Big Eyes, Small Mouth (BESM): Nexus Earth - Chapter 12: Echoes of Eternity

Justin OOC

"Gathered Citizens of the Empire, here today, or with us across the cosmos, Today is a Day of Days. In my last Act as Emperor, I formally acknowledge and announce The Alliance between the Dalaraan Empire and the independent planet Earth, and Present to you your next Empress, My eldest daughter, Aksaniolilly, and Her human Fiance, Lord Kai Morisato, of Earth."

There was a roar of applause as the Emperor finished The still not quite used to the idea couple of Kai and Lily walking towards the dias, The only others standing there were Ryoko and Skye. The rest of the VIP's all waited in lines, to either side of the steps ascending to the dias and throne.

Each of them had dealt with new things since the return to dalaraan, and the failed final attempt at a coup. Watching the pomp and pageantry, they could only think back on what brought each of them to this point, of friends made, and many lost.

It was clear that the Royal couple would be expected to speak, and Kai, while smiling was deep in thought. For the first time in reccollection, All of the present Captains stood in the line led by Sakura, each in the formal garb of Satoshi, their Haori each denoting the CRT they commanded. Across from them were the Leaders of the Great houses, the line headed by the older and Experienced Tsume, head of the Entire Hiroga people.

He squeezed Lily's hand and offered her a knowing smile, This was what they'd worked for for so long. Rebecca had been chosen to fly Honor guard today, her Seatalon freshly painted, and the Dalaraan honorguard of 3 purebloods and two Hiroga were resplendant in golden armor.

Hideko, Francis, and the remaining Lieutenants were behind the officers, not so near, but also a visible part of the day's festivities.

All eyes turned to the Crown Princess, Though not of Age, she would reach it soon enough. Ryoko would stand as her Regent, governing the vast Empire until then. Hundreds of worlds held their collective breath in anticipation, waiting to hear what Lily's first address would be.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rebecca stood guard in SeaTalon outside the palace, leaving the honor of door guard to the Dalaraani members of her team. She stands with the two Hiroga. Their golden armor looking far different than the grey monochrome color scheme SeaTalon sports, as a show of being a SCRT-4 asset now. The SCRT-4 hasn't been known to have any combat assets, only test vehicles and construction mecha... This is unprecedented in the history of the fixers, hence her position now as Osprey-1. Leader of Osprey Squadron. She's started the training regimen prescribed for a select group to eventually become members of her squadron, but she's yet to get actual approval for her plan. She watches the ceremonies over her comlink, observing intently at what happens next.

Lily felt as if she were standing suspended a mile over a swimming pool just big enough for her body to fit into...and that she had to jump into it from where she was. The moment she started talking, it would be too late to stop, to change her mind, to hope for a rescue. For most of the Empire, this would be their first real meeting of the new Heir. The responsibility of making a good first impression on trillions of beings was not lost on her. But she didn't want to see hesitant either. So she took the plunge.

"People of the Empire," she said, her voice electronically amplified for the crowd physically present, and transmitted out on FTL channels for those watching from home, "The people of our newest ally have a saying that I think sums this moment up very well." She gave Kai a quick smile, then said, "They say the night is darkest just before the dawn. Our Empire has just had its darkest moment, but it has survived to see the dawn. That's where we are now. A new day, a new beginning. We've been hurt, but the Confederation was defeated at Earth, and the renegades defeated here at the Throne. We have been hurt, but our enemies were vanquished, and now we can rebuild stronger and better than we were before. It is our duty to ourselves, to those who will follow us, and to Tsunami herself...who personally delivered this victory to us along with the courage of our loyal soldiers, and the friendship and skill of our allies from Earth."

She paused for a moment, collecting her thoughts. "We must rededicate ourselves to the principles our society is based on, and always seek to become greater, embracing adversity to become stronger. Not just as individuals, but as a culture...as an Empire. We will not simply go back now to the way things have been, we will not make the mistakes that let this happen again. Do not fear the changes that are coming. Instead help me, help us all, lift the Empire even higher than it's gone before. That which has held us back will be cast off. That which drives us forward will be strengthened. We will go farther in this one, new day than we have in the ten thousand years before."

