Mutants & Masterminds: Lake City Universe - M&M 3E - LCU: The Home of Heroes (OOC)

Heritage

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello, and welcome!

Heritage is the GM for this game. You will need to be patient in waiting for a reply to him, his internet access is irregular. I'm sure when he next checks in though he can let you know if he is willing to take on a new player. If you are interested in something with a darker tone but still super humans you might want to give a look at The Magisterium game forum. If I recall the GM said that she would be taking a second group of players at some point, though I am unsure when that might be or if that has changed.

There is also the Game Room forum over at the Atomic Think Tank forums which are the official Mutants & Masterminds forums. There are always new games starting over there in a wide variety of genres, tones, and themes, and the people on the forums there are generally very knowledgeable and freindly. :)

The ST for Magi (me) would be looking at new players for a second go-around. Marquis, I'm usually in chat as Carver or Carver Soze, if you want to come talk to me. Otherwise, feel free to read the background information in the Magi forum.

Okay gang, sorry for the delay!

Joey isn't physically as big as The Blob, but his body does have similar properties.

Marquis: Greetings and salutations! I will address you further in the LCU General OOC thread :)

Okay, let it be known that just because Volt has Carni in his tendril thing, it does not mean he's down for the count yet; he may well do something on his initiative, especially if prodded on by Joey.

Okay, going over my previous rolls, I see that I fucked up and confused Joey's Will save (+6) with a Toughness save for Nux (+7); this would have changed thinsg considerably, but at this point rather than going back in time and have us all edit, I'm just gonna say Joey was surprisingly motivated, maybe by all the adrenaline pumping through his brain. Sorry guys!

And holy crap, Joey's new Will save bears that out: 1d20+6=24 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3523509/

Looks like it's time for Gary to put the hammer down! 1d20+6=12 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3523512/

Buh-buh-buh-BAM! It's Puppet Show time in ol' Lake City!

I will post for Team Evil as soon as I can.

SB here.

What's the condition of the Vic? I... sorta rolled good after popping my last HP that suddenly isn't my last HP.

Now sitting at 1 HP.

The patient has been stabilized! If it's okay with folks here, I'm gonna rule that a successful stabilization check changes a character's status from 'dying' to 'incapacitated'. In the rules it says it removes the dying condition, but for the person to go from 'dying' to 'fine' seems a bit much. A heart attack or other life-threatening situation takes a lot out of you, so it just seem fair. Further Treatment checks can remove the component conditions of incapacitated (defenseless, stunned and unaware) if you so choose, but otherwise the main thing she needs is to be taken to a hospital to have her vitals monitored and the state of her heart muscles to be evaluated.

Is that cool with everyone?

Generally speaking the only way a character will get to dying is by going through incapacitated along the way (and probably staggered, and very likely a few injuries as well) Exceptions may exist (Chi powers, weird ass magic, etc). Either way you're doing what makes sense for the scene which is always fine.

The patient has been stabilized! If it's okay with folks here, I'm gonna rule that a successful stabilization check changes a character's status from 'dying' to 'incapacitated'. In the rules it says it removes the dying condition, but for the person to go from 'dying' to 'fine' seems a bit much. A heart attack or other life-threatening situation takes a lot out of you, so it just seem fair. Further Treatment checks can remove the component conditions of incapacitated (defenseless, stunned and unaware) if you so choose, but otherwise the main thing she needs is to be taken to a hospital to have her vitals monitored and the state of her heart muscles to be evaluated.

Is that cool with everyone?

SB Here

Sounds good, but I made sure she's not in any danger for now. Thankfully.

Sorry for the absence. Went to the alma mater for the weekend to cheer on a few friends at their graduation.

HH should be at 2HP right now. 1 + the 1 for the saves getting fubared!

I just have to say HH... You... Are... AWESOME!

:D While I always appreciate my adoring fans, could you care to elaborate? Anything you see that you like in my writings style or actions deserves to be repeated. But I've gotta know what it is that you like so I can keep doing it! :)

Haha! Thanks. I'll try to keep it up. I'm glad two years of using online posting and story telling to make myself a better writer / typist actually paid off in some respect. I know it did wonderful things for my grammar, but it helps to know that people actually appreciate the words I throw down rather than just how they're spelled :)

Hey Hellhound, could you maybe not color Russ' normal dialog or use a different color? I had to read the end of your last post a couple of times to tell which was internal and which was not. General convention is that normal dialog is straight black. It would help to differentiate a little more :)

That would probably work out fine, that is what most of us do. For Gary I use normal text for speech, italics for internal thoughts, and blue italics for his telepathic transmissions.

I could be the only one, but had a little trouble when I first read your last post.

Okay, so...

Normal Conversations:

Anything Russell says in conversation is in maroon and quotes, "My name is Russell."

Russell's thoughts are in Italicized Maroon without quotes. I darkened it to make a better contrast with...

Anything the Demon/Barghest/Hellhound that lives inside him is in Bright Red. Note: For the time being this will ONLY be within the...

Internal Monlogue sections:

Any conversation between Russell and the hellhound will be wrapped in a quote section.

"Russell talks in Italicized Maroon with quotations."

"The Hellhound talks in Italicized Bright Red with quotations."

Hopefully that makes things a little clearer. I've edited my post, tell me what you think?

While we're clearing things up:

She smiled. "There is names to who we saved today, Special Agent Samson... that's more than enough that I need to know. Those people will live to see another day and Justice will be served."

"But we still have another mission we have to get to, don't we? There's a killer out there." She says, low enough so that the conversation is only heard between them. She puts a supporting hand on his shoulder. "But... I think we can afford a nights rest and perhaps a good shower. I know I'm going to need some time to clean my suit."

Who is Superball talking to when her voice is 'low enough so that the conversation is only heard between them'? Is it JUST Samson as he we referred to in the separate paragraph above this one? Or is it everyone standing nearby? This includes Samson, the detectives and now Hellhound that I ninja'd my post in before yours... Just want to know whether or not my character was privy to her little foreboding line there...

Archived