Scene 2 - End of the Road [IC]

Nayobee's speed was a boon, she could cover nearly double the ground that the rest of the party could due to the dwarf's short legs and heavy armor. She ranged ahead along the road, which truly was more of a wide cart path than a true road, and returned periodically. The first five miles were easily covered without incident before it became too dark to travel.

The next morning came and the group prepared to depart. Though they had only made a small dent in the overall journey they were better placed to rise with the sun and depart without delay. The rest of the day's walk would get them to the waypoint earlier, and they might even have time to start the return before dark. Alenka chanted a preparatory spell before leaving, summoning a sheathe of rocky armor to cover her body.

"I suggest you cast any preparatory spells before we leave," she said to Shiral'ven, "These woods can be dangerous, and we are close enough to the Korkari Wilds that all manner of predator could come upon us." She suggests the same to the others, in case any had thought to keep weapons or shields slung, "I hope we can avoid trouble, but it is better to be prepared."

Once everybody is ready to leave Alenka again speaks up, "Nayobee will be scouting again I assume, but how should the rest of us proceed? In what order I mean, and single file or two abreast?"

OOC:

Alenka's Casting Test 3d6+4 vs TN 10

jameson *rolls* 3d6: 2+3+1+4: 10

Passed (barely) Alenka has 17 Magic Points remaining

Mala - Your Rock Armor spell cannot be cast in combat so now would be the time to cast it if you want to use it. A casting roll will be needed, and I will need to know how much mana you wish to spend on it for duration. If you have questions let me know.

Joani - Please give me a Dexterity (Stealth) roll and a Perception (Seeing) roll or Perception (Hearing), whichever is better.

The rest of you, please make clear in your post what weapons you have ready (if any) and reply to Alenka about traveling order. I'll update again on Monday.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nayobee kept a regular schedule checking back on her companions to make sure the passage was still save.

At the break of dawn she was already on her trail again scouting the immediate area aroudn their camp, just in case someone was setting up an ambush. The young elven scout came back on light feet and nodded briefly at Alenka. “The path seems clear for now but I suggest keeping your eyes open as we get closer to our next mark.”, she was about to scurry away when she added, “Single file is my call but you’ll manage something reasonable yourselves, I s’pose”

And with that she was gone.

Tasty Rolls

[Joani] 2:47 pm: ok - I start with my Perception roll

Joani *rolls* 3d6: 5+2+3+3: 13

[Joani] 2:47 pm: no focus

[Joani] 2:47 pm: and now my Dex (Stealth) roll

Joani *rolls* 3d6: 4+3+2+6: 15

[jameson] 2:48 pm: if you want to use your Scouting Talent to re-roll

[jameson] 2:48 pm: a 9 on the dice is a touch on the low side, but you have to take the 2nd roll

[Joani] 2:49 pm: tell you what, let me re-roll, just to get a feel for it

Joani *rolls* 3d6: 6+5+2+6: 19

[jameson] 2:49 pm: roll dem bones

[Joani] 2:49 pm: ha!

[jameson] 2:49 pm: ha

Djuric was checking his weapons. He decided to use his battle ax and mace to fight with. He had them at the ready in case they needed them. Even so he would need to know what the marching orders were and who would go where. "Should I be up in the front or want me to watch the back of the guard?" he asked.

They must be waiting for you to decide. Heln wasn’t sure why, but she was Ferelden and that meant something. “I’m first, then the mages, then Ryoma and Djuric. If Nayobee is able to keep eyes to our front, then we can back-weight the tail and cover our backs.” As she spoke, Heln was setting her shield on her arm and testing the draw of her blade.

Personally, she was expecting trouble after or around the bridge. She’d heard her father cursing about losing goods on the path, and it usually happened around there. Bridges made good places for bandits to hid and wait.

Once everyone was in order and ready, Heln set off at a steady, strong pace. They had a long walk ahead of them.

He nodded at Heln's marching order, grateful for the boots he'd bought before they'd left. He mused over the flute he'd spent some of his sparse coin on as well, wondering what had prompted the purchase. Either way, that wasn't important for today. He cast the protection spell he'd learned at the Tower, sending several villagers skittering away in fear. He ignored them. After a while, one simply got used to it.

"Well, fearless leader," he teased lightly, knowing he was probably needling Alenka and not really caring for the moment, "lead on."

Rock Armor
Cast for 6 hours.

Malachite *rolls* 3d6: 1+4+4+4: 13

[jameson] 5:49 pm: passed

10/18 MP

Ryoma wore the armor he'd brought with him, his maul over his should ready to meet any foe foolish enough to come at them. His axe was ready at his side now, should it be needed. More than anything he seemed almost eager for battle. "Two abreast is the best way, harder for any foe to bottle us up than single file. I'd recommend Our Magi each pair with one of our warriors. Conventional wisdom would put them in the middle, thus splitting them will force any attackers to split their forces."

