Mutants & Masterminds: Lake City Universe - HoH: The Early Bird Killer (OOC)

Heritage

Per Mr. Hound's request, here's a dedicated OOC thread for the serial killer investigation, which is probably a good idea; we'll keep the other open for character edit discussion and the like, unless there is a ground-swell of support for locking it.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the nitty gritty numbers matter for this section of the info dump, Russell will Power Attack those doors for 5. (yay for being able to use my new feats) I think you can still auto hit inanimate objects right? Or was that some crazy house rule that I getting mixed up with how you're actually supposed to play?

Power Attacking would make it a Rank 15 damage effect (Save DC 30) Just in case, here's the roll:

[quotemyname] 10:22 am: Can you auto hit inanimate objects? Or am I just high or something?
[jameson] 10:22 am: you can
[Jeremy] 10:23 am: or you can roll vs DC 10
[Jeremy] 10:23 am: and get an auto crit if you hit
[jameson] 10:23 am: or that
[Carver-working] 10:23 am: Hey, Quote.
[jameson] 10:24 am: DC is modified by the objects size however
[jameson] 10:24 am: rolling to hit a dime is harder than rolling to hit the earth
[quotemyname] 10:24 am: "Large wooden doors"?
[Carver-working] 10:25 am: Someone's knocking!
quotemyname *rolls* 1d20: 7+3: 10
[jameson] 10:25 am: brb again
[quotemyname] 10:25 am: witness?
[Carver-working] 10:25 am: I do avow and witness.
[/CODE]

Everyone gets an HP for this disturbing turn of events!

OK, I'm going to press this issue. How are we tracking HPs? Are you doing it? Are we? I don't have a preference but I think we need to be on the same page.

Plus I have no idea how many HPs I have now. Which only serves to punctuate my questions above. :)

SB here.

1: We probably have our normal stock of starting HPs again since this is a new adventure. Although it is Heri's call if that is in fact the case.

2: It is known we just picked up one from a in-game event.

Yea, RAW, you reset to 1HP every time it's a new 'adventure'. Given the time break, I'd say this qualifies. It's also just additional reasoning to press for a new OOC thread every time. That way, there's a real break as well as a logical break between in game adventures.

I say we count our own HPs. That way you can post or re-post your count however often you like so as to make sure you remember what you've got. It also takes more weight off the shoulders of the GM, and could help to speed things up so that no one has to ask how many they have and have to wait for a response from Heritage.

Hellhound starts at one, and has gained one from an In game event.

HH HP Total: 2

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, so I went over the past thread and stuff that happened here (and Blitz had a little mini-adventure that took place over the weekend), so the HP totals stand thusly:

Special Agent Gary Samson: 4 HP

Blitz: 3 HP

Hellhound: 3 HP

Superball: 2 HP

Yea, I don't think Russ mentioned in character that our mysterious quarry mentioned something about being able to 'bleed through the cracks' or something in the hours just before dawn. So maybe if they'd done some minor damage or work around the place earlier... But like you said, Gary would need more info / prompting to come to that conclusion since Russ never actually said anything about it. I'll have him let more info slip in his next post, but it'll be obvious that he didn't think it through too much (because he's not that smart). Gary can put the rest of the pieces together after that. Sound good?

I wasn't suggesting that he should call attention to himself. Just that Hellhound's going to let slip additional information off the cuff. Gary will over hear it. Gary, being the intelligent man he is will have a "Lightbulb!" moment when he hears the new info and then he can do whatever he wants, even if that involves staying out of sight or not.

Gary's not really near by to the others though. Unless Russ yells I doubt Gary, deep in concentration and searching for clues, is going to hear something said in casual conversation, outdoors, during the day, on a construction site, several yards off.

Or maybe I am incorrect about the proximity factor.

Also realized (too late) that Naomi could have been doing some kit-bashing on the fly in terms of sensory equipment and the like. I am not going to metagame this so I had this stuff prior.

But now... well I should read the thread first.

Addendum: Okay, right now Naomi is just doing this the old-fashioned way. I think at some point (perhaps with further IC prompting) Naomi should be able to jury-rig a electromagnetic anomaly detector. Can't do it at this moment since she is already doing a old-fashioned engineering investigation.

I mean something supernatural if it is powerful enough should influence it's surroundings in a noticeable way, shouldn't it?

Haha, yea, just assume that I don't really follow any threads except for the ones I'm RPing in. Play by Post has become so much of a back-burner hobby for me it's mildly upsetting (Until I think about all the other things I've got going on and realize it was a totally legitimate decision). I'll post after you throw something up :)

Archived