Big Eyes, Small Mouth (BESM): Monster Academy - Chapter 7: End of Term [complete]

Justin OOC

The return from Winter break came quickly. For Darrik, It ended his training in the magical Arts, without completion, but at least now, trying to channel both types of mana wouldn't kill him or drain him so badly.

For Aria and Eri, they'd found Kiba to be a solid companion, very knowledgable about a variety of topics, and a senior who seemed to be very comfortable around them.

Skye and Kuro found that the collar the headmaster fashioned did restore some of his strength and speed, but still left him unable to speak in human tongue. Still They managed to endure the hormone filled nights at the Sokatsu house, and indeed, Kyohei seemed to do what he could to spare them the worst of it.

For Katrina, the break was spent with Shizuru, one recovering from mental wounds, the other physical. She trained day and night to strengthen herself as a nekojin at Shizuru's insistence. There were still battles to be fought, and she would be needed.

For Yuuki, there was alot of teasing from Haruhana, and of course she and Kyohei still needed to discuss her admission from that night, but at least for now, her aunts and the Elder had agreed to travel to the valley for a stay. Life could go back to what passed for normal.

Lumah spent her time becoming acquainted with Ruby, the only witch there powerful enough to truly utilize her, and coming to understand Lumah's truly unique nature

Delilah and Kyra spent a great deal of time together, the former educating the latter on many things about city life. More often than not, Kyohei went with them, and while it was plain to see he did favor Delilah, he spent time with Kyra as well.

Things had gone remarkably well, all things considered, now, after two weeks, they were heading for finals, and the major crunch time for studying. As everyone waited for class to start, It was intriguing to hear the gossip still coming out of the winter break stories...

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Despite the progress Darrik had made with True Good and True Evil magic, it was still quite draining. Christmas Night had restored much of his energy, with the sensual and happy joining of him and Jez... but he suspected the being her Mate of Fate was about to draw him into deeper trouble once word got around.

Kyohei may have been with Delilah, but whatever people may have generally suspected he might or not have been, he wasn't a Warlock. Just because Darrik stopped being so reactive and confrontational didn't mean the mistreatment would stop, and the suspicions he'd used magic to get his way with her would of course heighten.

Whatever. To hell with them all if they couldn't accept the truth.

It was the first day of Mystel's new transfer into the Monster Acadamey' she was feeling nervous as would anyone who was suddenly thrust from their comfort zone and into a melting pot of people she didnt know for twenty four hour a day new home setting...She knew that since it was the end of the term it might be difficult catching up with class assignments, so she hoped her former school would have helped waved that inconvince by adding credits from her previous classes where nessecary...Upon entering her home room she got the feeling in the pit of her stomach that there were powerful creatures amongest her, like a mass of raw fear that washed over her...

However this did not make her sharade falter, she just went in with a relaxed smile and a posture that seemed more lucid and fluid despite how she knew that her unfarmiliar presence had gained some attention from the other classmates..."Ummm...Exuse me...Does anyone know where the home room teacher is?"...Mystel asked since among this mass of people she coudnt even tell where the front of the room was to find said teacher...

Katrina sat at her seat, watching the other students, as promised to Shizuru she kept what happened in the beast lands a secret. To her the holidays seemed like such a waste.

She knew her life was about to become dangerous... she was a marked girl now, and nothing could change that.

To her, what the various students whispered about... seemed almost petty.

Kyohei noted the new student and her question and nodded as he got up to greet her. "Miss Nekomone is almost always a little late. She has other duties here on campus, Though Rubi's helping her." Kyohei offered her a genuinely friendly smile.

"It's a heck of a thing transferring to a new school just before final exams. I'm Kyohei, if you need any help don't hesitate to ask." There was no mockery in his tone, or inquisition, just friendly generosity.

He thought about his clubmates, and had listened to the rumors of course. The fact Eri and Aria had made friends with a senior was surprising, but still not unpleasant. He figured that Darrik and Jez would finally get together, from his own experiences with a succubus.

Still he had no idea who the new girl was, or for that matter what she was.

Mystel was slightly surprised she was addressed so quickly and less formally than she was used to...However upon looking at Kiyohei her smile once again had turned to that fake plaster of false happiness..."Oh...Well...That's alright...I just don't have a roster for my assigned seat or dorm yet"...Mystel said in a sweet way before winking at the attractive boy while inwardly she scowled at the obviouse superiour class he might be from...

