Aberrant: Infinite Earth - Cosmos Nova OOC

Mr Fox

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, there is a important matter about to need to be addressed...

The Marriage of Ryu Hideyoshi and Naomi Minami!

A happy moment hopefully for this couple. Thing is I think there is the possibility some of the CN regulars may be invited to the ceremony. So, I am offering this up as a suggestion.

Trust me, no drama. This is a happy occasion! :D

Also: Once after Naomi gives birth in late June/ early July CN time, Abby, you had been talking about getting active again, you want to become Naomi's "Dr. Watson" with Naoko?

Abby: Sweetness, looking forward to it! :D

Also I got a question for the CN folk...

Would Golden Gunplay be allowed in CN? (The Pistoleering Martial Art from The New Flesh)I've been wanting to build a character around it and I'm talking with Max about getting his chracter and mine together for some independent contractor shenanigans.

I think I need to just give up on Kamiko for the forseeable and try something a little new in alot of ways in personality. And in combat skill.

As for Kei, I got 3 questions.

1: What is the best way for what Kei has to improve or add to allow her to fly up to orbit and stay with orbital craft (space stations in particular), as warping into the space station or teleporting would cause some very... unfortunate circumstances for the crew onboard. To note in order to reach orbit I would need to achieve speeds similar to the Space shuttle which achieved 27,870 kph / 17,320 mph and be capable of maintaining or adjusting my speed to match craft in orbit.

2: I am considering getting Kei a sanctum, in particular a modified tanker ship turned into a Aircraft Carrier, it's body based on the TI Class Supertanker. Mala suggested Sanctum 6 (making it my 6 dot background), my original thinking was Sanctum 5 as it doesn't in my opinion match the concept of a Sanctum Sanctorum. The only thing I think would come close is the fact the ship would have a Fusion reactor built into her, and some of the craft's design was concieved with some help (and agreeing to be Karrie's guinea pig) from Karrie to build. (Note, Kei got the ship as salvage after the NSA/CIA stripped out the evidence they needed after Operation: Valiant Shield. I was going to write that Kei heads to the ship (with her plane's last bits of fuel) and single-handedly takes the ship. In the process, once recieving the ship but having no power plant to go with it, manages some deal between Karrie, MIT, NASA, and the US Navy to put a low-temperature Fusion reactor into the ship.)

3: Would a jet built to reach orbit be considered an advancement (and quite an advancement), or a device (thus needing alot of powers...)

Here are some base concepts I had for the character. Base off the basic ideas what stick to the character and what not?
1. Create various ball joint dolls of various abilities with his powers.
2. Due to his desire to live his body has become quite resilent. High defenses.
3. Skills or abilities revolving around acting and the arts.
4. Highly skilled in other areas. Also had a technical background and was his main profession before erupted so some secondary area in there.
5. Has some means to fight if he is in danger, but not main part of him. He tends to not like killing people due to the what he experience and what he did to survive.

Well just about done with Tabitha. I'm going to be writing her background in a few minutes, and I got the statistics down. With 12 NP remaining. I was thinking of seeing what I could give her in terms of gear in the form of a gadget or device. I just needed to review the CN rules for them. So she isn't officially "done", but close.

I actually gotta review a few things on creation as well.

Okay here is my CN Nova teen. I'm still working on his background and he's going to erupt during the earthquake in Mexico City. I figured I'd let everyone get a gander at his stats in case I've made any mistakes....

Just a Note, the Backgrounds in brackets are what Wyck will gain once he officially joins the DSA.

Wyck Brannon
Nature: Unsure which is appropriate yet.
Allegiance: DSA and Adopted Family
Theme: Personal Physical Transformation

Attribute & Abilities
Strength 3, Dexterity 3, Stamina 4
Brawl 3, Might 3, Athletics 2, Drive 2, Stealth 2, Endurance 4, Resistance 4

Perception 4, Intelligence 3, Wits 2
Awareness 3, Academics 1, Computers 1, Engineering 1, Science 1, Rapport 2

Appearance 3, Manipulation 2, Charisma 2
Style 1, Streetwise 1

Backgrounds
Attunement 5, Ally 2, Node 5 (Backing 1, Resources 2 Mentor 2)

Willpower 3, Quantum 5, Quantum Pool 100, Initiative 6, Movement 7/16 (32)/32 (64), Soak 7/4

Mega Attributes
Mega Strength 1 (Unbound)
Mega Stamina (In Theme) 3 (Adaptability, Regeneration)
Mega Dexterity 1 (Omnidexterity)
Mega Perception 1 (Electromagnetic Vision)

