Mutants & Masterminds: The Magisterium - [1.2] Jailbreak

Dawn OOC

In most any other situation, Chaos would have ignored the request. "Fine, but if it shoots me again, It, and whoever is inside, is going for a very bumpy and painful ride." That she righted the tank with so little effort was remarkable, and to go further, she held it's turret pointed towards the enemies, the tank still very much under her control. "Signal me when you've got control, and hurry up. This is getting boring."

The bullets ripped into Jeremy's skin, and pain and blood laced through him. "AGGH!" Immediately, he forced more healing fluids into action, but even though rounds popped out of his flesh, closing wounds like they never were - he couldn't keep this up forever. "Deal with them dammit!" He yelled down below.

Gold rolled his neck as he answered Grav. “You won’t need to worry about that.”

Dust was still falling off the tank’s back to pile up around the treads. Whoever was inside the vehicle had to be groggy, terrified, or both. And now their day would be really ruined. His limbs felt leaden, his heart was not quite in the fight anymore. He’d put so much venom and energy into that one blow that it felt like even his backbrain wanted out. Maybe it just wanted time to rest. He was fielding a headache in this battle, growing in the back of his mind like a hornet swarm. The electro-bomb explosion was not making him feel fresh, either.

But it was not yet time to go. So he clenched his fists and made for the tank, forcing tired limbs to speed up again, willing himself to go, go, go. He reached the tank at a sprint, though his limbs were burning. A single leap let him grab the cannon’s barrel, from there he kicked his legs like a gymnast, wielding momentum as his tool as he kicked up and released, landing on the cannon with cat-like agility. Gold ran down its length and scrambled to the hatch.

It was studded, concaved metal, locked with a bolt and clasp. He wrenched the clasp open. Bullets spanged and ricocheted off the metal around him. One grazed his cheek. Another ripped through his prison shirt, tearing up the lightning-blackened uniform even further. Gold slid the bolt and popped the hatch, then rolled into the cramped interior. A single man was fumbling with a pistol, aimed at his head.

“Hi,” Gold said, grinning. He dived straight for the man’s jugular, fingers stiffened into claws and ready to rip. Nails were good enough if you grabbed hard. The man gurgled and went limp as Gold squeezed him mercilessly.

The armored men weren’t doing well. All of their shots missed the mutants they were fighting. It was up to the soldiers to uphold DEHA’s prowess. One of them shot Grav, while both of those aiming at Jeremy hit him – one to devastating effect.

Initiatives
Grav – 22

Jeremy – 20

Gold – 15

Matt – 13

Tempest – 9

ESB [3] – 5

Soldiers – 4

Supertank – 1

Next round the groups will be combined into one initiative.

Damage Checks
Tank operator [attacked by Gold] Toughness check vs DC 20 – 13+2 = 15, Fail [incapacitated (Minion)]

Combat Rolls
Grav here

Jeremy here

Gold here

Matt here

RR #1 [attacking Gold] Electrical Cannon DC 25 – 15+6 = 21, Fail

RR #2 [attacking Grav] Electrical Cannon DC 20 – 1+6 = 7, Fail

RR #3 [attacking Jeremy] Electrical Cannon DC 15 – 2+1 = 3, Fail

S #1 [attacking Gold] Assault Rifle DC 25 – 1+5 = 6, Fail

S #2 [attacking Gold] Assault Rifle DC 25 – 16+5 = 21, Fail

S #3 [attacking Grav] Assault Rifle DC 20 – 17+5 = 22, Hit

--Damage DC 20

S #4 [attacking Grav] Assault Rifle DC 20 – 9+5 = 14, Fail

S #5 [attacking Jeremy] Assault Rifle DC 15 – 20+5 = 25, Hit + Crit [by 10, +5 on Multiattack]

--Damage DC 30

S #6 [attacking Jeremy] Assault Rifle DC 15 – 19+5 = 24, Hit

--Damage DC 20

NPC Damage Tracking
RR #2 is -1 Toughness, Staggered [Damage (Single Standard Action and Half-Move)]

RR #3 is Disabled [Affliction (-5 to checks)]

Tempest is Incapacitated [Dazed [Affliction (Single Standard Action)], Hindered [Affliction (Half Move)] and Vulnerable [Affliction (Halved Defense Values)], -1 Toughness]

PC Required Rolls
Grav has to make a Toughness Save DC 20.

Jeremy has to make a Toughness Save DC 30.

Jeremy has to make a Toughness Save DC 20.

Tengri kept his questions to himself and, while keeping his eyes peeled for any further signs of danger, addressed the pale little girl walking beside him and said, "My name is Randall. Randall Urianhai. The DEHA and MDC designated me as 'Tengri'. May I ask your names?"

“I never had a name, other than Foresight.” The plastic-skinned woman spoke softly and it was impossible for Randall to tell how she felt about that. The arm around Kything tightened as she added, “My sister is called Kything by DEHA. When she was a child, they called her Martha. But they punish her now if she acknowledges that name.”