She then took her braid and tossed it lazily over the side of his shoulder and looked him over..."I'm Mystel...Mystel Myersoul"...She said before shifting a little so her uniform was now wrinkled a bit, but being the type to love her appearnce she just took her free hand to smooth it out...

His eyes narrowed. "Wow, she must be really busy, as she tends to be the Teacher dispatched to greet transfers."

"It's a pleasure to meet you Mystel, "

He looked back the way he'd come, where Delilah was in front of him, Yuuki to his left and Kyra to his right. "Well there's an empty seat behind me, if you don't want to sit at the very front of the class, You can sit there if you like, until she assigns you a seat."

Katrina eyes the new student over as she slumps in her seat, head laying on her crossed arms. She was tired from training, but not sleepy. Her body was sore and even with her recuperative ability was feeling the burn every day... now with classes as well... she was realizing she might be in over her head a little. At least until her stamina catches up.

She smiles a weak smile and continues to observe.

Mystel looked at him and considered the offer to sit close to him...Obviousely she didn't think it would hurt if she sat behind him, and being that it was in the back of the class, she could easily watch for any signs of treachorey..."Sure...Sounds great"...She cooed before looking at the rest of the creatures there she couldn't tell who was what and that unsettled her, she couldn't actually make a stratigic move without knowing what they were capable of...

Mystel took a seat and set her bag down and looked out the window, sighing eondering if her brother would like the person she had become...So untrusting, and suspicious of every single thing...

"Mystel, that's a unique name. Does it have a special meaning? Is it another language?" He was innocently fishing for more information about her to pass the time. He knew the others would take notice and return to their seats, or in some cases arrive, and he wanted to be able to make introductions properly.

"I take it you were in the human world before transferring to the Academy?"

Mystel knew if she gave him the meaning of her name he would realize what she was, however she was seeing no harm in it..."Its Veran for Many Face's"...She said since the name of every shapechanger had Myst in the front which meant Face(s), and Tel was many...All shapechanger names had to represnet in some way what they did as more of a pride than anything...

She then looked at him like she was getting nervous before swithing back to her normal facade, she didn't want him probing too much..."I don't want to talk about that"...She said in a overly sweet tone...

He nodded after hearing the meaning "Cool." Then when she said she didn't wish to talk of it, he smiled. "Okay. There something you would like to talk about?" He was someone who seemed totally at ease, exuding an almost palpable aura of trustworthiness and genuine curiosity, and geniality.

Mystel looked at him for a long time at hearing his question on the topic and pursed her lips before grinning..."So...What blood line do you inherit?"...She asked wanting to be sure he wasn't of any of the Lord's children, since that would make him her enemy...

Her face could be as happy and as sweet as she could act, but her eyes were dead like they held no hope for the future, present, or past...

"Bloodline? Oh that, I'm not a child of any of the Lords, though I do know and call a few of them friends." He smiled like there was nothing wrong with that, indeed he really didn't think of them that way, they were just people to him, not scions of noble houses.

His eyes narrowed slightly, he'd noticed something.

At hearing thatt he had no connection through blood relation to the most hated of her enimies, she could forgive that he breaks bread with the enimies since she wasn't the type to judge him based on that..."I see...Do you mind telling me exactly who are the children of the Great and powerful ones?"...She asked feeling sick at refering to them as more than she believed they were worth...

"Well Kyradathea is the Red Dragonlord's daughter, Serena is Forbesi the demonlord's daughter, but she's a senior.. Though not technically a Monster Lord, Delilah's mother Lilith is very powerful too." He nodded. Those are the ones I know that are still around. Serena's brother transferred out awhile back, and our Teacher is actually the Eldest daughter of the PantherLord."

He shook his head. "None of them really act like it though, they're all good nice people, like you and I."

Mystel was shocked to hear there were so many of them, and one of them had a position of power within the school...This was bad on how she could tactically apply herself to revenge with so many of them grouped together, they seemed to be all friends so attacking one head on could envoke a group reaction..."Oh?...And how did you all meet?"...She asked curiously and then took out a nail file and started to give herself a manicure...