The response was slow, starting first among the upper reaches of the gallery of those watching, Then like a wave building as it moved towards the shore, The Cheer and applause cascaded, rolling through the crowd, until finally it reached the nobility, Who caught up in the moment, rose and cheered. Finally, the highest echelons, Dalaraan and Satoshi both, rose and applauded. "LONG LIVE THE EMPIRE! LONG LIVE PRINCESS AKSANIOLILLY!!!!"

Beside her, Kai nodded. "Well done, A Marvelous first step Lily. Your People, they are with you."

He bowed his head, "As am I, always."

Ryoko stepped forward and the crowd began to quiet and settle. "Many of you Know nothing of our Alliance with Satoshi, only that we have warred with them, as they sought to defend their homeworld. Lives were lost, on both sides. These brave warriors First defeated the Federation, Our longtime Rivals and foes across the Cosmos. Princess Aksaniolilly stood with them, alone, against the best of the Federation's warriors, and Prevailed. Then She asked simply to be given a ship to come home. Satoshi sent their Leader, and a collection of their most powerful warriors, some of the best they have under arms, to aid us. They fought bravely, with great honor. I owe my life to a Man who's name once struck fear amongst us, but who pledged his life and Honor to Satoshi, a man the Princess showed Mercy to.

"Many of you will see humans as inferior, but I tell you this, if they were as inferior as you believe, they could never have made the difference they have in all our lives. Our throneworld was ravaged by war, and With just what they had at hand, The Humans of Satoshi have largely rebuilt it, helping the sick, helping the injured, without any promise of recompense. I tell you all, I am proud to serve as Regent until Princess Aksaniolily comes of age, and I am proud of the Alliance with Earth. Standing together, we shall walk down the path to Eternity, bright, and shining."

She nodded and stepped back looking the Royal couple, and then to Skye, indicating the Priestess might wish to address the Empire. The Response to Ryoko was more subdued, talk of past hurts did that, but The crowd still applauded. The Future did look bright, and Satoshi's aid had made it possible. Without their help there would not be a shining tomorrow.

Skye paused at the Regent's nod before she stepped forward. "People of Daralaan. I know the fears that reside in your hearts. Tsunami knows your fears. She has heard your prayers, the quiet uncertainties you whisper to her in your darkest moments," Skye said simply, addressing the crowd. "She has sent me to you, as an example of what can happen when Her power and grace is matched to humanity's will and tenacity. You all know that I was born of a human." She didn't dare look at Ruri, worried at what she would see in the woman's eyes.

"Many of you fear the mingling of human and Daralaan blood," Skye said, her blue eyes gazing out on the hordes watching them. "Many of you worry if the Royal line can continue if the Consort is a human. I am here to tell you that it can. You worry that any child of this union will be weaker than Daralaans; that your blood has too much to lose to allow this to happen. You fear a half-breed monster." The priestess spoke without condemnation for their fears, even if it had pissed her off at first. "I am here to tell you that it has already happened, and it was not a thing of horror or pity. That a child has already come forth of a Daralaan and a human and that the child was no monster."

There was an outcry, of course - demands to know how this could be, mostly. No one had dared to call her a liar, but Skye knew from Ruri that there had never been a mixed-blood child before. Many believed that it was impossible. There was a demand for more information, more to be said - for this child to be produced. You knew this might be the outcome, she told herself. You knew they might react this way. "There's no need to bring her before you," Skye said softly, swallowing. "I'm already among you, brought here by Tsunami to serve you and Her and to show you that you have nothing to fear from this union of Earth and Daralaa. It's already happened, and it is part of the reason for your salvation. And you know, deep in your hearts, that Tsunami wouldn't have allowed the union of my mother and father to produce me if the mixing of our peoples was something to fear. So be at peace, and know that your Goddess watches over all Her children, and loves all of us."

During Skye's speech, Lily had stood with only her will not to flub up keeping the shock off of her face. She had been so blind! In hindsight it seemed so obvious that people, especially nobility, would harbor those fears. It had honestly never occurred to her though, because she knew a few things that weren't common knowledge. Even so, she'd become so used to knowing it that she'd forgotten how few others did. They didn't know that Kai had Dalaraan ancestry, if only in part. They didn't know about the old colonization mission back in Earth's prehistory. Or the Confederation's counterstrike that resulted in the hulk of the battleship that would one day be Satoshi's flagship being buried there. The survivors fleeing the broken colony and mixing with the natives; the offspring forming the basis of the Amaha lineage that Kai was the modern product of.

