Birth name-Dan Hawkins

Exalted name - Nova Corona

Age 37

Height 6'3

weight 190 lbs

Eyes- Gold

Hair- Black/Dark Brown

Homeworld- Thorin

In the last great Age, I was the great Admiral of the Solar Fleet, Nova Corona. None could match me, and my fleet was the mightiest that sailed the black oceans of the void. I was there when the Tombstars were birthed, I made those difficult calls. When the war was over, I patrolled endlessly, discovering worlds that had survived, and mapping the new frontier. While away, my bretheren fell from grace, from the favor of our allies, and the people we were sworn to protect. I was approached, they came to see if I, one of the last remaining military commanders, would relinquish my post, and stand down to the mandate of the people.

Having spent my whole life in war, I had grown tired, and with a nod, consigned myself to such a fate. Still I did not do so without preparations. I could not hide my flagship, but several other battlewagons and cruisers, these I did hide, should reality need them again.

I retired with wealth and a quiet life being all I desired, to a lush paradise of a world known as Thorin. It was a predominantly temperate world teeming with natural life, with great forests of evergreen trees, and vast arctic expanses at the poles. There was fish and game, clean air and water, and fertile soil. It was paradise, and many of my subordinates chose to follow me to colonize this world, The hulks of several ships forming the original basis of the first town, and later, Capital city. I took no seat in government, and abided by the same laws as everyone else, despite a disparity of power. I sought life as more than a warrior, much as my memories from my previous life informed me I had done then.

My mate, indeed my family, all joined me. For centuries we lived in peace, allowing nature to run its course. More people came, bringing tales of war at home, and still we remained aloof, outside. Trading partners, but still we were only part of them in name only. We would have other problems soon enough.

Creatures from beyond, spawn of the enemies, and things from beyond creation came upon us, and we fought valiantly. First one wave, then another, our supplies dwindled, and casualties mounted. One of the ships that formed the center of a town to the west was severely damaged, and in a storm of tainted essence, destroyed everything around it, creating the Blight, an expanse of horribly twisted blasted land, where only monsters could grow and thrive. Those who ventured there didn’t return, not the way they left, and had to be put down shortly afterwards.

Still more came to the world, and in the end the last group contained several young exalts, and following them, great creatures from beyond, made of chaos itself.

The council sent out a distress call, activating a little known clause in our trade contract, calling for support. By the time it was over, My sister and adviser, my mate, and soon I myself had fallen. One of the refugees, a young lunar held my hand as I died, a look of deep respect, profound loyalty coming from her. I could only nod. “Lay us all together, in the vault beneath my home.”

Then my eyes closed, and Wouldn’t open again for many years. My armor slept, my wealth remained intact. I had ownership in a young company, roughly a percentage point, enough that it would grow and help should I see it again.

Then I dreamed. I saw my life with my mate and sister, the children we’d sired, some living, some not. I saw the war, reliving my greatest battles and decisions. Then I was a craftsman, a former warrior, overseeing The Empire’s pinnacle of power and prominence.

I remember a voice, shining, a golden light. And the words “This one, this one will work.”

Then it becomes evenmore of a fleeting dream of a young man in armor fighting against untold foes, defending his daughter, A great mecha behind them, finished, but they fell before attaining it.

The final most ephemeral dream show a man in brilliant golden armor, standing over defeated foes, a look without mercy in his eyes, he was a warrior who’d seen too much, who’s madness claimed him, for whom vanity, and ego, would be eternal.

That was then. The first thing I remember in this life, was opening my eyes. I was under attack, and I raised my gun, calling upon the powers that had served me so well. At my side a young woman, no more than sixteen stood, and she remained there fighting at my side. Amidst the hallways of a starship, we fought darkspawn from beyond normal space, exterminating them. I could feel others present, I could feel a bond ancient beyond time itself, and saw Karran and knew this was my mate. The young woman at my side, she was my sister. My family and I had been returned to this world, a world that needed us.

