[Exalted] OOC Heaven's Reach

Krul

Question. I was going to post this morning, but I have no idea how generally tough lesser fae *are* for cinematic posting, what they look like in this setting, or what happens when they die. Also, how suicidal is it, based on common spacer knowledge, for a lunar to face one of the unshaped in the deep wyld?

If it's not too crazy, since we have so many exalts aboard, I might need to roll for supressing Karren's primary Valor virtue. If that's how it works, right?

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glory, fame, and "phat lewt" (Which in Exalted terms could mean anything from Hearthstones to grateful Behemoths that owe us favors now.

Beyond that, Karren is a Lunar (assuming Full Moon) and Janos is a Chosen of She Who Lives In Her Name so it's kinda in our job description unless there's some terrible bad odds against it. (Survival, also in job description). Solars are free from obligation and expectation (that's part of what makes them awesome, tbh)

:)

Still kind of waiting for an answer from the GM or other players to my question.

Also, since Kestrel is -not- going outside the ship to do magic battle with only a thin spacesuit to keep the void of space away from her, what should I do? Just post a generic 'I kill guyz' post, or skip to the aftermath or...what?

I just don't know how to organize this.

I guess I'd better invest in some way to survive in space if I want to do much in the future. :)

That strikes me more as one of those things that Krul would have to answer. If there's going to be a series of battles in space, then most likely. Either that or use the Sail / Pilot skill and use one of the fighters, assuming they have decent stats.

For this particular battle, perhaps a fighter. Or not, I don't know :)

Kinda need the ST to answer some questions before we can get this party started.

Sorry, been extremely busy this week, will answer questions more completely tomorrow.. I can answer one quickly

Max: There are generic suits on board that will let you operate in space, however, outside the ship right now, is the wyld not empty space, which means there's a different danger that a solar uses Integrity Protecting Prana to protect from.

Envoy & Rubio: Answered some questions for folks in Chat, but your question - the weaker member of the Hordes on the ship, are in essence hobgoblins, but they can look like anything, they are constructed from chaos, not as much as the Unshaped and Raksha, but they will need arms and legs to move and attack, and eyes to see at the least, so they will be marginally organic.

Sense it's the holidays, been a bit forgiving of posts, folks have until tomorrow - Saturday to make posts for this week, then we continue, folks who have posted by this time will gain a bit of bonus XP as a late gift from Santa.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey, Rubio. Max already said he was alright with his solar's last comment coming as your two pcs came into earshot of karren (thus allowing a smart ass little comment), but I wanted to check with you, too. Just in case Krul doesn't boff us to the spacehulk before you can reply.

And for the reccord... Yes, Karren will be guiding the shuttle from outside like a space dolphin. :)

And krul's there with the flashforward intercept! :D

So, Krul, is there a functioning airlock/shuttle bay for Karren to guide the shuttle to? Or if not, what looks like the safest egress for people in spacesuits? Do we need to roll something to find them? Want to be smart in this dumpster diving.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I had expressed this in chat, but in case I haven't, I can't really come up with anything worthwhile to post besides a more descriptive version of "Janos folds the hellstrider into its amulet form and boards" so if we're waiting for that, then feel free to handwave it.

,, ,,

Honestly I must express a concern - We've been sitting at roughly the same point since mid December and I am rapidly losing interest in the game, with StarCraft 2 and the associated forum coma on the horizon, this bothers me. Is there any way we can pick up the pace?

~H

• 3 weeks later...

Remember, Krul, flu bacteria thrive in warm, moist areas...so dehydrate yourself and stay somewhere very cold, with no blankets. Also, they stalk you when you sleep, so STAY AWAKE.

The secret doctors don't want you to know! IF THE FLU WAS CURED THEY WOULD MAKE NO MONEY!

• 2 weeks later...

Over the last week, turned out I wasn't as recovered as I first thought, I've only had the energy to make it to work and to lay down and sleep, and been pretty much sapped of creative energy, in part because of lingering pains and aches, and in part due to the cough that won't go away... which is why you havn't seen much of me over this week... I'm hoping that will change, but this is a situation update, so folks know why I havn't posted in the last seven days.

This last month has been something of a difficult one for me, but I am finally feeling more normal and am committing myself to making posts in the next couple of days.. hopefully today, but could be as late as tomorrow.

[envoy] 9:49 am: i'll give this int+past lives thing a try. spending a point of willpower for a auto success while I'm at it.
envoy *rolls* 4d10: 10+9+6+6: 31
[envoy] 9:49 am: wheeeew!
[envoy] 9:53 am: witness?
[Long6] 10:02 am: ya

So what does 4 successes get me?

5+ success would give you the actual controlling password (Long Phrase actually) for every ship in the fleet, as in would give you access to everything.. but 4 gives you enough to identify yourself as friendly, so that the automatons will go from hostile to friendly.

Archived