Mutants & Masterminds: Lake City Universe - M&M 3E - LCU: Alliance OS1 (OOC)

Heritage

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Prince: I take it from you last post that Chance did not spend the night in his quarters? Your reference to 'front door' is throwing me a bit, since the cul-de-sac is connected to the main passage around the ring via a short hallway, with no doors inbetween; maybe I should finish my floorplan of the area and upload it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry again for the delay! My laptop's not able to take a charge anymore (stupid power cord), so I have to go places with free internet access until I've got a solution; I'm working on getting a new job, which should allow me to pay for better computer stuff (yay!).

So one of the conventions I'm using in this campaign is that space is effing big - there is no FTL communication, just coordinated jumpships being sent back and forth between stars on a regulated timetable. 'Jump guns' are special features on large jumpships that allow them to launch small shuttles with no jump capability to other systems, and this is the way most transport, shipping and communication is handled. When Ditra says there's no psychic communication, she is speaking of the limits she knows to telepathy; with enough ranks, interstellar ranges can be achieved, which is presumably what the Light's been doing to recruit followers on Earth. The Alliance has no such method at their disposal, as the member races are currently limited to inter-system communication, mostly employing Nameless gestalts such as I depicted in the first post of this storyline.

So now's the time to place your last drink orders, go to the bathroom and make hasty requisitions for elephant guns before you all get crammed into a bullet and shot across the galaxy!

• 2 weeks later...

So I take it from the lack of posts that you guys have either given up on this game (God, I hope not) or I failed to give you what you need in my last post, or that no one saw it because they've moved on to bigger and better things. Which one is it, dare I ask?

I wasn't sure what to post beyond, "Sigil gets ready to travel." I was holding off hoping someone else would take the lead. :)

Probably exactly what everyone else was doing too.

Sorry. Just didn't really have a feel for what comes next from my point of view.

Fair enough. I can add a bit to the post (or just add another short one) with Ditra kinda whisking you guys out of the office and getting you over to the gun; with her uplink, she can probably get any info you needed in route and just hand you a flash drive with the info. Yes, she hides flash drives as well as smoke bombs somehow on her person ;)

Look for an addendum no later than Wednsday.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No one should feel compelled to reply to that last post, since I'm going to make a longer one this weekend where they actually get onboard the ship in the jump gun; that said, if you want to throw in something quick, feel free.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Okay team, now's your time to shine! You can approach the statition anyway you want, using whatever tactics you choose; Mini-Deet can answer any questions about the powerplant, planet or anything else based on the shuttle's database. I would suggest coming up with a basic plan fast, so we can just leap into the action.

Okay, so we still have our pixie and our teleporting sniper onboard, so there's that. I sent a PM to Jeremy/Gakusha, who's said he's looking to drop out, suggesting an IC way of handling his departure, and I sent a Facebook message to Chance's player, so then we'll see where we stand :)

Just so folks know Gakusha's 'condition' meets with Jeremy's approval as a way to remove him from the action, as Jeremy is leaving the game; I chose this rather than simply killing the hapless cyborg as it gives him the option to return if he ever changes his mind.

Okay, so the post has been fleshed out a bit; there is local plantlife on the shore, some 35 km away form the station, and there is Terran vegitation at the target location. Not sure all of what Sigial can make work out of that.

Alright, my lift just dropped from 11 to 10, meaning I only have to mark 28 finals (and counting), mark a backlog of homework (as past late homework that kids now decided they wanted to do), and write report cards, and then my teaching commitments are done for the year, so I should be able to reliably be here at least once every 48 hours in a state that will allow me to string together sentences in a hopefully entertaining and creative fashion.

Oh, there are trees in the biodome (sorry if I didn't make that clear), but the radically different natures of Terran and Orthi plantlife, plus the fact that the dome is a highly artificial environment, might lead to problems. Also glad to hear you'll be around a bit more, RM!

Sorry to be so slow in posting here gang, though it does appear you've been using my time away wisely! I don't think I have time for the big post I need to do this evening, but I'll be back on again early tomorrow morning to keep us moving forward.

Archived