In the end they split the difference. While Nayobee ranged out ahead along the path, which Alenka assured was clear enough that even a knife-ears could find it, the party moved single file through the forest with the mages split. Heln at the front with Alenka behind her, followed by D'juric, Shiral've, and the Avvar Ryoma at the rear. This they traveled and thus the morning passed fairly uneventfully.

Shortly before noon Nayobee returned from scouting the back trail, reporting that none followed them that she had seen. Alenka said that the bridge was just over the rise and there was a clearing with a small spring on the other side that they could lunch at before completing the second half of the trip.

Once the party topped the rise and emerged from the woods, however, it becomes obvious that something is wrong. There’s a deep chasm directly ahead that splits the road like an axe had hewn at the earth, but no bridge to be seen. It takes only seconds to notice the heavy stakes to which a wooden bridge was probably once attached; the ropes are frayed and cut, and the wood is marred by many cuts.

Without warning there comes a shout from behind the group, quickly followed by a chorus of answers. Suddenly a band of horrifically ugly, squat humanoids with yellowish-grey skin charge out of the woods, brandishing throwing axes.

“By the Maker!” Alenka cries. “Genlocks!” Indeed a single Genlock Alpha, and five lesser genlocks leaps from the trees some fifty feet from the heroes,. brandishing axes and shields.

OOC:

Firstly, each player must make a Dexterity (Initiative) test.

• Alenka's Dexterity (Initiative): jameson *rolls* 3d6: 6+6+6+1: 19
  • Genlock Dexterity (Initiative):
    • jameson *rolls* 3d6: 5+6+5+1: 17
    • jameson *rolls* 3d6: 2+4+1+1: 8
    • jameson *rolls* 3d6: 4+4+6+1: 15
    • jameson *rolls* 3d6: 5+4+3+1: 13
    • jameson *rolls* 3d6: 6+1+2+1: 10

[*]Genlock Alpha Dexterity (Initiative): jameson *rolls* 3d6: 1+6+6+2: 15

Secondly, each player must pass a Perception (Seeing or Hearing) test against a Target Number of 12. Any who meet or exceed the TN 12 will be able to act during the surprise turn, otherwise they will be caught surprised and unable to act.

Alenka's Perception (Seeing): jameson *rolls* 3d6: 6+2+2+1: 11 • failed, she cannot act in the first round

Since you are all new to combat we will run through actions one at a time kicking off on the first round with the highest Initiative of those able to fight during the surprise round.

Init

Long6 *rolls* 3d6: 6+2+1+3: 12

[Long6] 11:17 am: Per

Long6 *rolls* 3d6: 2+6+6+1: 15

"I knew this had been too easy." He unlimbered his Maul and made ready to combat this Genlock band. He was far, far more worried about the absent bridge though. Bringing up the rear he would likely be one of the first to meet this band, and nodded. At least there were no archers he could see.

This wasn't the way she had planned things but it certainly came close to what she expected. Bow ready at hand she tried to take best advantage of the terrain and fire off a few shots before the melee combatants blocked her sight for a clear shot.

"Take out their Alpha first, that should demoralize them!", she said as she took aim at exactly said Genlock - forcing her breath to steady she slowly exhaled...

Init and Perception

Initiative

[Joani] 6:45 pm: k - I'll roll my Init first then

[stargaizer] 6:46 pm: Joani/Jameson, is there some ED game going on that I don't know about?

[jameson] 6:46 pm: Dragon Age

Long6 stares at max

[Joani] 6:46 pm: Stargaizer - it is Dragon Age and I ported Nayobee over

Joani *rolls* 3d6: 2+5+2+4: 13

Perception

[Joani] 6:48 pm: now I roll Perception

Long6 looks to his bookshelf "I have one already, they all still live in fear of being put next to it."

[Long6] 6:48 pm: Right now the M&M 3e book is looking to be the one to earn that distinction

[salmonMax] 6:48 pm: Hee hee

[salmonMax] 6:48 pm: Oh man, that's no good!

[salmonMax] 6:48 pm: M&M 3rd Ed is a good book!

[salmonMax] 6:48 pm: Don't sully it.

Joani *rolls* 3d6: 5+5+5+3: 18

[Joani] 6:49 pm: booyaka

He'd knelt down at a clump of flowers, picking several of them for use in potions later, when the Genlocks attacked. He'd heard about them from the elders in his clan growing up and seen pictures in the books in the Tower, but the sheer twisted wrongness of darkspawn froze him in place. His mind yelled at him to get moving, but his body seemed leagues away, sluggishly standing and dropping the flowers as he reached for his staff.

Elgar'nan guide my aim and bring Falon'din to guide my enemies beyond the Veil...or wherever darkspawn go when they die.

Perception and Initiative
[Malachite] 12:05 pm: Shiral'ven Perception:

Malachite *rolls* 3d6: 6+5+2+1: 14

[Malachite] 12:05 pm: Shiral'ven Initiative:

Malachite *rolls* 3d6: 1+5+3+1: 10

Heln had been keeping an eye on the road; she wasn’t expecting surprises, not with Nayobee around but that was not to be. Instead of getting the surprise, they were the surprised. Cursing all incompetent elves softly under her breath, Heln raised her crossbow and took a step in front of Alenka. The Arl had made it clear he wanted his mage back in one piece.