She heard the remark about them being down to earth types and she resisted the urge to snort out in disbelief..."Yeah...I'll believe that one when humans start to hunt vampires for their blood"...She thought to herself while still smiling and filing...

Katrina's eyes narrowed at Kyohei's remark.

She further read the conversation, and saw Mystel in of herself was a trustable sort.

"People always have a facade they show to others, Kyohei. Be mindful of that."

"And forgive for interrupting, I'm Katrina, Mystel. Katrina DeWitt."

She smiled a bit more. Looking more interested in this conversation with her eyes.

(ooc: I guess I will get a small introduction out of the way)...

At hearing Katrina speak she felt nervous since she was basically implying that she wasn't how she seemed to Kyohei and that was a threat to her persona, however she just turned and waved..."Hi...I'm Mystel Myersoul"...She chirped out although distrusting at this new girl...

"No need to be shy, Mystrel, I wasn't speaking about any of us... everyone here are trustable as far as I know. Nekomone-Sensei is a wonderful person once you get to know her."

She sat back and smiled in a calm way, showing earnest intent in her words. "This school seems to be the safest place to be overall, all things considered.

"In fact once I get the proper training with the Phys-Ed teacher here, I will hopefully be one of the student lifeguards here at the pool."

"We're all in class together, and belong to the Newspaper club. Miss Nekomone is the faculty sponsor."

He nodded at Katrina's interruption. The incident with Kuro had scarred her, and he hoped she could get beyond it, and not let it rule her life.

He nodded. "It has to warm up enough to use the pool first though. The ice only just finished melting."

Mystel decided she would ponder on what Katernia was saying as she waited for Kyohei to respond to her, if this place was safe like she said then that would mean secuirty might be tight against threats wether it be inside, outside, or both...Another disadvantage that she had to count against herself...Life was so tough when plotting vengence...

"Newspaper club?...Like media?"...She asked relaing that she might be able to use propaganda to influence the minds of students if she was to do it right giving her more of a foot hold in succuring what she wanted...

"Of course... unless we got Arctic water SCUBA training as part of the curriculum." Katrina said with a laugh. Although to be honest she also wanted to try that at some point in her life. "Sad we don't have that pool indoors or with some sort of shelter... you know, like some tennis courts have with those big white inflated domes... Hey... we could have some sort of fund raiser to get one big enough for the pool! I mean, think of it... year-round swimming!"

Somehow some energy entered back into her... she forgot about her dramas.

"Yeah! That's just what the school needs... a goal to strive for! Other than good grades or what-not."

Noting that Mystel was being quiet was... awkward.

"And integration with the human world." Kyohei added. "It's something to consider."

Kyohei looked to Mystel and smiled. "Yeah as the name implies we publish a monthly newspaper for the school, everyone has areas they're responsible for. I've been elected to be our editor."

"We also helped the theater club with their production last year, which was all kinds of fun."

Katrina scratched her head. "Yeah... I don't do well with sudden requests to be an actress." Katrina said, in a way returning to her thoughts. Suddenly having to confront her own people was... a mirror to her predicament.

She breaks out laughing. Realizing the irony, and probably looking completely mad.

Mystel nodded and looked at them and decided she better find out her area of responsiblity..."I think the newspaper is a good fit for me"...She said in a sweet way and then decided she had to he careful around media sources as well, who knows what gossip against her could leak out...

"That's cool, after you get settled in to your dorm and all, we can show you the club room, and if you want, we're always accepting new members."

He looked at Katrina. "And She did apologize for putting you on the spot like that. Still you were an usher for the production and that helped."

Mystel turned to look from Katerina to Kyohei and shrugged..."I need to find my dorm first"...She said in kind of an annoyed way since she was kind of tired..She was kind of getting sick of them since she was tired and hungry, but kept her facade up..."I would enjoy to meet the club later"...She said before yawning and looking down at her nails...

Skye entered the room, looking stoic and impassive. She’d just been subjected to another round of insults and mockery in the hall, all of them about her boyfriend. All most of the students knew was that she’d gone on break with Kuromuro and he hadn’t returned with her. They were assuming he’d dumped her so hard he hadn’t even wanted to come back to the same school as her. They all had theories about why.

