Shadowrun: Everybody Lies - [SR4A] Everybody Lies

Joani

[sR4A] - Everybody lies

Setting:

Seattle 2072 – A dark and dirty future. MegaCorps rule like countries and follow their own agendas competing and warring against their competitors. It’s a deadly and remorseless world - are you going to survive?

The theme and mood of this game is inspired by the Blade Runner movie and Deus Ex games (especially the latest release Deus Ex Human Revolution). Of course Magic and the secrets and mysteries of the arcane world will add their flavour to the setting (and don’t forget Elves, Dwarves, Orks and Trolls!).

This will be an extensive campaign and connections between characters are encouraged and welcomed. You will get as much in return as you invest in your PCs background (at least that’s the plan). Personal stories will be considered and included into the overarching story if possible. Sidetracking stories will be considered within reasonable time frames and by human limits (I still have a life and work outside this forum, main focus remains the main plot).

Flat writeups with less detail and love will not get as much attention in return - that’s just the way it is. It’s up to you.

If you are wondering why there’s no detail given about the main plot? Well, there is one, but I intend to introduce it sometime down the road, once the team(s) have formed and a general idea and direction has been established. Hints and bits and pieces will be provided through your contacts and will be interwoven into your backgrounds.

Resources:

Shadowrun, Twentieth Anniversary Edition,

Seattle 2072,

Arsenal,

Augmentation,

Runner’s Companion,

Street Magic and

Unwired.

Additionally these PDF ebooks are used, too:

Digital Grimoire

This Old Drone

Way of the Adept

Mil Spec Tech

Unfriendly Skies

Deadly Waves

Gun Heaven

(those are the books I own, so they’ll be used and are approved)

Diceroller? If there’s none here then over at www.invisiblecastle.com

Can I be a?

All of the original core metatypes from SR4A are allowed.

AI, Metavarients, Shapeshifters and Changelings are also allowed.

Drakes, the Infected, Sapient Critters and Free Spirits are not allowed for player characters.

You cannot be a Cyborg or Cyberzombie at creation.

Can I be a? Part 2

Depending on number of players I’m looking at, there’ll be a limit of Archetypes. For Every 3 Players there can be one Mystical Adept, for every 4 players there can be one Magician, for every 5 players one Technomancer. There won’t be any limit on mundane PCs and Physical Adepts (although if everyone chooses to be a Physad I may overthink this again and put them up there with the Mystical Adepts).

These limitations are supposed to reflect the nature of the rarer Archetypes. Full Magicians and Technomancer are very rare even in 2072. I’m not trying to ruin your game experience with this ruling, please keep this in mind.

Ideally once we know the number of players there’s going to be I’d welcome if you find a solution amongst yourselves should there be too many overlapping concepts/Archetypes. Try to find solutions in best interest of everyone, thank you.

Rating and Availability:

Any gear, including magic, cyberware, and bioware, may be

purchased at character creation, provided the Availability is 12 or less and the rating is 6 or less (p. 86, SR4A). Characters may only choose basic or alpha grade (p. 86, SR4A) cyberware, bioware, and nanoware at creation. Used gear is not allowed.

Contacts:

I fully intent to play contacts as “living” NPCs with their own agendes etc. You are encouraged and asked to create Contacts with as much detail as possible. Should you have trouble in this area, I have a stock of NPC Contacts ready which can be used instead, should you lack ideas or motivation. If you screw over you Contacts they will turn on you.

Group Contacts are allowed per the rules in Runners Companion.

The values for group size, matrix presence, et cetera should be clearly notated on the character sheet to make it easy for me.

Can I transfer Karma?

Since the setting is rather dark and gritty dying is a definite “option”. Stupid gets you killed (also bad luck with dice unfortunately). Anyway - once you reach 75 Karma your Runner reaches the “Experienced” Status and Karma can be transferred over to a new PC. This means full Karma transfer to a new PC at creation.

I will allowed creation of new PCs if:

Your PC died during a run and you want to stay in the campaign (i. e., continue playing, some people quit once their PC is dead)

You can switch to a new PC should you feel unhappy with your first PC and role. In that case I allow creation of a new PC and full transfer of Karma. Please don’t overuse this offer, I’m hoping for people to create PCs they stick to but sometimes things turn out differently than expected.

Should you switch PCs I would like to keep the former Runner as a possible Contact (PC turns into a NPC under my control).

Can I upgrade my Cyberware or Bioware?

Presuming that the item in question has not been damaged,

you may sell back non-cultured bioware and cyberware for a flat

30% of its retail value (book price; taking into account alpha or

beta mark-up, if any) when upgrading cyberware. Remember, if you upgrade from 3 points of “normalware” to the equivalent in alpha grade, the alpha only takes 2.4 Essence points o , but you do not get the excess back—you simply have a 0.6 point “hole” which can be filled with something else at no further Essence cost until the “hole” is exceeded.

Cyberware above alpha grade is only available through play/missions.

