Post Holiday Return

Dave ST

Hey all, things are slowly returning to normal here in Daveland so I'll start having more time to post soon. I've noticed that my games were removed (and rightfully so, they were inactive for three months...).

Here's the thing, those that were in those games; are the players still interested in continuing them? I know I've been gone for awhile, but hey, RPG Post doesn't pay the bills, although I'm certainly not against Chosen paying my rent and stuff, I'd be cool with that. :D

Also the games I was in, are my characters still around or have they been written out?

It's nice to be back, guys. Can't wait to get some posting started back up.

Wow, I didn't realize Mutant High was that much of a favorite. Okay, tell ya what guys, give me some time to rewrite a proposal for a Mutant High game and we'll toss around a few ideas. This way the core dynamic will be better understood (even by me, I was sorta winging it sometimes).

My only apprehension about is that you've all seen that sometimes I have a hard enough time keeping up with games that I only have 5 players in, Mutant High has the potential to have 10+ people in it and I'm not sure I could handle all that. Maybe moderating the forum and making it a bit like WoD:A. Just a thought I had.

Dave - Could I suggest a set-up like QF? Essentially:

1. Plot threads run for major ST-driven, possibly world changing events.
  2. Interludes for the down-times between such plots that are primarily PC driven.
  3. And Side Fictions (player-driven fictions done during Plot time-lines that are not directly plot threads).

This would give you control over how much time you have to put in as a thread-running ST but still provide ST-plot for the game. Also, when you get busy or feel overwhelmed, you can sew up the current plot threads and declare an Interlude period so you can take a breather from the game.

I'm suggesting this because as much as I love the idea of bringing Mutant High back, I know I'm not going to stick with a strictly or primarily OW game. I just don't have the mental juice for it and I've had far too many bad brushes with unfinished storylines and feeling like I'm running around hat-in-hand to the other players in that game trying to get threads started or pulled back up after stalling out. The Plot-Interlude-Plot scenario seems to be working very well in QF, creating a creative cycle where the PC's and the ST feed off each other with each turn of the cycle. Does that sound appealing or workable to you?

Also, I heartily suggest aST's to oversee Interlude and Side Fictions so you don't have to.

Originally that was my proposal for Mutant High: ST(s) run a story line, we play it, and in the interrim we write other stuff around those fictions at our liesure. An enviroment where there were still ST driven threads but all PCs had the opportunity to write and post and interract with the other players, even if they weren't directly involved in the current plot.

Yeah, what happened was that we got dependent on the ST-ed threads just when you left.... But the core idea was generally sound I think. Just need to fine-tune posting patterns to avoid the same delay as before.

On a seperate note: I did a big rewrite of Curtis' background and personality and hopefully that should iron him out more for the benefit of all of us. :)

Archived