The blonde girl ignored them, finding a seat and sliding into it. Kyohei and Katrina received a nod of greeting, while Darrik got a silent, wry look. Skye had heard the rumors of what he’d done on break, and frankly disapproved. While some could assume it was because he was a warlock and sleeping with Succubae was dumb, in truth, the young woman just felt that sex at their age was a bad idea period. They were too young for that kind of relationship.

The new girl didn’t even draw Skye’s interest, though had she heard that Mystel was interested in the newspaper club, she certainly would be interested. For now, she pulled out a book and started to read over yesterday’s assignment again. She hated being here but that was no reason to slack off and do poorly. It was a matter of pride, after all.

Katrina silently returned Skye's nod. In a way there was shame on Kat's face. Seeing Sky reminded her of what she has gotten into and what she had to do at some point. Now she regretted being in this class... but the chances of a transfer from the homeroom were... slim at best.

Sighing she turned to the front. In a way... she wished subconsciously she had met her end back in the beast lands instead of Kuro.

Academics was serious business in the Hina Valley, fractions of a percent meaning the difference between promotion and hard labor among young Hina. Coming back from the surreal liberty of the Human world and the strange tutelage of the new Elder to Final Exams had been a dash of cold water, Yuuki all but secluding herself in a series of cram sessions with her Sisters. Her turn to host one hadn't come up yet, but she was already planning something to one-up Shizuha's orange puffs, perhaps something with cinnamon...

Still, craming late into the night left less hours for sleep and harried mornings, not that she'd ever let herselff show how frazzled she was getting. Who scheduled exams for the dead of winter anyway? No Dryad was at her best in the winter. It was sadistic.

But that would be complaining and Hina didn't complain.

Yuuki paused just before entering the classroom, composing herself fully and flashing an automated smile at a passer-by before pulling open the door. Green eyes scanned the classroom, fixing briefly on the new girl chatting with Kyohei and Katrina. Have to investigate *her* further. The young Dryad gracefully made her way to her seat, smiling at the young human as she passed, a familar, happy smile with ever-so-much more than a hint of platonic friendship in it.

She'd have to do something about that after Finals, too.

Kyra had returned from the visit to Kyohei's home much more pleased in general, and while a dragon who was irritable was a danger to anyone around her, a pleased and happy dragon was a rare experience. She and her sister had come to a mutual agreement, they would wait until after the tests in order to test each other and see who was the dominant dragon in interactions between them. Around Delilah or Kyohei, she became rather, protective and possessive, though more in the manner of an easily excitable kitten then that of a guard dog.

As she headed toward the home room, she heard the things that were being said about Skye and her good mood vanished like clear day vanishing before a thunderstorm she began to growl softly, just enough that those nearest her heard and it and went silent as she passed. Skye was a friend in Kyra's eyes both Delilah and Kyohei liked her, and to Kyra, her loyalty to those she cared about was something to admire.

Anyone who knew anything about monsters in general, dragons in particular, and Kyra personally, would realize that Kyra was on the verge of doing something violent in reaction to the insults and teasing directed at Skye, as she walked into the home room, a low toned growl rising from her frame. Unless someone was to distract her soon, Kyra was on the verge of making her displeasure more apparent then it already was.

There were a great many holes in the class, representing missing students, and soon the cause was explained. One of the Teaching assistants, Miss Sairenji, came in. "Attention students. Classes have been suspended this week until further notice. All leaves from the campus are canceled, and all students are to be confined to their dormroom until notified otherwise."

She quieted the outrage here, and nodded. "A viral outbreak has struck this entire sector of our world, and has already infected staff and students. This virus causes our ability to suppress our true natures and forms and locks us in our natural form."

Current infection rates are thirty percent and rising. It may occur that finals will be pushed back, but not canceled as of yet. Each of you will find a laptop in your dorm room, to be used to continue your studies for finals, and We have arranged for meals to be brought to your rooms for the duration."

She sighed. "Those who are not here are already infected, and already in their dorms. Please take care, and return to your rooms now. No one is being allowed to leave the school in an effort to maintain the integrity of the monster realm, do not try."

Mystel was a little zoned out of the entire situation she looked surprised at hearing about some virus she knew nothing of..."A virus?!"...She cried out breaking her happy facade to look worried she was intrigued and scared at the same time...What could be the duration of the virus? does it have a cure, is it airborn?...How did it get here?...Were all questions racing through the shapechanger's mind...