Access to Delta clinics is unavailable without the proper resources.

Calling Dibs on!...

It's the nature of the beast so here's a list just for reference. Nothing is set in stone yet.

Ravi - Full Mage

Jeremy - Physad

Dawn - Physad

SalmonMax - Combat Hacker

Jameson - Mundane (Face)

Malachite - Technomancer

Krul - Full Mage

Kei Nakano - Mundane (Mechanic)

As you can see - things are relatively biased already. I hope things will even out some more. Should I've forgotten someone or simply remembered it wrong, please tell me. Also by posting you can verify your decision (if you want to play and what Type/Concept - we figure out details once this roll call is done)

Addendum:

Chargen Rules - Skill Groups may be broken up at Chargen.

Chargen Rules - Face Characters get Bonus BP specifically only for Contacts at 3x their Charisma rank.

The following Quality is for free for all Mundane PCs:

Biocompatability

Cost: 10 BP

Something about the character’s body is exceptionally accepting of either bioware or cyberware implants (choose one). Not only are the implants not rejected, but they seamlessly fit within the body, having less impact on its holistic integrity. In game terms, the Essence Cost of implants of the particular chosen type are reduced by 10 percent. This reduction does not apply to genetech. This quality may only be taken once.

Approved Characters:

Jian, Human Physical Adept - (Jeremy)

Mr Grimm, Elf Street Samurai – (Jordan)

Kemuri, Human Physical Adept - (Dawn)

Imiri, Elven Shaman - (Krul)

Ace of Hearts, Human Combat Medic - (Kamiko)

Caesar, Ogre Face - (Jameson)

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please sent me your Sheets via PM and tag them like this: [sR4 - Everybody Lies] - Charactername

I won't be disclosing any sheets this time. Once your Sheet is approved and you have a "go" from me, you're asked to make a Profile Post with a description of your PC, his skills and abilities and what should be general knowledge to everyone running the shadows.

And here's another Chargen Addendum which will be added:

The following Quality will be given to any Mundane PC for free. Please choose like stated (Bioware or Cyberware)

Biocompatability

Something about the character’s body is exceptionally accepting

of either bioware or cyberware implants (choose one). Not

only are the implants not rejected, but they seamlessly fit within

the body, having less impact on its holistic integrity. In game terms,

the Essence Cost of implants of the particular chosen type are reduced

by 10 percent. This reduction does not apply to genetech.

This quality may only be taken once.

Joani, should we expect to be together at the start of the game?

I will assort teams based on Backgrounds/Contacts which will most likely know eachother and will be assigned to their first run - as soon as I got the final submissions and approved Sheets I will tell you with which team you're gonna run. Later on this may change, though (both size and head wise).

I'm going to pass on this game. I can't think of a concept.

Maybe we can chat and think this over together? Just offering. Sorry to see you go otherwise.

[sR4A] - Everybody lies

Setting:

Seattle 2072 – A dark and dirty future. MegaCorps rule like countries and follow their own agendas competing and warring against their competitors. It’s a deadly and remorseless world - are you going to survive?

The theme and mood of this game is inspired by the Blade Runner movie and Deus Ex games (especially the latest release Deus Ex Human Revolution). Of course Magic and the secrets and mysteries of the arcane world will add their flavour to the setting (and don’t forget Elves, Dwarves, Orks and Trolls!).

This will be an extensive campaign and connections between characters are encouraged and welcomed. You will get as much in return as you invest in your PCs background (at least that’s the plan). Personal stories will be considered and included into the overarching story if possible. Sidetracking stories will be considered within reasonable time frames and by human limits (I still have a life and work outside this forum, main focus remains the main plot).

Flat writeups with less detail and love will not get as much attention in return - that’s just the way it is. It’s up to you.

If you are wondering why there’s no detail given about the main plot? Well, there is one, but I intend to introduce it sometime down the road, once the team(s) have formed and a general idea and direction has been established. Hints and bits and pieces will be provided through your contacts and will be interwoven into your backgrounds.

Resources:

Shadowrun, Twentieth Anniversary Edition,

Seattle 2072,

Arsenal,

Augmentation,

Runner’s Companion,

Street Magic and

Unwired.

(those are the books I own, so they’ll be used and are approved)

Diceroller? If there’s none here then over at www.invisiblecastle.com

Can I be a?

All of the original core metatypes from SR4A are allowed.

AI, Metavarients, Shapeshifters and Changelings are also allowed.

Drakes, the Infected, Sapient Critters and Free Spirits are not allowed

for player characters.

You cannot be a Cyborg or Cyberzombie at creation.

Can I be a? Part 2

Depending on number of players I’m looking at, there’ll be a limit of Archetypes. For Every 3 Players there can be one Mystical Adept, for every 4 players there can be one Magician, for every 5 players one Technomancer. There won’t be any limit on mundane PCs and Physical Adepts (although if everyone chooses to be a Physad I may overthink this again and put them up there with the Mystical Adepts).