She owed Skye for this. For catching it and putting it to rest, using her own popularity as collateral. She had no idea how to make good on that debt, but it was definitely owed.

The reaction was there, yet subdued, Tsunami had chosen this woman for a reason, from among her own chosen people after all. She was the bridge between Dalaraan and Earth. The Engagement of Kai and Lily, when they married would cement it. Her words didn't calm or mollify everyone, but enough drew insight from them to silence those who didn't.

Kai for his part, looked to Lily, suprised, but also a hint of amusement in his eyes. "Looks like some of the pressure is off."

It was finally his turn to speak, and he stepped forward. "I know that the revelation just laid upon you is one of great import, and I would wish you all to take it for the sign of good will and good fortune it is."

"My friends and I came here not just to aid the Empire in its time of trial, but to establish a true friendship with all of you, the citizenry of the Empire. Many of you have seen our war machines, our warriors, and the power we possess. That is not the pride of Satoshi, of earth, of humanity. We are a tenacious people, never giving up hope. We will always stand beside our allies, and our word once given is an unbreakable promise."

"Things have been dark for us, for you, for everyone. With the help of Princess Aksaniolilly, Ryoko, and Skye, my people have found the Light again, and on behalf of my world I thank you for it. The Dalaraan are strong, in Mind, body, and spirit, and together, Humanity and the Dalaraan Empire shall stand and walk forward into the Dawning Light of an Age of peace."

Satisfied with his short speech he returned, and nodded.

With the main speeches done, Ryoko took over in her status as Regent, ending the Ceremony, beginning a grand Celebration for the Empire. Shops closed, and everywhere the people celebrated the end of hostilities, the Engagement, and even the announcement of the Priestess.

There was a grand party for the nobility as well in the palace, Something none of those present had ever experienced.

(OOC okay guys, what I want here is a single post from each of you that details what your PC does at the Party. All the major NPC's are available here for use, and all PC's are in attendance. It's the biggest formal ball/ party anyone's ever seen, celebrating everything that's happened. There's a feast to end all feasts, live music and a large dancing area, The Emperor is in a private alcove, if any wish to pay their respects. if you have questions, PM me. Once we get a post from everybody, I'll move us on to the next part.)

Rebecca stays to the fringes of the ballroom, not wanting to make a fool of herself. She never learned how to dance and in her SCRT-4 dress uniform kimono, it wasn't exactly the best choice. If she had her way she would have worn a full ball-gown, a tradition of Earth, but she decided duty and loyalty over anything. As she passes near where the Emperor sits, she curtsies, bowing her head in respect to the wizened leader of the Dalaraan Empire before moving on to the leader of the surface navy's current Admiral of the Fleet. He sits observing the crowd at his table, a brace on his leg, most likely from a recent injury still healing.

"Admiral... this seat taken?"

"Oh... Lieutenant Rathbone I presume, sit down. I hear you are a student of Naval Warfare are you not?"

"Who told you this?"

"Captain Ruri stated this mentioning you. You are a facinating subject. You were gone for Twenty years although to you it was only two... what was it like?"

"If your people have any equivalent to it in your religion, it was hell."

The Admiral thinks for a moment. "I saw the tactical reports. You fought a titan mecha?"

"That's what you all them?"

"Yes, we do have mecha of that size, so do you. We calssify your Macross Quarter for instance as a Titan."

"I see... then yes. I did. Alongside the finest pilots I ever knew. God rest their souls."

The Admiral nods. "I brought a gift." He pulls out a old looking book, well read and written in gold leaf embossing is "History of Dalaraani Ships of War".

"So... no hard feelings from making your crews abandon ship?"

"Lieutenant, we all are loyal to the Emperor. You didn't tell us to do anything we would have done out of loyalty to whom we serve."

Rebecca moves the book to her side of the table in reverance. "Thank you, Sir."

"Oh, no need for formalities. I never quite got your name so I only know you as Lieutenant Rathbone."