I found myself living a life I didn’t know. The young girl I felt as my sister was actually my daughter. I knew those around me by names from the past, names that for some, the memories were very dim. I was a Colonial Marshal, a dispenser of justice, and this ship was mine. With our exaltations, we turned back the invading darkspawn, and no doubt was left as to who I was for them, for the Mark of the Dawn blazed upon my brow, and behind me a wall of light blazed with countless weapon hilts emerging from it. I was one who’d used and forged great weapons of battle, both objects and tools and the men to use them.

In the four years since I have come to cherish my ship and crew, tapping the ancient account, still a percent of the company, now Denansdor Industries, the ones who built the Frigate I serve on. As a Marshal I’m a problem-solver, someone who dispenses justice where there is none. I fight the tides of darkness, and take down the criminal elements that harm society.

My daughter, Aletha, Has returned from her training, trained in the mystical arts of her people. I find my world, Thorin has changed vastly. Now it is a sprawling metropolis and outpost amidst the frontier, with a large standing garrison. The Blight remains, but still the people, some my descendants, fight on against it, and the darkness surrounding them. The world teems with life, but it isn’t the same I knew. Many species died out or were adapted, and more lost their habitats to animals brought from other worlds.

Appearance 2 Charisma 4 str 3 dex 5 sta 3

Karren Gaunt

Description: A 7'2, dusky-skinned Amazon of a woman, Karren is crude, brash, and confident in any situation, possessing long red hair, golden eyes, and just the faintest hint of the ’other’ in her slightly-pointed teeth and silver tracery of upperbody tattoos for those of a sharp eye. She looks to be in her early twenties and dresses in what feels comfortable, not what anyone expects her to. Not one to take shit from anyone, Kerrigan is likely to be grinning at you all the wider as she lets her fists or boots pick up the conversation where her tongue leaves off. When her blood and her Essense is up against more than human foes, her form is quick to burgeon into a hulking xeno-hybrid warform or even the titanic beast that is her spirit shape, aura a glowing storm of thrashing illusionary tendrills, the sigil of the full moon on her brow.

History: Karren doesn’t like to talk about the past, about growing up on the desert planet Miranda at the edge of known space, the youngest of five siblings, in the slums of the planetary capital. About learning how to fight from an early age and earning the leadership of the local delinquents bruise by bruise and cut by cut as she became a woman. About signing up with Kerrik Ridge Mining as a laborer to get out of the bog of crime, drugs, and poverty that dragged everyone else in her family down. About the heady, early days of clean air and bright stars where back-breaking labor was matched by honest companions cut all too short when the Shrieking Hoards dropped a raiding party on the camp and started killing everyone. About her first change when she showed alien monsters the kind of monster Miranda bred to lurk under it’s dunes. About six months of wandering the desert from settlement to settlement solving problems, finding the odd treasure, and wondering why nothing felt right despite everything being better than ever before being found by one of her new kin and gven a shove in the direction of the stars.

Talking about the past gets in the way of enjoying the things you do in the present. Things like fighting hard, playing hard at the side of a Solar mate who had proven himself before and was proving himself again. Things like punching the universe in the face and making the universe remember it. Things like the happy discovery of the everyday joys out there for the sharing and the taking. Things like the feel of a new world under your feet and knowing it had some new shape, some new adventure ahead just for you.

Nom de Plume - Kestrel

Real Name - Not Telling

Age - 25ish? Maybe?

Height - 5' 6"

Weight - 127 lbs

Eyes - Green

Hair - Dark violet

Homeworld - Canopus XVI Station

Description

Kestrel's a smallish woman with the compact muscle and tone of a gymnast under and around her pleasing feminine shape. Pretty enough to notice, but not so beautiful as to draw a crowd, she's quite good at getting the reaction she wants from who she wants it from, without sticking out too much. Her hair is the only distinctive thing about her; cut short, she frequently colors it since it's covered by a hood when she's dressed for stealth. She doesn't appear to wear armor, preferring formfitting tights and bodysuits worn under more casual, easily discarded shirts and jackets. Her weapons are a pair of bracers that fit around her wrists and forearms that extrude orichalcum blades when triggered. The bladed disk on her back is another weapon.

