Mutants & Masterminds: The Magisterium - Magisterium OOC

Dawn OOC

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, and learning time can be cumulative. For example, if Mary only has five days between Story A and Story B, then she can add those five days to the next three between Story B and Story C to learn something that'd take 8 days. I don't know if that's necessary to state, but I'd rather look like the dummy saying the obvious than have lingering confusion.

Submissions update!

Approved/fully completed:

Fahrenheit - Fire controller- Germany - Vereinter Mutanten Dienst (VMD),

Idris Vaughan - Diamond Claws, heightend Reflexes, Cat-like Senses and Fur able to stop a bullet - MI-7 (Britain)

In Approval Progress:

Seeker - Sniffer with minor copying powers - Mutant Defense Center (MDC) (USA) (needs prelude)

Pending Approval (no final submission yet):

Marco

Carter

At this time, it looks like I'll be bringing all the new PCs in through one story.

Submissions update! Some of my players really kicked ass on getting with me on approvals. So... we may start before June 1.

Approved/fully completed:

Fahrenheit - Fire controller- Germany - Vereinter Mutanten Dienst (VMD),

Idris Vaughan - Diamond Claws, heightend Reflexes, Cat-like Senses and Fur able to stop a bullet - MI-7 (Britain)

Seeker - Sniffer with minor copying powers - Mutant Defense Center (MDC) (USA)

Tengri - Lucky Bird-Man - Mutant Defense Center (MDC) (USA)

In Approval Progress:

None

Pending Approval (no final submission yet):

Carter (?)

Jaunt (?)

Teams at the moment (NPCs italized):

Team 1: May, Mirage and Rebekka

Team 2: Travis, Noctis, Matt, Gold and Tengri

Team 3: Fahrenheit vs Seeker (which precludes HL), Rip, Strike, Cancel and Prime vs Fenris (run by me if necessary), Grav, Lamia, and Mary

More slang, also added to the slang page.

Lapdogs - mutant terms for willingly compliant mutants. This can be a gray area; some compliant mutants are only that way because they're being extorted somehow. It's also an insult among many non-compliant mutants. "Get out my face, lapdog."

Program Baby - a mutant born because of a DEHA breeding program. Implies that the mutant is compliant because they haven't been taught anything else. "That program baby shot at me but I'm not mad at him."

Program Born - a mutant born because of a DEHA breeding program; unlike a program baby, the program born generally isn't compliant. Rarely used as a noun; usually its an adjective. "They're going to put that program born girl down; we need to get her out of there."

Feel free to contribute to the list. :)

The teams are shifting a bit.

Team 2: Fenris (run by me if necessary), Noctis, Matt, Gold and Tengri

Team 3: Fahrenheit vs Seeker (which precludes HL), Rip, Strike, Cancel and Prime vs Travis, Grav, Lamia, and Mary

Oh, this will be better. Durh - Grav is a ranged fighter.

Team 2: Grav, Noctis, Matt, Gold and Tengri

Team 3: Fahrenheit vs Seeker (which precludes HL), Rip, Strike, Cancel and Prime vs Travis, Fenris (run by me if necessary), Lamia, and Mary

Gold, that is a possibility depending on PC actions. I know that the 3 NPCs are compliant and loyal, and they're going to fight you guys. But what happens with the PCs depends on the PCs. But that's only a possibility on Team 3; on the other teams, PvP is only going to happen if one of you loses your damned minds and does something I can't imagine. Which... given that you are PCs, is always a possibility.

To start with, yes sort of. Whatever the scenario is for Team 3, Fahrenheit will be coming in separate from Seeker/Rip/Strike/Cancel/Prime and those two groups will be separate from Travis/Fenris/Lamia/Mary. A three-sided confrontation, to begin with at least.

To start with, yes sort of. Whatever the scenario is for Team 3, Fahrenheit will be coming in separate from Seeker/Rip/Strike/Cancel/Prime and those two groups will be separate from Travis/Fenris/Lamia/Mary. A three-sided confrontation, to begin with at least.