"Call me Rebecca, Admiral."

"Rebecca... A beautiful name."

He sips some wine from his glass as he looks her over. "Perhaps before your people intend to leave, we should take a day to sail. The weather around the Cape of Amaya is almost always fair and excellent for sailing."

Rebecca hasn't sailed for years... "Well... get me from my duties as Ruri's #2 and you'll have a first mate, Sir!" She says with a cute, informal salute.

"Hehehe... Ruri always told me you were a stickler for formalities... I see you're capable of relaxing as well. Practice that. It's how I've lived as long as I have."

"Admiral, I would have to cyberize to live as long as you."

The Admiral chuckles. Admiring the Frailty and determination of the Human Race.

Lance frowned slightly as he quietly surveyed the scene. Dressed in a spotless white military dress uniform adorned with a fair share of medals, he stood off to one side of the ballroom, keeping his distance from most of the other attendees. Protocol dictated that he be present for the festivities, but had he had a say in the matter he would have been outside on perimeter security detail along with the rest of his unit.

Gatherings such as this would always be nothing more than a security liability in his eyes. The circumstances did warrant some form of celebration, but this seemed like a bit too much. Having so many of Satoshi's high ranking officers and Dalaraan's nobility all in one spot left him feeling more than a little bit ill at ease. From a security officer's point of view, the setup was a nightmare... Plenty of ripe targets walking around for anyone wanting to disrupt Satoshi's or Dalaraan's chain of command.

The commander of Satoshi's Specter unit settled back in his seat, sampling the champagne that had been served to him. Perhaps he was being a little too paranoid about the whole thing. So far there wasn't anything to suggest anything sinister underfoot, so perhaps it was time to kick back and relax a little.

That sucked. Skye didn't go in for understatement - usually the opposite. But today she'd invested so much emotional energy in her announcement that she wasn't putting forward the strength to engage in a full-on emotional breakdown, even in the privacy of her own head. She now stood off to the side, watching the dancers and sipping the flute of mildly alcoholic drink that was required at these functions. Skye was sure it was to help lubricate social interactions between people who'd rather be walking all over one another for power.

People were still talking to her. They had to; the hazy blue aura that signaled Tsunami's favor swirled around her. It was proof positive that she hadn't been lying to them. Tsunami would have stripped her of power for such impudence. That didn't mean they were happy with her, though. She was walking proof that they weren't above genetic impurity.

Some of them were happy with her announcement. To those, her heritage was a relief: it meant that Tsunami hadn't graced a human with Her power; it meant that one had to be at least part-Daralaan to be loved by Tsunami. Skye found it as repugnant as the other attitude. It was still speciesism, just wearing a different hat.

But there was one thing both groups had in common; they both had a question that they all danced around without actually asking. Skye could see it burning in their eyes: the desire to know who her father was. Their inquiries were indirect and primly polite - they never asked for a name but hinted at her acceptance by her father's House. Skye deflected their questions politely, indirectly letting them know it was none of their business. They'd eventually have their question answered, one way or another: either he'd been a commoner and of no consequence, or it would become the business of a House.

Skye slipped away, stepping into the curtained alcove where the Emperor rested. "Your Highness," she said, bowing to him. "May I join you? I find that the crowds out there are rather taxing right now."

"Of course, Priestess," the older Daralaan told her. He patted the arm of the chair next to him, his smile warm and paternal. "Sit and be welcome."

He knows. Skye wasn't sure how, but she sensed that he did. Slipping Alaric's sword off her belt, she took a seat on the chair, drawing her feet up and sitting cross-legged. The sword rested across her knees, always in contact with her person. She'd been whipped away to too many dimensions with no warning; now she carried and slept with those personal items she couldn't bear to leave behind "Thank you," she said, smiling at him.

"No, thank you," he replied. "You tried to help ease the path for my daughter, and for that I thank you."

"No thanks are necessary," Skye replied. "It was the right thing to do." She smiled at the Emperor and settled back, comfortable for the first time this evening.

How they managed to get Hideko to wear a kimono, noone will ever know. But the green haired girl is sitting quietly. The last couple day's have been a bit of a rush to her, what with finding out there is no way to return herself to normal or get home. Klan and Kai forced her out of her room and into. She turns and looks over at Rebecca and gets up to walk to her, clumsy, as she's not used to wearing shoes like the one she has on.

