, or not posting at all, but I gave a good chunk to everyone.. you won't be able to use it yet, at least until you leave the system, as you don't have time to train anything but stuff that doesn't have time required... mainly caste/aspect/favored abilities, if you need them.

two, I'd like folks to update me on stuff already spent, cause I decided that I need to track xp a bit closer then just how much you have, so I'll be adding a new thread likely to cover and track experience for everyone.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Krul, is there any way we could speed things up a a bit? Getting a couple paragraph update every couple weeks is getting old, man.

Admittedly this is the only game on here that I'm really part of so it's no big thing for me to just check back here every week or so to see if there's an update but I'm at the point where I have to check back on old threads to remember what we're doing in the first place.

I don't want to sound like an ass but I really don't want to have to wait a year and a half to complete one story arc, know what I mean? I don't have that kind of patience.

~H

Ok, I'm out of patience.

"Buckling down and seriously focusing on Heaven's Reach" has still yielded zero results even though we were assured that postings would happen towards the end of the weekend (two weeks ago) and again that it would happen by end of the day Sunday. It is now Tuesday.

This is not a one-off incident, this is the norm. That's a problem.

Give me one solid reason not to just say "Peace out, yo"

I realize you're taken up with SR5, but much as I don't want to say it, I agree with Hyoseph. We have been beyond patient Krul. This game has only continued because we all liked it, and want to play Exalted. You need to either get back into posting mode, and kick this game into gear, or it's going to die, like your other games.

Actually, I haven't spent as much time studying SR5 as you might think, I've been completely worn out the last two days, spent more time sleeping then anything else, we had someone call off at work, and then I was constantly being woken the day before that.. this really doesn't excuse the matter, as I had intended push though it and start posting yesterday, and I did spend some of the free time I had at work last night on some planning, so I haven't forgotten the game, I've just been busier then expected in real life.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Will be posting in the next day or two.. tonight (last night actually) was devoted to my table top pathfinder game, as most wednesdays will be now.. will be focusing on thursday, friday and the weekends for posting in my games.

Awesome. Also, real quick, how much time (as our characters know it, not necessarily as the world knows it) passed in the canals en route to Kry'sta'tor ? I'm interested in how much time Janos has to speak heresy and make stuff before I have to move on to a new timestamp :)

• 3 weeks later...

Status: Going to be crazy busy next day or two, due in part to work and in part to car issues.. but once things calm down, will be posting if folks post or not... hopefully by this weekend, or Tuesday at the latest.

• 1 month later...

For those of you who are natives of the USA, Happy Thanksgiving. (For those of you from elsewhere, Season's Greetings, and may you find something worth being thankful for within the next turning of the seasons)

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Krul, so you are aware, Janos intends to ensure Sevus's loyalty for the time being and then repeat the process with the other Infernals until either he gets word that he's supposed to be doing something else or he is interrupted. He doesn't expect to be able to bring the Fiend over to his way of thinking, but he is more comfortable breaking the Infernals one at a time than he is boarding their ship and taking them all on.

Process:

1) Invite over, discuss. If receptive, confirm loyalty and move on. If not, Move to step 2

2) Thaya / Janos / Lintha / Radiant Avatar mass assault on the single target until incapacitated.

3) Put Slave Collar on target and/or incapacitate in such a manner that they will not be waking up again any time soon.

4) Return to Step 1.

Archived