Appearance 3, Charisma 2

Background

Inamar Quad-Four was born in the lower stacks of the Canopus XVI asteroid mining outpost. One of the many children born and either cast aside or to a mother who could not long survive, she was named for the location she was found by the local chapter of monks preaching the gospel of enlightenment to the unwashed; the Brotherhood of Golden Light. They raised her in their orphanage, as best they could, though she was always more than a handful.

Even as a child she lived on the streets as much or more than she did in the orphanage, always finding ways to sneak out, or a gullible mark to convince to open a door. There in the dark alleys she learned to watch and listen, to move quietly and keep her head down. She also made the acquaintance of an old man; an unusually kindly beggar everyone called Old Squint for his seemingly permanently squeezed-shut eyes. Even then, Inamar felt something about him, something that made her come back again and again to listen to his stories, bringing gifts of food or basic goods like shoes.

In time Squint started teaching the girl things. How to move when no one was looking, but be still when they looked back. How to grab something in a flash while never moving your eyes or face...you could steal something right from under someone's nose and they'd never know it that way. He never talked about where he'd learned these things, but Inamar had heard rumors...enough to suspect that her previous intuitions had been correct. He was much more than he seemed.

That turned out to be entirely correct. As she got older, and got in trouble more than once, he taught her to defend herself. Not simple street brawling, no. The practiced, stylized moves of a martial artist. Inamar's natural physical grace made her the perfect student.

In the end, Inamar never found out if Squint had known that he was guiding her down a road that would lead to a shard of Exaltation finding her. He gave her the tools, and the confidence, to pull off truly audacious acts. Not just crimes, but performance art. By her thefts, and sabotages, she made the mighty barons of the Granite Gates look like fools, and brought rare moments of hope to the downtrodden in the refinery pits. Of course, it wasn't altruism. She just hated them, and they had stuff she wanted. If she could make their lives difficult and get rich in the process...AND make people's lives a little brighter...win-win-win!

And that's when the Shard of Krysta Trell found her. A trickster and rogue herself, it was drawn to her kindred spirit, as if finding an old home again. Inamar picked a new name for herself, but Squint was nowhere to be seen. She feared he'd finally died, but not even his body turned up.

Distraught, she used her ill-gotten goods to secure passage away from Canopus, to a world with more than two-bit robber barons to victimize.

On Ubor, her next port of call, she discovered the limits of Exaltation. After a close call against a pair of Dragonblooded investigators, Kestrel decided to go legit. Too dangerous. She cashed in her chits and booked another starship to a world where she'd have a clean slate. But fate, as fate so often does, intervened.

The ship she was riding suffered some kind of accident. She never did find out exactly what. Wrenched out of its starlane, it spiraled uncontrolled through space until it arrived at the edge of a terrible solar system. Or what had once been a solar system. Now it was simply an empty stretch of space with a spot at the center that was darker than black; backlit by an accretion disk of gas and radiation helplessly being dragged to its doom. They had arrived at one of the Tomb Stars.

In the end, Kestrel and some of the crew were able to find the sabotage that had caused the incident and correct it, allowing the ship to pull free of the horror's grip and find its way back to a starlane. The experience marked Kestrel though; marked her deep.

Staring into the Tomb Star had been staring into the end of the cosmos. They would eat, and eat, and never fill. They could not be destroyed, or stopped. One day they would be all that was left, floating in a void of their own creation.

When the ship pulled into the port at Agartha, Kestrel deboarded...and began her life of crime in earnest. Every moment was precious. She could not waste a single one doing anything other than living to the fullest. A quiet life was wasted. Danger was to be faced, even embraced...and while death wasn't something she was eager for, she didn't fear it as she once had. There was worse out there. Waiting. Eating.