"Um, excuse me. Is this spot taken?"

The girl said smiling hoping to strike up a conversation with someone.

Unlike some of the others who had to be coaxed into more formal outfits, Sakura had chosen to wear a formal lovely white and red layered Kimono with cherry blossom patterns on it, and the lovely woman had chosen to enjoy herself this evening, dancing with a number of different partners. But, with the recent deference show to her by some of the other humans, a few matters more political did come up, and she did respond to them.

"So, what is your relation to the Consort?" a noble she was dancing with asked.

"Kai? We're cousins." She left out that neither of them had known that until the few weeks.

"Indeed, so your house will be marrying into the empire though him?"

She laughed slightly at the question. "Our house.. I suppose that could be a way of seeing it, but it's not quite as simple, or as complicated. We are family, that is enough."

"But you are the most powerful individuals on your world, and more or less rule it, do you not?"

She paused. "I can't argue with that, with the great disasters and attacks on our home, it's become necessary for us to step forward to defend our world and others."

"You certainly have courage, all of you, to leave your world and come to help with our troubles."

"It was the right thing to do."

"Indeed."

With that, the dance ended and she found herself moving on to dance with others, but that conversation stuck with her.

Francis supposed he could be at ease more. Not that he wasn't enjoying the party, but there had been a lot to digest. Fair enough that it called for some thought, though as he interacted with the Dalaaran and Satoshi soldiers, and even danced a couple rounds- things got easier. Finally he came up to Sakura and gave an exaggerated nod of respect. "Care to dance?" She assented and as they swirled around, Francis commented: "So you're Kai's relative, Skye is half-Dalaaran... I wonder, is sour-faced Lance a monkey's uncle?"

The wry grin looked amused by his joke.

Arm in arm with Kai, Lily made her rounds. Each of the noble House heads had to have the chance to offer their respects, and there were quite a few as Lily was not leaving out the 'minor' Houses. Then there were the Trade Associations, the Imperial representatives of various interstellar conglomerates with similar interests...fulfilling a role somewhere between a guild and a lobbyist. And then just people...spectators and onlookers in the palace. A great many of them wanted a chance to see her up close, to express their hopes and thanks. Kai had admirers too, and especially from the common people of Dalaraan, the thanks for him as the leader of Satoshi were heartfelt. A great deal of reconstruction work was being done with the Satoshi emblem pressed on the machines.

Finally they took a rest from the matters of state and found a quiet spot behind one of the pillars to hide. Lily gave Kai a wan smile there and admitted, "Sorry about all this...I just...they need me to be connected and involved and...all that."

Kai just smiled. "I know. I wouldn't expect any less from you."

She sighed. "Seems like I'm putting a lot of energy into connecting with everyone except the most important to me." She reached out and put her arms loosely around Kai's shoulders. "That's what I'm apologizing for."

With a good-natured shrug, Kai replied, "We'll have plenty of time later..."

"No," Lily cut him off firmly. "That's not how I want to do this. You're not an afterthought, or someone I make room for on a 'time permitting' basis." She took a deep breath. "I...when I first came to Earth, I knew that I might be marrying you. As part of the alliance. At the time, I wasn't Heir, and it wouldn't have been nearly as..." She paused, trying to think of a way to put it that wasn't offensive. "...controversial. After everything fell apart and I spent time there, I realized that Earth wasn't really into diplomatic marriages anymore...but by that time I was already starting to think I might not mind so much."

She smiled. "I guess what I'm trying to say is that...a lot of people think our betrothal is about politics. I'm not one of them. And I still want to go on dates with you, and do that whole Earth courtship thing. It looks like a lot of fun for all concerned."

Kai was grinning widely as he gently took Lily's hands from his shoulder and kissed them both. "We can start right now if you want."

"Oh?" she asked, "How's that?"

He bowed, with a bit of self-mocking melodrama...and a bit of earnestness. "May I have this dance?"

Lily laughed and curtsied. "Lead on."