Strangely-shaped eyes glanced up at him. “If you require us to pay a price for the safety, I’ll pay for Martha and me.”

Tengri frowned, which didn’t involve his mouth as much as his feathers rising as his brow furrowed. He had an idea about what Foresight might mean but this wasn’t the time. “David might ask you to do chores, but nothing too bad.” The door ahead of them led to the outside; Tengri thought he could hear the combat raging outside even through concrete and metal. “There are others fighting outside. Stay close to me.”

With that, he opened the door and lead them into the war.

Initiatives
Kything – 20

Foresight – 14

Tengri – 13

Next round, the two groups will be combined.

Combat Rolls
None

PC Required Rolls
None

Toughness

Long6 *rolls* 1d20: 19+8: 27 pass

Hoping, and trusting, something she didn't do too often, that Gold had control of the interior, Grav Released the tank, and fired at the armored solider that had taken a shot at her.

shifting array to blast and flight

Attack

Long6 *rolls* 1d20: 13+10: 23

Defender must roll against DC25 toughness save if hit.

HP: 0

COND: -1, Fatigued, Incapacitated

Jeremy felt the bullets thud into his flesh, and finally, the pain was too great. As blackness overcame him, he wondered what the hell had happened to the others down there...

OOC
[Jeremy] 9:26 pm: Toughness vs. DC 30

[jameson] 9:26 pm: and I think I am going to retire as well

[Long6] 9:26 pm: later max

[Long6] 9:26 pm: later jameson

Jeremy M&M *rolls* +4dc30: 8 +4 = 12. DC = 30. Fail (Four Degrees)

-1 and & Incapacitated

[jameson] 9:26 pm: I seem to lack the crucial spark to write this evening

[jameson] 9:27 pm: have a good night all

[Jeremy] 9:27 pm: Toughness vs. DC 20

[Lobby]: SalmonMax has left at 9:27 pm

[Lobby]: jameson has left at 9:27 pm

Jeremy M&M *rolls* +3dc20: 19 +3 = 22. DC = 20. Success

[Lobby]: OrangeCreme has entered at 9:27 pm

The soldier fumbled for his pistol, but his hand slipped. He jerked the gun up just as Gold closed his hand on the man’s throat and careened into him. His hip clashed on the man’s seat and the two of them tumbled against the wall with Gold on top and their limbs tangled up.

Gold scrambled, keeping his grip and position, pinning the man down with his weight. He squeezed. The soldier choked and gurgled, trying to get free, trying anything. Gold jerked his hand up, felt something click under the skin. He jerked back down, and the soldier went limp.

He rubbed his hip. “Excuse me, I’d like to drive,” he said, then groaned and rubbed his hip. “Son of a bitch. I’m gonna be black and blue tomorrow.” He slid smoothly off his prey and shifted into the gunnery seat.

Bright lights, levers, gauges and readouts assaulted his eyes. Gold licked his lips, trying to work out what meant what. A wheel and stick arrangement suggested driving apparatus which he ignored. A periscope, big red button and something not unlike a joystick made him think guns.

He looked through the scope, pulled and pushed on things. The tank growled like a sleeping bear being poked with a stick. His view shifted in the periscope. Gold soon worked out how to turn the turret. That just left shooting, and that big red button would either be the firing button, or a self-destruct mechanism.

“Give Andrew Martin a gun and satisfaction,” he said, sighting on one of the armoured troopers, “is guaranteed.” A grin stretched across his face. “Bang.”

He pushed the button.

[WhiteRain.vc] 12:50 am: OK, firing roll

WhiteRain.vc *rolls* 1d20: 8: 8

[sandman XI] 12:50 am: i cannot confirm the hotness of my sister

[WhiteRain.vc] 12:50 am: Hmm. Not ideal.

8+7 Dex =15 for attack roll with tank cannon on one of the RR (he hasn't been discriminating and will just shoot at whichever one he saw first)

Randall Urianhai (aka Tengri)

HP: 2/3

Luck: 3/5

Condition: Fine

When Randall and his two young charges stepped outside for the first time, they were met with quite a sight. It really did look like a war was being fought all around them, with debris, blood, and bodies scattered everywhere. The prison doors closed behind them just as Gold pressed the ‘big red button’ inside of his new recreational vehicle, causing both of the girls to jump.

The giant mutant’s orange-red eyes scanned the battlefield, their ultra-keen visual acuity allowing him to quickly spot his target. “Matt”, Tengri yelled, his voice surprisingly loud even over the din of combat. The earth-mover turned at the sound of the familiar voice to look for its source and, though his eyes were not as keen as Tengri’s, the enormous bird-man wasn’t hard to spot. Seeing he had Matt’s attention, Tengri gave him the signal that his mission had been a success and then turned his attention back to the battle at hand.