These limitations are supposed to reflect the nature of the rarer Archetypes. Full Magicians and Technomancer are very rare even in 2072. I’m not trying to ruin your game experience with this ruling, please keep this in mind.

Ideally once we know the number of players there’s going to be I’d welcome if you find a solution amongst yourselves should there be too many overlapping concepts/Archetypes. Try to find solutions in best interest of everyone, thank you.

Rating and Availability:

Any gear, including magic, cyberware, and bioware, may be

purchased at character creation, provided the Availability is 12 or less

and the rating is 6 or less (p. 86, SR4A). Characters may only choose

basic or alpha grade (p. 86, SR4A) cyberware, bioware, and nanoware

at creation. Used gear is not allowed.

Contacts:

I fully intent to play contacts as “living” NPCs with their own agendes etc. You are encouraged and asked to create Contacts with as much detail as possible. Should you have trouble in this area, I have a stock of NPC Contacts ready which can be used instead, should you lack ideas or motivation. If you screw over you Contacts they will turn on you.

Group Contacts are allowed per the rules in Runners Companion.

The values for group size, matrix presence, et cetera should be clearly

notated on the character sheet to make it easy for me.

Can I transfer Karma?

Since the setting is rather dark and gritty dying is a definite “option”. Stupid gets you killed (also bad luck with dice unfortunately). Anyway - once you reach 75 Karma your Runner reaches the “Experienced” Status and Karma can be transferred over to a new PC. This means full Karma transfer to a new PC at creation.

I will allowed creation of new PCs if:

Your PC died during a run and you want to stay in the campaign (i. e., continue playing, some people quit once their PC is dead)

You can switch to a new PC should you feel unhappy with your first PC and role. In that case I allow creation of a new PC and full transfer of Karma. Please don’t overuse this offer, I’m hoping for people to create PCs they stick to but sometimes things turn out differently than expected.

Should you switch PCs I would like to keep the former Runner as a possible Contact (PC turns into a NPC under my control).

Can I upgrade my Cyberware or Bioware?

Presuming that the item in question has not been damaged,

you may sell back non-cultured bioware and cyberware for a flat

30% of its retail value (book price; taking into account alpha or

beta mark-up, if any) when upgrading cyberware. Remember, if you

upgrade from 3 points of “normalware” to the equivalent in alpha

grade, the alpha only takes 2.4 Essence points o , but you do not

get the excess back—you simply have a 0.6 point “hole” which can

be filled with something else at no further Essence cost until the

“hole” is exceeded.

Cyberware above alpha grade is only available through play/missions.

Access to Delta clinics is unavailable without the proper resources.

Calling Dibs on!...

It's the nature of the beast so here's a list just for reference. Nothing is set in stone yet

Ravi - Full Mage

Jeremy - Physad

Dawn - Physad

SalmonMax - Combat Hacker

Jameson - Mundane (Face)

Malachite - Technomancer

Krul - Full Mage

Kei Nakano - Mundane (Mechanic)

As you can see - things are relatively biased already. I hope things will even out some more. Should I've forgotten someone or simply remembered it wrong, please tell me. Also by posting you can verify your decision (if you want to play and what Type/Concept - we figure out details once this roll call is done)

Addendum:

Chargen Rules - Skill Groups may be broken up at Chargen.

The following Quality is for free for Mundane PCs:

Biocompatability

Something about the character’s body is exceptionally accepting

of either bioware or cyberware implants (choose one). Not

only are the implants not rejected, but they seamlessly fit within

the body, having less impact on its holistic integrity. In game terms,

the Essence Cost of implants of the particular chosen type are reduced

by 10 percent. This reduction does not apply to genetech.

This quality may only be taken once.

I want to join in. I haven't started my character backstory and still working on stats and such. Hopefully I get done in a few days. Work is going to get hetic so I won't be able to post soon. I am hoping to be a covert opt if you want me in of course.

Sure thing you're welcome. This roll call will be open till the Easter Weekend after which I will ask for a dedicated forum and start posting general backgroundstuff, contacts/NPCs etc.

Even if you don't have the time this month you can also join later on, there should be enough opportunities.

You won't know eachother except for what is generally known about your PC based on rumors and streetcred. You're either new or have been running with other people before. If some of you want to link their backgrounds that's fine.

I wish I would have realized that... I'm still in full control of my character's fate if I am in this. That and I am in a far better frame of mind.

If I can't get a character to you by Easter then it's probably not gonna work out for me. I'm sorry for the hesitation and questioning things, but last night I've had a few revelations about my situation that has "unclogged the works" as it were.

Okay, I am going to rebuild the concept Tabitha originally had with a lot more refinement.

So everyone knows she will be a Runner medic and good with a pistol, but that's just to help get her runner buddies out of dodge.

I patch you guys up, you make sure I don't need patchin, and we're cool, right, omaes?

Archived