They danced for most of the rest of the night, neither wanting to stop once they'd started. After a few songs Lily had Kai stand on her feet so she could fly them both into the high arched airspace of the palace great hall, where several other Pure couples were dancing as well. For a slow song or two, they were literally in midair. Finally they touched down again and danced another few songs before they noticed things starting to dwindle. And of course, a few courtiers were waiting in the wings with anxious stares at Lily. And more representatives. And a couple of nobles .

"Kai..."

"It's all right," Kai assured her with his usual smile. "There's a few other people I should probably talk to before the night's over too."

Lily nodded, then leaned forward and kissed him on the lips. It was long enough not to be just friendly, long enough to want more...but not quite straying into 'make out' territory. It hinted at things to come without giving anything away.

"Thanks for a wonderful first date, husband-to-be," she said mischievously.

He kissed the back of her hand and let her go with a bow. "See you soon."

"Definitely"

And the two heads of state separated to attend their respective duties, even if their thoughts were stuck like glue to one another.

The ball went on well into the night, Each guest leaving with a sense of fulfillment. Last upon the dancefloor were the Royal couple, dancing the last song alone. The Emperor, even Ryoko, and all the Captains had long since left. "I'd say that went well." They weren't alone in the room, but still there were few others present.

Kai smiled to her. "We finally got to finish a date."

"Not until you walk me to my room."

Kai nodded. "fair enough." He'd enjoyed holding her in his arms. The burdens of the world, of everything else that had happened, they all melted away and could do no harm, so long as they were together.

Just as he went to to escort her out, to her own room, the small comm on his collar began to beep.

"I don't believe this."

The voice of Monica, Comms officer for the Quarter came over. "Head Captain Morisato, we need you to come up topside immediately. You need to see what's up here, now."

"It cannot wait?"

"No, Sir, it cannot. Captains Nagare and Klang are already enroute."

"Very well, standby."

He looked to Lily. "Looks like the "curse" still stands."

She kissed him again, and he smiled. "Yeah. Come on, let's see what's so damn important." Using his dimensional doorway ability, he called to the others (The PC's) "Come on, we can get to our rooms after this You all deserve to see whatever this is."

-------------------------------------------------------

On the moon, What was thought to be a gigantic crater, in reality wasn't. Lit up like the old tokyo skyline, It had begun moving, a great circle, six miles across. Something had awoken.

Shiyukumei woke with a start, plugged into her combat frame as she was. Running through all diagnostics, she couldn't believe the figures she got back. Ninety thousand years elapsed, and all without incident, until now. The Gate had activated, and in her duty as gatekeeper, she'd failed.

It had been her penance, and she'd failed.

There were starships orbiting the nearby planet, and among them she saw something beyond expectations. It was a Combat Frame, G-000, It was Gai, after all the years. She wasn't alone, another of their race had lived, and he was here. She had to go to him.

--------------------------------------------

As Kai and the others emmerged onto the bridge, it was quickly noted his infinity symbol hadn't disappeared. "It's a Dimensional gateway, the biggest I've ever seen."

"Sir... Something tells me we shouldn't be poking at doors we don't know of." Rebecca says to Kai. "I have an idea. Certain sectors of space have unique radiation and gas makeups. If we can compare what's streaming out of that gate, we can check to see where it's origin is. I will have to link up with astrometrics to verify if this theory is even plausible."

Somtimes, Rebecca wonders if she entered the wrong field. "Ensign, prepare things on our end." She states to Kirumi sitting at the science and engineering console on the bridge.

"Bloody hell this better not be what I think it is..." She grumbles. She looked at the data Francis was stingy with in regards to what he saw earlier. Those things... won't be friendly party crashers. After all they achieved and all they worked for this could be wiped away in a moment of pure aggression. "What do you think, Sir?"

"Rebecca, The Amaha were the keepers of Earth's gates, It's my duty to investigate."

"Besides, this isn't anything like ours, its six times larger than the Bazagoth Gate in Japan."

He looked to Lily. "In theory that's correct. But this is beyond me, and beyond Satoshi."

Suddenly a large Black Shape eclipsed their view, and then turned Revealing itself to be Gaogaigar. "She's waking up."

"Gai?"

"I told Valerie when we arrived that I felt one of my Kind in this system. What you are seeing is exactly that. It is a Universal gateway my people build in time forgotten. With its activation, if It's Guardian lives, She will awaken, and expect answers. Do not React with Violence. I will do what I can."