OOC: Since it seems that the battle is winding down to a halt – what with only two injured RR’s left – Tengri is holding his action. He is specifically interested in protecting Foresight and Kything and, to that end, will use Interpose to place himself between either one of them and any attack that would’ve hit them. This would be a Reaction. Should a second attack be about to hit either of them, he will use a Standard action to place himself in the attack’s path as well. If needed, he will use HPs to protect them against any further attacks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hoping, and trusting, something she didn't do too often, that Gold had control of the interior of the tank, Grav released the tank, and fired at the armored solider that had taken a shot at her. The shot hit him, but didn’t seem to have an effect on the soldier.

Jeremy felt the bullets thud into his flesh, and finally, the pain was too great. As blackness overcame him, he wondered what the hell had happened to the others down there...

Excuse me, I’d like to drive,” Gold said, then groaned and rubbed his hip. “Son of a bitch. I’m gonna be black and blue tomorrow.” He slid smoothly off his prey and shifted into the gunnery seat.

Bright lights, levers, gauges and readouts assaulted his eyes. Gold licked his lips, trying to work out what meant what. A wheel and stick arrangement suggested driving apparatus which he ignored. A periscope, big red button and something not unlike a joystick made him think guns.

He looked through the scope, pulled and pushed on things. The tank growled like a sleeping bear being poked with a stick. His view shifted in the periscope. Gold soon worked out how to turn the turret. That just left shooting, and that big red button would either be the firing button, or a self-destruct mechanism.

“Give Andrew Martin a gun and satisfaction,” he said, sighting on one of the armoured troopers, “is guaranteed.” A grin stretched across his face. “Bang.”

He pushed the button. The shell slammed into the RR soldier he’d chosen, but the heavy armor held under the assault. Still, this was a lot of fun.

When Randall and his two young charges stepped outside for the first time, they were met with quite a sight. It really did look like a war was being fought all around them, with debris, blood, and bodies scattered everywhere. The prison doors closed behind them just as Gold pressed the ‘big red button’ inside of his new recreational vehicle, causing both of the girls to jump.

The giant mutant’s orange-red eyes scanned the battlefield, their ultra-keen visual acuity allowing him to quickly spot his target. “Matt”, Tengri yelled, his voice surprisingly loud even over the din of combat. The earth-mover turned at the sound of the familiar voice to look for its source and, though his eyes were not as keen as Tengri’s, the enormous bird-man wasn’t hard to spot. Seeing he had Matt’s attention, Tengri gave him the signal that his mission had been a success and then turned his attention back to the battle at hand.

The earth manipulator spun on his spur of earth. Seeing Tengri with not one but two mutants, he grinned and dialed the phone. “Time to get out of here,” he muttered as he turned to rejoin the group.

The Rapid Responders called for retreat at the sight of the large bird. They were injured and now officially out numbered. The monstrous form of Tengri was well-known to the guards of the Umatilla Facility.

Matt made no move to chase them, and when the others started after them, he said, “Don’t go too far. Our ride’s coming soon and we can’t hold the door forever.” Matt glided to a stop, the rock that had been propelling him sinking back into the earth. He offered a quick hug to the terrifyingly big mutant – Matt was one of the few people who didn’t seem to be secretly afraid of the birdman. “Randall, good to see you again.” Matt glanced at the women huddled behind him and he gave them a smile. “Hey, there. Welcome to freedom. Give us a few minutes and we’ll get you somewhere safer than here.”

Matt looked up at the roof. “Grav, can you get Jer? Grab the other guy too. We’ll see if he’ll flip and if not leave him somewhere.”

[OOC: Combat is over. The warp to the Interlude is opening up shortly. Feel free to start posting in the Interlude.]

Initiatives
Grav – 22

Jeremy – 20

Kything – 20

Gold – 15

Foresight – 14

Tengri – 13

Matt – 13

Tempest – 9

ESB [3] – 5

Soldiers – 4

Supertank – 1

Damage Checks
RR #2 [attacked by Grav] Toughness save vs DC 25 – 19+13 = 32, Pass

RR #3 [attacked by Gold] save vs DC 25 – 12+9 = 21, Fail [by 4 (-1 Toughness)]

Combat Rolls
Grav here

Jeremy here

Gold here

Matt here

RR #1 aiding #3 to move

RR #2 aiding #3 to move

RR #3 GTFO

S #1 [Multiattack] cover for RR #1

S #2 [Multiattack] cover for RR #1

S #3 [Multiattack] cover for RR #2

S #4 [Multiattack] cover for RR #2

S #5 [Multiattack] cover for RR #3

S #6 [Multiattack] cover for RR #3

NPC Damage Tracking
RR #2 is -1 Toughness, Staggered [Damage (Single Standard Action and Half-Move)]

RR #3 is -1 Toughness, Disabled [Affliction (-5 to checks)]

Tempest is Incapacitated [Dazed [Affliction (Single Standard Action)], Hindered [Affliction (Half Move)] and Vulnerable [Affliction (Halved Defense Values)], -1 Toughness]

PC Required Rolls

Archived