The thing that worried her the most was the fact that if it reverted you to natural form, what would happen to her...She lost her natural form when she first discovered her power in the rite of passage...This could pose a genetic problem if she was to catch the virus, she might become unstable and lose the ability to control the mentality of any form she was to take afterward...

"I dont even have a dorm!"...The girl cried out again once again showing her displeasure for certain inconvenience...She was having the worst possible luck with this school that she might as well have been bound and gagged at the moment...

"You are Mystel?" The assistant looked at her notepad. "Ahh, it seems there's been an error, you've been placed in a room with two occupants already." She sighed. "live with it for now, and I will get on it, and try to get you to another room."

She sighed. "Yuuki, Kyohei, you will have to share your dormroom with Mystel at least for today."

Mystel hearing she would be sharing a room with Kyohei and someone named Yuuki was curious..."No rush...I dont mind being around Kyo"...Mystel said in her once again fake and happy voice, since she was now coming to terms with everything that was happening now...

Even though she never looked for the positives in anything that often, she decided to protect her little charade, she should just act more lax for them all despite how scared she was...

Delilah posed in front of the mirror trying on another dress and nodded, satisfied with the selection. The floor on her half of the room and a good portion of Aria's was littered with a great amount of the succubus' clothes - she didn't have that much that fit in her natural form.

The shimmering white dress emphasized her deep coppery skin that seemed to glow with an inner radiance and her sable, feathered wings. The backless dress swooped so low in the back it didn't impede her tail and the front was cut to show off the entire outer slopes of her overly abundant breasts. The young succubus was the very image of voluptuous, idealized sensuality with far more sex appeal than any school girl should have had.

Delilah could taste the fear and anxiety from students and staff with the outbreak of the virus. She'd been worried when she caught it herself, but not for long as her innate nature asserted itself. Now, she was irritated that Aria was off skulking somewhere.

Kyohei's rising concern was a beacon, an obvious outlet for her passions. Delilah left her room and strutted down the hall of the girls dorm, her wings wrapped around her shoulders like a cloak and the high heels of her strappy sandals clicking on the tiles like hooves. They were supposed to be quarantinen, but surely they'd make an exception for her.

"Mine!" roared Mimi, a troll girl - huge, muscular, and unfortunate - standing at an intersection. "Pay toll or no pass or troll crush."

"Oh, of course," Delilah agreed in husky tones, holding up a closed hand.

When Mimi bent down to see, Delilah grabbed her on either side of the head and pulled her into a supernatural, overwhelming Kiss. Mimi crashed to the ground, wracked with orgasmic bliss and Delilah shuddered deliciously at the taste of her soul - it was only a small piece and would recover in a few hours.

The same happened to a Neko who had been especially hard on Skye. It had taken Delilah a bit more effort to Kiss her and she had been clawed a bit. But at least half of the Cheerleading team was quarantined and the overflowing passions of the succubae and nymphs were more than enough to help her recover.

Suddenly, Delilah stopped at a door, distracted from her pursuit of Kyohei by another goal. She took a deep breath, taxing the limits of her dress, flared her wings, and struck a sensual pose. The teen temptress possessed a remarkable presence, but after consuming bits of several souls, it was even more potent, enhancing her appeal. Glowing, purple eyes glittered almost as if she was intoxicated.

"Serena, Serena, Serena, you've been ducking me for too long, now," Delilah said in tones of pure seduction as she knocked on the Demon Lord's daughter's door. "Now then - since we're on lock down, how 'bout we relieve the boredom with each others company, hey?"

Skye knew she should be alarmed by the news of the virus. But some tiny part of her secretly hoped that Kuro would catch it and it would break the curse his father had put on him. After all, his true form was hardly a cat, was it?

Speaking of, she wasn’t at all troubled by having to stay in her dorm room. She could cuddle with Kuro and still study; it sounded like a win-win to her. Sure, she’d have to be with Serena, too, but the demon was able to not annoy Skye most of the time, and they almost had a friendly relationship. Skye would trust her about as far as she could throw her, but the half-angel knew that her roommate wasn’t going to mess with her things.

The new girl was throwing a fit and Skye tried not to roll her eyes. A few weeks ago, she would have been throwing a fit, too. Now, however, she knew what real pain was like, and the matter of having to share a room with two fairly decent people seemed fairly minor.

Archived