Mutants & Masterminds: Lake City Universe - M&M 3E - LCU: The Home of Heroes (OOC)

Heritage

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HH: Sorry, this went bonkers while I slept. If you got the senses for it, go for it and hear it. Otherwise Samson didn't hear it from the coming Migrane he's probably going to have. Also, SB has her Motorcycle. She can't fly other than hover or ride the wind. Or having a tow. But again, motorcycle. ^_^

Due to availability changes, I will be unable to continue with my character here. I'm sorry, but I can only focus on one game.

The reason I have left in the "Availability Changes" post in the General Discussion board.

Characters Effected: Superball

Saw your original post before the edit... Perhaps it's just me, but I feel like Russell has been talking an awful lot this scene. More-so than I'd like him to. He's supposed to be more taciturn, though I recognize he's trying to 'pick up on Gary's slack'. I never expected him to succeed at doing so :P

Hellhound's not a 'talker' but with Gary having a headache, he's thinking, 'someone's gotta say *something*' so he's talking more than usual. I never really expected what he had to say to have as much validity as it does, haha.

Kam, I'm fine with you not post except for on the weekends; as has been pointed out, the game moves a bit slower, largely due to my erractic posting schedule, so I doubt that would present a real problem.

Let me ask guys something: how do you want to procede? Do you want me to put details about Grimalkin's file up in another thread and just jump forward to another point in either investiagtion (or both), or do you want to hash things out more with the detectives back at the HQ? I'm fine with either way, I just don't want to lose anymore momentum, since the space game is struggling and I don't want the same thing to happen here :)

A very good point, Jameson; my overall plan was to have the Grimalkin thing sort of in the background with the serial killer in the foreground; after all, serial killers are usually much more worrisome than vigilantes. I didn't want to overburden you guys early on, just sort of show that it's not like there's only one threat out there at any given time.

How do you feel about moving forward otherwise, Jameson?

Heri, your plan sounds fine. Giving us two issues to deal with but one of greater importance that has to be done NOW is a fine way to do it. May I suggest closing the thread and maybe awarding some experience for our work? :whistle:

Heritage, I REALLY like the idea of putting Grimalkin's file up as a second thread. Just the file. Don't expect us to post there. Run the serial killer thread as an active story arc posting and all. My idea is that, with us having access to the information in Grimalkin's thread OOC on our own time, we can decide what our characters gain from it separately. I'd also like to put out the option that I'll make myself available for PM if anyone wants a private interaction with my character on that subject. Perhaps we could also send you a PM or two as if we had questions for the Detectives. But As Jameson said, so as not to slow things down, I'd recommend we allocate that to our own time.

And hey, who doesn't like some thread-ending experience :)

Oh, and HH thinks Gary should take two chill pills and see him in the morning :P Some of us have done worse things than gentle mental coaxing ;)

Okay, I think this is what I'm gonna do:

1. Close out the current thread, maybe with a sort of final wrap-up post.

2. Award Hero Points! Does 4 HP per character seem fair to folks?

3. Do a Grimalkin file thread as a stand-alone.

4. Keep this thread open as the official Home of Heroes OOC.

5. Label all future threads thusly: "HoH: Something Pretty Cool". Since only LCU games are in this section, I can drop the universe setting title.

How's that sound to folks?

Edit: Did I say 'Hero Points'? I meant Power Points.

Heri, that all sounds good to me. I'm eager to get on with taking out this serial killer!

Also, Hellhound - Russ is getting a hurt/annoyed look from Val because she was being respectful. Well, insofar as Blitz shows respect. She is a teenager and to her, being an asshole is okay for the right reasons.

Heri: Thanks for understanding about my schedule.

Everyone else: I have placed HoH at the #2 position on post triage.

I thank everyone for their patience in this crisis and I will endeavor to hold my end of the bargain up. *bows*

That's fine, Blitz. Russel is just trying to say that being respectful is usually better received when you use the right words for it. Like he said, he had a rich family growing up (They were all lawyers). Some habits die hard. Others not at all.

Oh, and a note about the "Universe" concept, there is potential that if this game takes off with more players across the board but you don't have room in either group, you could have a third team. Not sure what a third team would be doing or look like. The concept of Super-Paramedics/S&R always has fascinated me.

But that's me.

I got 4 PP to spend and nearly a week to figure it out.

So I guess I'll put up some character edits here?

Rewards: +4PP

Dropping Improved Grab (Don't need to grab with just one hand, I feel like). +1 PP

Feats:

All out Attack -1PP

Power Attack -1 PP

Improved Initiative -1PP (Bringing him to a righteous +10).

Skills: Using my last 2 pp to grab 4 ranks. Not sure how to allocate them appropriately though. Going to dump more points into Expertise Police Officer to further represent his time in law school. Wondering if I should split this up or not. Would it be more appropos to take

Expertise (Police Officer) 6 (+8)

Or raise Expertise (Police Officer) to 3, and take Expertise (Law) 3 as well?

I'm not sure how you want to differentiate these things, Heritage. Just let me know before I edit his sheet.

Oh, can we put on the side, between stories perhaps, that SB whips up communicators/comlinks/radios for everyone to use? That would lower Samson's workload tremendously.

I'm thinking earbuds with a whip-mike. Or perhaps a light headset that has a small video screen or a way to project a video image to the eye. And a camera.

NM, this idea was nixed IC from what I hear. Although I can't remember.

HH: That's a very tricky distinction; to some extent, I would say Ex: PO would cover everything leading up the the arrest, and that Ex:L would cover everything afterwards (not including scientific investigation), but that might be a bit of an artificial split.

SB: I wrote Mike saying he was going to work on getting Path radios for you guys, but I A) need to stat them, and B) don't want to stop a character from making something better than the Paths for themselves or others. How would you stat out the comms you had in mind above?

I'm trying to figure out how I can build a short range comms power outside of Gary's array so that he can still act as relay but without the need to toggle in and out of comms all the time. It's not going to be cheap and I may end up having to sacrifice some portion of his array for the points needed.

Jameson: So you're saying some sort of lobotomy might be involved? Horrors!

I actually can't think of much else that needs to be said in that thread, so I might just skip the wrap-up post, lock 'er down and start the new thread. Sound fair to everyone?

Heri, I finally spent my 4 PP. Let me know if there's an issue.

Improved Initiative 2 (2 pp)

Benefit, Cipher 1 (1 pp)

Missiles Alternate Effect:

. . Missile's Wake: Line Area Affliction 8 (1st degree: Dazed, 2nd degree: Prone, DC 18; Alternate Resistance (Dodge), Line Area: 5 feet wide by 30 feet long, Reaction 3: reaction; Instant Recovery, Limited: Directly Behind Blitz, Limited Degree) (1 pp[2 pp/rank])

Okay, I'm gonna put some links up here, to the part of the previous thread where the detectives started to discuss the killings; note that all the PCs had questions and theories between these posts, but these were the ones where Lisowski and Colby answered all the questions.

First post

Second post

Third post

Blitz: Those additions seem fine to me :)

Archived