Mutants & Masterminds: Lake City Universe - M&M 3E - LCU: The Home of Heroes (OOC)

Heritage

Hmm, though he heard that the woman is having the heart attack, HH will realize that teleporting the first woman took a lot out of him (Represented by the HP usage). He may also quickly realize that she's safer physically inside than out right now, since Nux is blasting the emergency folk.

What to do, what to do? I'll have to wait and see what develops between now and my turn, I suppose...

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually... bad idea... Probably not the best to be transporting a code blue patient through fire and brimstone... Aurgh!!! Inner Conflict!!!

Wouldn't it only be a problem if she actually died in Hell? :lol:

Agent Gary - 2 HP

The Hoods - O HP

Blitz - 2 HP

Superball - 2 HP

Volt - 2 HP

Hellhound - 2 HP (the only HP spent yet, right?)

HH is up!

Also, I'm down to 1 HP after the vomit field save.

D'oh! The whole reason I reposted it was because I wanted to show current HP levles, and I forgot to adjust them for SB!

Agent Gary - 2 HP

The Hoods - O HP

Blitz - 2 HP

Superball - 1 HP

Volt - 2 HP

Hellhound - 2 HP

Now all correct! Still waiting on Mr. Hound.

And still waiting on my question.

Check page 20 of the DCA book (not sure of the page in M&M 3rd book) under Extra Effort is an option for Bonuses on checks. Also on page 21 under Hero Points is the option to Improve a roll. Actually the whole section on Extra Effort and Hero Points is pretty much essential reading :)

I think back in 2E, using bouncing as an attack was just a regular Slam attack (standard action). Bouncing used to give you bonuses to your attack roll / damage or something... I'm not sure if it works the same in 3e or not. Jameson! What's the deal here?

No chat witnesses today... hope invisible castle is up.

+2 All out Attack (-2 DEF for one round) (1d20+8=19) Eh... That is probably good enough to hit, being as how I'm probably getting the jump on him so he might even be flat footed, but I don't want to risk it. I'll spend an HP just in case. (whatever your policy is on seeing the result before deciding on the HP or not, I don't know, but at least this way you won't have to wait up for me).

HP reroll: HP Reroll +2 All out Attack (normally a 6) (-2 DEF for one round) (1d20+8=20) What, Really? Okay fine whatever.

Assuming that hits, FAST GRAB! Which surprisingly in this edition I don't think I have to roll, but he does (resistance against a rank 10 strength). Just in case I do have to roll so you don't have to wait: STR Check for Fast Grab (1d20+10=13) Well let's hope I don't have to roll... :P

If the grab is successful, HH will Pin him or whatever. I don't think I can deal damage to him twice...

I'll watch the thread. Some tell me if I'm doing this wrong...

The IC post is assuming I hit. I can edit it if not...

Gary is unaware of the little old lady, or was, I have forgotten TBH, but the "get her out" comment was in regards to the chick in the bathroom. The hope is that taking Nux out will let Blitz rush in for backup without those pesky vertigo saves once she disarms the bomb.

Blitz / Jameson: While I'm aware that HH has misinterpreted the directive, I am not going to edit the post. I purposefully had him assume that Gary was aware of the old woman AND talking about her. He thinks this because he'd basically already saved the girl in the bathroom when Gary contacted him. Therefore, he assumes Gary is up to speed, and moving on to the next hostage. The situation is basically a double blind. Just because I know what's really going on, doesn't mean my character does. Especially since things have gotten really damn confused in the last few moments with the fighting and the nausea bomb, etc.

Let's just move forward, shall we? And were all my rolls in order?

this:

Says that after myself we roll back to the top of the initiative and you. Though I'm sure you'll want to see the results of my attacks on Nux before you do anything. Or you could just respond with, "What? There's a dying old lady now?!" :P

Another thing we should do to "help speed things up": After you make a post. Include who should be following your post, and whether or not we are waiting on GM rulings and such. If we ARE waiting on GM rulings, perhaps drop Heritage an Email as well so that he knows to just pop his head in or something.

Looking at the last post takes little effort. Having to go look up who should be acting takes significantly more.

Yeah, that's why I popped EE for the surge. if I can get two crappy saves in a row I can maybe shut him down right here and now. If he hits the 3rd degree fail he won't get a recovery save for a minute either, basically taking him out of the fight, except better since I can make him order Bump and the other guy to stand down.

Gah, that reminds me. Heritage. Nux will get a recovery save at the END of his next turn to shrug off any effects he may suffer. This applies only if he has only the 1st or 2nd degree conditions; if he falls to the 3rd degree his save interval becomes 1 per 10 round (1 minute)

Well Huckleberry Hound does hit Nux, but the sumbitch manages to wriggle away!

Dodge check vs Grab Strength check (1d20+10=30) http://invisiblecast...r/view/3508755/

Now for Nux's Will saves!

First save (1d20+10=16) http://invisiblecast...r/view/3508766/

Second save (1d20+10= 22) http://invisiblecast...r/view/3508768/

So failed the first save but made the second one; now to see what that gets me!

I realize now that the way I'd written the post actually leaves plenty of room for you to write something like, "Oh no he manages to get free!" So just go ahead and do that.

And Jameson, if I may make a suggestion, if you ever get the chance to actually take control of a subject's move action, perhaps instead of just having them stand still you could make them drop prone and spread eagle? Standing still next to HH is great, but lying down is better. This way allows for more gratuitous use of the "Randy Savage Elbow Drop from the Top Rope". :D

Damage shouldn't affect his Will Save. .... Sadly ... :(

Yeah, I always make that mistake. On the plus side, I agree that HH caught Nux flatfooted with his teleport, and since he's using a Strength-based Damage effect Nux has to resist a DC 25 with his non-existant natural Toughness, we have three degrees of failure, leaving the Nuxster staggered and at -1 for future damage saves - go Team Violence! :D

Archived