Mutants & Masterminds:[3e Mutants and Masterminds] Time of Crisis

Aphrodite Pandemos

So... no combat capacity whatsoever, limited use of Healing.. and Parry 0?

This character is asking to be killed and considered useless. I'm sorry, but I can't see how this character really contributes other than a few skill rolls.

- Jeremy

Jer, first off, that is one of the rudest things I've seen on the board in a while. Who are you to tell Hospitaler that his PC is 'useless' just because Tammy isn't built to get up in people's faces? You're not the ST, and Moira will be the one to judge if Tammy's going to work in the game. It's just as Eva said - she's a fantastic support character, and I always appreciate when someone thinks about their PCs in terms beyond combat. In short, your opinion is secondary to both Tammy's and Moira's. Plus, your words were rude and offensive - you should make amends to Tammy.

On a more positive note, since there's been questions about my PC, I thought I'd share a peek at him. No, not his background or sheet. Instead, you can see some of his complications.

Complications

Cultural Misunderstandings: Donar is from another dimension; as such, he doesn't understand Earth culture very well. Three months has worn off the worst of it (he doesn't smash glasses on the floor to indicate he likes the drink or stare at black people anymore) but he still has issues.

ESL: Donar's native tongue is Old Norse. Three months of intensive English tutoring means he can understand and be understood, but sometimes idioms and slang can throw him off.

Motivation: Responsibility: Donar feels the weight of his father's order to "be a good king". The young man isn't sure how to do that, but he's started to take responsibility for the people of his Freedom City. If he can lead these strange aliens, he can lead his people.

Reputation: First Impressions: The first impression that Donar made on the city was not good. It took a lot of fast-talking by Nordic History Professor Richard Watcher to convince the authorities not to throw the young man in jail for the fight he caused. He's still closely watched by the other heroes.

Jer, first off, that is one of the rudest things I've seen on the board in a while. Who are you to tell Hospitaler that his PC is 'useless' just because Tammy isn't built to get up in people's faces? You're not the ST, and Moira will be the one to judge if Tammy's going to work in the game. It's just as Eva said - she's a fantastic support character, and I always appreciate when someone thinks about their PCs in terms beyond combat. In short, your opinion is secondary to both Tammy's and Moira's. Plus, your words were rude and offensive - you should make amends to Tammy.

Well, you're right and I've exchanged with Tammy some rounds of apologies and acceptances to cool things off.

Umm, are there any more complications I can add, guys? I only got two and a Motivation. :(

Addendum: Updated core sheet with changes and I found two more complications:

Complication: Semper paratus - Tammy is compulsive in preparation, to an obsessive degree.

Complication: First do no harm - Tammy is unwilling, militantly so, to not use her abilities to harm others or cause anyone to come to harm.

Archived