World after world followed. Each one she picked her targets. The fat and the callous, the arrogant and pompous. She brought them low, making each theft a work of art; a canvas that revealed their subjects as fools. She pricked the egos of the unjustly mighty and laughed while they bled. The things she fancied, she kept. The rest she sold or squirreled away to one day afford a ship of her own. Each time the retaliation of her victims threatened, she fled without remorse...she was no samurai to meet them in honorable combat. She would have her cake AND eat it.

As Kestrel was enjoying a quiet ride from Ocean's Rest; a quaint little vacation planet owned by a consortium of wealthy Imperial magnates, the liner she was a passenger on was attacked by the Linthia pirate clan. As much for her own sake as for the others, Kestrel managed to convince the Linthia that she was indeed the notorious thief, and more valuable alive than dead. They took her to the Princess of Swans, the poetically-named clan overseer who had overcome her natural plain appearance by surgical, Essence, and even necromantic means to become gorgeous, but creepily doll-like in looks.

The Princess had a proposition for Kestrel; one she couldn't refuse. However, sensing that the space pirates wouldn't want someone with her talents running around free after it was over, she cashed in a few favors and did something few ever have the guts to do...or keep those guts long enough to boast about. She double-crossed the Linthia Clan.

She went on the run...but she did not run aimlessly. She used the short time left before the Clan came for her to make arrangements. Then, on the very day she was to make the delivery, tragedy! The star Marshals caught her in the middle of a botched robbery! The horror! How could she make the delivery NOW? Behind closed doors, Kestrel met with the Marshals and made an offer in earnest. She'd help them move against the Lintha space pirates, sharing what she knew of their secret starlanes, ships and bases. In exchange, she wanted freedom from prosecution for past offenses, and 'salvage rights' from the operations. And just to make sure it was all on the level, and to use those salvage rights, she'd be going with their team. The Marshals, with some suspicion; but unwilling to let the opportunity by, agreed.

• 1 month later...

Name - Sun Kai

Age - 27

Height - 5'10"

Weight - 157 lbs

Eyes - Brown

Hair - Black

Homeworld - Canopus XVI Station

Description

Marshal Sun Kai is a physically fit, graceful and lithe figure with hair so short-cropped as to be almost monastic, with a quiet, focused, yet oddly calm look about him. Despite his looks, he wears nondescript clothing, under which is a jade-studded vest with a concealed holster and blaster pistol. Resting on his arms are thin yet elegant jade bracers, flowing around his forearms draconic-like.

Less often though, he has been seen with hook swords paired and strapped onto his back, but still easily drawn and wielded. (Appearance 3, Charisma 2)

Background
Background

Sun Kai was born Peleps Kai, but from a young age foresaw his path as being different from the siblings and cousins around him. They were far too intemperate, and singularly focused on the interests of themselves and the Corporations. But when the Celestial Grand Mountain and human space stretched so far, and so strained as a result - could they not sense the agony of so many and forbear to mend the rifts of depravity?

It became clear as he reached adulthood that the elders and he could not reconcile these different views, and so Sun Kai informally left Peleps & Ragara, rechristening himself Sun Kai, a to-be enlightened enforcer of peace and order. He took his training with the Star Marshals, and found an old secret log of a formalized martial arts style of Essence.

The Mechanical Incarnate Entity style he found grounding and enlightening, and devoted himself to mastering this Terrestrial style. With its aid, Sun Kai has developed a notable reputation and success as an effective Star Marshal, incorruptible and dogged.

Copper Palm Zed

Aspect: Water

Height: 5'10"

Weight: 226 lbs

Homeworld: Aden III

Description:

Copper Palm Zed is, to be blunt, actively unattractive. It's crazy. It's like someone's middle-school kid took a giant walnut, tried to smooth it out and make it a little more square, but got bored halfway through and just used that for a human head. You would see deep blue eyes if you look under bushy eyebrows beneath the thinning hair on his head. And a turnip-shaped nose. And a gap-toothed grin. And a wispy beard that looks like it stopped growing ten minutes after he hit puberty.