Kai looked to Klan. "I don't know Kai, I think this is something he feels strongly about. I've never seen a mech almost vibrate with anticipation, but that's what has happened with Gai."

Kai nodded. "Then we wait, prepare the fleet in case anything else shows up though. Best to be ready, in a defensive posture."

She had enjoyed the dance with Francis, and laughed slightly at his joke, continuing to dance though the evening as matters grew to a close, shifting away from political discussion whenever it came up, enough to let the various lords and others that she danced with know she wasn't interested in discussing anything at the moment. Of course, part of that was due to feeling a bit out of her depth, she'd been made second in line, in a way, she was more then just Kai's cousin, she was his heir should anything happen, light forbid, and she didn't feel like she knew enough to play any sort of politics with people.

So she began to shift to dancing with folks who didn't ask much of her, Francis especially sense she knew him and felt more in common with him as a comrade then some of the others, but when things began to wind down, and then come to an end.. then Kai brought them all to the some new situation, she looked at the massive gate opening and frowned slightly. "From one crisis to another, it seems, let's hope this doesn't devolve into another fight."

Her brow furrowed, "he better have answers, I didn't almost destroy the universe once only to have it happen again without my consent."

"Looks like she's still in good shape, lets go Angelus," The 60 foot tall mech floated out of the crater's center slowly, the eyes of the head unit lit up as she took in the space around her, Trajectory calculated, engaged. The shell of the mech unfurled like great eagle wings, her propulsion fired up as photons and particles drove the angelic visage towards Gai, ancient weapons charged, "he better have answers."

Another_Wing_Zero_Kai_by_ssejllenrad2.jpg

"Whatever happens, All of you, do not engage her. She's liable to be abit testy."

With that Gai went out to meet her. "I see you've slept will, Shiyukumei. Perhaps too well."

"Report your status, and that of your charge." The order came from one used to command, and with a confident bravado. The Gaogaigar was over three hundred and fifty feet tall, almost six times larger than the Angelus, and yet they knew they smaller mech was nothing to trifle with, as the ships active scans returned general statistics.

"It's got the firepower of a Captain level machine, everything screams Elite warrior."

"Gai, it is you then, still compensating hmm?" she chuckled, "snide remarks aside, there isn't much to say, the early warning system failed to wake me up before this breech, as for my status, I'm pissed, is that enough of a status report?"

Meanwhile she scans the unfamiliar ships nearby, her weapons at the ready, who knows how Gai is after 90k years.

"Nice to see you too," recalling her logs she patched visual of a human sized angelic creature exiting and making a fast trajectory toward Ikarus, "which seems to be in an alternate reality, it's possible this is why I was so delayed in waking up, this is something that will take time to fix unless technologies involving this somehow have been developed and mastered without a chance of destroying all space time."

"I have something better than technology Shiyu, I know of a living Key to all realities. On a world we considered so backwater, such a being has come into existence."

"Eternity works in mysterious ways. Would you like to meet him, and perhaps convince him to aid you in pursuing the one who used the gate?"

"Such a person is dangerous, I know more than anyone, but so long as we keep him on our side it would be best, who knows who would seek his power for their own.." she thought a moment, "but such convincing could take time, I might enjoy stretching my legs, considering there's no real structure of government to really force my actions.." she smirked going over Gai's impressive mech, "y'know I never thought I'd see my technological idea's still in use."

"Everyone would. Luckily he has many poweful allies."

His laughter echoed over the channel. "You built things to last, when they didn't blow up right away."

"Follow me, I'll show you to the Ship, and to The Head Captain and others."

With that he led her to the Macross Quarter. "Head Captain, I have brought in Shiyukumei, one of my people's most interesting and renowned scientists. If you would please have a bay prepared so you can meet face to face. I reccomend the bay for the Quadrono."

Klan chuckled. Her bay was the most roomy, and the only one with head level catwalks so the micronized could converse with full sized HG troopers.

"It's ready, Tell your friend she can use it at any time. "The door opened. "You of course will have to remain outside." The Gaogaigar wouldn't fit in that bay, and would remain on the outer hull.

