DnD Fifth Edition

Ouroboros

Hmm. I could get it today too, but I really kind of want the PDF more than the print. I wonder if it's available online anywhere yet.

Edit - Durr...wait, this is Wizards of the Coast. They don't do PDFs. Nevermind! Off to the game store!

Edit: Part Deux - Or actually, it's out on Amazon in 2 weeks for almost half the price. Nevermind! Off to...wait. Patiently.

It's an early bird promotion and not all stores got in on it. it's official street date is the 19th. My one frustration is the the MM isn't out until September (I think) so monsters are kind of scant at the moment.

I think that their strategy with the waved release is to push the starter box and adventure books/modules by making them extra useful in the absence of the MM and DMG.  Why else release the DMG 3/4 months after the PHB?

Not that any of this matters to me.  I've never cared for much of the stuff that makes DnD (and by extension Pathfinder) DnD-y.  All that said I might give it a try at GenCon if there's a game available when I have nothing else to do, just to say I've tried it, and to update my most recent experience by nearly 20 years (last DnD game I played in a was ADnD 2nd Ed in '96).

Archived