[OpNet] What do you do for fun?

Wakinyan

A friend of mine recently asked me this question and it has made me curious. What do you do while at play or for hobbies you enjoy?

Because we are so diverse I would like to know what it is each of you do for a hobby or for fun!

I'll share mine if you share yours. wink

(And no I won't bother saying on of my most obvious hobbies.)

DANCING!

I love to dance.

Hanging out with my friends (Hi Dorothy laugh ); meeting new people is good; Speaking a new langauge correctly for the first time is always special to me.

Shapeshifting into new animal shapes, finding out new stuff on the Opnet, playing with Kruger ...

Oh! and my Martial Arts lessons!!!! but they are kind of like dancing too.

Work. I'm blessed that I enjoy my work to the point that it becomes fun. Since reassuming my position on the Knights, I've overhauled many of the security systems, and have written an entirely new OS interface for the Knights. Now I am in the process of integrating with the remainder of the City of Chicago.

Quote:
Originally posted by Velvet:
Let's see.
Good cigars, good food, wine, dancing, old (mid-20th century) western films, hitting the firing range...

Oh, yeah. And the requisite "Sex, Drugs, and Rock 'n Roll."

That should just about cover it.
Hmm.. You sound better and better...

Metal scuplture, music (listening, writing, performing), dancing, philosophy books/discussions, clothing design (since I kill eufiber), watching motion pictures (old and new), smoking fine cigars and hookah's (not sure where I picked up the latter from), clubbing, intelligent conversation, and of course Sex, Drugs, and Rock 'n Roll.

~Noir

I love to attend literary readings. That's a bit of a cheat I know, those can be just as passionate as two bodies slapping together, dripping sweat and moaning. But if I can sit as unobtrusively as possible to listen to someone pour their soul into words I feel so at peace.

I find that watching archives of the classic Monty Python's Flying Circus is rather enjoyable. I still have my Anime and Manga collections, although they were trimmed a bit from the fire that I have now taken full inventory of what I did lose.

Other than that, rendering digital landscapes and walking through them has taken my hobby time. I just created a 7 gigabyte world with all the trimmings. That is, after figuring out a way to condense the code without losing quality.

I still love the cosplay though. Always have, always will. Taking on another persona, at least for a short time, is quite qonderful.

I enjoy flying, soaring high above the clouds and feeling the sun on my skin. As much skin as I can get it on, in fact. laugh The feeling is quite exhilarating; so much so I think I'm turning into a shrubbery. ( wink - Sakurako) I have quite a collection of black and white and colour photographs that I take whilst up there: the two hobbies complement each other nicely.

My other pastimes include reading philosophy, fantasy and sci-fi, and watching a good movie. I like to sing for myself, and I occasionally pretend at writing poetry and song lyrics, but its pretty terrible stuff. shocked

Shopping for tailor-made clothes is a past-time I have grown to enjoy. Meeting other novas, even ones whose ideas and philosophies differ from mine (assuming, of course, we can actually have any sort of meaningful discussion).

Also, I'm going to have to go along with Sex, Drugs, and Rock 'n' Roll. laugh The ultimate weapons in the liberation of the self.

Sex, drugs and Rock 'n' Roll seems to be my doom anymore. But I do love them so.

I love flying, hunting, sunning myself on large rocks, Chatting and goofing around online. (obviously) Dancing, and scuplting.

Things I have gotten into recently are Online gaming, Martial Arts, Archery and Gardening.

I enjoy music. I tend to go to music halls and listen to those who still have ears to hear with. You would be amazed how the same exact song can be heard in so many different ways and provide such a touching myriads of various stimuli responses.

I also like using computers and the Opnet. It is the closest thing that human and nova kind have to a collective mind. As disjointed as it is.

I also enjoy existing.

I enjoy all kinds of art. Yeah, I'm the kind of person that goes to art galleries and museums and stays looking at one piece for ten minutes with a rather dorky expression on her face, trying to work out all the intricacies of the thing. And i do something similar with music, I like putting a song on repeat and try to know everything there is to know about it, although other times I just ride with the music and enjoy.

I also like singing, dancing and generally partying, hanging out with friends and stuff. I kind of miss getting drunk (not even AmpWells make much of a dent in my metabolism now) but dancing is just as fun without alcohol.

You can't live that far from me. Which side of the park are you looking at?

I run my business. A little import and little exportt. A little work on the side for the guys from the old neighborhood keeps me from getting bored. I like to cook but not that much. Its too much trouble to make the food it takes to get me through the day.

• 3 weeks later...

i like to read sci-fi, and play miniture wargames. video games too. of course, i write and sculpt and draw and compose a lot. sculpting and painting my own minitures is quite fun.

music is very important. i like most kinds of music. rock is great, especialy most classic rock. Really, ive got winamp tuned into on internet radio station or another most of the time. theres some good stuff on opnet, if you know where to listen.

tea is a wonderful thing. specificaly, a nice cup of prince of wales, with some cheese and crackers. or maybe buttered toast. good stuff.

I swim, mostly I swim and depending on my mood, I might be exploring some area of an ocean... I usually stay in the Pacific but, it's not uncommon to find me in the Atlantic or Indian... looking for lost treasure in some fashion or another.

I have found I have missed meeting other Novas, so I might as well add that to my list of things I do for fun.

Well, I love swimming and basking in the sun. I love reading, I have been readinga lot lately. I have looking into many of things to do, but mostly I have just been laying in the sun. I find the act of doing nothing more than feeling the warmth of sun on my body to be a rather pleasant release.

Archived