And yet, for all that, he never seems to lack for company. People who talk to him can't help but be charmed by his good-natured, slightly oafish attitude. And people never seem to be so incredibly upset that they leave his underground gambling establishment, Flip of the Auspicious Coin, with bags of credit chips that are somewhat lighter than when they arrived.

He tends to dress in casual merchant clothing wherever he goes and greets everyone with a smile.

Appearance: 1

Charisma: 5

[b
Background]

Being the fat, ugly kid in a rough neighborhood is pretty tough without friends. Good thing he always had plenty. Raised by the whores of the Scarlet Lantern House (one of whom he is reasonably sure is his mother) in a neighborhood that changed hands more frequently than a credit coin, he mostly got by thru con games, gambling, and occasional honest trade. His exaltation was something of a shock and now he seeks to find out just who his sire was.

Janos Tem

Caste: Malefactor

Height: 5'8"

Weight: 190 lbs

Hair: Black

Eyes: Prismatic (explained below)

Homeworld: Acentetus Prime

Notes: Enchanting Features 4, Appearance 6, "unique traits" as mentioned below.

Description:

Were it not for his Exalted nature and occasional anima flares, Janos Tem could quite easily be confused for a highly advanced android. A quite frankly stunning male whose actions and mannerisms seem to indicate that he discovered the "best" way to do most things long ago and has done them the same ever since. Fortunately for those he interacts with, one of those things he has learned is masking his meticulous, hyperefficient nature with a veil of warmth and humanity.

Janos's Exaltation was brought to him by an Agata, one of the jeweled descendants of Cecelyne. During his Chrysalis, the demon left its mark on Janos not only in the form of angelic physical beauty but also in the form of color-shifting crystalline lenses where his irises should be and fingernails seeming to be more like stained glass than anything produced by the human body.

• 2 years later...

Exalt Name – Golden Seeker of Storms
Real Name - Artaith Iraida (Pronounced Ar- tay – ith E - ray – da) (AKA Arda Rae, Tamlin Kith, Melora Dane and other names all identities she has worn in her duties to the Mountain )
Age – Indeterminate She looks to be in her mid twenties to early thirties.
Height - 5' 11"
Weight - 144 lbs
Eyes - Yellow
Hair - Dark Red
Homeworld – Aafies II

Description
Artaith is an attractive woman with long wild Dark red hair and an enticing curvy Figure which along with her grace and quickness conceal her athleticism. When she is motionless her stance is relaxed and at ease, when she moves her step is confident and sure. Her hair is usually worn free and wild giving her an unkempt but attractive look, when business is serious she will pull her mane back into a long Tail, if required she will wear her hair styled for whatever occasion necessary, but she wont color it.

Her dress will fit the occasion from grungy dirty street clothes to a formal ball gown or a Military uniform and she will look natural while wearing it. When not required to dress for a role she is playing she will be found wearing something in the style of the clothing Pictured Below. While yellow is her Caste color she does not often wear clothing of Yellow instead choosing Jewelry and Accouterments to display her Caste.

Appearance 3, Charisma 3

]Snapshot_025_zps44104951.jpg

Background
Born and Raised on the planet of Aafies II a remote Frontier world of lowlands, swamps, marshes and mangrove forests, native home to the Mogg an somewhat primitive amphibian race and a large population of Humans s who came here after the Malfean War and for some unknown reason stayed. The planet is very harsh on technology and so travel is done by muscle powered rowboats and canoes in the swamps and bayous and wind driven sail in the open waters of the shallow seas. The mogg live throughout the swamps in small rural communities while the Humans tend to gather in Larger Towns nearer the larger open waters. There is one small city with an established Space port which only rarely sees any traffic.

Artaith was born into a family of Traders. Her father was the captain of the families trade barge and was often gone for weeks and months traveling from human settlement to human settlement. Artaith was the youngest of seven children and the only one at home during this time the others being of an age where they could either work on the barge with father or had left the settlement due to marriage or other work.