There will be blood. Maybe not flaming crazy goddess blood, but Travis is not going to be happy to see Cancel....

Due to availability changes, I will be unable to continue with my character here. I'm sorry, but I can only focus on one game.

The reason I have left in the "Availability Changes" post in the General Discussion board.

I need to trim down to one game, and I can focus on that. As such I chose CN/IE for those move slower and can adapt to availiability. I'm sorry, I was looking foreward to this, but I have no choice this time in the matter.

Characters Effected: Rip

Okay, due to Tommy's RL unhappiness, we're adjusting again.

Team 2: Grav, Noctis, Matt, Gold and Tengri

Team 3: Fahrenheit vs Seeker (which precludes HL), Strike, Cancel and Prime vs Travis, Fenris (run by me if necessary), Lamia, and Mary

Tommy, if your situation straightens out, we'll talk again. Hope things work out for you.

Also! I'll start the next thing in the next couple of days. I'm sorry it didn't happen yesterday, but I was dealing with other stuff, and then had something pop up which is both distracting and draining me. So I have a hard deadline of Monday at the latest.

Gold, could I get a post from you in Home? Either just a note saying that Gold doesn't follow Lamia/Jeremy or he does? I've held off posting there again to give both of you a chance to state what you're doing. :)

I'm trying something a bit different in these threads. I'm shoving you straight into the plot. Feel free to ask any questions of me that your PCs would have asked of David in the 'briefing' (this group is not so formal they have official briefings) and I'll answer them here. I'll get feedback on how it feels once I have all the threads up. I don't know if the briefings are of benefit or just make you feel like they slow down the start of the chapter. Anyway, we'll try it and assess.

Team 2 and 3, your starts (numbered 1.2 and 1.3 respectively) will be up tomorrow, as I stated earlier.

Also, peaches are delicious. That is all. :D

Hey Carver, FYI, I'm not sure if "Russell" is in reference to Tengri but, if it is, my PC's name is "Randall". :P

*Goes back to waiting for the other PCs to blow something up so that he can get started*

Ok, briefing questions... how much is known about the defenses of Umatilla and what kind and numbers of personnel that can fight back?

They have a compliment of Rapid Responders, no more than 6, that are spread out through the facility. There are soldiers there (read: minions) who will be in greater numbers. How many? Enough for you guys to look good. There will be a super tank or two, an attack helicopter or two and a partiridge in a pear tree. That last one is probably not going to attack you. ;)

Hey Carver, FYI, I'm not sure if "Russell" is in reference to Tengri but, if it is, my PC's name is "Randall". :P

... Damn it! *headdesks* I'll edit. :P

They have a compliment of Rapid Responders, no more than 6, that are spread out through the facility. There are soldiers there (read: minions) who will be in greater numbers. How many? Enough for you guys to look good. There will be a super tank or two, an attack helicopter or two and a partiridge in a pear tree. That last one is probably not going to attack you. ;)

... Damn it! *headdesks* I'll edit. :P

Yay! (On both counts) :D

One last thing. This base does have a complaint mutant or two (they're rotated out regularly) on hand to help with defense.

Last one is up. Once I've worked with Farhen on her first post, combat can start. Until then, feel free to give your PC a chance to bitch about their mission or whatever your PC would do. If the first person to post for the Home group would have them arriving in a warp, that would be excellent. Questions can be put here or in chat, just to ease the IC flow of the thread.

I mentioned in chat a couple of days ago, but I'll state for all to see here, that I will be out of town for a family reunion from Friday, June 8th, through Monday, June 11th. I won't be totally cut off from the internet during that time, but I don't expect to be online much either.

As a friendly reminder for those of you playing in [1.2] Jailbreak with me, this means that I will be here and available for posting through Thursday evening; after that don't expect much out of me until next Tuesday. You have been warned. ;)

Added the following to the Slang:

Born Free – a mutant born outside of the program. It is a usually only used when the mutant in question has also never been held by DEHA, in which case, it's usually a source of pride. See Program Baby, Program Born.

Let me know if you come up with something you'd like to suggest for slang!

Archived