Kai looked to the others. "Well it seems we're going to meet another hundred thousand year old entity today."

Gai looked to Shiyukumei. "Please be respectful, and share what you know. If anyone can help, it will be these people."

"We will see what happens, upload what information of the individual to Angelus for me while I mingle."

Angelus floated inside the hanger and moved to a spot of easy access for egress, as such the hangar doors closed behind her.

A hiss of steam came from the giant angelic form as the front of Angelus opened to reveal the large and beautiful form hidden within. Every bit of her screamed perfection to normal people, while the lusty aren't sure what happened during that first few minutes of seeing her. She took a knee and breathed in the ships recycled air, despite the lighter gravity, it was still slightly hard for her, yet she maintained her quiet dignity.

Kai had opened the doorway connecting they bay, and Angelus' sensor package registered it as Kai walked through the doorway, followed by the others.

"Welcome to the Macross Quarter, one of the Starships of Satoshi Heavy Industries. I am Kai Morisato, Head Captain of the Crisis response teams. To whom do I have the privelage of addressing?"

Kai was a young man, looking remarkably like the Ancients did, indeed all those present did with the exception of two who had slightly more pointed ears.

"Being the current time, I don't think my titles matter any more, so Shiyu is fine Head Captain." she stood up her full near fifty feet tall and input a small combination into her inner wrist, Angelus sealed up as wings closed around it making it look now more like a sarcophagus, "I will have need to speak with this, "dimension key" soon, but for now, I would humbly ask for some manner of living quarters and a chance to relax.

"Kai then."

Klan was shocked. This Precursor was a HG trooper like herself. A 100 thousand year old one. Kai smiled. "You're already speaking to me. I'm going to hazard a guess that you have a smaller form you can be micronized to, one closer to our size. This bay and the adjoining one are the only areas of the ship other than the other hangars where you could be accomodated at your current size. He have facilities for resizing if you require them."

A Vid window opened. "Shiyukumei, it is best to take him up on the offer, the technology was gleaned from my records, and is safe for us."

She looks at him and analyzes the tech and nodded pressing a few keys it opened with a hiss, "I have things from here, you may avert your eyes," this was said with a cold demand, despite the wording, it was clear, someone may lose their life for peeking. With their eyes averted she removed her form fitting suit, her form quite preserved, not a single imperfection could be noted in her skin, not that anyone could see.

Kai left, leaving her in peace. Klan turned the machines on and waited. The group moved on to the Meeting room, where drinks were served, and outside they could see the Gaogaigar waiting, anticipation flashing through his eyes.

Upon awaking from the resizing procedure, Shiyu was met by a seemingly young blue haired girl, the one who'd asnwered to Klan. "This way. My Lieutenant is quite happy to see you alive and well. That's a most welcome change, for that I thank you." Evidently this "Child" considered Gai her subordinate, a thought that was oddly funny.

When led into the room Kai nodded. "I trust you are rested somewhat. Please sit."

"As you would then."

Kai nodded. "I'm told you're the guardian of this gateway. Gai has told us something has entered it from this world and as we've been involved in a civil war, we're worried that it might be something that could spread the war which has been quelled here to another world. What I'd ask is if you can show us what went through, and if possible, grant us the use of the gate."

He was very polite, and while the others were largely quiet, She could feel them all sizing her up. She was a seriously unknown quantity.

She thought a moment, "There isn't much to show you, just a micron with wings." Pacing through the office, her moves calculated, a dangerous glance is returned, her red eyes piercing theirs, she would not be the only one sized up this hour. "I cannot allow free access to the gate, I may bring some aid through with me, when I track down this deviant, nothing larger than Gai's vessel will be allowed entry, after screening, by myself of course."

"By Micron with wings, you mean someone our size with wings then?" Kai wasn't looking at her, his gaze resting on Skye.

"I believe I can identify your mysterious intruder then."

"He was someone brought here to aid in the battle, who went missing in action during the final battle. We'd like to return him here."

"I was hoping to use the gate to get my fleet home, now that our Flagship's stardrive cannot be repaired here." The news was some he'd gotten before the ball, and had done well to keep hidden. The Drive simply couldn't be repaired here, The fabricators couldn't synthesize the materials required.

Archived