Artaith was a precocious child always wanting to know what was “over there†even as a toddler she was never afraid to wander off and on more than one occasion gave her mother a scare when she disappeared into the swamps, casing an uproar as mother called on neighbors to search for the obviously missing lost girl. Only she wasn’t missing she, even at the young age, always knew where she was and how to find her way home and always did make it back on her own. As she grew older she would be gone for days rowing up dark canals and bayous visiting Mogg villages finding new paths through the humid swamps. Even the adult villagers eventually started asking her to guide them through the swamps to better harvest areas or to new Mogg communities to trade with. She wasn’t a bother any more she was resource.

When she turned twelve her father brought her onto the barge for her first voyage onto the open sea (even though she had gone onto the sea by herself in her canoe on more than one occasion but had never told anyone cause it was forbidden). While she learned how to sail and the more physical duties of a barge worker to prepare her for taking her place in the family business, it was when father began to teach her how to navigate the ship by the stars that Artaith discovered a new desire one that the swamps and seas of Aafies II could never fulfill.

Looking up on the deck of the barge at night with a clear cloudless sky Artaith saw for the first time the glorious stream of light, the wondrous constellations the stellar clouds of color and infinite shape. Things she had never seen under the canopy of the mangrove. Her mind filled with the imaginings of a young child who had only vaguely listened to tales of other worlds among the stars and never gave them thought because she had never LOOKED at the stars before. Until now. Now her heart filled with this vision a vision of stars of places beyond this watery world. She was amazed. She learned all her father could teach her and when he couldn’t answer her questions she sought out other members of the family crew for answers. She wanted to know more about the stars the worlds out there. When she arrived at her first towns she didn’t go shopping or looking for fun she sought knowledge she visited people she had heard could tell her stories she explored the settlements looking for books data crystals anything to give her more information. She joined the crew of the Barge and never left it except to explore the new places they visited and she learned.

When Artaith was fourteen the barge visited the city as fate would have it a starship was here visiting this world for the first time in years. As soon as Artaith heard about the ship she made her way to the starport (a place she would have gone to even if a ship had not been there). There she learned that it was an imperial warship in orbit and that this massive ship at the port merely a shuttle. She was amazed at its size its beauty the fact that his ship actually traveled out THERE among the stars. She felt a keen desire but she had obligations as she turned to leave the port and return to the ship an Officer noticed her and called her over. At first she thought she was in trouble but the older mans manner put her at ease and she answered his questions as to what she was looking for. When she replied that she had heard of the space ship and wanted to know about it he volunteered to show her the shuttle and answer any questions she might have.. She readily accepted the offer and while they got a few strange looks the officer took her aboard the shuttle and showed her everything. He explained all the feature answered all her questions. He took her to the galley and she ate with the members of the crew it was the most amazing day of her life so far. She also answered every question the officer asked her fully and honestly, although she couldn't recall what all they had talked about after she left. And by the time she returned to the barge late that night she couldn’t even remember the officer.

When the barge finally return home a few weeks later Artaith and her family were surprised by the arrival of a air car from the city. Two Imperial officers found them and Artaith was offered a commission as a cadet. Reluctantly her father agreed to let her go and Artaith found her way off world and into a grand adventure her dreams suddenly made real.

The life of a cadet and eventually an officer in the imperial navy wasn’t pleasant but she did her duty and she learned. She learned how to pilot the great ships of space how to navigate among the stars. But the more she learned the more she grew frustrated for there was so much more out there and so many gaps in the knowledge available to her. She grew restless with the restrictions placed upon her as her duties as an officer were governed by the needs of the navy not her. Then on a mission as a junior officer her world and her place in it changed forever. The ship she was on was caught in a battle with Pirates. During the battle the ship received massive damage and sought escape. She was the only surviving navigator and had to put her crippled ship into a starlane to effect escape an almost impossible task with the ship and its systems as damaged as they were but somehow she did it she got the ship safely away from the pirates and back on a course to a safe haven. A haven the ship and she would never arrive at.