In Theme Powers
Body Modifications
-Adhesive Grip: Wyck can physically bond with surfaces. This allows him to walk up walls or along ceilings at his normal walking speed, and to cling to those surfaces at his normal Might rating
-Extra Limbs - 2 Extra Arms:
-Extra Health Levels-Bruised: 6
-Extra Health Levels-Maimed: 6
-Quadrapedal Movement level 2
-Spinnerets
Bodyshift 3
Homunculus 3
Incorporation 3 – Ammo Symbiosis
Matter Chameleon 2
Sizemorph-Growth 4
Sizemorph-Shrink 4 – Full Power

Out of Theme Powers
Clone 1
Poison 2 - Projectile

BP Spent
5 on Intelligence

5 on Appearance
5 on Backgrounds

NP spent 76 NP Spent
10 points on Quantum Pool
1 point on Backgrounds
6 points on Mega Stamina (In Theme)
3 points on Mega Strength
3 points on Mega Dexterity
3 points on Mega Perception
7 points on Body Modifications (In Theme)
3 points on Bodyshift (In Theme)
6 points on Homunculus (In Theme)
3 points on Incorporation (In Theme)
4 points on Matter Chameleon (In Theme)
4 points on Sizemorph-Growth (In Theme)
8 points on Sizemorph-Shrink (In Theme)
5 points for Clone
10 points for Poison

I'm going to be taking my time with posts for a while. I got a clear picture what I want my characters in this game are to be, but I am noticing I'm having some bleed.

Luckily they are seperated enough (in majority) to where I can establish them.

All I ask is that I am given a little patience as I won't be posting as these characters of mine as much as I'm notorious for. But in one-on-one threads I will be more active.

All I ask is that everyone is patient.My post quality has been lacking.

I got a question:

Does the DSA have a plan with their teenage members? I mean we got this thing now and I'm just wondering, if I start posting on my own as Rebecca, what sort of rules, boundaries, and endzones the teens have.

What sort of classes will they have? What will the DSA itself assign the teens? What will be their role in the organization (I mean Nova Teenagers are just too good a resource to just keep in the dormatory), and what can be done with them that won't raise eyebrows?

I mean, Don't get me wrong, I like the idea, I'd just like to know what I can't do. Well, at least when I'm not being a naughty teenager who can warp time and space and fly.

I guess what I am asking is: What's my boundaries, guys?

I'd say that DSA being a US based organization even if it's international in scope, they would push the kids to keep a clean wholesome image, the way that teen stars do in the entertainment industry. They would expect you to be role models for the preteen crowd.

They probably wouldn't intentionally put the teen members in physical danger because of the image nightmare it would be if one of them got killed. They would however, throw the teens into all kinds of humanitarian aid missions for the good publicity and since that would be an area where they could flex their muscles without being in obvious danger.

Of course the teens being teens would naturally want to get involved in real hunt the bad guys down type missions, which could lead to dramatic tension and them sneaking around their handlers to get into trouble.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm dropping my plan to bring Tabitha into CN.That and I might be pulling Rebecca out and just complete the threads she is in. I think I should stick to Kei and Naomi.

Rebecca could still be doable, incredible even, but it is a safe move to pull Tabitha as I've not even started with her. She'd be taking a role Kei could do better anyways.

Addendum: Done, pulled Tabitha, and I will be keeping Rebecca around. I think I can still work with her, but I think I might start doing some solo things for a while with her before I start running with others.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I just started getting the D0 team involved with the current crisis. Once they arrive on scene, I am willing to allow others into the thread. Naomi will be interacting once the group arrives through a drone.

Yes, I've been planning this for almost 2 weeks. Longer than it was suggested to me. ;)

Is it possible to make a custome suite of Powers? I'm looking to make a Pixie Dust suite which would include:

Disintegration (for making things "fade away")

Healing (for making things "all better")

Immobilize (for making things "stop")

Poison (ranged, for making things "sick")

Stun Attack (for making things "sleep")

Telekinesis (for making things "fly")

and possibly

Empathic Manipulation (because pixie dust can mess with your head)

Quantum Bolt (because its magic and magic has at least one straght up direct damage attack :P)

Strobe (because pixie dust in your eyes/ears/nose)

Most Suite powers are made up of techniques that approximate Level 2 powers, in most cases slightly lesser versions. Here, you are proposing 2 level three powers (Disintegration and Healing) and both Poison and Telekinesis are very versatile.