Initiative (Dex is 2): 14

Carver-working *rolls* 3d6: 5+1+6+2: 14

Perception (Perc is 1): 12

Carver-working *rolls* 3d6: 5+4+2+1: 12

[jameson] 3:15 pm: but are they wise enough to use to well?

D'juric's rolls
[jameson] 2:53 pm: Perception +1
jameson *rolls* 3d6: 1+1+5+1: 8
[jameson] 2:53 pm: Dexterity +2
jameson *rolls* 3d6: 3+2+4+2: 11
Kolani's Initiative
jameson *rolls* 3d6: 3+2+5+3: 13

Alenka was caught staring in horror as the first of the beasts charged. Though they seemed crudely formed and thick with flab and muscle they moved as quickly as any Fereldan. The first pair moved forward and cast their throwing axes at the group, one each at Alenka and Ryoma. Each axe found its mark driving into the pair with incredible force. The Alpha roared a command and charged, crossing all of the gap between groups with terrible speed, his massive battle axe already preparing to swing.

Off the main road Kolani heard the bestial roar of some creature, some unnatural creature, through the trees. She had been skirting the road proper, keeping off the path, by following parallel to it in the forest. She had found herself stymied however by a rather large chasm and now wondered if there would be safe crossing at the bridge. The shout she had heard, and now the sound of some creature, surely a darkspawn, made her ponder two choices: run to aid the other travelers, or flee and hope to avoid death.

OOC:
Combat notes

Melee and ranged attacks must meet or exceed the target's defense in order to hit. If you ht roll the damage for your attack and add it to the post.
Genlock Defense is 13

For characters. When you are hit you reduce any damage delt by the attack by your Armor value and subtract what remains from your health. This can result in 0 damage to health.

Kolani starts the combat 20 yards away from the road in the forest. She is aware of the direction of the road, and knows that if she runs she could get there in seconds. But will she?
Initiative

Alenka - 19
Genlock #1 - 17
Genlock #3 - 15`
Genlock Alpha - 15
Heln - 14

Genlock #4 - 13`
Kolani - 13
Nayobee - 13
Ryoma - 12
D'juric - 11
Genlock #5 - 10'
Shiral'ven - 10
Genlock #2 - 8
Conditions

Alenka - 5 damage
Genlock #1
Genlock #2
Genlock #3
Genlock #4
Genlock #5
Genlock Alpha
Combat

Genlock 1:
Minor Action: move forward 7 yards (8 yards to group)
Major Action: Hurl throwing axe at Alenka
jameson *rolls* 3d6: 6+4+5+3: 18 HIT
jameson *rolls* 1d6: 4+5: 9
Alenka takes 5 damage to health

Genlock #3

Major Action: Hurl throwing axe at Ryoma

jameson *rolls* 3d6: 6+4+5+3: 18 HIT
jameson *rolls* 1d6: 2+5: 7
Ryoma takes a 7 damage hit, minus his armor

Genlock Alpha

Minor Action: Aim (+1 to next action)
Major Action: Running 14 yards forward toward Heln (1 yard away)

The other 3 genlocks are roughly 15 yards away.

Heln is up next, followed by genlocks, then Kolani & Nayobee.

Heln raised her shield against the charging Alpha, and shifted her stance, looking for a gap in the monster's armor. Another genlock charged forward hurling its axe at Shiral'ven. The crude weapon tumbled through the air and sliced through the elf mage's robes, drawing a slice across his arm despite his magical armor.

Initiative

Alenka - 19

Genlock #1 - 17

Genlock #3 - 15`

Genlock Alpha - 15

Heln - 14

Genlock #4 - 13`

Kolani - 13

Nayobee - 13

Ryoma - 12

D'juric - 11

Genlock #5 - 10'

Shiral'ven - 10

Genlock #2 - 8

Conditions

Alenka - 5 damage

Genlock #1

Genlock #2

Genlock #3

Genlock #4

Genlock #5

Genlock Alpha

Combat

Heln

Minor Action: Aim (+1 to next attack roll)

Major Action: Defend (+2 defense)

Genlock 4:

Major Action: Hurl throwing axe at Shiral'ven

jameson *rolls* 3d6: 4+3+5+3: 15

jameson *rolls* 1d6: 1+5: 6

Shiral'ven takes a 6 damage hit -4 points of armor = 2 damage to health

Kolani is up next, followed by Nayobee.

