Mutants & Masterminds: Lake City Universe - M&M 3E - LCU: Alliance OS1 (OOC)

Heritage

In case anyone was wondering, I haven't posted in the IC thread because it seems as though the scene is in transition (i.e. there's been a call to move the shuttle, and I get the impression that the PCs within the shuttle would not be too keen on opening it again until it is moved - a sentiment I fully understand) and that I should therefore wait to post. If my impression is wrong, then please let me know, as I'd be more than happy to have Aurelius arrive outside of the shuttle immediately if that's what's desired. :)

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

For the benefit of us all, I'm going to assume you've all got small earbud type communicators, even if you don't have one on your sheet. If Sigil turns to petals...well, they're cheap and easily replaced. :D So you can communicate with each other and with Ditra/the ship AI, who can also access satelite data if you need it.

Oh, also when I went back and reread posts up until this point, I found out we were supposed to be on the night side of the planet when we landed...but now it's clearly broad daylight. Everyone okay with this? I figure it's easier to just go forward rather than go back and edit a bunch of posts.

It's fine. And when Sigil turns to petals, or moves through trees, I assume she can bring her personal effects with her, or magically accommodate them somehow, or it would a very limited and rather embarrassing set of powers to use. :)

This is a valid point! :D

His eyes have Extended x3 for a x1,000 increase over regular vision. Normal eyesight suffers a -1 penalty on Perception rolls per 10 feet of distance, so Aurelius' would suffer the same penalty per [10 x 1,000 = 10,000] feet. He also has Infravision, Ultravision, and Penetrates Concealment on his vision (though recall that he can't see through especially dense materials, such as gold).

Apparently I've misunderstood Heritage's PM to me, so I would hold off on responding in the IC thread for now, since my description of what A's seeing may not have been accurate. I've PMed him again asking for further clarification and will update things as soon as I have an answer.

Sorry for the confusion! :(

Man, I'm posting a lot in this thread all of a sudden. Anyway, this is just a quick reminder to all that I will be leaving the country starting this Friday (Sep 14th) and will not be back until Oct 1st. I'll have some occasional and limited access to the internet while I'm there (or so I'm told), so I'm going to try and get on here to post some while I'm away, but if you don't hear from me for a while don't be too surprised.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I'm in Tulear in Southwestern Madagascar ATM and - for the moment - I have some access to internet, so I'm popping in to give an update so you guys can move forward.

Aurelius weighs somewhere around 250lbs. if I remember right, so Lusungu could possibly pick him up. Alternately, she could simply suggest that he 'take point' and provide them with cover, if that's her ultimate objective. Also, for Sigil's question, you guys can assume that he agrees to her proposal, though probably with a bit of reluctance due to the use of words like 'essence'.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have concerns about the long term health of this game. I think the drawn out way Ive handled this first mission, combined with a lack of IC guidance from the Alliance, your employers, has led us to an impasse. I must admit. I dont have a lot of emthusiasm for this game right now, but that might just be the current storyline. What do you guys think?

there's other factors at work too...the sudden changes in cast, for example...and i feel i chose my character poorly for a super/scfi hybrid, in hindsight.

the fish out of water angle works best if there are other fish IN the water.

and there was a lack of planning and coordination that i must take some responsibility for

Okay gang, I'm making an executive decision and shutting this game down; I hate to say it, but my heart has not been in it for month, I never fully detailed this first mission (no floor plans for the base, bad guys were MOSTLY done) and I think the way the team was set up was really too loose for these kinds of missions. I apologize to one and all for not running a better game, but I think this is really for the best in the long term; perhaps I need to stop trying to run such epic games.

Max, if you'd be interested in submitting a PL8 version of Sigil, I think she'd be a good fit for the Home of Heroes game set in the Lake City Universe, especially since they have some limited dealings with magic, magic wands and police work make for amusing bedfellows, and their next assignment after the current one is to bring in a powerful dark fae vigilante. However I don't think Sgt. Chanda or Aurelius would be good fits (sorry, guys!)

For those of you who are fans of White Wolf's pulp game Adventure!, I am going to launch a game using that system set in 1938 based out of Great Britain, with lots of Nazi-punching action. Look for the resurrected thread in the Play-by-Post Discussion section.

Once again, I apologize; haven't had to write one of these dreadful farewell posts in a long time, and I still hate doing them.

Keep reaching for the stars!

Heritage

Archived