As the ship sped through the void Artaith had her injuries tended and was changing her uniform when an Officer cam to her quarters, it was the same officer she had met on Aafies II years ago a meeting she only now remembered. He told her the ship about to suffer a catastrophe and would be destroyed and that if she wished to live and fulfill her destiny she would have to come with him now. He revealed that he was a exalt a Sideral from the Celestial Mountain and his task was to bring her there.

The Celestial Mountain. The Heart of the Universe. The Source and Repository of all knowledge.

She went and never looked back.

Thus began her ordeal as a low level functionary in the Office of Census and Mapping she began her initial evaluation and preparations for her own exaltation which would be soon, they kept saying. She learned that she had been identified at birth as a potential exalt and so she had been monitored and prepped. Her appointment had been “arranged†and her placement on the doomed ship a final test. And after several annoying and frustrating years her time for exaltation came.

But there was a snag, somehow the shard that was to be hers was was misplaced, something unheard of but nonetheless it happened. The procedure was underway and could not be halted with out the death of the Human. There was no time to consult and the time and effort to prepare Artaith would be squandered and lost an unacceptable outcome. There was only one other Shard available at that moment Golden Seeker of Storms not a choice the Bureaucracy would have made under better circumstances for Storms had been a very rebellious exalt in her day and her shard had been only recently recovered from it's resting place of a thousand years. But the decision was taken from the Bureaucracies hands. As the Operators hesitated, the Shard of Golden Seeker of Storms itself took command of the situation and entered Artaith and she underwent Exaltation.

Glorious Exaltation!

Artaith awoke herself but not herself. She was new. She was old.

She was Artaith Iraida, The Golden Seeker of Storms

Over the months, years, Decades that followed her exaltation Artaith worked tirelessly to learn and serve her Maiden. She trained in the Martial Arts Becoming a student of Sifu Gile Bone, She Worked In the department of Census and mapping. She often took missions others did not wish to which took her outside the Mountain into Reality where she for a short time could at least have the illusion of freedom but these missions were always finite and her duty required her to return to the Mountain and the soul crushing frustration of her life as a bureaucrat. But always she sought more knowledge knowledge of the Galaxy how it was, what was myth what was fact where were the places in the legends located. And often she found that the data was missing or corrupted or just plain wrong. Her frustrations grew daily with the red tape with not being able to freely go out there to seek what she knew deep down was out there even if she didn’t know what it was she was looking for. Her frustrations led her to Department 137 and another way to seek. The Power of Sorcery. She delved into Sorcery with a fervor finding herself very good at it. And even though Sifu Gile did not approve of the Sorcery he did not discourage her for he could see the destiny of his student and knew that soon she would leave the Celestial Mountain Soon she would become Golden Seeker of Storms in deed as well as name.

And so that day came after many more years of service and a few adventures, such as her journey to the great seething plain of nothingness on the Void Planet of Houris where her memories of Golden Seeker of Storms led her or her infiltration of the PlyTiarch of Manethis as well as others, all tales which are secret to all but a few. But when in the Celestial Mountain Artaith's frustration with the Bureaucracy grew and her decision was made. The Mountain was damaged and the endless functionaries who made busy work was not fixing things but at best just keeping things as they were and at worse mucking it up more. She had made connections during her missions in reality mostly among the Marshals. Out there she could do more good than pushing papers and counting bodies. Out there she could explore she could make life better for those mortals who made up the populace of the galaxy. She would Join The exiles She did Not feel that she was abandoning her duties for there were many others who could do her job in the mountain but only she could her do job out in the Galaxy.

And so with her Monkey Staff of the Vipers Sting, a gift from sifu, in her hand and the Esoteric Records in Amber resting upon her bosom a gift of her Memories, Artaith Golden Seeker of Storms left the Mountain to Seek Destiny.

• Matt unpinned this topic

Archived