Roll
[Moira Morley] 8:11 am: can you copypaste the roll?
[Moira Morley] 8:11 am: since i got kicked before i could do so
[jameson] 8:11 am: Moira Morley rolls 3d6: 2+5+5+2: 14
[jameson] 8:12 am: should be a +3 though for a 15
[Moira Morley] 8:12 am: k

Moira Morley *rolls* 2d6: 3+5+3: 11
[Moira Morley] 12:01 pm: damage dammit :D

for stunt die i'm going to rapid reload and skirmish toward the alpha

Kolani had been travelling for a while and needed rest. There was not a tavern or inn for miles around so she had to make an impromptu bed for relaxation. The rakish heroine was pulled her away from the lavish dreamland. The call of Genlocks. "Well, you can't win them all, can you?" she huffed as she pulled her crossbow quickly and aimed it at the leading monstrosity. She whistled at it to get it's attention. When the foul beast turned its attention to her she let her bolt fly. The bolt struck true. As if reflex, Kolani loaded another bolt and quickly shift toward the action.

The crossbow bolt struck the Alpha Genlock in the shoulder, striking sparks of the metal rings of its armor before burying itself shallowly in tainted flesh. The creature seemed to barely register the attack however, so focused as it was on Heln.

Initiative

Alenka - 19

Genlock #1 - 17

Genlock #3 - 15`

Genlock Alpha - 15

Heln - 14

Genlock #4 - 13`

Kolani - 13

Nayobee - 13

Ryoma - 12

D'juric - 11

Genlock #5 - 10'

Shiral'ven - 10

Genlock #2 - 8

Conditions

Alenka - 5 damage

Genlock #1

Genlock #2

Genlock #3

Genlock #4

Genlock #5

Genlock Alpha - 4 damage

Combat

Nayobeeis up next, followed by Ryoma, then D'juric.

Nayobee slowly released her breath and the arrow found its mark just a second after the Alpha was hit by an arrow from a different direction. There was little time to wonder about it, though – the good thing being it hit the same target. She’d worry about this later – the Genlocks were much more important now.

She quickly aligned a new arrow with her target and moved a bit sideways to keep a clear line of sight to her target. The Alpha did look impressive and little fazed by the two arrows, though…

Ohoh…

To Hit and Damage

To Hit Roll:

[jameson] 9:54 pm: 3d6+Dex+Focus(Bows)

[Moira Morley] 9:55 pm: holy bajeebus

[Joani] 9:55 pm: that's 3d6+6

[Moira Morley] 9:55 pm: 3d6+6?

[Joani] 9:55 pm: here I go

[Joani] 9:55 pm: booyaka

[Joani] 9:56 pm: I hope that's a hit?

[Carver-working] 9:57 pm: Hey, Joani.

[Joani] 9:57 pm: Dawn!

[jameson] 9:57 pm: I posted their defense in the thread

[jameson] 9:58 pm: they have 13 defense

Damage Roll:

[Joani] 9:58 pm: good, then I roll damage

[Moira Morley] 9:58 pm: aim for the head!

[Moira Morley] 9:58 pm: i knew forgot something!

[Joani] 9:59 pm: Damage is 1d6+6

[Joani] 9:59 pm: here I go

Joani *rolls* 1d6: 5+6: 11

[Joani] 9:59 pm: nice

Ryoma for his part waded into the rank and file genlocks and swung his massive maul at the nearest one to him, looking to send him flying into his fellows with a powerful swing.

rolls

attack

Long6 *rolls* 3d6: 5+4+3+3: 15 (should be +4) so final result is 16

Damage if applicable

Long6 *rolls* 2d6: 6+2+7: 15

Nayobee's aim was true and her arrow parted steel rings to find flesh beneath. Blood ran in rivulets down the Alpha's right side, but the wounds were minor, superficial at best, and did not impede his advance on Heln. Ryoma stepped up and retaliated at the genlock that had attacked him, bringing his humongous mace in a crushing arc that sent mail rings flying. The genlock took a step backwards, but seemed only more enraged.

Initiative

Alenka - 19

Genlock #1 - 17

Genlock #3 - 15`

Genlock Alpha - 15

Heln - 14

Genlock #4 - 13`

Kolani - 13

Nayobee - 13

Ryoma - 12

D'juric - 11

Genlock #5 - 10'

Shiral'ven - 10

Genlock #2 - 8

Conditions

Alenka - 5 damage

Genlock #1

Genlock #2

Genlock #3 -10 damage

Genlock #4

Genlock #5

Genlock Alpha - 8 damage

Combat

D'juric is up next, you have 48 hours.

Genlock #5 and Shiral'ven are on deck.

D'juric goes to the Alpha Genlock. He prepares himself for the attack holding both his ax and mace to try and gain an offensive advantage against his foe. He swings his ax trying to cut the head off of the beast..

[spoilertag dice roll] Ax: AceWildcard *rolls* 3d6: 1+2+4+5+1 (from dual weapon style atk): 13 damage: AceWildcard *rolls* 2d6: 2+1+3: 6 [/spoilertag]

D'juric's axe hit the burly darkspawn, but thick steel rings turned the blade aside, scattering sparks but protecting the creature from any damage. Another of the creature's moved forward, flinging its heavy axe at Nayobee, but the nimble elf avoided the attack easily.