Since this is CN, where you have 100NP to spend, I'd suggest just buying the powers individually. Not as organized and neat as say, Arrays in M&M, but it will do the job.

Deconstruction - first things first:

Disintegrate is a big gun, a Level 3 power that inflicts unsoakable damage at range. It's not really Suite material. A 'weakened' version of it that affects only inorganic, non-living material might be appropriate: something like that exists under Molecular Manipulation after all. Plus it would be on-theme: pixies aren't really known for reducing living creatures to their component atoms.

Healing is another big gun. Take it as a separate power.

Immobilize, I have no problem with it being part of a suite.

Poison: again I don't really see it thematically, but perhaps Disorient might be more in line with a pixie.

Stun Attack: No problem with this.

TK: This is fine. Bear in mind that Suite versions of existing powers are usually weaker than their non-suite counterparts. Suite teke would be level with perhaps Gravitokinesis from the Gravity suite.

Emp Manipulation: No problem.

Q- Bolt: See the Blast powers from Elemental Mastery and Anima

Strobe: I see no reason why not.

Sounds like a really interesting character. Keep in mind that you can take any or all of those powers individually and define their activation/special effect as being from the use of pixie dust.

I will second James' post. The lvl 3 powers need to be either reduced in effect or taken separately, the rest are fine for a suite power so long as they are at the same level power-wise as the other suite powers.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a rework on puppeteer. It's just the base stats for now. I hope to work on more later. Sorry it took so long. Was busy with other things.

,, ,,
Human:
P:Str. 2, Stam. 2, Dex.: 2
M. Per. 3, Int.2 Wits: 3
S. Ap. 3, Man. 3, Cha. 4
Abilities (23):
Dex: Athletics, Drive, Firearms, Melee
Perception: Awareness, Navigation
Intelligence: Computers, Engineering 2, Intrusion, Linguistics (native: English, Spanish)
Wits: Arts, Biz, Rapport, Meditation
Appearance: Style, Disguise
Manipulation: Diplomacy, Subterfuge, seduction
Charisma: Etiquette, Perform 2
Back ground (7);
Allies 2
Followers 1
Influence 2
Resources 2
Finishing touches:
Will power 3
Quantum 1
Initiative: wit + dex: 3
Movement: Walk 7m
Run (dex + 12m): 13m
Sprint (Dex. x 3) +20m): 23m
Bonus points: 15
Concentration 1
Photographic Memory 1
Quantum Recovery 3
Taint Resistance 5
High pain tolerance 3
Willpower 1 +2
N.P.: 100
Attributes: 5 n.p.
Physical: Str. 2, Dex. 5, Stam. 5
Mental: Per. 4, Int. 5, Wit. 4
Social: App. 3, Man. 3, Cha. 5
Abilities: 11 n.p. (66 points)
Dex: Athletics 3, Drive 3, Martial Arts 5, Melee 5
Stamina: Endurance 5, Resistance 5
Perception: Awareness 3, Navigation 3
Intelligence: Computers 4, Engineering 5, Intrusion 3, Linguistics 3 (native: English. Spanish, Italian, French, Japanese, Chinese, German, Hindi, Norwegian, Portuguese, Russian, Hebrew, Korean)
Wits: Arts 5, Biz 3 , Rapport 3, Meditation 3
Appearance: Style 3, Disguise 5
Manipulation: Diplomacy 5, Subterfuge 5
Charisma: Etiquette 5, Perform 5
Background: 3 n.p. (15 points.)
Allies 2
followers: 2
Influence 3 (entertainment)
Node: 5 (Can spend 20 quantum points per turn 3 taint)
Resources: 2
Willpower +6 6n.p.
Mega’s Attributes: 50
Mega Dex. 3
Enchantment: Slapstick Fighting (Martial Arts, Melee)
Mega Stamina 5
Enchantment: Resiliency, Unageing, Adaptability, Regeneration
Mega Intelligence 5
Enchantment: Total Concentration, Taint Resistance, Linguistic Genius
Mega Wits 3 +1 enchantment
Enchantment: Artistic Genius, Synergy, Mind over Matter
Mega Manipulation 3
Enchantment: Evasive, Mediator
Mega Charisma 5
Mega Enchantment: Politeness, Soothe, Perfect Guest
Powers: 16 n.p.:
Quantum Construct 5 dots, Force Field 1 dots, Armor 5 dots
Willpower 10
Quantum 5
Initiative (dex+wits): 15
Movement: Walk 7m
Run (dex + 12m): 19m
Sprint (Dex. x 3) +20m): 41m
17 n.p. left

• 3 weeks later...