Initiative

Alenka - 19

Genlock #1 - 17

Genlock #3 - 15`

Genlock Alpha - 15

Heln - 14

Genlock #4 - 13`

Kolani - 13

Nayobee - 13

Ryoma - 12

D'juric - 11

Genlock #5 - 10'

Shiral'ven - 10

Genlock #2 - 8

Conditions

Alenka - 5 damage

Genlock #1

Genlock #2

Genlock #3 -10 damage

Genlock #4

Genlock #5

Genlock Alpha - 8 damage

Combat

Genlock #5

minor Action: Move up

Major Action: Throw axe at Nayobee

jameson *rolls* 3d6: 2+4+4+3: 13

[jameson] 8:11 pm: hmm

[jameson] 8:11 pm: damn, missed

Shiral'ven is up next, you have 48 hours.

Genlock #2 is on deck.

He steadied himself and aimed for the largest of the genlock's hoping that removing the leader would scatter, or at least confuse, the rest of the darkspawn.

Mechanics
Minor Action: Aiming at the Genlock Alpha

Major Action: Attacking the Genlock Alpha with Arcane Lance

[Malachite-working] 7:37 pm: Shiral'ven's Arcane Lance attack:

Malachite-working *rolls* 3d6: 5+6+2+4: 17

TN of 13, so that's a hit.

Damage Roll

[Malachite-working] 7:38 pm: Shiral'ven's damage:

Malachite-working *rolls* 1d6: 4+4: 8

MP: 10/18 (unless he's regained MP since this morning?)

The last of the genlocks moved forward taking careful aim at the mage's staff that had just sent a bolt of arcane power at its leader. His ax flew through the air at the mage and his weapon striking the mage's arm to try and knock his staff away.

Initiative

Alenka - 19

Genlock #1 - 17

Genlock #3 - 15`

Genlock Alpha - 15

Heln - 14

Genlock #4 - 13`

Kolani - 13

Nayobee - 13

Ryoma - 12

D'juric - 11

Genlock #5 - 10'

Shiral'ven - 10

Genlock #2 - 8

Conditions

Alenka - 5 damage

Genlock #1

Genlock #2

Genlock #3 -10 damage

Genlock #4

Genlock #5

Genlock Alpha - 8 damage

Combat

Genlock #2

minor Action: Move up

Major Action: Throw axe at Shiral'ven

jameson *rolls* 3d6: 4+6+4+3: 17

[jameson] 9:10 am: 4 pt stunt

Mighty Blow (2 pts) +1d6 damage

Disarm (2 pts) jameson *rolls* 3d6: 2+2+1+3: 8

Shiral'ven must make an attack roll and beat TN 8 to keep hold of his weapon. If you fail your weapon is tossed 4 yards away.

Damage jameson *rolls* 2d6: 1+1+5: 7 (holy crap are you lucky)

Remember Armor subtracts from Damage before you update HPs

We're ditching turn order now that most of you have had a turn to try things out. Post your actions for round 2 with all rolls. Please be specific about your minor and major actions so I can easily update later in the week.

Ryoma losed in and swung again, looking to at least put this Genlock down so he could move on to another, bring the maul around in a mighty swing.

Long6 *rolls* 3d6: 2+2+4+4: 12

damage if it hits

Long6 *rolls* 2d6: 1+5+7: 13

The battle was getting chaotic very quickly which was to be expected. They never fought side-by-side before and Nayobee usually travelled alone and would've avoided this conflict by running away - but that wasn't an option now. Bow ready with an arrow cocked she moved side-ways as fast as she could while keeping her aim on the Genlock Alpha.

She managed to find a rock which elevated her a few feet above the ground and stepped on it getting a better line of sight to the Alpha - then one brief moment of concentration and she released the arrow - wear him down... he'll fall eventually. I hope...

Rolls

Attack Roll: (20)

[Joani] 7:30 pm: going to roll my bow attack with Nayobee

Joani *rolls* 3d6: 4+4+6+6: 20

[Joani] 7:30 pm: I think that's a stunt?

[Malachite-working] 7:30 pm: The Snowflakes, yes, those are a special something about you character - a family tie, a unique power or set-up, etc. It's something that makes your

PC extra shiny in comparison to the other second generation novas (the NPCs).

[Carver] 7:30 pm: Yeah, doubles are.

[Malachite-working] 7:30 pm: Joani -Yup, 4 pts worth!

[Jeremy] 7:30 pm: Joani: Looks so

[Jordan] 7:30 pm: err...Teregen not Directive

[Malachite-working] 7:30 pm: Kami - No, not a redo of CoQF.

[Carver] 7:31 pm: Jordan: You can be in another group, but you'd need to have an "in" with them.

[Joani] 7:31 pm: cool - I pick Knock prone (2) and Mighty Blow (2)

Damage Roll: (17 + Knocked Prone)

[Joani] 7:33 pm: ok - here comes my damage roll with Mighty Blow that's an extra +1d6

[Malachite-working] 7:34 pm: Jordan - It's partially for ease with the STs to run storylines. Not being a member of one of the two factions (Utopia and DeVries work closely together

by 2040) would be a major snowflake for a character, because it makes them so different from the other PCs and more work for the STs. Also, remember: all PCs are 2nd gen novas.

That makes the possibilities much narrower for where the PC came from and how they survived to adulthood.

Joani *rolls* 2d6: 6+5+6: 17

[Abyss Phantasia] 7:35 pm: would have been on sooner, but right after we got back from the hotel we checked into we had to dump all the food in the fridges

[Joani] 7:35 pm: rawr

Shiral'ven let out a snarled curse in a language that was definitely not Fereldan as the ax smacked into his arm, sending pain flaring up through his shoulder. He set himself, gripping the staff tightly and aimed at the leader again.

Mechanics
Attack roll to hold onto his staff:

I'm making this a Dexterity roll, as I assume that's the kind of attack roll you mean. If it's not, then I guess it would be his Magic, as that's what he rolls to attack? If that's the case, then just add 3 to roll....*is a bit confused on this*

[Malachite-working] 12:42 pm: Attack roll to hold on to his staff:

[Abyss Phantasia] 12:42 pm: Mostly because it's one giant Eva joke

Malachite-working *rolls* 3d6: 2+1+4+1: 8

8, which is a success either way, I believe. Let me know if the tie goes to the attacker and not defender.

Minor Action: Aim

Major Action: Arcane Lance attack

[Malachite-working] 12:45 pm: Shiral'ven arcane lance attack roll:

Malachite-working *rolls* 3d6: 4+4+5+4: 17

17 + 1 for Aim, so 18 to hit and 4 pts of stunts.

• 2 • Mighty Blow: You inflict an extra 1d6 damage on your attack.
  • 2 • Pierce Armor: You find a chink in your enemy’s armor. His armor rating is halved (rounded down) vs. this attack.

[Malachite-working] 12:49 pm: Shiral'ven Damage:

Malachite-working *rolls* 2d6: 2+1+4: 7</p>

:(....suck. Well, at least the armor is halved.... :chairfall:

D'juric did not like the chaos. If a person was not caring then ally could get hurt. He was hoping his foes were that dumb, and hope his allies were not like that. He knew most likely that either side was not stupid enought for such a thing. He decides to aim for the leader again as well. He figures takes the head of the snake out and the others might flee. He goes to attack with his ax again.

dice roll
AceWildcard ax attack *rolls* 3d6: 3+5+3+5+1+1(aim): 18 damage AceWildcard *rolls* 2d6: 2+4+3: 9

Heln rushed the leader. It was better to take the leader out and let the minions scatter. Grimly, Heln came at the monster, but he moved at the last moment and she hit nothing but air. She drew herself back up in a fighting stance, too busy to even be embarrassed by her miss.

Minor – move to close

Major – melee attack:

Carver Soze *rolls* 3d6: 2+2+3+3: 10

[Kamiko] 7:30 pm: I am willing to invite people along to share in the discovery.

I don’t believe that hits.

Rolls
[Moira Morley] 9:58 am: i'll start working on it now with rolls
Moira Morley *rolls* 3d6: 1+3+1+3: 8
[Moira Morley] 9:59 am: that aint gonna hit anything is it?
[Jeremy] 10:00 am: heh
[sugarrush] 10:00 am: he left, and we saw nothing?
[Moira Morley] 10:00 am: >.>
[Moira Morley] 10:00 am: <.<
[Malachite] 10:01 am: I don't think so, Moira.
[Moira Morley] 10:02 am: I'll get a post up now then
[Moira Morley] 10:03 am: wait doesnt being prone make you easier to hit in this game?
[Malachite] 10:04 am: Yes, it does.
[Joani] 10:04 am: yes, you get +1 in Melee - I don't have the PDF with me at work but you can read it under stunts -
[Moira Morley] 10:04 am: i'll roll damage just in case
Moira Morley *rolls* 2d6: 6+4+3: 13

Major action: shoot
Minor action: draw short sword

Kolani seemed to be muddled by all the actions going on at once. She had just woken up, after all. She takes aim at the leader Genlock again and shoots.. Her reflexes weren't so quick this time and she couldn't reload fast enough, so she put her crossbow on her back and drew her short sword.

Alenka aimed an arcane bolt at one of the genlocks, firing a blast of magic that left a scorch on the creature. The genlocks, already halfway to the group pressed on, drawing battle axes to replace those thrown previously. The alpha, unbalanced by the volley of attacks against him, narrowly missed Heln, his ax cutting a furrow in the ground beside the Fereldan. Heln's return attack was likewise a miss by some margin. As the remaining genlocks closed into combat with the group Nayobee scored a penetrating hit on the alpha that knocked it to the ground and allowed Ryoma to deliver a mighty hammer strike. At his side, the dwarf landed his ax just before the elven mage sent a burst of magic into the creature. The alpha was hurt badly now, but not out of the fight and it's fellows were now joined to the battle, the next round would be theirs!

Initiative

Alenka - 19

Genlock #1 - 17

Genlock #3 - 15`

Genlock Alpha - 15

Heln - 14

Genlock #4 - 13`

Kolani - 13

Nayobee - 13

Ryoma - 12

D'juric - 11

Genlock #5 - 10'

Shiral'ven - 10

Genlock #2 - 8

Conditions

Alenka - 5 damage & 15 magic

Genlock #1 - 5 damage

Genlock #2

Genlock #3 -10 damage

Genlock #4

Genlock #5

Genlock Alpha - 29 damage

Combat

Alenka

Arcane Bolt

jameson *rolls* 3d6: 1+1+5+4: 11

1 pt stunt - +1 spellpower

Genlock #1 dodge

jameson *rolls* 3d6: 2+2+4+1: 9

Damage

jameson *rolls* 2d6: 2+3+5: 10

Genlock #1 - draw axe, close to melee

Genlock #3 - draw axe, close to melee

Genlock Alpha -

Attack Heln

jameson *rolls* 3d6: 1+1+4+7: 13 MISS

Minor action: Aim

Heln here

Genlock #4 - draw axe, close to melee

Kolani, Nayobee, Ryoma, and Djuric here

Genlock #5 - draw axe, close to melee

Shira here

Genlock #2 - draw axe, close to melee

A smile crossed Nayobee’s face as she saw the Alpha stumble and fall. The creature wasn’t out, yet but she had done what she could before she was forced into close combat. It was up to the mail and plate wearers now to finish it off.

At the nick of time the nimble elven Rogue stowed away her bow and drew her short sword and attacked the first Genlock to come in range. With a high pitched “Kiyah!”, she struck at the creature trying to control her fear in face of such fiendish enemies.

Rolls and Actions

Minor Action: Ready – stow away bow, draw Short Sword

Major Action: Attack Genlock #5

Attack Roll:

[Joani] 2:32 pm: Nayobee is going to attack with her Short Sword! Banzai!

Joani *rolls* 3d6: 5+6+1+4: 16

[Joani] 2:32 pm: looks like a hit

Damage Roll:

[Joani] 2:32 pm: jep - here comes the pain

[Joani] 2:32 pm: Damage:

Joani *rolls* 1d6: 6+3: 9

[Joani] 2:32 pm: yes!

[jameson] 2:32 pm: oooohh

Shiral'ven pulled back from the fight with the larger Genlock, letting the warrior finish it off, and picked out the next injured darkspawn. He steadied himself, gathering his power to him, then let out another bolt of arcane fire.

Mechanics
Minor action: Aim

Major Action:

[Malachite] 11:02 am: Shiral'ven:

Malachite *rolls* 3d6: 3+5+4+4: 16, 17 with Aim - on Genlock #3

[Malachite] 11:03 am: Damage:

Malachite *rolls* 1d6: 3+4: 7

Aware of the others closing, Heln grits her teeth and, leaning over the prone Alpha, aims for his heart. She hoped it was in the same place as her practice dummies from the stableyard at home. Regardless, she took care with this thrust, plunging it into its chest.

Minor Action: Aim

Major: Melee attack with Bastard sword

Carver *rolls* 3d6: 1+6+1+3 +1: 12 (added the +1 for aim after)

[balance] 2:02 pm: Shouldn't have got the free nasal spray, then.

[Carver] 2:02 pm: ARGH.

Can’t really use the stunt (don’t want to skirmish)

Damage: Carver *rolls* 2d6: 1+5+4: 10

[Lobby]: Joani has entered at 2:09 pm

Actions
Double move!

Kolani judge the distance of the downed leader Genlock. She wouldn't be able to get to it in time to enjoy stabbing it like lucky lady with the giant sword was, but she'd have time to follow up if that thing was still breathing. quickly she sprinted over to the action and bounced off the genlock's torso as Heln was in mid stab and move a way from the fray just enough for a big surprise attack when she had the opening.

Ryoma took a moment assess, and then aimed his fury at the Alpha, bringing the massive maul down in a strike he hoped would finish it off and demoralize the remainder.

minor action aim

major attack genlock alpha with Maul

Long6 *rolls* 3d6: 3+4+2+4+1: 14

damage

Long6 *rolls* 2d6: 3+2+7: 12

D'juric decides to try and cut off as many of the underlings from helping their leader. He knew the beast was finish. He just wanted to make sure his allies had time to finish it. He flings himself at the nearest darkspawn and swings his Ax at him trying to create an small barrier between his allies and the remaining darkspawn if he could.

dice roll
ax swing AceWildcard *rolls* 3d6: 1+6+1+5+1: 14, damage AceWildcard *rolls* 2d6: 2+1+3: 6

The genlocks and Kolani smashed into the tight knot of combat surrounding the Alpha. Axes swung in overhead arcs that missed as often as not, drawing a deep gash despite Nayobee's armor and a glancing blow on the dwarf.

The battle was now a full melee, with only the two mage's still using ranged tactics. Alenka retreated away from the genlocks, firing a blast into the swirling battle that scored blood. Too late did she realize she was backed up to the chasm's edge as a genlock broke from the pack and charged her, its ax smashing through magic protection to massive effect. The woman mage looked worse for wear with no help at hand.

Within the chaos of the battle the Alpha staggered to its feet and swung at Ryoma but missed, its ax moving slow enough for the barbarian to avoid. Nayobee's short sword carved a deep furrow into the flesh of one of the genlocks even as another's attack scored her own. It was impossible to tell which side would win, though the Alpha was clearly worse for wear as he wavered in the center of it all against the Avvarian man.

Initiative

Alenka - 19

Genlock #1 - 17

Genlock #3 - 15`

Genlock Alpha - 15

Heln - 14

Genlock #4 - 13`

Kolani - 13

Nayobee - 13

Ryoma - 12

D'juric - 11

Genlock #5 - 10'

Shiral'ven - 10

Genlock #2 - 8

Conditions

Alenka - 12 damage & 15 magic

Genlock #1 - 7 damage

Genlock #2 - 1 damage

Genlock #3 -15 damage

Genlock #4

Genlock #5 - 5 damage

Genlock Alpha - 37 damage

Heln

Nayobe - 6 damage

Ryoma

Djuric - 3 damage

Kolani

Shiral'ven

Combat

Alenka

Minor: Move away from Genlocks

Major: Blast Genlock #3

jameson *rolls* 3d6: 3+5+5+4: 17

3 pt stunt - pierce armor & skirmish

jameson *rolls* 1d6: 6+4: 10

Genlock #1 -

Minor: Aim

Major: Attack Heln

jameson *rolls* 3d6: 3+3+2+5: 13 - MISS

Genlock #3 -

Major: Attack Djuric

jameson *rolls* 3d6: 4+6+3+5: 18 - HIT

jameson *rolls* 2d6: 1+4+3: 8

Genlock Alpha -

Minor action: stand

Major Action: Attack Ryoma

jameson *rolls* 3d6: 5+2+1+6: 14 - MISS

Heln here

Genlock #4 -

Major: Attack Nayobee

jameson *rolls* 3d6: 1+3+5+5: 14 - HIT

jameson *rolls* 2d6: 4+2+3: 9

Kolani, Nayobee, Ryoma, and Djuric here

Genlock #5 -

Major: Attack Shiralven

jameson *rolls* 3d6: 2+1+1+5: 9 - MISS

Shira here

Genlock #2 -

Minor: Move

Major: Attack Alenka

jameson *rolls* 3d6: 4+6+1+5: 16

jameson *rolls* 2d6: 4+4+3: 11

Even though her first strike found its target her second swing was far off as fear clutched her young heart. The Genlock had managed to hit her with its wicked shaped axe and Nayobee wasn’t used to handle a full melee-situation – she preferred the safe distance of her bow much more.

With panic she looked around and tried to break out of melee range – she was much better with her bow anyway. Maybe she could get enough distance in the thick of the battle if the others managed to bind the Genlocks in close combat.

Actions and Rolls

Major Action: Attacking Genlock #5

[Joani] 4:15 pm: anyway - rolling for Nayobee

[Joani] 4:15 pm: here comes the pain!

[Joani] 4:15 pm: Attack roll

Joani *rolls* 3d6: 3+1+2+4: 10

[Joani] 4:15 pm: doh!

[Joani] 4:15 pm: that's a miss IIRC

[Joani] 4:15 pm: damn...

Minor Action: Move – trying to get as much distance between herself and the melee.

Moving towards the trees full distance and taking a penalty according to Jameson.

Ryoma lashed out again after trying to aim amidst the confusion, looking to put the alpha down, but there as so much more going on. "Someone go aid our magic wielding friends, I'll stand and fight here." be bellowed to no one in particular. calling such a move was calculated, if only to make the genlocks pause to see who would go, even as he swung his maul.

Carver-working] 4:42 pm: Oh, she has a power loss.

[Long6] 4:42 pm: minor aim, primary attack

[Carver-working] 4:42 pm: That's right.

[stargaizer] 4:42 pm: actually, I like that smell. Fire could smell like he's been smoking, air like

he's been doused with 'Fresh Sent' something...

[Carver-working] 4:42 pm: SG: Yeah.

Long6 *rolls* 3d6: 2+1+1+4+1: 9

[stargaizer] 4:43 pm: sand could smell dusty, ice that sharpness that's in the air before it

snows...

[Jeremy] 4:43 pm: ouch

[Long6] 4:43 pm: jesus christ I needed a good roll there.

D'juric said nothing, but understood what his ally said and knew that if any of them fell it could be dangerious. He did not understood why the mages were so important. At the same time, it was not due to any bigot reason, but view it in a miscalculation view. He views it like if a archer was idiotic enough to get in the range of the foe. He sees Alenka and noticed the foolish mistake she made. He wanted to curse her, but knew it would waste energy. He goes to dodge melee blows and goes to her aid striking with his ax hoping to send his foe to the chasm instead of her.

dice roll
attack roll AceWildcard *rolls* 3d6: 6+4+2+5+1: 18 damage roll: AceWildcard *rolls* 2d6: 1+3+3: 7

Archived