Tommy, please don't do that. It's presumptive of you to assume that no one else was interested, and you effectively deleted Cent's reply, too, which was favorable. It's also rude to delete/hide other people's posts, no matter the reason.

For what it's worth, I'm not offended, Dawn, Tommy. That said, Tommy, I didn't say (or at least didn't mean to communicate) that I thought it was a bad idea, but rather that I didn't think it would gain any traction. Just getting people to reassess the idea of "Q6 allowed 1 year after game start, no Mastery extra, no Crosstime Travel, no Disease Authority" has turned out to be incredibly difficult for everyone involved for reasons that defy my ability to understand. Given that, I don't think people are likely to be able to summon the necessary energy to transfer the entire game system.

Switching to M&M 3e would've been pretty sweet, though.

Well I also considered the fact we shouldn't distract ourselves right now with things not pertaining to the now issues at hand with the game.

I am sort of the same thought process that M&M3 would be far better, but the transition would probably kill the game harder than our current roadblocks.

I'm taking a break from CN for a while.

I will complete my current obligations in the current D0 thread and where Cuidad currently sits, but I need some time to put my frustrations away and start off fresh mentally.

This may be a short time, or quite a while.

• 2 weeks later...

I am going to consider my characters in CN as "Inactive" from here on. I will complete Cuidad, but unless there is some plot action or a change to a more ST driven game, I am going to become less active in general.

I have a quick question.

I got the framework for a Naomi story to write that will be started after her pregnancy ends at the end of June. So sometime in mid-July in-game time.

The antagonist of the story I was thinking of making as a Daredevil inspired type. Have we thought of letting Daredevils be NPCs in this universe?

Oh, and the avatar is a preview of what is coming for a new profile picture. His drawing is inspiring the story.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been brewing an idea for a side story, and I was going to offer it up as a lighter affair from the current goings on in the Cuidad story arc.

It involves Rebecca, and her idea for a vacation. Namely The Moon.

What I was thinking I'll post here and see what can be done to improve this concept before starting off with it.

1: Rebecca herself is going there to relax. She has been through a stressful three months.

2: She will take along scientific equipment for NASA, the ESA, and JAXA with her for lunar research.

3: She is going to check on the welfare of "Tranquility Base" and take pictures (without disturbing the site, of course).

4: I am unsure what sort of concerns the DSA has in regards to Rebecca's plan, other than Justin advising that perhaps they don't want Rebecca to be alone when she goes.

I'm thinking the total trip in game would be a seven day sort of affair on the lunar surface, so she would probably have to take some form of shelter with her to rest and enjoy some creature comforts.

I am open when I get this started, to let others join Rebecca in this.

What are your thoughts?

If the overall idea is solid then, what about the finer details.

Again, as she is 13, the DSA would probably want a chaperone with her there, also while she is going there to relax, if someone else wanted to come along I have no objections.

So really the minimum for this thread I wish to run is myself +1.

I think she would be required to take a chaperone, particularly a scientific/government one if she is going near Tranquility base due to it's historic significance. They would want to ensure that she doesn't disturb it.

What is her mode of transportation? How long does it take her to get to the moon? How is she taking a chaperone? It would almost have to be another nova with Adaptability, otherwise the chaperone wouldn't be very useful or effective.

What about taking Nate's ship on its maiden voyage? He works for the DSA and could be the chaperone, although being a 23 year old guy, some might think she would need a chaperone from her chaperone. :P

Does she normally have a minder, or does she have parents that oversee her life? Sorry, I haven't read Rebecca's character sheet or threads, so I don't know the answer to those questions.

Nate wants to get NASA and the world governments to hire him to deliver scientific equipment to space so this would be perfect for that, besides whatever fun they could get up to.

Rebecca can warp. That would be how she gets the equipment, herself, and any extra people to the lunar surface.

Also, her parents would approve of her trip as she is a adaptive nova. Although she would still wear a space suit if only "because it looks cool on the photos". So she might be testing a prototype spacesuit as well. Some joint MIT/DSA effort.

Rebecca doesn't have a dedicated minder, probably because A: All the DSA knows where to find her 90% of the time (A library or her quarters), B: Her "guardian" (which is probably the better term you're looking for, Fox) is usually the person in charge of her during a mission/event.

Note: She will probably refuse to take a normal person with her, as the risks with her and any nova chaperone are minimal, while with a Human/Psi well, I heard the vacuum is a bad place.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived